PDA

View Full Version : Quote by Pop, up 2 - 0

Solid D
06-13-2005, 09:22 PM
"We're going ____ with an advantage, but I don't think we've outplayed them," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "We've just knocked down some shots."

Date, June 19, 1999.

The San Antonio Spurs were headed to NY City with a 2-0 lead. The Spurs had just held the Knicks under 80 points twice at home (89-77 in Game 1 and 80-67 in Game 2). The Spurs would go on to lose game 3 in NY but then win the next two in the Big Apple to win their first NBA Championship.

Aw shucks. How some things don't change...

exstatic
06-13-2005, 09:25 PM
I don't think that applies here. Maybe the mothers of the Piston players don't think they were outplayed, but they would be the only ones.

Solid D
06-13-2005, 09:33 PM
Pop Quote from June 12, 2005

Q. Has this been a little bit easier so far than you expected?
COACH GREGG POPOVICH: No, not at all. Nothing's easy. I mean, I think they had a poor night shooting tonight. I don't know what they ended up with, but at least in the first half, they had a tough time making shots. I think we played pretty good D, but they also missed some shots.
I don't think anything is easy. Everybody is out there working very hard. It's very physical, bodies are knocking and we made shots tonight. Obviously Manu made, you know, a lot of threes and Bruce made his threes, that really helps us offensively. So that made tonight's game look easy, but the guys are banging pretty hard out there. When it got down to eight, it could easily go from eight to two. It went back up to 15 because we made a shot or two. It's a lot closer than the score looks, I think."

Aw shucks, the mentality doesn't change much.

Tek_XX
06-13-2005, 10:28 PM
04-05 Detroit pistons>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>98-99 New York Knicks

T Park
06-13-2005, 10:33 PM
I dont know if Pop would let em come out flat and stupid now like he did in 99.