Austin

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/item/Grass-fire-coverage-6117.php

ploto
09-05-2011, 03:37 PM
Photo of Bastrop

http://ow.ly/i/gP3c/original

fraga
09-05-2011, 03:44 PM
I thought Perry was to supposed to have fixed this with his whole praying for rain thingy...thanks a lot asshole...

Drachen
09-05-2011, 04:38 PM
All over--

2 alarm in Stone Oak
Bastrop
Austin

Thank you Ploto, I just found out about this an hour ago. Obviously its a subject that many care about.

ChumpDumper
09-05-2011, 04:39 PM
I don't get m2m's schtick.

CubanMustGo
09-05-2011, 05:11 PM

He's an ignorant troll, what's to get?

JudynTX
09-05-2011, 05:31 PM
It was a truck from SAWS that started it.

San Antonio Fire Chief Charles Hood confirms that they are investigating reports that the truck threw a spark from its catalytic converter that started the fire

fraga
09-05-2011, 05:32 PM
How ironic...a truck from the San Antonio Water System sparked this damn wild fire...

Mulchie
09-05-2011, 05:48 PM
Hope no homes are damaged.

Frenzy
09-05-2011, 05:54 PM
Surprised it wasn't a cig. Other day I was at a light and the lane to the right of me had a yield sign. As the driver slows down he flicks his cig on the the severely dry grass. Real smart dude.

Bender
09-05-2011, 05:59 PM

01]He's an ignorant troll, what's to get?
whether he's a retarded troll, or actually retarded - it's a lose-lose for him.

mrsmaalox
09-05-2011, 06:14 PM

I don't think stupid is a schtick.

mrsmaalox
09-05-2011, 06:15 PM
Still hearing the choppers, but not smelling much smoke anymore---not seeing any either :tu

Spursfan092120
09-05-2011, 06:46 PM
who gives a fuck? homeowners got insurance so the fire is a non issue.

the people who care about these lame ass fires are probaBLY the same idiots who pray for rain cuz they think san antonio is in a drought
fucking morons

A drought (or drouth [archaic]) is an extended period of months or years when a region notes a deficiency in its water supply. How is this not a fucking drought?

The Principal
09-05-2011, 06:48 PM

the people who care about these lame ass fires are probaBLY the same idiots who pray for rain cuz they think san antonio is in a drought
fucking morons

thanks for your thoughts Jigaboo Jones

Spursfan092120
09-05-2011, 06:52 PM
thats like saying its overly hot this summer

its hot every fucking year in san antonio just like its fucking DRY every year

its not a big deal

lol at the morons complaining about their dead grass. who gives a fuck about the lawns lol lol

This is the driest 8 month stretch in Texas history, and the third worst drought in Texas history. This isn't just fucking hot, idiot.

Drachen
09-05-2011, 06:54 PM

fucking morons

I can't wait to see the insurance companies pay to have my grandmother reincarnated (or cloned), so that she may live her life, acquire a piano, use it for many many years, then pay for the research into the science needed to acquire the ability to travel back in time. The insurance companies can then use this technology to send that piano back in time to today so that they can replace the one sitting in my parents' house across the highway in encino park (should the fire jump).

Drachen
09-05-2011, 06:55 PM

its not a big deal

lol at the morons complaining about their dead grass. who gives a fuck about the lawns lol lol

It wasn't dry last year.

Spursfan092120
09-05-2011, 06:56 PM
even with that...

who gives a fuck?

get used to it

you should have seen this coming back in february when it FUCKING SNOWED YOU ASSHOLE!!!

EXTREME WEATHER FTW!!!!!!!!!

NOW STFU CUZ NO ONE CARES BOUT HOT AND DRY

LOL CARING ABOUT WEATHER
LOL

lol not caring about the weather
lol not realizing rain is what gives you food
lol being an ignorant racist asshole

Spursfan092120
09-05-2011, 06:59 PM
:lmao

The bad thing is..you're a troll...actually PRETENDING to be a racist asshole. You're probably a pencil necked pussy who hides in the corner in bars hoping not to be noticed. Someone pretending to be an asshole is worse than someone who actually is. At least they're being themselves. Probably bullied a lot in school and use this troll to lash out at people. It's cool...go on..do your thing.

Drachen
09-05-2011, 07:03 PM
The bad thing is..you're a troll...actually PRETENDING to be a racist asshole. You're probably a pencil necked pussy who hides in the corner in bars hoping not to be noticed. Someone pretending to be an asshole is worse than someone who actually is. At least they're being themselves. Probably bullied a lot in school and use this troll to lash out at people. It's cool...go on..do your thing.

Pobrecito.....

Agloco
09-05-2011, 07:29 PM
All over--

2 alarm in Stone Oak
Bastrop
Austin

We can barely see out here. This much smoke gives me serious sinus issues.

Drachen
09-05-2011, 07:37 PM
We can barely see out here. This much smoke gives me serious sinus issues.

I am sorry for not paying attention, where are ya?

Axe Murderer
09-05-2011, 07:38 PM
Judging by the amount of shit mouse has gotten in this thread so far, i'm completely shocked he hasn't logged in as another one of his retarded trolls to agree with him

benefactor
09-05-2011, 08:23 PM
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/321279_1751547248468_1832516137_1133790_8157841_n. jpg

Things in my neck of the woods are just stupid right now. Fires everywhere.

BlackSwordsMan
09-05-2011, 08:38 PM
San Antonio is always safe from the random bullshit weather Texas goes thru. Yay us.

BlackSwordsMan
09-05-2011, 08:40 PM
except that one flood

MannyIsGod
09-05-2011, 09:18 PM
Man - sad to hear that the woods near Bastrop are burning. Driving down 21 to CS and those woods were the best part. Its gorgeous there. We had our fire season in NM pretty much end but considering the largest fire in state history was just 15 miles from me and we could see the smoke for months (actually I think it may still be burning as there was smoke in that area last week) I know how much this shit sucks.

A lot of the US needs rain pretty damn bad.

PS some of you need to learn to ignore bad trolls.

Spursfan092120
09-05-2011, 09:34 PM
Skyline of Austin with the fires close behind

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/308112_10150299612344693_815359692_7601623_2642075 _n.jpg

ploto
09-05-2011, 09:43 PM
The number of homes destroyed by a fast-moving wildfire in Bastrop County, Texas, southeast of Austin, has risen to 476, according to Bastrop County Judge Ronnie McDonald.

Satellite images Monday showed the fire stretching over about 25,000 acres, jumping the Colorado River and a highway, the Texas Forest Service said.

About 5,000 people have been evacuated from their homes, and more evacuations are likely as the fire spreads, officials said. Hundreds of people are in shelters as dangerous flames keep them from finding out whether their homes survived.

Texas is battling its worst fire season in state history. A record 3.5 million acres - an area roughly the size of Connecticut, according to Texas Gov. Rick Perry - have burned since the start of the season in November as hot and dry weather, coupled with a historic drought, made conditions ripe for rapid fire growth.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/09/05/fierce-texas-wildfire-destroys-300-homes/

ploto
09-05-2011, 09:47 PM
Man - sad to hear that the woods near Bastrop are burning. Driving down 21 to CS and those woods were the best part. Its gorgeous there.

These are from Bastrop State Park: :depressed

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/pb-110905-fires-da-02.photoblog900.jpg

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/pb-110905-fires-da-01.photoblog900.jpg

Spursfan092120
09-05-2011, 10:59 PM
These are from Bastrop State Park: :depressed

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/pb-110905-fires-da-02.photoblog900.jpg

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/pb-110905-fires-da-01.photoblog900.jpg

:wow :depressed

Agloco
09-05-2011, 11:17 PM
I am sorry for not paying attention, where are ya?

I was visiting some friends up near Borgfeld Rd this morning. The smoke on 281 was pretty bad for a stretch.

Agloco
09-05-2011, 11:19 PM
Skyline of Austin with the fires close behind

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/308112_10150299612344693_815359692_7601623_2642075 _n.jpg

Yeah.....this is probably one of the best images out there besides the closeups. Puts things in perspective.

Wild Cobra
09-06-2011, 12:15 AM
Somebody please give that mouse-moose a tampon.

Wild Cobra
09-06-2011, 12:16 AM
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/321279_1751547248468_1832516137_1133790_8157841_n. jpg

Things in my neck of the woods are just stupid right now. Fires everywhere.
That many...

Wonder how many were from cigarettes?

Fpoonsie
09-06-2011, 12:21 AM
Driving down 21 to CS and those woods were the best part. Its gorgeous there.

I love that drive. Wow. Terribly sad.

ChumpDumper
09-06-2011, 12:34 AM

fucking morons

its not a big deal

even with that...

who gives a fuck?

get used to it

you should have seen this coming back in february when it FUCKING SNOWED YOU ASSHOLE!!!

EXTREME WEATHER FTW!!!!!!!!!

NOW STFU CUZ NO ONE CARES BOUT HOT AND DRY

LOL CARING ABOUT WEATHER
LOL

A piano is a piano is a piano
so stfu

encino man

:sleep:sleepYeah, it's still not working tbh.

Dex
09-06-2011, 01:12 AM
The fire in Leander today was three miles from my parent's house. Ashes were raining into their lawn. The neighborhood next to theirs was evacuated, but fortunately things seem to be contained now.

Also have a friend whose parents have already lost their home.

With no rain in sight, it seems like the whole gottamn state is going to burn down.

Tampon
09-06-2011, 06:03 AM
Somebody please give that mouse-moose a tampon.

:flipoff

benefactor
09-06-2011, 06:09 AM
With no rain in sight, it seems like the whole gottamn state is going to burn down.
Sure looks like it...

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q45/gospelrapper/txfires.jpg

Sisk
09-06-2011, 01:32 PM
Man - sad to hear that the woods near Bastrop are burning. Driving down 21 to CS and those woods were the best part. Its gorgeous there.

Agreed.

I'm driving back this weekend. I wonder if I'll be able to drive through Bastrop or have to take another route.. Hopefully they will be able to contain these fires sooner than later.

pkbpkb81
09-06-2011, 02:27 PM
I was on toll 130 and you could see the fire

CubanMustGo
09-06-2011, 03:05 PM
I was on toll 130 and you could see the fire

There was a new one reported just a little while ago in Mustang Ridge, 130 and 45 SE of Austin.

JoeChalupa
09-06-2011, 03:23 PM
I can't even imagine what those who have lost their homes are going through.

robino2001
09-06-2011, 09:48 PM
I know 3 people/families that I'm close with at work who live in Bastrop - all 3 have lost their houses/everything. All three had to evacuate with extremely little notice and essentially got nothing but their lives. Needless to say - pretty sobering.

Then I work relatively close to the Riata fire - my boss lives on across the street from it and had to make a mad dash home to grab the wife/kids/important stuff and get out. Fortunately since it was fairly urban, AFD was able to surround it pretty quickly and get it controlled. Also a little sobering to have the conversation with the wife last night to pack the important stuff "just in case"

Viva Las Espuelas
09-07-2011, 10:28 AM
I'm here in Dallas and you can smell the fire in the air. A real faint smell. Just hard to say which fire we're smelling.

JudynTX
09-07-2011, 10:38 AM
I know 3 people/families that I'm close with at work who live in Bastrop - all 3 have lost their houses/everything. All three had to evacuate with extremely little notice and essentially got nothing but their lives. Needless to say - pretty sobering.

Then I work relatively close to the Riata fire - my boss lives on across the street from it and had to make a mad dash home to grab the wife/kids/important stuff and get out. Fortunately since it was fairly urban, AFD was able to surround it pretty quickly and get it controlled. Also a little sobering to have the conversation with the wife last night to pack the important stuff "just in case"

I'm sorry to hear that.

Help arriving from other states now....good.

cantthinkofanything
09-07-2011, 11:17 AM
I don't care if she didn't HAVE to be there. But she shoulda gone back to Austin.

Austin fire chief out of town as wildfires raged outside city

By Tony Plohetski (http://www.statesman.com/news/local/austin-fire-chief-out-of-town-as-wildfires-1824414.html?service=popup&authorContact=1824414&authorContactField=0)and Patrick George (http://www.statesman.com/news/local/austin-fire-chief-out-of-town-as-wildfires-1824414.html?service=popup&authorContact=1824414&authorContactField=1)

AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF
Updated: 12:01 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 7, 2011

Published: 10:35 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 6, 2011
As fires tore through hundreds of Central Texas homes, Austin officials dispatched nearly 200 of their firefighters to help across the region and issued an urgent request Sunday for 25 off-duty firefighters to report to work.

But Austin Fire Chief Rhoda Mae Kerr stayed in Colorado for a Labor Day weekend golfing trip, leaving subordinates largely in charge of her department's response while keeping in touch by cellphone and email.
Officials said Tuesday that her absence from the disaster did not hamper firefighting efforts, which were coordinated by county departments, and that she remained involved from afar in her department's response.
A top assistant also said that Kerr offered early on to return and that he emphasized to her that the fire was not in the city's immediate territory.
Kerr, who was set to return to work today, said in a telephone interview Tuesday that she did not come home earlier because flames were not in the city.
"All of the fires are not in the city limits of Austin," Kerr said. "If the fires were in the city limits of Austin, that would have been a whole different thing, and I would have made my way back as fast as I could have."
Tuesday afternoon, several fires broke out in two subdivisions near Duval Road in Northwest Austin, but those were put out by evening.
Kerr's decision to stay on vacation has renewed questions among some firefighters — nine of whom reportedly lost their homes in Bastrop County, the hardest-hit area in the unprecedented fires — and from union officials about her leadership.
Kerr has already faced mounting criticism internally that has centered on the department's new hiring process, which has been plagued by a series of setbacks.
Bob Nicks, president of the Austin Firefighters Association, wondered why Kerr could not have ended her trip early and pointed out that Gov. Rick Perry left the presidential campaign trail to return to Texas.
"It's a 100-year event, with fires of this magnitude," Nicks said. "It would be better if the chief was here to at least provide guidance to the citizens" about fire safety.
He added that numerous Austin firefighters cut short their vacations and Labor Day weekend activities to report for duty when the fires worsened Sunday.
But City Manager Marc Ott, Kerr's boss, defended her, saying that it is possible for any city official — himself included — to be on vacation when an emergency strikes.
"In the chief's case, she has very capable assistant chiefs," Ott said.
Even though fires were not in the city until Tuesday, Austin Mayor Lee Leffingwell participated in several news conferences throughout the weekend and issued a news release Tuesday saying that he had visited with residents, elected officials and first responders across the region.
"One thing became evident; whether the home address is in Bastrop, Leander, Pflugerville, Spicewood, Travis County or Austin, we are one community," said Leffingwell, who called on residents to donate goods to victims.
Leffingwell said an in interview that it "would have been ideal" for Kerr to have been involved in the department's response but that "she was very well-represented by her subordinates. I would be reluctant to engage in any direct criticism because I don't have all the details."
The fires, which began Sunday, had destroyed hundreds of homes and charred thousands of acres in Bastrop, Travis and Williamson counties by Tuesday.
Firefighters from county departments coordinated the response, but Austin Assistant Fire Chief Harry Evans served as the city's liaison with the county.
In that role, Evans said he helped figure out how many city crews to send to the fires while ensuring that Austin still had enough firefighters.
"I was in constant contact" with Kerr, he said.

http://www.statesman.com/news/local/austin-fire-chief-out-of-town-as-wildfires-1824414.html

Chomag
09-07-2011, 03:56 PM
I'm at Overlook PKWY in North SA at the Regency APTs and looking out on my balcony I can see a allot of smoke that looks to be getting a little bigger. in the south western direction direction that has been going the past hour. I already reported it and I hope they can get it under control pretty quickly.

Here we go again, stay safe everyone!

mrsmaalox
09-07-2011, 04:11 PM
I'm at Overlook PKWY in North SA at the Regency APTs and looking out on my balcony I can see a allot of smoke that looks to be getting a little bigger. in the south western direction direction that has been going the past hour. I already reported it and I hope they can get it under control pretty quickly.

Here we go again, stay safe everyone!

Yea I just picked up my kid at school and saw that also. Looks like maybe the Camp Bullis fire sparked back up....

Drachen
09-07-2011, 04:38 PM
I am on the 10th story of a building near 10 and callaghan and I can see it... That thing is getting pretty big.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-07-2011, 04:44 PM
Everyone get out the mangerra!!

Does anyone know how exactly they fight these fires? Do they just water it at the source or do they water a bit ahead of the path. I understand the embers and all that but I'd think it'd be more of a proactive approach as opposed to a reactive approach.

2Blonde
09-07-2011, 04:55 PM
They just said they will be cutting power to about 4,000 people in the Fair Oaks Ranch/Leon Springs area during this Camp Bullis fire.

Drachen
since I last posted that column has doubled in thickness! WTF!

mrsmaalox

Does anyone know how exactly they fight these fires? Do they just water it at the source or do they water a bit ahead of the path. I understand the embers and all that but I'd think it'd be more of a proactive approach as opposed to a reactive approach.

They probably handle them depending on the conditions (wind force, proximity to civilization); I know the infamous "Stone Oak Fire of 2011" was allowed to burn itself out and their actions concentrated on preventing the spread by watering the areas around the fire. Then when there were no more active flames they doused the whole thing with water from helicopters.

2Blonde
09-07-2011, 04:56 PM
They also are saying any homes west of Ralph Fair Rd & Elk Deitz need to evacuate immediately.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-07-2011, 05:02 PM
Well yeah, I understand there's many variables for every grass/wildfire but still I'd think a more proactive approach would/should be the norm. That obviously wasn't done at Camp Bullis. Hence the question:D

Viva Las Espuelas
09-07-2011, 05:03 PM
They also are saying any homes west of Ralph Fair Rd & Elk Deitz need to evacuate immediately.

How far would that be from the actual fire?

2Blonde
09-07-2011, 05:05 PM

This liink will explain. http://science.howstuffworks.com/nature/natural-disasters/wildfire.htm

boutons_deux
09-07-2011, 05:05 PM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/slideshows/news/slideshow/Texas-wildfires-30708.php#photo-1

2Blonde
09-07-2011, 05:09 PM
Here is the link to KSAT. They have a banner near the top to look at a live feed.
http://www.ksat.com/news/index.html

mrsmaalox
09-07-2011, 05:10 PM
Well yeah, I understand there's many variables for every grass/wildfire but still I'd think a more proactive approach would/should be the norm. That obviously wasn't done at Camp Bullis. Hence the question:D

No that's exactly how it was done. It's just almost impossible to make 30,000 acres 100% fire proof. Keeping it mowed back and constantly lecturing people about brush fire danger are about the only preventive measures that can be taken really.

2Blonde
09-07-2011, 05:13 PM
One thing that makes the Camp Bullis fire extremely high priority is the possibility of ammunition bunkers at Camp Bullis. For this reason they are fighting it more from the air according to the news.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-07-2011, 05:19 PM
Is the ammo stored horizontally?

2Blonde
09-07-2011, 05:21 PM
No that's exactly how it was done. It's just almost impossible to make 30,000 acres 100% fire proof. Keeping it mowed back and constantly lecturing people about brush fire danger are about the only preventive measures that can be taken really.

I know where we live there is an empty lot between our home & one of our neighbors (they bought 2 lots). Earlier this year they went about chopping down 80% of the trees. They chopped it up, stacked it very neatly & then just friggin left all those piles there for the last 8 months. I just pray a fire isn't started there. If it does, then we're toast. The only fire preventive Texans can hope for is common sense, which is obviously lacking in this case.

2Blonde
09-07-2011, 05:23 PM

:rolleyes
Here's the article. http://www.ksat.com/news/29109916/detail.html

2Blonde
09-07-2011, 05:27 PM
I would imagine it's because the firefighters on the ground can't get too close or they risk being involved in an explosion. I would think choppers can do their job from further away.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-07-2011, 05:36 PM

I guess allllll that depends on what actually started back up again and why.

MannyIsGod
09-07-2011, 05:59 PM

My understanding for what they did around is here is the first order of action is containment. You basically try to build a perimeter the fire cannot spread out of around it and then you can extinguish it.

Here they used a variety of methods to do that from bulldozing and building fire lines as well as burning areas of growth to create zones the larger uncontrolled fire cannot expand through.

The areas that took first priority here were those where homes were directly in danger or buildings of some sort were in danger. They also made efforts to keep our local fires out of watersheds and sacred native lands as much as possible here. For the most part I don't think you see all that much direct fighting on a fire when its raging out of control as the ones in Texas have been over the past few days.

I'm sure this is incomplete but it should give you an idea of how they handle the situation.

MannyIsGod
09-07-2011, 06:05 PM
I'm not sure what the fuel loads are within that brush/forest around Camp Bullis but I can promise you that there's more of it because it hasn't burned in awhile. A large part of the problem stems from the complete eradication of fire over the last century of forest management which has led to an incredible build up of fuel. That is why many places now have prescribed burns but we don't burn nearly enough to make up for what we stop nature from doing.

When fuel is readily available and winds pick up with little humidity in the air then there's only so much you can do. I have no idea what happened at Camp Bullis but given the conditions of the area there's no reason to suspect the firefighters did anything wrong based on it flaring back up.

MannyIsGod
09-07-2011, 06:06 PM
Dupe

leemajors
09-07-2011, 06:23 PM
I'm not sure what the fuel loads are within that brush/forest around Camp Bullis but I can promise you that there's more of it because it hasn't burned in awhile. A large part of the problem stems from the complete eradication of fire over the last century of forest management which has led to an incredible build up of fuel. That is why many places now have prescribed burns but we don't burn nearly enough to make up for what we stop nature from doing.

When fuel is readily available and winds pick up with little humidity in the air then there's only so much you can do. I have no idea what happened at Camp Bullis but given the conditions of the area there's no reason to suspect the firefighters did anything wrong based on it flaring back up.

yup.

mrsmaalox
09-07-2011, 06:38 PM
I just heard on the news that the fires actually flare back up from root to root contact----the fire is put out on the surface but underneath the soil is so hot the roots actually re-ignite and flare up that way! :wow

MannyIsGod
09-07-2011, 06:43 PM
Normally that won't happen...but....

http://icons.wxug.com/hurricane/2011/soil_moisture_sep4.gif

Yeah - well, to say the soil is dry is putting it mildly.

All of you and Rick Perry better sacrifice a goat, pray, or do whatever it is you do for Nate to come up into Texas.

baseline bum
09-07-2011, 06:51 PM
One thing that makes the Camp Bullis fire extremely high priority is the possibility of ammunition bunkers at Camp Bullis. For this reason they are fighting it more from the air according to the news.

Damn, that would be cold to see the choppers working there get shot down by the ammo as the fire creeps in.

Drachen
09-07-2011, 08:05 PM
is it still raging?

Viva Las Espuelas
09-07-2011, 08:09 PM
Damn, that would be cold to see the choppers working there get shot down by the ammo as the fire creeps in.

Nothing to worry about. The ammo is stored horizontally.

Nathan89
09-07-2011, 08:22 PM
aXvtzPJ7CdM&feature=share

Drachen
09-07-2011, 08:26 PM
aXvtzPJ7CdM&feature=share

Holy shit!

Cochina
09-08-2011, 02:01 PM

:rolleyes
Here's the article. http://www.ksat.com/news/29109916/detail.html

Little Miss Priss gave Viva the Stank Eye!

Viva Las Espuelas
09-08-2011, 02:18 PM
Ha. She didn't give me anything. I guess her funny bone has been removed <shrugs>

JudynTX
09-08-2011, 02:18 PM
The latest one.

LATEBREAKING... Another day, another massive fire.
We're following what we believe to be a growing brush fire on the 24000 blk. of Crossland Rd., just off Hwy. 281 in S. Bexar Co. The plume of smoke is visible for miles.

RandomGuy
09-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Normally that won't happen...but....

http://icons.wxug.com/hurricane/2011/soil_moisture_sep4.gif

Yeah - well, to say the soil is dry is putting it mildly.

All of you and Rick Perry better sacrifice a goat, pray, or do whatever it is you do for Nate to come up into Texas.

Well, we could always cut the budget to the Forest Service that is fighting the fires. (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184386)

I'm sure that is a winning solution. Right?

2Blonde
09-08-2011, 05:21 PM

Little Miss Priss gave Viva the Stank Eye!

Ha. She didn't give me anything. I guess her funny bone has been removed <shrugs>

Not at all! I've got no issues with Viva. The only reason I used the eye rolling emoticon was b/c there wasn't one for "That was a cute joke but not roflma material" If anything, Viva was entertaining in the thread.

:toast ( Oh, Cochino, this emoticon doesn't mean I'm actually drinking)

leemajors
09-08-2011, 05:27 PM
Holy shit!

pine resin is ridiculously flammable

benefactor
09-08-2011, 06:01 PM
http://www.kltv.com/story/15421172/8-etx-fires-being-investigated-as-arson

What the hell is wrong with people?

leemajors
09-08-2011, 06:07 PM
http://www.kltv.com/story/15421172/8-etx-fires-being-investigated-as-arson

What the hell is wrong with people?

East TX

Drachen
09-08-2011, 06:57 PM
East TX

apparently the leander, tx fire was also arson.

leemajors
09-08-2011, 07:13 PM
apparently the leander, tx fire was also arson.

i imagine a lot of them may have been.

Drachen
09-08-2011, 07:53 PM
i imagine a lot of them may have been.

yeah, this one was teenagers....

"hey lets set a fire down wind from the school, it will be awesome"

"yeah, great idea, all upside"

....Later......

"awwww, my PS3 is PStoast"

Drachen
09-09-2011, 01:29 PM
New one out west. My wife was on 410W near ingram and saw a huge plume of smoke.

fraga
09-09-2011, 01:47 PM
It's out here by Potranco outside 1604...aww dammit...

Drachen
09-09-2011, 01:54 PM
It's out here by Potranco outside 1604...aww dammit...

how close, I have a friend who lives out by that school about halfway between 1604 and 211 off of potranco.

mrsmaalox
09-09-2011, 01:55 PM

Yes, 2Blonde, we all believe you! ;) :lol

pkbpkb81
09-09-2011, 01:56 PM
danm

fraga
09-09-2011, 02:11 PM
It's out by the Citibank offices...

Firefighters are responding to a grass fire in the 1200 block of Zeta Drive near FM1957 and 211 in West Bexar County.

Drachen
09-09-2011, 02:16 PM
It's out by the Citibank offices...

I used to work out there.

fraga
09-09-2011, 02:25 PM
Kens5

http://www.kens5.com/news/Fire-crews-report-to-grass-fire-in-West-Bexar-County-129544333.html

MannyIsGod
09-09-2011, 02:42 PM
Not cool. Very close to my mother's house.

fraga
09-09-2011, 02:45 PM
I can see all the smoke outside my window...not good...not good at all...

Drachen
09-09-2011, 02:55 PM
I can see it from the 10th floor of my building, near callaghan and 10

Viva Las Espuelas
09-09-2011, 03:05 PM
I can see it from the 10th floor of my building, near callaghan and 10

Deja vu

Drachen
09-09-2011, 03:06 PM
Deja vu

I know, I was actually trying to find where I wrote that, but couldn't.... I was just going to quote myself.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-09-2011, 03:09 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5399835#post5399835

Drachen
09-09-2011, 03:17 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5399835#post5399835

now I know, page 3 or 5 for monday's fire

Cochina
09-09-2011, 04:19 PM
Not at all! I've got no issues with Viva. The only reason I used the eye rolling emoticon was b/c there wasn't one for "That was a cute joke but not roflma material" If anything, Viva was entertaining in the thread.

Watch it Miss Smarty Pants!:nope

Das Texan
09-09-2011, 04:22 PM
So tomorrow the east side burns?

Drachen
09-09-2011, 06:26 PM
New one on the west or southwest side. Can't tell exactly.

Trainwreck2100
09-09-2011, 06:30 PM
So tomorrow the east side burns?

that one will last awhile nobody wants to go out there

Wild Cobra
09-09-2011, 06:45 PM
Texas endures hottest summer in American history as meteorologists blame La Nina phenomenon (http://climaterealists.com/?id=8317)

http://climaterealists.com/attachments/database/article-2035335-0DC7B30300000578-618_468x327__468x327.jpg

TMTTRIO
09-11-2011, 03:04 PM
Not cool. There's a major fire now over near my house near Wetmore road.

SnakeBoy
09-11-2011, 10:08 PM
Texas endures hottest summer in American history as meteorologists blame La Nina phenomenon (http://climaterealists.com/?id=8317)

http://climaterealists.com/attachments/database/article-2035335-0DC7B30300000578-618_468x327__468x327.jpg

Our window for some tropical relief is closing quickly and a 50/50 chance of La Nina returning this winter. We may be seriously fucked.

boutons_deux
09-11-2011, 10:43 PM
I've seen predictions of no rain until mid 2012, at earliest.

A lot of TX farms and ranches are dying along with their production.

Nathan89
09-11-2011, 10:55 PM
I've seen predictions of no rain until mid 2012, at earliest.

A lot of TX farms and ranches are dying along with their production.

:depressed

I seen a show once about airplanes planting clouds that help produce rainfall. I think it was experimental but showing positive signs of effectiveness(I think it was happening in the Oklahoma region). Texas needs to invest in this technology asap.

SnakeBoy
09-12-2011, 11:43 AM
:depressed

I seen a show once about airplanes planting clouds that help produce rainfall. I think it was experimental but showing positive signs of effectiveness(I think it was happening in the Oklahoma region). Texas needs to invest in this technology asap.

Texas has a number of "cloud seeding" projects. They have to have something to work with though, and we got nothing but a dome of high pressure.