PDA

View Full Version : Game 3 Analysis

nbascribe
06-13-2005, 04:37 PM
If the Spurs are to win game 3, there are several areas where they will have to be cognizant of.

1) With Detroit looking to get physical, the Spurs will have repeat their six minute feat of scoring quickly and early in the first quarter to silence the crowd.

2) Weathering the storm is going to be crucial. Home cooking and your own bed will do wonders for a team that is in the situation that Detroit is in. They will try to make several runs during the game but if the Spurs simply stay to their execution of their basic plays when it counts, they will have withstood one of the bigger challenges.

3) Foul trouble will be prevalent. The Spurs will have to play smart basketball and be aggressive yet play under control. Frustration will set in often if the Spurs start complaining to the refs.

4) Keep cool heads and just execute when it matters.

Those are just a few observations of what I think the Spurs may need to do to win game 3. :drunk

zedman
06-13-2005, 05:06 PM
I think another point of concern is rebounding. In game 2 the Spurs were out rebounded by 11 and they let the Pistions grab 18 offensive rebounds. We need to keep them off of the offensive glass.

duncan_21
06-13-2005, 06:02 PM
I think the most important point, and this is crucial...the spurs have to be there when they have the opening tip.

bdubya
06-13-2005, 06:02 PM
They'll also have to continue the hot shooting, and hope Detroit doesn't start actually sinking their layups and short Js. :cuss A little difference in fg% and a little composure on the part of the champs could make a big difference in the outcome.

T Park
06-13-2005, 06:27 PM
They got lucky in game 2 that the rebounding didn't effect them TOO much.

That number of rebounds offensively for the Pistons needs to come WAYYY the hell down.

Mohammed and Horry need to rebound the ball MUCH better.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-13-2005, 06:35 PM
I agree, this will be a dangerous game. Detroit is shooting 8 FG % points higher at home than on the road.

They like the home rims.

I also suspect we'll be at the wrong end of the FT disparity stats (think game 2 was like 32-10), and foul trouble.

T Park
06-13-2005, 06:42 PM
All you gotta tell em, expect to have all the calls go against you.

When they make a call against you, hold your hand up, dont complain and what the hell, say to the ref, "Good call, my fault"

That IMO would do you WAAYYYY better than whining your ass off in Detroit.

Also, when Tayshaun gets in the post, first off, dont let him, front his ass,

if he does get it, double team him quick as fuck twords the baseline and then thre rest of the guys get back and go for steals.

also quick double, or pressing of Billups seems to work so keep that up.

keep up the great work on Hamilton.

Also, more of Glenn Robinson and less of Brent Barry would be great pop come the fuck on.

Guru of Nothing
06-13-2005, 06:47 PM
I also suspect we'll be at the wrong end of the FT disparity stats (think game 2 was like 32-10), and foul trouble.

A strong game from the bench ought to negate any bias, real or perceived.

ETA: I think Big Doggy breaks out with a huge game 3.

2centsworth
06-13-2005, 06:52 PM
INTENSITY!

1Parker1
06-13-2005, 06:52 PM
Spurs need to be carefull of Chancey Billups tommorow night. Parker really needs to be aggressive with him, I expect he is going to come out tommorow pissed at his poor performance and the team's poor performance on Sunday night. Billups is the leader of the Pistons, IMO, Spurs need to be prepared with him going strong and posting up Parker, etc.