PDA

View Full Version : Sweep/Win Early? or Win at Home

Boo
06-13-2005, 05:53 PM
This one subject has been in my head forever.

Would you Spurs fans rather Win in Detroit and have the fact that you won the series or go back home and have a possibility of the Pistons winning.

Say that we win on the road and we're champs, or go home and have the ability to win there but have the ability to lose also.

It's a hard question to actually type but I hope you guys know what I mean.

Marklar MM
06-13-2005, 05:54 PM
I believe everyone would say win at home. The players get to celebrate in a friendly crowd, and it is just a better atmosphere.

Kori Ellis
06-13-2005, 05:57 PM
I don't think very many would say win at home. Why would you want to let the Pistons have the opportunity to win it?

All fans should want the Spurs to sweep if they can.

samikeyp
06-13-2005, 05:57 PM
win it as quickly as possible.

mavsfan1000
06-13-2005, 05:59 PM
I would say let it go 7 than try to win it.

CosmicCowboy
06-13-2005, 06:00 PM
If you asked the players I am sure they would rather wrap it up in 4 and get on the plane...

desflood
06-13-2005, 06:01 PM
Ditto

Willinsa
06-13-2005, 06:02 PM
Win it in 4 or 5, don't want to pay $150 for a nosebleed seat. :lol

atlfan25
06-13-2005, 06:07 PM
I want them to win it in Detroit. When they come back to San Antonio it better be with the trophy.

Sense
06-13-2005, 06:08 PM
Personally I think that in our last championship, we lost on purpose...

Yep... I think the Spurs dropped 2 games so that David's retirement game would have been in San Antonio on father's day.

I don't know, that's just me...

but I'll take a title either way.

ALVAREZ6
06-13-2005, 06:09 PM
Easy answer...
http://www.madlantern.com/clipart/clips/construction/broom.gif

timvp
06-13-2005, 06:09 PM

:tu

Kori Ellis
06-13-2005, 06:11 PM
I would say let it go 7 than try to win it.

If your team actually made it to the Finals, you probably wouldn't say that.

SpursWoman
06-13-2005, 06:11 PM
Well, since I had the very good fortune to witness the Championship-clinching game in 2003...I'd say win it as quickly as possible.

:)

DDS4
06-13-2005, 06:21 PM
As a side note...it's kinda cool to win the championship in someone else's building.

A stadium full of deathly silent people while the only noise you hear is the cheering and yelling from your own team.

Plus, you can wreck the joint when you celebrate with champagne!

maxpower
06-13-2005, 06:25 PM
I hear this more and more and I think it is the most idiotic thing a fan could wish for. Why in the world would you care where they win. It's not as if the Spurs players are going to invite any of you to celebrate with them. You will celebrate in either case.
Idiots, geez![/napoleon dynamite]

Kori Ellis
06-13-2005, 06:32 PM
I hear this more and more and I think it is the most idiotic thing a fan could wish for. Why in the world would you care where they win.

Umm.. maybe because some fans want to go to the game?

boutons
06-13-2005, 06:32 PM
"Why in the world would you care where they win"

Compare the Spurs celebration @ friendly SBC in 03 vs a probably Spurs celebration in alien DET next week. The stands will probably be nearly deserted for the presentation ceremony, and Detroit scum fans being what they showed last November, who knows what kind mischief and spoil-sport shit they could get up to.

The problem with winning @SBC is that it requires the Spurs to lose 2 games @DET, to go 1-2 @DET.

So, can't be greedy, finish it with 2 wins @DET, and then we go to the airport and sweat our butts off waiting for them to come home.

T Park
06-13-2005, 06:35 PM
Since I cant go to game 6 or 7.

Win it as quick as you can

4 or 5 games.

The trophy presentation is just as good at home or on the road.

The parade is still at home.

If you want to hear we are the champions while they hoist the trophy, download the song in the 4th quarter.....

timvp
06-13-2005, 06:38 PM
"Why in the world would you care where they win"

Compare the Spurs celebration @ friendly SBC in 03 vs a probably Spurs celebration in alien DET next week. The stands will probably be nearly deserted for the presentation ceremony, and Detroit scum fans being what they showed last November, who knows what kind mischief and spoil-sport shit they could get up to.

The problem with winning @SBC is that it requires the Spurs to lose 2 games @DET, to go 1-2 @DET.

So, can't be greedy, finish it with 2 wins @DET, and then we go to the airport and sweat our butts off waiting for them to come home.

All true but the celebration at MSG was classic.

T Park
06-13-2005, 06:47 PM
a celebration in Detroit would be pretty funny too.....

twincam
06-13-2005, 06:53 PM
I'd say win 1 of 3 in Detroit, then bring it home and take it all in San Antonio...
Then the downtown San Antonio celebration starts.

1Parker1
06-13-2005, 06:57 PM
I'd prefer Spurs winning at home in 6 games, since I bet about 2 grand in Vbookie on it :)

Seriously, I don't care where they win as long as they WIN!! Clinching the championship on the road on the homecourt of the defending champions isn't such a bad way to end the year either.

maxpower
06-13-2005, 07:07 PM
Umm.. maybe because some fans want to go to the game?

ummm...the big picture is the trophy. Of course that is why they say it...doesn't make it less idiotic. No game is a sure thing. They say it like there is 100% chance Spurs will win.

50 cent
06-13-2005, 07:11 PM
I'm so damn sick of the NBA season, I really hope there is only 2 games left.

:lmao

Kori Ellis
06-13-2005, 07:12 PM
Maxpower, you said why would they care where they win because the Spurs aren't going to celebrate with them. You were acting like being at the game wasn't a factor in enjoying watching it. As if Spurs fans should enjoy a sweep that ended on the road, the same as they would enjoy a sweep that ended at home.

Guru of Nothing
06-13-2005, 07:14 PM
All true but the celebration at MSG was classic.

The gathering at the airport was pretty cool too. Do I recall correctly, David Robinson exited the plane with the trophy held high?

maxpower
06-13-2005, 07:22 PM
Maxpower, you said why would they care where they win because the Spurs aren't going to celebrate with them. You were acting like being at the game wasn't a factor in enjoying watching it. As if Spurs fans should enjoy a sweep that ended on the road, the same as they would enjoy a sweep that ended at home.

Let's call my question rhetorical since the point was why chance a loss(which could snowball to 2 or more losses) when nothing is guaranteed. :angel

mavsfan1000
06-13-2005, 08:22 PM
It sucks that the NBA season is almost over. I hope Stern doesn't prevent us from having next year. I love watching the regular season with little pressure there is during that time. Dallas was a fun team to watch and I hope the season starts on time.

Kori Ellis
06-13-2005, 08:25 PM
I hope Stern doesn't prevent us from having next year.

Blame the player's agents, not Stern. The owner's side has already come down a lot.

50 cent
06-13-2005, 08:26 PM
It sucks that the NBA season is almost over. I hope Stern doesn't prevent us from having next year. I love watching the regular season with little pressure there is during that time. Dallas was a fun team to watch and I hope the season starts on time.
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Aww, the life of a Mavs fan. :lol

mavsfan1000
06-13-2005, 08:29 PM
I set you up for that joke. I knew it would work. You were quick to jump on that one.

timvp
06-13-2005, 08:29 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Aww, the life of a Mavs fan. :lol

:lmao

This thread is almost a certified classic.

T Park
06-13-2005, 08:30 PM
Blame the player's agents, not Stern.

exactly.

Im sick of the fucking player's agents already.

Like Shaq said in 99, "Get the angry brothas outta there and get a deal done"

I wish some of the guys like Duncan and others would step up and say, look, lets get a fuckin deal done, why chance a NHL Like mishap, jsut AGREE TO A GODDAMN DEAL ALREADY!!!!

I want to be able to talk this summer about Scola, Horry, and maybe Sanikidze or Javtokas comin over, summer league games.

myhc
06-13-2005, 08:30 PM
I'd definitely want them to win it as quickly as possible and if that means a sweep, well than gosh darnitt, I think I'll have to begrudgingly take that.

rr2418
06-13-2005, 09:39 PM
win in 4 !!

JustSpurs
06-13-2005, 11:01 PM
I don't care how they win it be it in four games or seven. I just want to see another trophy banner hanging in the SBC.

wildbill2u
06-14-2005, 11:11 AM
This one subject has been in my head forever.

Would you Spurs fans rather Win in Detroit and have the fact that you won the series or go back home and have a possibility of the Pistons winning.

Say that we win on the road and we're champs, or go home and have the ability to win there but have the ability to lose also.

Here's a poll from the Detroit News about how many games their fans expect the Pistons to win at home:

None; the Spurs will sweep the series. 38.76%

One; the Spurs will win in five games. 23.38%

Two; They'll go back to San Antonio down 3-2. 17.13%

Three; They'll lead the series after Game 5. 20.73%