PDA

View Full Version : Give Me Fisher For The Playoffs - Tony Parker For Regular Season

Koolaid_Man
09-05-2011, 07:25 PM
Listen we all know that Parker has better stats and is a better all around player but is he more clutch? With the game on the line and 1 shot is needed would you trust Tony Parker or Derek Fisher to take that shot...Also consider what Tony Paker gives up on the defensive end. Tony Parker can be punked all day and night...and for this I'm going with Fish at the end of the day...No way Parker could withstand Boston's defense and battle Ray Allen with hardcore tenacity...they'd break Parker in two...and no way could Parker deliver shots to Scola like Fish did...:lol

Regular Season - Parker
Playoffs and Final Shot for a Championship - Fisher

This is what Fish gives you

ADznVsgB4WA 5UYIIdrkQfg

sefant77
09-05-2011, 11:21 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-4ncLrVzxmUY/TcdVzEx-KPI/AAAAAAAAAC0/aUhfxP68kBk/s1600/jjbarea.jpg

Spursfan092120
09-05-2011, 11:26 PM
http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss140/bigbobbs/30ixq55.gif http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_oapY-lfLx8M/TL9AUuu6pmI/AAAAAAAAAG8/zGpnfLsj1yU/s1600/Tony+Parker.jpg

ChumpDumper
09-06-2011, 12:28 AM
No one's going to give you shit because you're broke.

Nathan89
09-06-2011, 12:41 AM
4DgbUBoxa48

VBM
09-06-2011, 12:47 AM
and no way could Parker deliver shots to Scola like Fish did...:lol

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_26ZYZWyTHGA/RnyHG5gvCGI/AAAAAAAAAQM/rqgRiYJjhcM/s320/nash+nose.jpg

Leetonidas
09-06-2011, 01:54 AM
D-Fish has a Finals MVP?

Koolaid_Man
09-06-2011, 01:56 AM
4DgbUBoxa48

:lol ok not bad

LkrFan
09-06-2011, 08:09 AM
4DgbUBoxa48

:lmao

LkrFan
09-06-2011, 08:10 AM
Back on topic though:

Fish: 5
Parker: 3

:toast

lefty
09-06-2011, 09:03 AM

Giuseppe
09-06-2011, 09:05 AM
Back on topic though:

Parker: 3

Let us proceed...

DeadlyDynasty
09-06-2011, 09:10 AM
4DgbUBoxa48

:rollin

ambchang
09-06-2011, 09:25 AM
I agree, Fisher > Parker, and Fisher wasn't even the 4th best player on those Laker championship teams, while Parker has been 2nd/3rd best in all those Spurs championship teams.

Lakers teams simply staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacked.

lefty
09-06-2011, 09:32 AM
Fisher criedperiod

Giuseppe
09-06-2011, 09:55 AM
back on topic though:

parker: 3

period

Venti Quattro
09-06-2011, 10:00 AM
Give me Tony Parker anytime. Fuck Derek "you'll see in the playoffs, I'll prove you wrong :cry :cry :cry" Fisher.

Leetonidas
09-06-2011, 11:00 AM
:lol piece of shit using his daughter's diseases as an excuse to play in LA and fuck Utah over

Giuseppe
09-06-2011, 11:43 AM
You've no room. Your Pop searched out a rapist who could shoot a basketball.

redzero
09-06-2011, 11:43 AM
hitting a big 3 in the last few minutes after hurting your own team the entire game > contributing for 48 minutes

DMC
09-06-2011, 07:00 PM
You've no room. Your Pop searched out a rapist who could shoot a basketball.
While yours developed a rapist out of an existing player.

mavs>spurs
09-06-2011, 07:07 PM
4 da last 0.4 sec of a game - fisher

ElNono
09-06-2011, 07:53 PM
4DgbUBoxa48

:lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-06-2011, 08:09 PM
:lol piece of shit using his daughter's diseases as an excuse to play in LA and fuck Utah over
:lol saying he needed to be closer to the East Coast
:lol Los Angeles being "closer to the East Coast"
:lol whoring his daughter's cancer as a means to get out of a contract
:lol taking advantage of a team that felt bad for his situation
:lol suddenly claiming there's a doctor in LA that works with the doctor in NY
:lol sand bagging Utah and signing with the one team he knew they didn't want him going to

Koolaid_Man
09-06-2011, 08:27 PM
:lol saying he needed to be closer to the East Coast
:lol Los Angeles being "closer to the East Coast"
:lol whoring his daughter's cancer as a means to get out of a contract
:lol taking advantage of a team that felt bad for his situation
:lol suddenly claiming there's a doctor in LA that works with the doctor in NY
:lol sand bagging Utah and signing with the one team he knew they didn't want him going to

If this doesn't make you cry then you're a cold hearted bastards rectum...:lol

caKCtfYDExA

DMC
09-06-2011, 08:29 PM
Is that the video where he holds it up to the moon and says "behold, Kizzy.... the only thing greater than you are..... yo lips" ?

Koolaid_Man
09-06-2011, 08:29 PM
The guy lost 6.5 million dollars for returning to LA and for him it's no small amount...He was never a big NBA earner by Star standards...he made a legit sacrifice so deal with it Bitches

DMC
09-06-2011, 08:33 PM
That's nothing compared to the 500 you lost... errr... wait. nm.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-06-2011, 08:34 PM
The guy lost 6.5 million dollars for returning to LA and for him it's no small amount...He was never a big NBA earner by Star standards...he made a legit sacrifice so deal with it Bitches
How much do you think Fisher has made over his entire career?

Koolaid_Man
09-06-2011, 08:36 PM
That's nothing compared to the 500 you lost... errr... wait. nm.

I didn't think you'd have a legit come back to 6.5 mill...No sane person does...this proves his leaving Utah was legit...god just favors LA that's all. now as for you whats this err....wait.nm....are you choking on a cock or some shit? :lol

Koolaid_Man
09-06-2011, 08:37 PM
How much do you think Fisher has made over his entire career?

not much by NBA star standards....For Fish 6.5 mill is everything...people don't just give up 6.5 mill...nothing you homo's can really say about that tbh

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-06-2011, 08:42 PM
not much by NBA star standards....For Fish 6.5 mill is everything...people don't just give up 6.5 mill...nothing you homo's can really say about that tbh
Yeah there is. He's made 57.8 million total in his career. If I had already made that much money, I'd give up a few million dollars per year (it was actually 8 million dollars over the next 3 years he gave up) if it meant I got to play for the Lakers rather than in fuckin Utah. It was a smart decision, just not an honest one.

Koolaid_Man
09-06-2011, 09:21 PM
Yeah there is. He's made 57.8 million total in his career. If I had already made that much money, I'd give up a few million dollars per year (it was actually 8 million dollars over the next 3 years he gave up) if it meant I got to play for the Lakers rather than in fuckin Utah. It was a smart decision, just not an honest one.

Let's break - it- down....rough estimates..:lol If he does 20 % for a retirement account ( equates to 771k/ yr) , 2% in medical costs ( equates to 77k/yr) ,7% in payroll taxes ( equates to 3.2 million over 15 yrs), that would leave ~45 million as his net taxable income. Estimate his federal taxes at 15% on the 45 million gross taxable.

So his rough bring home after all taxes and estimate for taxes, retirement, and medical will be about 32.9 million. This equates to about 2.2 million / yr over a 15 yr career. So if you take the 8 million he gave up in Utah the bring home would have been ~ 4.6 million which translates into 14% of his estimated overall net bring home for the past 15 yrs. However, on a gross basis it's 24%

I would venture to say this 14% net ( after deductions) and 24% gross is a major piece of change for a role player. So you're wrong Dok this was purely a decision based on love for his kid...

and for the record this is also ( deductions) why rich people don't pay their fair share of taxes.. ( wink wink Midget) :lol

midnightpulp
09-06-2011, 09:39 PM
Let's break - it- down....rough estimates..:lol If he does 20 % for a retirement account ( equates to 771k/ yr) , 2% in medical costs ( equates to 77k/yr) ,7% in payroll taxes ( equates to 3.2 million over 15 yrs), that would leave ~45 million as his net taxable income. Estimate his federal taxes at 15% on the 45 million gross taxable.

So his rough bring home after all taxes and estimate for taxes, retirement, and medical will be about 32.9 million. This equates to about 2.2 million / yr over a 15 yr career. So if you take the 8 million he gave up in Utah the bring home would have been ~ 4.6 million which translates into 14% of his estimated overall net bring home for the past 15 yrs. However, on a gross basis it's 24%

I would venture to say this 14% net ( after deductions) and 24% gross is a major piece of change for a role player. So you're wrong Dok this was purely a decision based on love for his kid...

and for the record this is also ( deductions) why rich people don't pay their fair share of taxes.. ( wink wink Midget) :lol

:lmao:lmao:lmao

It's obvious you don't make any kind of significant money to quote such a low percentage. 15% is in the 11K to 45K range I believe. Fish would be paying 35% on any amount over 300K.

I guess that reinforces your position that Fisher moved to LA primarily out of the love for his daughter, but on the other hand, totally debunks the myth that you're some kind of jetsetter who owns an 800K house. Anyone bringing in that kind of money would know the tax brackets by heart, which you obviously don't.

:lmao A millionaire paying 15% Federal.

Koolaid_Man
09-06-2011, 10:01 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao

It's obvious you don't make any kind of significant money to quote such a low percentage. 15% is in the 11K to 45K range I believe. Fish would be paying 35% on any amount over 300K.

I guess that reinforces your position that Fisher moved to LA primarily out of the love for his daughter, but on the other hand, totally debunks the myth that you're some kind of jetsetter who owns an 800K house. Anyone bringing in that kind of money would know the tax brackets by heart, which you obviously don't.

:lmao A millionaire paying 15% Federal.

are you done yet midget..I hate to do this to you but fuck it...since you fuck with me it's a must that I fuck with you...I want all of you to gather around and learn something about the black mans IQ vs those with OCD. :lol

30 - 35% is his tax bracket which is what Midget is referring to. However, HIS EFFECTIVE TAX RATE (ACTUAL FEDERAL TAXES PAID AS A % OF YOUR ADJUSTED GROSS EARNINGS) is likely much less (i.e 15 - 20% range or lower) as it is with most millionaires and billionaires. Anyone who knows anything about taxes would realize this. Why do you think the democrats are trying to close all these tax loopholes.

Mid you may need to take a turbo tax 101 class...:lol

midnightpulp
09-06-2011, 10:12 PM
are you done yet midget..I hate to do this to you but fuck it...since you fuck with me it's a must that I fuck with you...I want all of you to gather around and learn something about the black mans IQ vs those with OCD. :lol

30 - 35% his is tax bracket which is what Midget is referring to. However, HIS EFFECTIVE TAX RATE (ACTUAL FEDERAL TAXES PAID AS A % OF YOUR ADJUSTED GROSS EARNINGS) is likely much less (i.e 15 - 20% range or lower) as it is with most millionaires and billionaires. Anyone who knows anything about taxes would realize this. Why do you think the democrats are trying to close all these tax loopholes.

Mid you may need to take a turbo tax 101 class...:lol

Yeah, Fish is going to have a real easy time cooking the books as a professional basketball player without getting audited post-haste. What expenses/overhead can he possibly quote that would lower his taxable income and put him in a much lower bracket?

Until you can show me that Fish has some multi-million dollar business ventures that "went bad," enabling him to skew his actual earnings, that nigga is paying 35%.

"Effective tax rate." :lol

Koolaid_Man, the 11k a year millionaire.

Koolaid_Man
09-06-2011, 10:12 PM
Hey mid can I have my house...and my jetsetting rumper raunching ways...back...

... dot dot dot....lol

midnightpulp
09-06-2011, 10:17 PM
http://oi51.tinypic.com/raw1fr.jpg

"B-B-But his "EFFECTIVE" tax rate is 20%!"

Koolaid_Man
09-06-2011, 10:21 PM
Yeah, Fish is going to have a real easy time cooking the books as a professional basketball player without getting audited post-haste. What expenses/overhead can he possibly quote that would lower his taxable income and put him in a much lower bracket?

Until you can show me that Fish has some multi-million dollar business ventures that "went bad," enabling him to skew his actual earnings, that nigga is paying 35%.

"Effective tax rate." :lol

Koolaid_Man, the 11k a year millionaire.

:lol I would really suggest that you educate yourself. Let's start with his Daughter's medical bills for cancer, airplanes ( maybe) business losses, charitable contributions, un-reimbursed business expenses, real estate taxes and interest..etc, ( same expenses that the Bush tax cuts / loopholes offered) to all other milllion and billionaires. Since I'm not quite a millionaire I can't tell you every single one of them but I come close.

You have no idea how this works do you midget. Why dont you print this post and take it to your account in fact I dare anyone here who thinks midget is even remotely close to being right take my post up to your tax accountant and watch them agree with every word I've typed. :lmao

Midget face it you can't compete with me on any level...:lol Mr. OCD

Koolaid_Man
09-06-2011, 10:29 PM
http://oi51.tinypic.com/raw1fr.jpg

"B-B-But his "EFFECTIVE" tax rate is 20%!"

:lol I guess you really don't understand tax law...45 million is the adjusted gross earnings...from there you deduct the allowable federal tax deductions to determine your net taxable income...and this is what determines the tax bracket you are in...not the 45 million. So the fallacy of your pictorial diagram above is that it does not account for ANY / ZERO tax deductions.

Let me know when you want to admit your over your head in debating me on this. Kool I would tell you what my degree is in but I choose not to...

Carry on I'll only embarrass you some more...:toast

midnightpulp
09-06-2011, 10:30 PM
:lol I would really suggest that you educate yourself. Let's start with his Daughter's medical bills for cancer, airplanes ( maybe) business losses, charitable contributions, un-reimbursed business expenses, real estate taxes and interest..etc, ( same expenses that the Bush tax cuts / loopholes offered) to all other milllion and billionaires. Since I'm not quite a millionaire I can't tell you every single one of them but I come close.

You have no idea how this works do you midget. Why dont you print this post and take it to your account in fact I dare anyone here who thinks midget is even remotely close to being right take my post up to your tax accountant and watch them agree with every word I've typed. :lmao

Midget face it you can't compete with me on any level...:lol Mr. OCD

Does your dumbass realize that for him to only pay 20%, he'd have to manipulate his records in such way that it appears he's making about 50K to 100K a year? Yeah, the IRS is really gon' believe dat.

He doesn't have the luxury of hiding income off-shore or the like because his salary is well publicized. The only way he could possibly do it is concoct a phony business investment that went bad, and for him to do that without getting audited like a motherfucker would require a superhuman accountant with Jesus Christ's blood flowing in his veins.

Prove he pays only 20%. I can prove he pays 35%, because that's his fuckin' tax bracket, while all you got is retarded speculation befitting of your chimp brain.

BlackSwordsMan
09-06-2011, 10:37 PM
oh shit nigga these guys dropping financial pwns
these niggaz crazyyyyy!

midnightpulp
09-06-2011, 10:39 PM
And lol "airplanes." Last I checked, I think the Lakers pick up that bill.

Koolaid_Man
09-06-2011, 10:40 PM
Does your dumbass realize that for him to only pay 20%, he'd have to manipulate his records in such way that it appears he's making about 50K to 100K a year? Yeah, the IRS is really gon' believe dat.

He doesn't have the luxury of hiding income off-shore or the like because his salary is well publicized. The only way he could possibly do it is concoct a phony business investment that went bad, and for him to do that without getting audited like a motherfucker would require a superhuman accountant with Jesus Christ's blood flowing in his veins.

Prove he pays only 20%. I can prove he pays 35%, because that's his fuckin' tax bracket, while all you got is retarded speculation befitting of your chimp brain.

:lmao Let me ask you...Do you know how to read a line graph...

http://www.quickanded.com/2010/02/effective-tax-rates-of-the-richest-400-americans.html

Poor guy you really have no idea of what your talking about...this is what some white people do when they don't know or understand an issue. I've laid out point by point and yet you come back with this cockamamie suggestion about him manipulating his records. :lol Dude I'm done go read a book...but before I go it's a dam shame you let a nigga own you like this...I would ask though that Dok or some other knowledgeable person of tax law get in here and please show midget just how wrong he is...this is the stuff of legends :lmao

Koolaid_Man
09-06-2011, 10:47 PM
and

Kobe Gold and 5

Duncan Bronze and 4

midnightpulp
09-06-2011, 10:57 PM
:lmao Let me ask you...Do you know how to read a line graph...

http://www.quickanded.com/2010/02/effective-tax-rates-of-the-richest-400-americans.html

Poor guy you really have no idea of what your talking about...this is what some white people do when they don't know or understand an issue. I've laid out point by point and yet you come back with this cockamamie suggestion about him manipulating his records. :lol Dude I'm done go read a book...but before I go it's a dam shame you let a nigga own you like this...I would ask though that Dok or some other knowledgeable person of tax law get in here and please show midget just how wrong he is...this is the stuff of legends :lmao

The stuff of legend, indeed. Do you realize the blue line is "salaried income," which Fish would fall under. The 15% you're going on about is CAPITAL GAINS. Last I checked, a professional basketball player doesn't make his money via capital gains. Sure, it would be easy for a scum bag CEO to quote his 500K salary and pay the marginal rate on that, while quoting the rest of his multimillion dollar income as resulting from capital gains (even if it didn't), paying only 15%. So if a CEO pays 200K in taxes on his salary and, let's say, 15 million in taxes on his 100 million dollar capital gains earnings, he's effectively only paying around 15%, which the orange line demonstrates. It's why DoK stated earlier that capital gains tax in this country is a joke, since most of the mega rich get around paying marginal rates by reporting the majority of their income (2/3rd's as the article you linked stated) as capital gains.

Does Fish have the luxury? No. His salary is too well publicized.

Until your chimp brain can prove otherwise, that nigga paying 35%.

midnightpulp
09-06-2011, 11:15 PM
Now go ahead, Kool. Do you what you do best. Backtrack and spin.

Killakobe81
09-06-2011, 11:20 PM
Obviously fisher had no shot at a Finals MVP, he played with shaq and the Mamba ...that being said Parker is better.

But, that hit on Scola is pretty freaking underrated no way Kobe or PJ has two more rings without it. i know some people thought that shit was dirty ...and maybe it was but it sent the RIGHT message ...

And Fisher has hit more clutch shots than any Laker outside of West, Magic Kareem or Kobe.

Yep, even more than Horry but Horry's against Sacramento WAS epic ...

Koolaid_Man
09-06-2011, 11:31 PM
The stuff of legend, indeed. Do you realize the blue line is "salaried income," which Fish would fall under. The 15% you're going on about is CAPITAL GAINS. Last I checked, a professional basketball player doesn't make his money via capital gains. Sure, it would be easy for a scum bag CEO to quote his 500K salary and pay the marginal rate on that, while quoting the rest of his multimillion dollar income as resulting from capital gains (even if it didn't), paying only 15%. So if a CEO pays 200K in taxes on his salary and, let's say, 15 million in taxes on his 100 million dollar capital gains earnings, he's effectively only paying around 15%, which the orange line demonstrates. It's why DoK stated earlier that capital gains tax in this country is a joke, since most of the mega rich get around paying marginal rates by reporting the majority of their income (2/3rd's as the article you linked stated) as capital gains.

Does Fish have the luxury? No. His salary is too well publicized.

Until your chimp brain can prove otherwise, that nigga paying 35%.

Mr. OCD - Let's get past your cloud of "nothing-ness" so that I can explain it yet again in laymen terms..in my example due to the deductions the effective tax rates based solely on individual income ( not even factoring capital gains) is still less than 20%. Example - in 2007 ( I think that was the year) overall across the nation effective tax rate was less than 15% and we're trending downwards in the last couple of years due to the worsening economy.

I would suggest that you look up the definitions for effective tax rate and marginal tax rate since you seem to imply that 35% is the effective tax rate. No one pays 35% on total gross income and especially not million and billionaires... Your argument is pretty comical...those who lack the knowledge might actually think you're right..But I dare you to bring an accountant on this site and challenge my authority on this issue. :lol

and yes I'm not only a trendsetter I'm a jetsetter as well...:lol Now can I have my house back...

midnightpulp
09-06-2011, 11:32 PM
And again, lol airplanes.

Koolaid_Man
09-06-2011, 11:33 PM
I realize you may get stuck in a OCD cycle tonight...So I will holla at you tomorrow if I think your next insane rationale requires a response. lol

Now bring your accountant on ...

Ignignokt
09-06-2011, 11:38 PM
Midnight pulp has picked the bone out of that Jungle monkey's fro thus causing him to ferociously throw feces at everyone.

Koolaid Man: Low level primate

Everyone else : winners

Ignignokt
09-06-2011, 11:43 PM
I realize you may get stuck in a OCD cycle tonight...So I will holla at you tomorrow if I think your next insane rationale requires a response. lol

Now bring your accountant on ...

The only way low level primates get OCD is buy snorting crack. that's if you consider the side effects of licking your teeth and scratching your face as OCD.

Other's get it because it correlates with an epistemoligical-phsycological genius.

midnightpulp
09-06-2011, 11:45 PM
Mr. OCD - Let's get past your cloud of "nothing-ness" so that I can explain it yet again in laymen terms..in my example due to the deductions the effective tax rates based solely on individual income ( not even factoring capital gains) is still less than 20%. Example - in 2007 ( I think that was the year) overall across the nation effective tax rate was less than 15% and we're trending downwards in the last couple of years due to the worsening economy.

I would suggest that you look up the definitions for effective tax rate and marginal tax rate since you seem to imply that 35% is the effective tax rate. No one pays 35% on total gross income and especially not million and billionaires... Your argument is pretty comical...those who lack the knowledge might actually think you're right..But I dare you to bring an accountant on this site and challenge my authority on this issue. :lol

and yes I'm not only a trendsetter I'm a jetsetter as well...:lol Now can I have my house back...

Please explain to me how Derek Fisher, who earned his 45 million dollar net worth from SALARY, which is taxed by the MARGINAL RATE, would pay an EFFECTIVE RATE of 15-20% when he can't report one penny of that 45 million as capital gains? What possible deductions can he claim that would cut into his taxable income to such a degree it would place him in a lower bracket? And no, medical bills and airplanes (lol) would not suffice in this instance.

If a millionaire only earns his money from salary, you bet he's paying 35%. And I never implied 35% is the "effective rate." Where did you get that idea? I broke it down in my previous post how a CEO would manipulate things to only pay a 15-20% effective rate, by reporting the majority of his income resulting from capital gains. The article you linked illustrates how they achieve this, by reporting 2/3rd of their income as capital gains. Again, FISHER CAN'T DO THAT.

2/3rd of Fisher's income DOES NOT COME FROM CAPITAL GAINS, therefore, he's paying the marginal rate of 35% on that 45 million. What don't you understand?

midnightpulp
09-06-2011, 11:48 PM
Midnight pulp has picked the bone out of that Jungle monkey's fro thus causing him to ferociously throw feces at everyone.

Koolaid Man: Low level primate

Everyone else : winners

You're knowledgeable about this stuff.

How in the hell would a salaried millionaire like Derek Fisher skew things in such a way to only pay 20% taxes?

Primate Kool thinks that by linking an article that shows how the 400 wealthiest Americans pay an effective tax rate of 15% precisely because they report the majority of their income as capital gains somehow proves that Derek Fisher, a salaried NBA player, pays 15% as well.

From Primate's article:

"The first, and most visually apparent, is that the tax rates of the rich are far more closely linked to the capital gains taxes than income taxes. Salaries and wages, the source of income taxed at the blue line, represented only 6.5 percent of these filers’ income. "

I ask you again, Kool. Can Fish report that only 6.5 percent of his 45 million career earnings came from salary?

Obviously not. 100% came from salary, thus Fish would have to pay 35% on any amount above 300K, after deducting the cost of medical bills and airplanes of course :lol

ElNono
09-07-2011, 01:32 AM
lol tired old shitbag Fisher

Venti Quattro
09-07-2011, 01:44 AM
:madrun :madrun :madrun You'll see haters!!!

:madrun :madrun :madrun I'll hit all my clutch shots in the Playoffs!!!

:madrun :madrun :madrun You'll realize my true value and be proven wrong!!!

:madrun :madrun :madrun Regular season

Giuseppe
09-07-2011, 02:33 AM
lol tired old shitbag Fisher

I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

ElNono
09-07-2011, 02:36 AM
I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

Oh wait, no

Skunker

Giuseppe
09-07-2011, 02:36 AM
No. It's The Skunker!!!

ElNono
09-07-2011, 02:37 AM
lmemulatedao!

Giuseppe
09-07-2011, 02:38 AM
lmcontrollinao!!!

eric365
09-07-2011, 03:48 AM
I agree, Fisher > Parker, and Fisher wasn't even the 4th best player on those Laker championship teams, while Parker has been 2nd/3rd best in all those Spurs championship teams.

Lakers teams simply staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacked.

This. So that means Duncan >>>>>>>>>>> Kobe with his stacked team :lol

Koolaid_Man
09-07-2011, 07:29 AM
You're knowledgeable about this stuff.

How in the hell would a salaried millionaire like Derek Fisher skew things in such a way to only pay 20% taxes?

Primate Kool thinks that by linking an article that shows how the 400 wealthiest Americans pay an effective tax rate of 15% precisely because they report the majority of their income as capital gains somehow proves that Derek Fisher, a salaried NBA player, pays 15% as well.

From Primate's article:

"The first, and most visually apparent, is that the tax rates of the rich are far more closely linked to the capital gains taxes than income taxes. Salaries and wages, the source of income taxed at the blue line, represented only 6.5 percent of these filers’ income. "

I ask you again, Kool. Can Fish report that only 6.5 percent of his 45 million career earnings came from salary?

Obviously not. 100% came from salary, thus Fish would have to pay 35% on any amount above 300K, after deducting the cost of medical bills and airplanes of course :lol

:lol ohh my my....someone is stuck in another OCD cycle...Go back re-read my posts and study them carefully. Midget you've come along way since your disastrous first rebuttal of my tax layout for Fish.. but it's futile for me to argue with you since you don't understand or comprehend basic tax principles which is obviously not your area of expertise. I'm fiendish and devilishly enjoying your ignorance on display :lol

The fallacy of your argument and what you don't understand is that it's a graduated tax scale. I've laid this out many times for you. No one as I repeated pays 35% on their gross taxable income.

The tax tables are designed as such that your incremental income are taxed at the higher rates. It seems you understand this only slightly. We don't know what capital gains he does or does not have. His NBA money doesn't mean he does not have capital gains. If he has capital gains then likely he has capital losses which are also deductible. :lol which is the key word:lol

Regardless whether we're talking capital gains or income taxes your whole scenario completely disregards he gets to takes deductions from his gross taxable income, effectively lowering his tax rate.

Why do I get into it with people who have OCD and other mental disorders I have no idea...it's like arguing with retardeds and it's just plain wrong. :lol

midnightpulp
09-07-2011, 09:00 AM
:lol ohh my my....someone is stuck in another OCD cycle...Go back re-read my posts and study them carefully. Midget you've come along way since your disastrous first rebuttal of my tax layout for Fish.. but it's futile for me to argue with you since you don't understand or comprehend basic tax principles which is obviously not your area of expertise. I'm fiendish and devilishly enjoying your ignorance on display :lol

The fallacy of your argument and what you don't understand is that it's a graduated tax scale. I've laid this out many times for you. No one as I repeated pays 35% on their gross taxable income.

The tax tables are designed as such that your incremental income are taxed at the higher rates. It seems you understand this only slightly. We don't know what capital gains he does or does not have. His NBA money doesn't mean he does not have capital gains. If he has capital gains then likely he has capital losses which are also deductible. :lol which is the key word:lol

Regardless whether we're talking capital gains or income taxes your whole scenario completely disregards he gets to takes deductions from his gross taxable income, effectively lowering his tax rate.

Why do I get into it with people who have OCD and other mental disorders I have no idea...it's like arguing with retardeds and it's just plain wrong. :lol

Do you understand that after a certain amount (I think around 300K) the progressive structure (10% on your first 8K, 15% on the next 15K, etc) no longer applies and you have to pay 35% on every dollar earned? Oh:

"In 2003, for example, the United States imposed a 35 percent tax on every dollar of taxable income above $155,975 earned by a married taxpayer filing separately. But that tax bracket applied only to earnings above that $155,975 threshold;"

http://www.econlib.org/library/Enc/MarginalTaxRates.html

Fisher far exceeds the 155K threshold, therefore he would be paying close to 35 percent on his total salaried earnings.

He made roughly an average of 4 million per year over his career, now tell me, what deductions can he possibly claim that would subtract so substantial an amount it would place him in a lower bracket? Even if he earned 1 million net a year, he'd still be paying 35% on roughly 845K.

Look, I'll be real with you for a second and admit you know what you're talking about (Yes, I've seen you say your degree is in accounting), but what's happening here is that I caught you making an incorrect statement (that Fish would only pay 15%), and whether than admit error, you're trying to spin your way out of it.

It's simple, as illustrated by the tax bracket, a salaried earner (which Fisher is) would have to pay 35% on every dollar over 155K.

Please elaborate for me how he would contrive it so that he would only be paying 15%?

Koolaid_Man
09-07-2011, 12:51 PM
Do you understand that after a certain amount (I think around 300K) the progressive structure (10% on your first 8K, 15% on the next 15K, etc) no longer applies and you have to pay 35% on every dollar earned? Oh:

"In 2003, for example, the United States imposed a 35 percent tax on every dollar of taxable income above $155,975 earned by a married taxpayer filing separately. But that tax bracket applied only to earnings above that $155,975 threshold;"

http://www.econlib.org/library/Enc/MarginalTaxRates.html

Fisher far exceeds the 155K threshold, therefore he would be paying close to 35 percent on his total salaried earnings.

He made roughly an average of 4 million per year over his career, now tell me, what deductions can he possibly claim that would subtract so substantial an amount it would place him in a lower bracket? Even if he earned 1 million net a year, he'd still be paying 35% on roughly 845K.

Look, I'll be real with you for a second and admit you know what you're talking about (Yes, I've seen you say your degree is in accounting), but what's happening here is that I caught you making an incorrect statement (that Fish would only pay 15%), and whether than admit error, you're trying to spin your way out of it.

It's simple, as illustrated by the tax bracket, a salaried earner (which Fisher is) would have to pay 35% on every dollar over 155K.

Please elaborate for me how he would contrive it so that he would only be paying 15%?

I will give you credit for two things. 1.) Trying and 2.) Forcing me to temporarily suspend my posting style while at the same time exposing the fact that I really don't have a chimp brain. :downspin:

My degree(s) are not in accounting, economics, or international business :lolbut rather, PIMPOLOGY. Now let's me break character for just a second and once I'm done please forget that I ever posted this crap. I can appreciate a good challenge but the fact is I'm the Kobe Bryant of this NBA forum.

Your last post proves my point.

"In 2003, for example, the United States imposed a 35 percent tax on every dollar of taxable income above $155,975 earned by a married taxpayer filing separately. But that tax bracket applied only to earnings above that $155,975 threshold;" The operative words in this sentence is TAXABLE INCOME; again taxable income is AFTER the numerous deductions and credits that the Federal government allows to offset gross income; since we don’t know Fishers exact tax situation and all the deductions/credits he could possibly take against his adjusted GROSS earnings of $45m, I used an estimated average tax rate which is less than the statutory tax rate of 35% and applied that percentage to the adjusted GROSS income)

I should make you research this on your own but this is a teachable or pimpology moment for Kool. Before you review the Congressional Budget Office data let Chimp Brain Kool walk you through it ( very slowly):

http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/88xx/doc8885/Appendix_wtoc.pdf

You will want to look at the second set of graphs (on page 12) which relates to households with children. So the very first graph is all federal taxes and the overall effective tax rate by quintile of household income (read the section at the beginning of the graph). The 2nd graph after that relates specifically to individual income tax (i.e. this would exclude social security and any other sources by which the federal government gets tax revenue...those items are broken out separately below the individual income tax graph). But even if you go back to the top and look at the overall (i.e. average among all households those with children and those without (we know children reduce your tax burden even further), the effective for the top (which Derek Fisher is not in) is still less than 20%.

Mid you don’t quite understand effective versus absolute tax rate. Yes, Fisher may be in the 35% tax rate bracket, but as a percentage of his gross taxable income, his actual tax liability is less than 35%

Look closely at the CBO graphs I linked. You will see that the overall (i.e. all federal taxes) for the top 1% of earners (the far right column and which likely includes corporations) is above the 20% but if you go to the middle column (All quintiles which is all tax paying entities I suppose) and look at the average for 2005 it is just above 20% at 20.5%. However, if you go to the left 2 columns over and look at the 4th quintile (which still might be high for Derek’s income level) it is below 20% and drops from there, and this is looking at the nation as a whole for all federal taxes. If you go to the graph just below it, you will see the same information that relates to individual income taxes only (which is what we're talking about). This shows that even for the top 1%, it is still less than 20%, and if you go to the national average it is under 10%, so from this, my 15% is a conservative number.

You are not alone mid...many people don't understand the difference between marginal and effective tax rates and they don't understand the wide gap between the two. Since you don't understand it you simplify it into marginal-rate comparisons like you've clearly done here. Is it (marginal rates) part of the total tax picture , sure, but it's a poor way to simplify a complex system. You laughed when I first exposed you to effective tax rates but they are a much better measure because they accurately measure what people actually pay.

Obama and his crew totally gets it and I'm on board with what they're trying to do because unlike most people here I actually understand it. Don't get bogged down in wedge issues.

Lastly props to Van Jones he's my homie as well. Gotta run the brilliant legal mind Kevin Sr. is ringing me from long distance. :lol

_zJp8hZTRiE

midnightpulp
09-07-2011, 02:22 PM
I will give you credit for two things. 1.) Trying and 2.) Forcing me to temporarily suspend my posting style while at the same time exposing the fact that I really don't have a chimp brain. :downspin:

My degree(s) are not in accounting, economics, or international business :lolbut rather, PIMPOLOGY. Now let's me break character for just a second and once I'm done please forget that I ever posted this crap. I can appreciate a good challenge but the fact is I'm the Kobe Bryant of this NBA forum.

Your last post proves my point.
The operative words in this sentence is TAXABLE INCOME; again taxable income is AFTER the numerous deductions and credits that the Federal government allows to offset gross income; since we don’t know Fishers exact tax situation and all the deductions/credits he could possibly take against his adjusted GROSS earnings of $45m, I used an estimated average tax rate which is less than the statutory tax rate of 35% and applied that percentage to the adjusted GROSS income)

I should make you research this on your own but this is a teachable or pimpology moment for Kool. Before you review the Congressional Budget Office data let Chimp Brain Kool walk you through it ( very slowly):

http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/88xx/doc8885/Appendix_wtoc.pdf

You will want to look at the second set of graphs (on page 12) which relates to households with children. So the very first graph is all federal taxes and the overall effective tax rate by quintile of household income (read the section at the beginning of the graph). The 2nd graph after that relates specifically to individual income tax (i.e. this would exclude social security and any other sources by which the federal government gets tax revenue...those items are broken out separately below the individual income tax graph). But even if you go back to the top and look at the overall (i.e. average among all households those with children and those without (we know children reduce your tax burden even further), the effective for the top (which Derek Fisher is not in) is still less than 20%.

Mid you don’t quite understand effective versus absolute tax rate. Yes, Fisher may be in the 35% tax rate bracket, but as a percentage of his gross taxable income, his actual tax liability is less than 35%

Look closely at the CBO graphs I linked. You will see that the overall (i.e. all federal taxes) for the top 1% of earners (the far right column and which likely includes corporations) is above the 20% but if you go to the middle column (All quintiles which is all tax paying entities I suppose) and look at the average for 2005 it is just above 20% at 20.5%. However, if you go to the left 2 columns over and look at the 4th quintile (which still might be high for Derek’s income level) it is below 20% and drops from there, and this is looking at the nation as a whole for all federal taxes. If you go to the graph just below it, you will see the same information that relates to individual income taxes only (which is what we're talking about). This shows that even for the top 1%, it is still less than 20%, and if you go to the national average it is under 10%, so from this, my 15% is a conservative number.

You are not alone mid...many people don't understand the difference between marginal and effective tax rates and they don't understand the wide gap between the two. Since you don't understand it you simplify it into marginal-rate comparisons like you've clearly done here. Is it (marginal rates) part of the total tax picture , sure, but it's a poor way to simplify a complex system. You laughed when I first exposed you to effective tax rates but they are a much better measure because they accurately measure what people actually pay.

Obama and his crew totally gets it and I'm on board with what they're trying to do because unlike most people here I actually understand it. Don't get bogged down in wedge issues.

Lastly props to Van Jones he's my homie as well. Gotta run the brilliant legal mind Kevin Sr. is ringing me from long distance. :lol

_zJp8hZTRiE

How many food stamps did you give a starving Economics major to write that out for you?

Koolaid_Man
09-07-2011, 08:19 PM
How many food stamps did you give a starving Economics major to write that out for you?

500 homie...you know it...I'm holding Jr down with these...Sorry Deepy...:lol

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/ball/foodstamps1.jpg

Giuseppe
09-07-2011, 09:11 PM
Kevin

Spursfan092120
09-07-2011, 09:56 PM
http://msofficer.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/derek-fisher-crying.jpg?w=480http://nbasoup.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/tony-parker-spurs.jpg