PDA

View Full Version : Spurs fans, please show some class

Mac66
06-13-2005, 06:50 PM
As an avid spurs lover, I was pretty disgusted by the bad manners shown by Spurs fans during the introductions of the Pistons line-up. Booing the visiting team during introductions is pathetic and conduct unbecoming a spurs fan. It's what LOSERS with no class whatsoever do! And DON'T say that's what Pistons fans do, We're NOT Pistons fans. Show some class people. I live on the east coast, and I was especially ashamed about this after bragging to people here about how friendly and respectful San Antonio fans are. Oh, and by the way, I also read that you all booed Malik Rose, OUR OWN PLAYER, for making a bad shot in January!!!! PATHETIC.

Other embarassing things.... the totally ridiculous pre-game show/circus, the tacky, tacky, TACKY, trophy replica the Spurs stood in front of during intros (uggh..that was soooo gaudy. someone please fire the SBC genius who came up with that), and the funeral march music used to 'welcome' the Pistons. I always thought we had the best team and fans in the NBA. Well, at least we still have the best team.

E20
06-13-2005, 06:52 PM
:lol

atlfan25
06-13-2005, 06:55 PM
don't criticize fans for being fans

firepopovich
06-13-2005, 06:56 PM
welcome to sports

Cant_Be_Faded
06-13-2005, 06:56 PM
I did think it was ironic and funny when they played the Undertaker's theme song to introduce the Pistons.

Do you think it was wrong to do that? If you ask me they got buried and owned in game 2. And that doesn't mean I have no class, it means I saw the Spurs own yet another opponent this postseason. Course thats just my opinion, I could be wrong.

SpursWoman
06-13-2005, 06:57 PM
I believe the Malik Rose play you're talking about is when he took a bad shot...pulled his shirt over his head like a dumbass, and let the guy he was supposed to be defending get the rebound, fly to the other end uncovered, and score.

That's the only one I can think of.

And you're bitching about things that are very normal in any arena at any given point in the year....have you even been to a game?

Welcome to the forum. :)

T Park
06-13-2005, 07:02 PM
As an avid spurs lover, I was pretty disgusted by the bad manners shown by Spurs fans during the introductions of the Pistons line-up. Booing the visiting team during introductions is pathetic and conduct unbecoming a spurs fan. It's what LOSERS with no class whatsoever do! And DON'T say that's what Pistons fans do, We're NOT Pistons fans. Show some class people. I live on the east coast, and I was especially ashamed about this after bragging to people here about how friendly and respectful San Antonio fans are. Oh, and by the way, I also read that you all booed Malik Rose, OUR OWN PLAYER, for making a bad shot in January!!!! PATHETIC.

Other embarassing things.... the totally ridiculous pre-game show/circus, the tacky, tacky, TACKY, trophy replica the Spurs stood in front of during intros (uggh..that was soooo gaudy. someone please fire the SBC genius who came up with that), and the funeral march music used to 'welcome' the Pistons. I always thought we had the best team and fans in the NBA. Well, at least we still have the best team

first off.

Kiss my ass, as a fan who mays thousands of dollars to go to these games, Ill fuckin boo if I want jackass.

Second,

dont like players getting booed??? Go root for the Devil Rays cause no one gives a shit about them.

ducks
06-13-2005, 07:04 PM

Other embarassing things.... the totally ridiculous pre-game show/circus, the tacky, tacky, TACKY, trophy replica the Spurs stood in front of during intros (uggh..that was soooo gaudy. someone please fire the SBC genius who came up with that), and the funeral march music used to 'welcome' the Pistons. I always thought we had the best team and fans in the NBA. Well, at least we still have the best team.

mouse?

Cant_Be_Faded
06-13-2005, 07:04 PM
not enough spelling errors

j/k

ducks
06-13-2005, 07:06 PM
when you put your shirt over your head and let your guy score
YOU DESERVE TO GET BOOED

Mac66
06-13-2005, 07:07 PM
So Malik screwed up. He was still a Spur. He was a great guy who gave us many years (eight years I think) of great play. He didn't deserve that.
I can't believe we would boo our own player. And yes, I've been to a game. I used to have season tickets on the floor during the late 80s early 90s. I don't recall the visiting teams ever getting treated like that during introductions. In fact, they got (a very muted) applause.

BronxCowboy
06-13-2005, 07:08 PM
when you put your shirt over your head and let your guy score
YOU DESERVE TO GET BOOED

If you boo your own team, you're just a jackass.

ducks
06-13-2005, 07:08 PM
when you screw up at work
you boss boos you
why should you not get booed if you quit trying

E20
06-13-2005, 07:09 PM
No fan group has 100% class that is impossible and Ducks if I screw up at work my boss wouldn't boo at me, he'd fire me! :lmao

ducks
06-13-2005, 07:10 PM
I would only boo a spur player when they quit trying rose quit when he burried his head in his shirt

Marklar MM
06-13-2005, 07:10 PM
Prepare for Detroit. You will get booed before the game, during the game, after the game, and when they find out what hotel you are staying at, they will boo you there to.

ducks
06-13-2005, 07:11 PM
no the fans in detroit threaten you with bombs

Marklar MM
06-13-2005, 07:12 PM

that guy is in jail.

ducks
06-13-2005, 07:13 PM
they are several like that
the fan that threw beer at a opposing team players
then the fans aroudn him that let him do that

Cant_Be_Faded
06-13-2005, 07:14 PM
LOL bombs

Marklar MM
06-13-2005, 07:16 PM
I am not even going to argue on this subject.

Trooper 2112
06-13-2005, 07:16 PM
first off.

Kiss my ass, as a fan who mays thousands of dollars to go to these games, Ill fuckin boo if I want jackass.

Second,

dont like players getting booed??? Go root for the Devil Rays cause no one gives a shit about them.
:lol Amen

mouse
06-13-2005, 07:17 PM
first off.

Kiss my ass, Ill fuckin boo if I want jackass.

now that's class :lmao

Shelly
06-13-2005, 07:17 PM
I am not even going to argue on this subject.

You have to learn how to speak Duckese before you can argue with him. :lol

Marklar MM
06-13-2005, 07:18 PM
You have to learn how to speak Duckese before you can argue with him. :lol

That is probably true. :pctoss

ducks
06-13-2005, 07:19 PM
do you not realize whoever wins this
WINS IT ALL
IF FANS GET INTO THE GAME TO HELP THE SPURS OUT AND IF THEY HAVE A MIND TO BOO THE JERKS THAT STAND IN THE WAY THEY HAVE THAT RIGHT

ducks
06-13-2005, 07:20 PM
would you rather they yell spurs will own your asses?(instead of booing them)

gospursgojas
06-13-2005, 07:22 PM

Yeah I was about to say it gets worse than booing in Detroit

Mac66
06-13-2005, 07:30 PM
What???
that is ridiculous. I can tell you were probably one of the booing morons in there.
Acting like low-life thugs does not help out. Do the Spurs even act like that?? No! They don't talk trash (like a lot of you wannabes and "jack-asses" on this thread) and they have respect for their opponents. That how true champs behave. The Spurs obviously feed off positive energy, not negative.

(this is directed at the Duck person who suggested booing was helping out)

gospursgojas
06-13-2005, 07:33 PM
What???
that is ridiculous. I can tell you were probably one of the booing morons in there.
Acting like low-life thugs does not help out. Do the Spurs even act like that?? No! They don't talk trash (like a lot of you wannabes and "jack-asses" on this thread) and they have respect for their opponents. That how true champs behave. The Spurs obviously feed off positive energy, not negative.

Ok so next time Spurs fans at the SBC...all 19000 of you all, sit there quietly like good children while all of the Spurs opponents are being abounced... :rolleyes

maxpower
06-13-2005, 07:34 PM
Since when did it become classless to boo the opposing team?

SouthernFried
06-13-2005, 07:36 PM
I had season tickets for several years to. I don't remember booing teams when they walked in. Polite applause.

The booing doesn't bother me tho...it's more a sign of the times than anything else. Class is something that has been lost somewhere along the way...

mookie2001
06-13-2005, 07:43 PM
uhh
id say booing has been around since the days of gladiators, if spurs fans didnt boo sometimes, it would look pretty lame
anyway tickets do cost a chode and a half, so if i want to boo, i'll boo

timvp
06-13-2005, 07:43 PM
I haven't checked his IP, but I think it's pretty safe to say that Mac66 isn't from Philadelphia.

Solid D
06-13-2005, 07:51 PM
I've even heard that San Antonio fans have fallen prey to balloon waving during FTs for the opposing team instead of the courteous quiet (with the sound of Ssshhhh) as prescribed in the original basketball rulebook. It used to be a technical foul for unsportsmanlike conduct with excessive rowdiness and discourtesy while shooting the free shot. This country is going south in a handbasket. Tsk, Tsk.

Mac66
06-13-2005, 07:55 PM
Why do you need to check my IP? That has a weird stalking-like vibe to it.
I'm from SA, but live on the East Coast and I don't feel I need to give up more info than that.

The point I was trying to make is that this kind of conduct is not right in San Antonio as we supposedly have a reputation for being a friendly city and fans USED TO show at least some dignity. As I said, we ARE NOT Detroit....likewise, we are not Philadelphia or Boston or LA or any of the cities that are known to have a lot of lowlifes in their fan base. So much for southern hospitality.

angel_luv
06-13-2005, 07:56 PM
As an avid spurs lover, I was pretty disgusted by the bad manners shown by Spurs fans during the introductions of the Pistons line-up. Booing the visiting team during introductions is pathetic and conduct unbecoming a spurs fan. It's what LOSERS with no class whatsoever do!.

You've got to be kidding! ( cough, cough, crazy!)

I suppose you would also like us to applaud when the opposing team scores. After all it is only polite!
( Angel rolls eyes!)

atlfan25
06-13-2005, 07:59 PM
So much for southern hospitality.
you're right, when the opposing team we are playing for the nba championship comes to our house, we need to make them feel at home :rolleyes

timvp
06-13-2005, 07:59 PM
I'm from SA, but live on the East Coast and I don't feel I need to give up more info than that.

It was a joke. See: Santa, Booing.

Mac66
06-13-2005, 08:03 PM
You've got to be kidding! ( cough, cough, crazy!)

I suppose you would also like us to applaud when the opposing team scores. After all it is only polite!
( Angel rolls eyes!)

No, you don't need to applaud Coughing, Coughing Eye-roller. (whatever)
But booing during opening intros is really pretty lame and when I used to go the games in the 80s and 90s we just weren't tacky like that.

Kori Ellis
06-13-2005, 08:05 PM
But booing during opening intros is really pretty lame and when I used to go the games in the 80s and 90s we just weren't tacky like that.

I think in the 80's/90's it was much worse. What about the behavior of the Baseline Bums back then, hurling avocados at Larry Brown?

2centsworth
06-13-2005, 08:05 PM

The point I was trying to make is that this kind of conduct is not right in San Antonio as we supposedly have a reputation for being a friendly city and fans USED TO show at least some dignity. As I said, we ARE NOT Detroit....likewise, we are not Philadelphia or Boston or LA or any of the cities that are known to have a lot of lowlifes in their fan base. So much for southern hospitality.
Give me a freakin break, open up the windows in your mother's garage your brain needs oxygen.

Mac66
06-13-2005, 08:07 PM
I think in the 80's/90's it was much worse. What about the behavior of the Baseline Bums back then, hurling avocados at Larry Brown?

the baseline bums could be jerks, but in general the crowd was not obnoxious in the 80s and 90s. In any case, the guacamole incident was in the 70s - before my time.

gospursgojas
06-13-2005, 08:07 PM
Give me a freakin break, open up the windows in your mother's garage your brain needs oxygen.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

ducks
06-13-2005, 08:08 PM

do you watch tv
because stuff on tv is pretty classless

timvp
06-13-2005, 08:08 PM
I've even heard that San Antonio fans have fallen prey to balloon waving during FTs for the opposing team instead of the courteous quiet (with the sound of Ssshhhh) as prescribed in the original basketball rulebook. It used to be a technical foul for unsportsmanlike conduct with excessive rowdiness and discourtesy while shooting the free shot. This country is going south in a handbasket. Tsk, Tsk.

Good thoughts.

Next time I go to a Spurs game, I'm going to cheer on both teams. That way no one gets their feelings hurt. Heck, maybe we can get Stan Kelly to use the same enthusiasm when announcing baskets made by the road team. Better yet, we should petition to get the SBC Center's name changed to the Neutral Location.

Wait, why not just let the opposing team always win? That way they feel good about themselves and every team will want to come to San Antonio. Great, great plan Mac66. You are a genius.

Mac66
06-13-2005, 08:09 PM

My mother died last month, but thanks anyway.

2centsworth
06-13-2005, 08:10 PM
Good thoughts.

Next time I go to a Spurs game, I'm going to cheer on both teams. That way no one gets their feelings hurt. Heck, maybe we can get Stan Kelly to use the same enthusiasm when announcing baskets made by the road team. Better yet, we should petition to get the SBC Center's name changed to the Neutral Location.

Wait, why not just let the opposing team always win? That way they feel good about themselves and every team will want to come to San Antonio. Great, great plan Mac66. You are a genius.

let's ban basketball, we don't want anyone feeling bad about themselves.

atlfan25
06-13-2005, 08:11 PM
does that mean you are not in her garage?

Kori Ellis
let's ban basketball, we don't want anyone feeling bad about themselves.

No need to ban basketball, but I don't think they should keep score. It's bad for the morale of the losing team. :)

2centsworth
oh i feel terrible.http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/jack.gif

2centsworth
06-13-2005, 08:13 PM
does that mean you are not in her garage?
http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

T Park
06-13-2005, 08:13 PM
Good thoughts.

Exactly,

and dont forget, stop giving out the Larry O'Brien trophy, just give out participant ribbons and WE ARE ALL WINNERS!!!!!

These playoffs are such self confidence killers....

Mac66
06-13-2005, 08:14 PM
Good thoughts.

some of you guys are as thick as you are rude. I never suggested applauding the other team, but BOOING the other team before the game has EVEN STARTED is just bad sportsmanship. If the Spurs can display such good sportsmanship, why can't some of you? I know, I know... because your idiotic wannabes who have no class whatsoever.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
06-13-2005, 08:18 PM
It's not lack of sportmanship, it is called home court advantage. The crowd puts pressure on the opposition and the refs. If the opposition shows enough balls to deal with that pressure and keep their game, then they deserve credit. It doesn't happen just with the Spurs, every crowd, at home, tries to get into the mind of the opposition. And that's it.

Mac66
06-13-2005, 08:20 PM
oh i feel terrible.http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/jack.gif

Get used to it. Most A**holes go through life feeling terrible.

atlfan25
06-13-2005, 08:23 PM
some of you guys are as thick as you are rude. I never suggested applauding the other team, but BOOING the other team before the game has EVEN STARTED is just bad sportsmanship. If the Spurs can display such good sportsmanship, why can't some of you? I know, I know... because your idiotic wannabes who have no class whatsoever.
we get it, you are not a fan of booing. have you anything other to say than that? i don't think you are showing much class coming in here insulting spurs fans.

2centsworth
06-13-2005, 08:23 PM
Get used to it. Most A**holes go through life feeling terrible. you're the one trying to use a dead mother for sympathy. What a shame if she's really dead. Anyways please continue to post, the replies have got me dying of laughter.

LilMissSPURfect
06-13-2005, 08:24 PM
weren't both teams introduced infront of the trophy....?

Mac66
06-13-2005, 08:33 PM
you're the one trying to use a dead mother for sympathy. What a shame if she's really dead. Anyways please continue to post, the replies have got me dying of laughter.

you've been marginally amusing yourself, but at this point you're just boring me.

(and please, if you think I would even want sympathy from the freaks on this board, you are quite retarded. but I think that was apparant from your first post.)

maxpower
06-13-2005, 08:36 PM
OP is totally clueless.

Duff McCartney
06-13-2005, 08:37 PM

Only T Park would justify being a shithead with his financial status.

T Park
06-13-2005, 08:43 PM
Only T Park would justify being a shithead with his financial status

only you could quote what I say and not have a clue what I said, but, everyone should be used to that from you the deliquent payer.

I didnt use my financial status at all, I said I pay that much for tickets, nothing about MY status dumbfuck.

Booing does not equal jackass Mrs Jackson.

2centsworth
06-13-2005, 08:44 PM
you've been marginally amusing yourself, but at this point you're just boring me.

(and please, if you think I would even want sympathy from the freaks on this board, you are quite retarded. but I think that was apparant from your first post.)
Then why bring up your alledgedly dead mother? Would she want her memory shared with freaks like us?

Get out of here loser.

Duff McCartney
06-13-2005, 08:48 PM
only you could quote what I say and not have a clue what I said, but, everyone should be used to that from you the deliquent payer.

I didnt use my financial status at all, I said I pay that much for tickets, nothing about MY status dumbfuck.

You said you can boo whoever the fuck you want and the reason you say you can, is because you spend thousands of dollars on the Spurs.

Yeah sure.

Personally I don't care who boos who, but you're stupid for saying you can do it because you spend thousands of dollars on the Spurs.

smeagol
06-13-2005, 08:50 PM
Booing is weak.

Nevertheless,

booing > throughing beer to the players (or chairs)

Mac66
06-13-2005, 08:52 PM

I find it hard to believe that anyone that has 14,214 posts on a messageboard actually has a job, much less spends thousand of dollars on Spurs tickets.

T Park
06-13-2005, 08:53 PM
but you're stupid for saying you can do it because you spend thousands of dollars on the Spurs.

how is that stupid.

Oh right, status jealousy, typical of a person like you.

I apologize......

Booing is weak.

yeah that snapping the fingers thing and whatever else is sooooo much better.....

2centsworth
06-13-2005, 08:54 PM
I find it hard to believe that anyone that has 14,214 posts on a messageboard actually has a job, much less spends thousand of dollars on Spurs tickets.
that's how dumb you are because he must have a lot to be able to post so much.

T Park
06-13-2005, 08:54 PM
I find it hard to believe that anyone that has 14,214 posts on a messageboard actually has a job, much less spends thousand of dollars on Spurs tickets

I own my own business, and by the blessings of god, Its very successfull, and I have had season tickets since 1989.

SO buzz off dope.

2centsworth
06-13-2005, 08:58 PM
I own my own business, and by the blessings of god, Its very successfull, and I have had season tickets since 1989.

SO buzz off dope.
I'm telling you that guy lives in his mother's garage and he tells everyone that she's dead so that everyone will think it's his house.

Duff McCartney
06-13-2005, 08:58 PM
how is that stupid.

Oh right, status jealousy, typical of a person like you.

You wouldn't understand T Park...and it's not jealousy. I don't care that you boo, and I don't care that you spend thousands of dollars on the Spurs. But because you spend thousands of dollars doesn't give you the right to be a douche bag.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-13-2005, 08:59 PM
because your idiotic wannabes who have no class whatsoever.

Fuck you, you fucking fuck. [/Andrew Dice Clay]

sorry, I didn't feel like reading through it all, but the point remains teh same. Get over it. This is professional sports, not first first grade PE.

Mac66
06-13-2005, 09:02 PM

SO buzz off dope.

Sorry, but I think you're act is blown. As anyone who actually does have their own business knows, the more successful your business, the less free time you have. You are obviously just someone without a life if you can spare the time to write over 14,000 messages.

angel_luv
06-13-2005, 09:03 PM
T-Park averages he averages 17 posts a day ( Holy crap!)

But in his defense, T-Park has been a member for over two years. That kind of puts the numbers into perspective.

Vashner
06-13-2005, 09:04 PM
lol thugz...
http://home.satx.rr.com/krograth/images/ownt02.jpg

Leetonidas
06-13-2005, 09:21 PM
Next time I'll be sure to shout "DEEETROOOOOIT BASKEEEETBAAAAL!!" :lol

rr2418
06-13-2005, 09:26 PM

Are you serious? To me, booing a team is just part of being a fan! Calling them or their families a MFer, or throwing object at the players now that's uncalled for. Also, cheering an opposing player when he's injured on the floor? That's really showing no class. But booing? That's nothing!! As for the trophy? How do you know it's not part of ABC's planning? Maybe they came up with the idea!

T Park
06-13-2005, 09:26 PM
he averages 17 posts a day

I guess you couldnt do that after work and when your sitting around with not much else to do.

Of course not.

Whatever.

zedman
06-13-2005, 09:30 PM
Sorry, but I think you're act is blown. As anyone who actually does have their own business knows, the more successful your business, the less free time you have. You are obviously just someone without a life if you can spare the time to write over 14,000 messages.

Mac66, thanks for confirming that I should pay no attention to you. Have a nice day.

P.S. Sorry to hear about your mother.

picnroll
06-13-2005, 09:30 PM
Mac66 have you thought about following tennis or golf? Crowds are much less rowdy there.

Kori Ellis
06-13-2005, 09:34 PM
Mac -- you've averaged 12 posts per day so far today -- so I guess you better slow down (or better yet stop). You wouldn't want anyone accusing you of having no life.

Clandestino
06-13-2005, 09:37 PM
this kid definitely grew up in the "don't keep score era" in children's sports... worst shit i've ever heard of...

this thread also reminds me of "meet the fockers".... "they give out ribbons for 10th place?"

Sense
Heh, alot of people wasted their time arguiing with mac16.

If you are a fan, just do your thing, atleast you know the Pistons fans will.

Summers
weren't both teams introduced infront of the trophy....?

Yes, they were. It was probably an ABC thing, not an SBC thing.

I think it's funny this person came in here to preach to us about being polite classy and managed to insult pretty much every single one of us. Good job! I have always wanted to use this emoticon:

:stfu

picnroll
06-13-2005, 09:43 PM
Hey I have an idea for a new intro song.

Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya

Someone's singing Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbayah

Someone's laughing, Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya

Someone's crying, Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya

Someone's praying, Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya

Someone's sleeping, Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya

Tek_XX
06-13-2005, 09:50 PM
I'm sorry but i don't want to be associated with any fan base that wouldn't boo a visiting team. That would totally lame to give polite applause. At least we don't try to fight the players like some ghetto fans.

Willinsa
06-13-2005, 09:51 PM

I bet you are the kind of person who at a game tells the person in front of you to sit down if they are standing. I was at the game last night and this guy in my section told a girl in front of him to sit down, what a freakin LOSER. The girl (Who was kind of hot) was jumping up and down a lot :drunk
and was cheering on her Spurs and some puss tells her to sit. That really pissed me off.

Leetonidas
06-13-2005, 09:54 PM
Mac -- you've averaged 12 posts per day so far today -- so I guess you better slow down (or better yet stop). You wouldn't want anyone accusing you of having no life.

:owned

bdubya
06-13-2005, 09:59 PM
As an avid spurs lover, I was pretty disgusted by the bad manners shown by Spurs....... pathetic...no class whatsoever .... the totally ridiculous pre-game show/circus, the tacky, tacky, TACKY, trophy replica the Spurs stood in front of during intros (uggh..that was soooo gaudy. someone please fire the SBC genius who came up with that),

I simply could NOT agree more; the utter lack of taste and sophistication on display simply HURTS MY EYES. The Trophy replica could at LEAST have a reasonably reflective finish on it - is craftsmanship dead in the league, or are we having trouble finding decent help these days? (lord knows I am, but don't get me started....). As for the signs your fans are holding up? Two words, dearies: GRAPHIC DESIGN - study it for a few years and get back to me. And while we're on the subject, we simply MUST have a chat about those road uniforms. Silver and black? PuhLEEEZE, shoot me before the 80s come back full force and we're all wearing skinny leather ties again. We're at WAR, people; something in understated earth tones would really be more apropros, wouldn't you say? And as for the numbers you're putting on the scoreboard? I'll be blunt: it's a tragic display of nouveau riche, arriviste, gaudy, over-the-top excess. At least ONE team understands the beauty of understatement, and has the grace to keep the numbers toned down.....

Spurminator
06-13-2005, 10:09 PM
I think "MVP" chants show too much partiality. We should chant "MVP" whenever ANYONE is taking free throws, be they Spurs or the opponent.

Willinsa
06-13-2005, 10:11 PM
I think "MVP" chants show too much partiality. We should chant "MVP" whenever ANYONE is taking free throws, be they Spurs or the opponent.

People who chant MVP are fucking idiots. :lol

angel_luv
06-13-2005, 10:16 PM
QUOTE=Mac66]As an avid spurs lover, I was pretty disgusted by the bad manners shown by Spurs fans...no class whatsoever( Quote)

I simply could NOT agree more; the utter lack of taste and sophistication on display simply HURTS MY EYES...

[QUOTE=bdubya]...We're at WAR, people; ....

.... you say that and demand we mind our manners and show no hostility.

Get a life! You can't have it both ways.

At least ONE team understands the beauty of understatement, and has the grace to keep the numbers toned down.....

Yeah, the Pistons are fantastic losers!

picnroll
06-13-2005, 10:17 PM
Speaking of chanting fans should have chanted DPY when Bruce was at the line in honor of Ben.

tw05baller
06-13-2005, 10:20 PM

oww, getting called a freak and retarded, that must of hurt.

seriuosly, i used those insults in 5th grade :owned :idiot :stfu

ZStomp
06-13-2005, 10:22 PM

Hello..it was the NBA..not the Spurs ..duh

Shelly
06-13-2005, 10:27 PM
I was booing with the best of them and I was sitting next to some Piston fans (the woman I was sitting next to has a son that works for the Pistons). However, she and I had a pleasant conversation and I wished her team good luck in the upcoming games.

Wait. Now I'm confused. Was that "reel classey" of me?

JustSpurs
06-13-2005, 10:47 PM
Maybe I just went to the wrong/right games even back in the arena days. I always heard boos for opposing teams even back then. There's nothing wrong with it....it's not like we are throwing beers or anything....

mouse
06-13-2005, 10:55 PM

He lives on the East coast, That might night be a good idea :lmao

samikeyp
06-13-2005, 11:03 PM
If the worst things Spurs fans do is boo...I will take it. Rather that than racial slurs, profanity around small kids and throwing things. Its not a tennis match, bro.

Summers
06-13-2005, 11:08 PM
QUOTE=Mac66]As an avid spurs lover, I was pretty disgusted by the bad manners shown by Spurs fans...no class whatsoever( Quote)

.... you say that and demand we mind our manners and show no hostility.

Get a life! You can't have it both ways.

Yeah, the Pistons are fantastic losers!

I think bdubya was being sarcastic... I thought it was funny. Props to the Pistons fan for helping us make fun of the hypocrite. :)

angel_luv
06-13-2005, 11:19 PM
I think bdubya was being sarcastic... I thought it was funny. Props to the Pistons fan for helping us make fun of the hypocrite. :)

You really think so?

Sonia_TX
06-13-2005, 11:24 PM

Did you see the part where Carlos Arroyo got injured and Spurs fans cheered when he got up and was taken over to his bench? is that Classless too? I didn't think so. I think Spurs fans are one of the classiest in the league...we didn't clap when arroyo went down and didn't boo when he got up. That's the diffference between us and others. And the funeral music is ALWAYS played during Spurs games.

mouse
06-13-2005, 11:42 PM
The topic starter does have a point. It would be nice to show the rest of the NBA world watching on National Tv , that San Antonio does not hate any NBA team .

And It would be refreshing one day to go to a game,and everyone sit back and enjoy the game ,without making it a Jerry Springer show. Unfortunately we live in a very strange and sick world.

And thanks to Al Gore we can all share our views from the comfort of our homes, no matter who disagrees with us.

Rack the Topic starter .

he at least got you to respond and in the process may have got a Goat or two. :lmao

This person could very well be the next
http://www.boomspeed.com/woaimouse/911-sucks.jpg of spurs Talk. :smokin

Marcus Bryant
06-13-2005, 11:50 PM
Not booing the visiting team left San Antonio de Bexar about the same time THE PINK and Mac66 did.

http://www.photofile.com/Photos/Albums/NBA_Team_Logos_Album/images/Spurs_Logo_JPG.jpg

R.I.P. THE PINK

SpursChampsIII
06-14-2005, 12:30 AM

Suggestion: Keep your Yankee ass on the East coast and be the kind of fan you want to be. 1,000 fans booing Detroit players we don't care about does make the whole San Antonio fan base classless. Some people bitch about anything...I bet if you won the lottery, you would bitch that the payout was in $1.00 increments.

Dan Rather
06-14-2005, 12:54 AM
Is there any truth to this topic?

I want to make sure , before I report on it...

GopherSA
06-14-2005, 01:36 AM

If anyone wants to hurl avocados at me...wait...OK...I NOW AM HOLDING A BUSHEL BASKET...please go right ahead.

Avocados are expensive, but delicious.

SpursWoman
06-14-2005, 05:59 AM
No need to ban basketball, but I don't think they should keep score. It's bad for the morale of the losing team. :)

:lmao :lmao :lmao

SpursWoman
06-14-2005, 06:07 AM
I simply could NOT agree more; the utter lack of taste and sophistication on display simply HURTS MY EYES. The Trophy replica could at LEAST have a reasonably reflective finish on it - is craftsmanship dead in the league, or are we having trouble finding decent help these days? (lord knows I am, but don't get me started....). As for the signs your fans are holding up? Two words, dearies: GRAPHIC DESIGN - study it for a few years and get back to me. And while we're on the subject, we simply MUST have a chat about those road uniforms. Silver and black? PuhLEEEZE, shoot me before the 80s come back full force and we're all wearing skinny leather ties again. We're at WAR, people; something in understated earth tones would really be more apropros, wouldn't you say? And as for the numbers you're putting on the scoreboard? I'll be blunt: it's a tragic display of nouveau riche, arriviste, gaudy, over-the-top excess. At least ONE team understands the beauty of understatement, and has the grace to keep the numbers toned down.....

:lol :lol

nbascribe
06-14-2005, 06:41 AM
Mac66...are you fugging kidding me? Don't boo the opposing team? And you call yourself a former season ticket holder!!!

I'm beginning to question whether or not you are a Spurs fana. By the way that trophy was by BOTH teams. You got a problem with it, talk to David Stern and the marketing gurus.

You cannot ask anyone who is cheering for their team to have 'golf like' manners; it just ain't happening in this series.

Taco
06-14-2005, 07:25 AM
Et tu Troll?

Slomo
06-14-2005, 07:37 AM
Good thoughts.

Wait, why not just let the opposing team always win? That way they feel good about themselves and every team will want to come to San Antonio. Great, great plan Mac66. You are a genius. LJ you are totally off base here. Don't you realize that your proposed line of action will evidently lead to hurt the feelings of one of the teams?

The solution is so obvious and logical that I'm surprised nobody in the US has thought of it: Just stop keeping score! Let them play for fun and let's give both team at the end the exact same rings.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smispin.gif

Edit: Kori beat me to it! That'll teach me not to read the whole thing before replying.

travis2
06-14-2005, 07:38 AM
You really think so?
Positive. :)

HULKAROCK
06-14-2005, 08:07 AM
Positive. :)

Not knowing about the Spurs fans prior to this Finals, I have come to find out that this seems to be the common theme there. Loud, Obnoxious, six shooters, chap wearing, cactus slinging, barn burning, hay whipping snake biters..

samikeyp
06-14-2005, 08:09 AM
Not knowing about the Spurs fans prior to this Finals,

you obviously still don't.

Extra Stout
06-14-2005, 08:50 AM
Mac66 has a point. While we're at it, how rude is it of Spurs fans to start cheering when something bad happens to the other team, like a turnover, a missed shot, or a basket scored against them? Schadenfreude is not very becoming. If we were decent and classy people, we would show sympathy for their plight and encourage them to do better.

In addition, why must fans make so much noise when the visiting team is trying to work? I would find it very rude if all my co-workers were screaming at the top of their lungs while I was trying to get something done.

All this is very unseemly. A fan with manners would give a light, polite clap to the achievements of both teams, with the occasional "Cheerio!" or "Good show, old chap!" mixed in.

MadDog73
06-14-2005, 09:00 AM
Not knowing about the Spurs fans prior to this Finals, I have come to find out that this seems to be the common theme there. Loud, Obnoxious, six shooters, chap wearing, cactus slinging, barn burning, hay whipping snake biters..

Hey, I don't wear chaps! I leave that to the Silver Dancers! :lol

ZStomp
06-14-2005, 08:13 PM

Well, well, look at what the Pistons have on their court...the [i]trophy replica the Spurs stood in front of during intros[/b]

:rolleyes

That wasn't the Spurs idea...:lol

dcole50
06-14-2005, 09:35 PM
and they booed us. how dare they! ;)

SpursChampsIII
06-16-2005, 11:23 AM

And you are fat, beer drinking, potato chip eating, bowling lover, Canadians. Why we let you claim the US as your home, we'll never know.

WayDowntownBang
06-16-2005, 11:30 AM
And you are fat, beer drinking, potato chip eating, bowling lover, Canadians. Why we let you claim the US as your home, we'll never know.

Hey now.. I may be fat, I may drink beer and eat potato chips, and I may even like to bowl a few frames.. but, I am *NOT* Canadian. That's just cold.

Rematch+Repeat=Revenge
06-16-2005, 11:32 AM

I think you meant to say "curling lover" if you're actually talking about Canadians, but I applaud your effort to find something else to chastise about Detroit fans other than throwing things and bomb threats. Imagination is key.
I believe HULK may be posting tongue-in-cheek, though.

Bdubya : ROTFLMAO. Bravo.

PS What's wrong with beer?

MiNuS
06-16-2005, 11:32 AM
give class where class has been given. Otherwise don't even invite me.

samikeyp
06-16-2005, 11:43 AM

ok...I don't drink beer (anymore) and I am not Canadian.....everything else applies! Where does that leave me? :lol

nkdlunch
06-16-2005, 11:45 AM

:wtf
might as well call him an air-breathing, shit-taking, food-eating Canadian. :rolleyes

SpursChampsIII
06-16-2005, 11:51 AM
Hey now.. I may be fat, I may drink beer and eat potato chips, and I may even like to bowl a few frames.. but, I am *NOT* Canadian. That's just cold.

:lol :lol :lol

SpursWoman
06-16-2005, 11:57 AM

:lmao :lmao

spurschick
06-16-2005, 12:02 PM
From a different angle...
Manu was getting booed a lot in Denver and he actually got a kick out of it. He realized that the louder the fans booed, the more he knew he was doing something right to shut down their team. I'm sure that most players feel the same when they get on the opponents' court.

MadDog73
06-16-2005, 12:03 PM
This is funny, a San Antonian calling another city fat! :lol

Anywho, I think this topic is dead as a doornail, but "booing" is actually respect for the opposing team.

The worst thing to meet you in an arena is silence. That means the fans don't give two craps about you.

slayermin
06-16-2005, 01:44 PM
I would boo them, mercilessly.

From the games I attended in SA during the 90's, I remember booing the Lakers, the Jazz, the Rockets, the Suns, the Blazers, and the Magic when Shaq was there. I booed them when they got introduced, when they entered the game, when they left the game, when they got a towel, when they got gatorade...etc.

chantilly_82
06-16-2005, 02:48 PM
I remember once while I was on a dance team we were not allowed to boo at the opposing team. Now that it is over and I am a regular fan I have quite a lot of repressed boos itching to get out.
And so help me God I will boo when I want, where I want, and as much as I want. If you don't like the booing then don't go to the games or better yet don't watch.
One more thing that really bothers me is that you said that you told your friends how great San Antonio people were. What happened during the game? Did they boo you and you got your feelings hurt when we didn't live up to YOUR perfect expectations? Why are you trying to show off to other people anyways? Do you need other people's approval?
It seems like you have some sort of complex.....
Instead of posting all of your anger, frustration and insecurity here on the forum you should go get that complex checked out.

pache100
06-16-2005, 02:59 PM
[QUOTE=Summers]Yes, they were. It was probably an ABC thing, not an SBC thing.

Exactly. It was ABC and the NBA, same with the opening entertainment - network and league choices. Had nothing to do with the Spurs nor the SBC Center. I have nothing against Will Smith (although I think he's a better actor than singer), but if it had been the Spurs' and SBC Center choice, I'm sure the talent would have been local (good grief, George was at the game!).

pache100
06-16-2005, 03:15 PM
From a different angle...
Manu was getting booed a lot in Denver and he actually got a kick out of it. He realized that the louder the fans booed, the more he knew he was doing something right to shut down their team. I'm sure that most players feel the same when they get on the opponents' court.

Exactly. Booing is a compliment (although back-handed), no matter who's doing the booing or who's getting it. It indicates respect and a certain amount of fear. No matter who.

Carie
06-16-2005, 04:44 PM
Hey, I don't wear chaps! I leave that to the Silver Dancers!

That is my husband's favorite part of the evening :LOL