PDA

View Full Version : France beat Italy 91-84 - TP injured...

Pauleta14
09-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Tony didn't play the 4th quarter and seems to have injured his left thigh, let's hope it's not too bad (the game just ended, some news are expected later tonight I think). :bang

France NT is qualified for the next round. :ihit

Lincoln
09-04-2011, 12:49 PM
Lolololololololol

ElNono
09-04-2011, 01:03 PM
France played like shit, and so did Tony. I watched the 2nd half and they were real close to losing to Bustnami and co.

Bruno
09-04-2011, 01:24 PM
It's just a bruise. Nothing serious.

ElNono
09-04-2011, 01:25 PM
France closed the game down without Noah or Tony. They did a good job at that.

Bruno
09-04-2011, 01:36 PM
And if Bargnani played with intensity, he would be as good as Dirk.

TDMVPDPOY
09-04-2011, 03:13 PM

no cause his italian

therefor the conclusion is

LOL ITALY

Jodelo
09-04-2011, 03:47 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

DPG21920
09-04-2011, 04:38 PM
Haven't been able to watch France at all this Summer but has Noah solved a lot of their problems and how is he fitting in?

Pauleta14
09-04-2011, 05:01 PM
Haven't been able to watch France at all this Summer but has Noah solved a lot of their problems and how is he fitting in?

He gives a huge interior presence (whitch France has always "lacked"), energy, intencity, but he's still very "raw" offensively (but great FT %!) and learning the international BB.

But he's by far the best big we've ever had IMO, he's still a work in progress, but he's smart, humble and seems to be very well accepted/intergrated by the group.

DPG21920
09-04-2011, 06:16 PM
Thanks, Pauleta

dbreiden83080
09-04-2011, 07:04 PM
Healthy Tony isn't that great anymore anyway.. We all saw how awful he played against Memphis..

lefty
09-04-2011, 07:49 PM
LOL Italy

Venti Quattro
09-04-2011, 11:34 PM

:lmao :lol :lmao :lol :lmao

That's worse than a lefty one liner. That's telling how bad your joke is.

:rollin :lmao:rollin :lmao :rollin

spurs1990
09-04-2011, 11:42 PM
yay meaningless scrub action

hopefully he'll heal in time for the 12-13 season

+1

greedy ahole players will not cave in until it's too late.

See you in October 2012 NBA.

Spursfan092120
09-05-2011, 12:41 AM
It's just a bruise. Nothing serious.

DMC
09-05-2011, 01:51 AM
+1

greedy ahole players will not cave in until it's too late.

See you in October 2012 NBA.

Eh? Haven't seen many owners in the soup lines.

spurs1990
09-05-2011, 02:15 AM
Eh? Haven't seen many owners in the soup lines.

Yes, that was poorly put by me out of frustration. But I believe the onus falls upon the players and here's why.

1) The owners made their money in other vocations, way before they were even involved with an NBA franchise. They're wealth is irrelevant. This factor is especially glaring since a cancelled season is proporationately more detrimental to the players. Thus the ball is the latter party's court.

2) The players are paid because of their value to the sports viewing/patronizing public. If they antagonize that faction, which they are doing, their financial bottom line is affected. They seem to oblivious to that dynamic. See baseball circa mid 1990's.

3) The compensation system is broken when you look at the list of highest paid players. Their should be a significant gap between the Bryant/James/Notwiski/Wade/Durant tier and the rest, but that's not remotely the case. The guaranteed contracts need to reevaluated.

Lastly as a Spurs fan I'm still bothered by the last lockout and its everlasting linkage to the team's first championship. Now you throw in another disruption in just 13 years...in this economic environment....in this age of unending leisurely diversions. WTF is the brain trust thinking?

If following the exploits of the Spurs' and other teams' members in their oversea excursions is what's supposed to hold us over, count me out. See you in 2012.

will_spurs
09-05-2011, 05:11 AM
He gives a huge interior presence (whitch France has always "lacked"), energy, intencity, but he's still very "raw" offensively (but great FT %!) and learning the international BB.

But he's by far the best big we've ever had IMO, he's still a work in progress, but he's smart, humble and seems to be very well accepted/intergrated by the group.

Noah certainly helps, but I'm actually quite impressed with the other bigs (Traoré, Piétrus) who are also playing at a very good level right now.

The biggest disappointment must be De Colo right now (bad news for the Spurs), this guy looked very promising a couple of years ago, both with his club and with the NT, and right now he plays like a scrub. It seems like he can't even do one thing right on the court: terrible ball-handling, bad passes, no scoring... Really weird.

Another disappointment for me is Albicy, who is maybe trying too hard, but this guy just has way too many TOs, it's incredible.

I much prefer when Tchicamboud is on the floor, he seems to protect the ball better, goes for simple but efficient plays, can score (including the 3).

romain.star
09-05-2011, 05:18 AM
:lmao :lol :lmao :lol :lmao

That's worse than a lefty one liner. That's telling how bad your joke is.

:rollin :lmao:rollin :lmao :rollin

Bargani is a poor man version of Dirk.

But year after year, the poor man saves more and more money.

Pauleta14
09-05-2011, 07:21 AM
Noah certainly helps, but I'm actually quite impressed with the other bigs (Traoré, Piétrus) who are also playing at a very good level right now.

The problem with those 2 is that Traoré is good offensively but TERRIBLE defensively (Bonner looks great compared to him!) and Pietrus is great defensively in term of intensity and perimeter D, but really too small and not reliable offensively...

So whitch one do you play? they are both "1/2 of a great player... :lol

mathbzh
09-05-2011, 07:31 AM
The problem with those 2 is that Traoré is good offensively but TERRIBLE defensively (Bonner looks great compared to him!) and Pietrus is great defensively in term of intensity and perimeter D, but really too small and not reliable offensively...

So whitch one do you play? they are both "1/2 of a great player... :lol

Pietrus when you need to slow down Dirk or Bargnani, Traoré when you need a scoring burst off the bench. I think they are very complementary players and that Collet knows when to use them.

Pauleta14
09-05-2011, 07:43 AM
I agree, but I meant that you ALWAYS have a weakness that potentialy can hurt the team...

Still better than nothing but I'm always worried with them.

temujin
09-05-2011, 08:13 AM
Bargnani is a poor man version of Bonner, not Dirk.

I thought Bonner is extreeeeeeeeemely smart by stealing >10 millions to the Spurs.

So Bargnani must very smart by stealing $55 millions to Toronto.

On a side note, while featuring the best national team ever, France has ZERO chance to win.

Yet again.

ZERU tituli.

Mel_13
09-05-2011, 08:56 AM

I thought Bonner is extreeeeeeeeemely smart by stealing >10 millions to the Spurs.

:lol

So true. Hard to believe that some self-proclaimed San Antonio fans think it would be a good idea to trade Tony for such a vastly overpaid underachiever.

Cane
09-05-2011, 10:15 AM
Healthy Tony isn't that great anymore anyway.. We all saw how awful he played against Memphis..

:lol

:depressed

romain.star
09-05-2011, 10:16 AM

On a side note, while featuring the best national team ever, France has ZERO chance to win.

Yet again.

ZERU tituli.

Clearly, you have not watched one Toronta/Italia game over the last 2 years.
Bargnani's 2.13 m and his offensive range is good. It is reeeeaaaally good (though he is at best garbage on defense). He'd be a great 2nd/3rd option for any contending team in the NBA

As for France chances in Lithuania, i'd say 15%.

temujin
09-05-2011, 10:48 AM
Clearly, you have not watched one Toronta/Italia game over the last 2 years.
Bargnani's 2.13 m and his offensive range is good. It is reeeeaaaally good (though he is at best garbage on defense). He'd be a great 2nd/3rd option for any contending team in the NBA

As for France chances in Lithuania, i'd say 15%.

Clearly,

I have had my share of Rattors games, not to mention Italy's.
Bargnani is making 55 milions simply because Toronto's GM was italian, and featuring in a city with 20% of the population having an italian passport.
Some sort of local "hero".
No interest in winning whatsoever.

As you were writing, Bargnani has brought the term "loser" to new unprecedented levels.

temujin
09-05-2011, 10:57 AM
All Germany had to do to beat Italy was isolate Kaman (Chris K A M A N) in the post in final 5', against Bargnani.
Basket, basket, foul-2FTs, basket.
At the other hand, sdeng from 15 feet, sdeng from 30 feet.
Game over.

Kaman 17 rebounds, Bargnani (3-14 shooting) 5.

No thanks.

tenbeersbold
09-05-2011, 11:05 AM
Please get the NBA up and running cause after watching a few FIBA games all I can say is UGGGH.

Talk about some scrub ball,its like watching junior high kids compared to the NBA.

FIBA makes me turn off the tv

YES,its that BAD

ForeignFan
09-05-2011, 01:07 PM
TP will play tonight vs Serbia (as well as Gelabale)

romain.star
09-05-2011, 01:52 PM
Clearly,

I have had my share of Rattors games, not to mention Italy's.
Bargnani is making 55 milions simply because Toronto's GM was italian, and featuring in a city with 20% of the population having an italian passport.
Some sort of local "hero".
No interest in winning whatsoever.

As you were writing, Bargnani has brought the term "loser" to new unprecedented levels.

I'm not arguing about the 55 millions $... The guy is overpaid. No doubt...

All I say is that a 2.13m guy with a great J can be valuable. He can't and won't lead a winning team in the NBA (garbage D, no leadership) but he'd be a great 2nd/3rd option.

ChuckD
09-05-2011, 03:19 PM
I'm not arguing about the 55 millions $... The guy is overpaid. No doubt...

All I say is that a 2.13m guy with a great J can be valuable. He can't and won't lead a winning team in the NBA (garbage D, no leadership) but he'd be a great 2nd/3rd option.

Unfortunately, paying a 2/3 option like a franchise guy will kill anyone's cap. He's only about 3 inches taller than Bonner, who has a better J, rebounds about the same, and makes about 1/3 of the money.

will_spurs
09-06-2011, 04:54 AM
Please get the NBA up and running cause after watching a few FIBA games all I can say is UGGGH.

All the games I've watched so far were pretty good, at least the fact that one team has to win makes it a nail-biter, not like 7-games playoffs series. The intensity right now in the 4th quarter of pretty much all games (featuring decent teams) is higher than the intensity of any NBA game except a few in the playoffs.

That, and you should watch Charlotte @ Toronto more often. Or maybe Minnesota @ NJN.

mathbzh
09-06-2011, 11:23 AM
All the games I've watched so far were pretty good, at least the fact that one team has to win makes it a nail-biter, not like 7-games playoffs series. The intensity right now in the 4th quarter of pretty much all games (featuring decent teams) is higher than the intensity of any NBA game except a few in the playoffs.

That, and you should watch Charlotte @ Toronto more often. Or maybe Minnesota @ NJN.

I just heard a Noah saying something like (I feel he is sincere)

I realise there is a lot of players I didn't know who are technicians... it is beautiful to see...
Teodosic (he didn't knew his name)... the PG... It is high level... almost Jason Kidd or Steve Nash maybe not as fast but his passing and court vision is something you have to respect and that I didn't know. He is really a great player. Even there systems... you don't see that in the NBA... it's a thing of beauty... I am happy we won now I say it is beautiful but during the game it is a pain in the ass... It is true there is a lot of player I didn't know... you say Fuck!!! They are the best player in the world

I think it illustrates well what you said.

Now, I am not implying European BB is better than the NBA (The top players and best teams are still in the NBA) but calling calling European BB "scrub ball" is retarded at best.

rmt
09-06-2011, 11:45 AM

No doubt about that - Bonner is extremely smart. He must be - to convince Popovich to continue playing his choking *** in the playoffs & sign him for 4 more years.

TDMVPDPOY
09-06-2011, 12:57 PM
No doubt about that - Bonner is extremely smart. He must be - to convince Popovich to continue playing his choking *** in the playoffs & sign him for 4 more years.

you also forgot bonner, is also the clown sittin at the negotion table for the players in this cba talk atm

will_spurs
09-06-2011, 01:09 PM
Now, I am not implying European BB is better than the NBA (The top players and best teams are still in the NBA) but calling calling European BB "scrub ball" is retarded at best.

As Noah mentions, these players are "technicians". NBA is all about freak athleticism first and foremost, and basketball second. That's why Timmy is the Big Fundamental, and most of the other guys don't actually know how to play basketball, they simply power through it. Any European prospect is going to "beef up" (or is it "juice up"?) a lot when moving to the NBA, because strength a lot more important than in FIBA games. Different rules, different games, different skill set.

hater
09-06-2011, 01:14 PM
LOL Italy