PDA

View Full Version : Yao Ming withdraws Hall of Fame nomination

Ron Popeil
09-01-2011, 07:55 PM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/08/yao-ming-hall-of-fame-withdraws-nomination/1

Yao Ming is in no hurry to gain induction into the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame.

The 7-6 giant who opened the basketball world's eyes to all the possibilities that exist in China has formally requested that his nomination be put off for now.

Yao just retired in July, and although players must wait five years before becoming eligible he could have gone in with the 2012 class, as a contributor.

Hall of Fame president John Doleva told the AP that Yao's agent, John Huizinga, requested the nomination that was made by a member of the Chinese news media be tabled.

Said Doleva: "He (Huizinga) indicated that Yao has great respect for the institution and equal respect for those elected before his consideration. He just feels that it's too soon to be considered as a contributor."

Yao was an eight-time All-Star with the Houston Rockets before his career was cut short by numerous injuries. Doleva said Yao didn't specify a time to be reconsidered.

"It really, at this point, would be his call," Doleva said. "The ball is in his court."

ginobili's bald spot
09-01-2011, 07:57 PM
china=class

pass1st
09-01-2011, 08:13 PM
Yao is alright in my book even if he has a glass foot.

Ron Popeil
09-01-2011, 08:21 PM
Yao is alright in my book even if he has a glass foot.

Am I alright in your book?

mavs>spurs
09-01-2011, 08:22 PM
too early to make the withdrawal tbh, just ask the commie ######s for some help and they would have a good chance to gain an exception for yao, they'll keep bullying you until you accept their request imho