PDA

View Full Version : Dana White Major Announcement Tomorrow 1 P.M. ET

ace3g
09-01-2011, 04:41 PM
UFC announces that @danawhite will be making a "major announcement" tomorrow at 1 pm ET.

danawhite Dana White
The "BIG Announcement" 2 morrow at 10 am will be the FOX fight. The UFC and FOX are so pumped for @UFCONFOXSports!!!!!!!!

http://www.cagepotato.com/dana-white-to-announce-main-event-for-fox-debut-during-friday-afternoon-media-conference-call-possibly-featuring-overeem/

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/9/1/2398872/ufc-president-dana-white-has-a-huge-announcement-what-is-it

dbreiden83080
09-01-2011, 05:02 PM
Dana bought another ferrari

mystargtr34
09-02-2011, 07:58 AM
Probly that Overeem signed for UFC if i was to put my money somewhere.

desflood
09-02-2011, 09:59 AM
Probly that Overeem signed for UFC if i was to put my money somewhere.
:tu

ace3g
09-02-2011, 01:49 PM
So Cain vs Junior Dos Santos is now the main event for this event

dbreiden83080
09-02-2011, 02:42 PM
Wow great move by the UFC..

The Ultimate Fighting Championship will introduce itself to Fox by putting the heavyweight belt on the line.

Cain Velasquez will make his first title defense Nov. 12 in a bout with Junior Dos Santos that will be the centerpiece of UFC's first show on the Fox network. The championship bout will be the only live fight of the one-hour broadcast, UFC announced Friday.

"This is like us getting Ali-Foreman," said David Hill, chairman of Fox Sports.

The event will take place in Anaheim, Calif., where Velasquez won the belt from Brock Lesnar in October 2010. Velasquez has not fought since that victory because of a partially torn rotator cuff.

Dos Santos confirmed his status as the No. 1 contender at heavyweight with a convincing decision win in June over Shane Carwin.

The remainder of the broadcast will feature either a replay of a full fight from earlier in the show or a package of highlights, said Eric Shanks, president of Fox Sports.

Although UFC will control the broadcast production, the promotion wants Fox's input, UFC President Dana White said. UFC's usual TV broadcast duo of play-by-play-man Mike Goldberg and analyst Joe Rogan will handle the commentary duties for the Fox program.

"We love Joe Rogan," Hill said.

Velasquez-Dos Santos will be the first fight under a seven-year deal that was announced last month. UFC will have four shows a year on Fox, along with others on the FX cable channel.

"We're not mainstream," White said. "We're getting the opportunity from Fox to become mainstream."

Fox will promote the fight heavily across its properties, Shanks said. The first ads will appear Saturday on broadcasts for Major League Baseball and college football, he said.

"There was no question we were going to get a fight of this magnitude," Shanks said. "We knew these guys were going to deliver."

Although the Nov. 12 show will be UFC's live debut on over-the-air TV, it's not the first mixed martial arts program on a major network.

CBS broke new ground in May 2008 when it carried an EliteXC event featuring street brawler Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson. The show that averaged 4.85 million viewers for the entire 2-hour program.

"I'm expecting to blow that number out of the water," White said Friday.

Several events from EliteXC and Strikeforce aired on CBS from 2008 to 2010, although the network currently does not carry any MMA programming.

But as the sport's dominant brand, UFC held off on a network deal for years despite periodic negotiations. The Fox contract reportedly pays UFC parent Zuffa about $100 million annually over seven years for content that includes live fight cards, The Ultimate Fighter reality show and related programming.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/mma/post/2011-09-02/ufc-fox-cain-velasquez-junior-dos-santos/545749/1

polandprzem
09-02-2011, 03:04 PM
ehhhh

I almost knew it will happen

BlackSwordsMan
09-03-2011, 11:12 AM
ali-foreman really?