PDA

View Full Version : OU's sole focus now on joining Pac-12

Blake
09-04-2011, 03:54 PM
University of Oklahoma sources are indicating the school's focus is squarely on joining the Pac-12. By nature of Oklahoma State president Burns Hargis' comments Saturday, it would seem OSU is also focused on the Pac-12 ......

and that the Big 12 options of Brigham Young, TCU and Air Force don't excite OU.

Read more: http://newsok.com/ous-sole-focus-now-on-joining-pac-12/article/3601037#ixzz1X1GJ2eDf

ChumpDumper
09-04-2011, 04:10 PM
If UT can somehow keep some money from LHN, they'll move.

Kermit
09-04-2011, 04:51 PM
Yup. And now Chip Brown is rumor mongering that the Texas lege is getting involved.

rjv
09-05-2011, 09:11 AM
sips have the LHN network to worry about-okie and okie state will probably bolt. tech and baylor will go with whoever will take them.

Blake
09-05-2011, 10:18 AM
sips have the LHN network to worry about-okie and okie state will probably bolt. tech and baylor will go with whoever will take them.

Word is that the lhn can be turned into some kind of regional network

rjv
09-05-2011, 10:30 AM
Word is that the lhn can be turned into some kind of regional network

it would have to be due to the way the pac 12 is set up. there are 3 current regions and so a 4th i suppose would include texas and the 2 okie schools.

what is the buzz coming out of lubbock ? i really have no idea where they may decide to go. but if the 2 oklahoma schools bail soon then the remaining texas schools will have to start following soon i assume.

Blake
09-05-2011, 10:48 AM
it would have to be due to the way the pac 12 is set up. there are 3 current regions and so a 4th i suppose would include texas and the 2 okie schools.

what is the buzz coming out of lubbock ? i really have no idea where they may decide to go. but if the 2 oklahoma schools bail soon then the remaining texas schools will have to start following soon i assume.

Latest rumor like last year is the two okies, ut and tech going to make the pac16

Kermit
09-05-2011, 11:24 AM

There are six regions. Texas and Oklahoma would be 7 & 8.

pkbpkb81
09-06-2011, 11:28 AM
This should happen,

East would be

OU, osu, ut, ttu, asu, au, cu, utah

West

usc, ucla, cal, stanford, uo, organ state, wash, wash state

Was in Oklahoma over the weekend and on talk radio they were saying mizzou may get the invite instead of ttu to get the stl kc market

The Stoops vs. Stoops game would be fun at least until Mike gets told to get his shine box.

tlongII
09-06-2011, 12:27 PM
It would be great. The West would be the old Pac-8 and the East would be similar to the old Big-8. I would definitely be making roadies to Texas and Oklahoma!

Blake
09-06-2011, 02:38 PM
Was in Oklahoma over the weekend and on talk radio they were saying mizzou may get the invite instead of ttu to get the stl kc market

If mizz was closer it would be a no brainer to invite them instead of tech.

rjv
09-06-2011, 03:41 PM
There are six regions. Texas and Oklahoma would be 7 & 8.

or tech and texas in one and ou and okie state in another

DesignatedT
09-06-2011, 03:42 PM
If Texas decides not to follow OU and the Pokes to PAC12 then things could get interesting on the Tech front. Not sure the Pac would take them without Texas but I also don't know where else Texas would end up. (They have to drop the LHN to join the pac)

pkbpkb81
09-06-2011, 03:48 PM
If Texas decides not to follow OU and the Pokes to PAC12 then things could get interesting on the Tech front. Not sure the Pac would take them without Texas but I also don't know where else Texas would end up. (They have to drop the LHN to join the pac)

acc?

Kermit
09-06-2011, 03:53 PM
or tech and texas in one and ou and okie state in another

Was that not obvious?

DesignatedT
09-06-2011, 03:54 PM
acc?

I just can't see that happening, even if they let them keep the LHN intact. If that were the direction they went, no doubt that Tech would follow though. Tech should be fine riding the coattails of Texas into a conference (even if they dont get a say in which one). They just can't afford for Texas to go Independent which I definitely don't see either.

Kermit
09-06-2011, 03:55 PM
acc?

Want to see Kermit commit seppuku on the internets? Watch Texas join the ACC.

DesignatedT
09-06-2011, 03:57 PM
I'm sure Texas is looking at the Pac and the Big10. Whoever gives them the better deal and least interference regarding the LHN, I could see them joining.. along with Tech. (all this assuming the big12 is done, which it isn't)

pkbpkb81
09-06-2011, 03:59 PM
in his press confrance today Stoops said if OU went the the pac whatever and texas did not he could see it playing out where the 2 teams no longer play, hope it dsent happen that game is great for both teams and the games helps OU get players out of texas.

when texas was in the swc and OU in the Big 8 they still played so we will see

Kermit
09-06-2011, 04:03 PM
I'm sure Texas is looking at the Pac and the Big10. Whoever gives them the better deal and least interference regarding the LHN, I could see them joining.. along with Tech. (all this assuming the big12 is done, which it isn't)

I doubt they're looking at the Big 10. What's funny about the LHN is that most Texas fans (me included) give a rats ass about it. It's fun to brag about and make fun of Aggy insecurities, but 98% of us can't even watch it. It's goddamn reruns of Mack Brown knob slobbering. But the Regents want this $5 million towards academics, and bsd status. My school will fuck up a good thing (PAC 16) to hold onto something that may or may not be the future of collegiate sports (own network). Hopefully once Aggy finalizes this SEC shit, hell will break loose.

Kermit
09-06-2011, 04:05 PM
in his press confrance today Stoops said if OU went the the pac whatever and texas did not he could see it playing out where the 2 teams no longer play, hope it dsent happen that game is great for both teams and the games helps OU get players out of texas.

Good luck with that Bob.

DesignatedT
09-06-2011, 04:05 PM

I call BS on that. OU needs the RRR. They would desperately need to keep a presence in Texas.

Kermit
09-06-2011, 04:07 PM
I call BS on that. OU needs the RRR. They would desperately need to keep a presence in Texas.

Gooner v. Aggy?

DesignatedT
09-06-2011, 04:09 PM
Gooner v. Aggy?

Prob offer Tech before OU.

DesignatedT
09-06-2011, 04:11 PM
Regarding the SEC, The Presidents are meeting today and voting on whether to accept the Aggies request for admission. It should all be official and over with tomorrow.

I don't know if OU thought we would never go through with it or what, but they are just now getting into investigating if they should bolt or not. They will drag this process out for awhile longer.

pkbpkb81
09-06-2011, 04:24 PM

They do but if OU bolts and texas doesn’t they may refuses to play the Sooners

Sisk
09-06-2011, 04:27 PM

I wonder who they'd claim is their rivalry game then...

Rice?

pkbpkb81
09-06-2011, 04:41 PM
I wonder who they'd claim is their rivalry game then...

Rice?

naw they would play utsa in the dome every year lol

OU needs the rrso but if they replace that game with a&m and can beat the ca teams the drop off in recruiting would be minimal imo

Still it would be a shame for that game to go away; it is one of the best if not the best game day atmospheres in all of sports

Sisk
09-06-2011, 05:15 PM
naw they would play utsa in the dome every year lol

:lol

Roadrunners wouldn't know which team to support...

OU needs the rrso but if they replace that game with a&m and can beat the ca teams the drop off in recruiting would be minimal imo

If all this does happen and the ou/texas, A&M/texas rivalries die, I wonder if A&M/OU could be the thanksgiving game? haha.. probably a 1% chance, but who knows..

leemajors
09-06-2011, 05:28 PM

It's definitely the premiere rivalry for UT

pkbpkb81
09-06-2011, 05:32 PM
:
If all this does happen and the ou/texas, A&M/texas rivalries die, I wonder if A&M/OU could be the thanksgiving game? haha.. probably a 1% chance, but who knows..

Not sure but OU would need to keep a present in the state of texas since most of the roster is made up of texas kids each year. Without the texas game the Sooners could still get North texas kids but may have problems pull kids from the east, west, and south hell right now the school has 5 or 6 kids from the sa area without the rrr that may not happen.

pkbpkb81
09-06-2011, 05:32 PM
I just wanna see the Sooners beat the shit out of usc in norman every few years

Sisk
09-06-2011, 06:09 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/15roc39.gif

Sisk
09-06-2011, 08:32 PM
http://infiniteturbo.com/2011/09/06/big-xii-realignment-best-caseworst-case-for-each-team/

Pretty funny best case/worst case for each school

PublicOption
09-07-2011, 07:19 PM
so, is Baylor gonna try and stop them too.

PublicOption
09-07-2011, 07:21 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/15roc39.gif

fucking awesome.