Danny Castillo vs. Anthony Njokuani

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)

Dong Hyun Kim vs. Sean Pierson
Efrain Escudero vs. Jacob Volkmann
Luis Ramos vs. Matt Riddle
Manny Gamburyan vs. Diego Nunes

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0906/mma_a_blaots_576.jpg

http://s1.proxy05.twitpic.com/photos/large/391453094.jpg

Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem, Friday, Dec. 30 in Las Vegas.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2011/09/brock-lesnar-vs-alistair-overeem-ufc.html

Alistair Overeem Calls Signing With UFC 'One of the Biggest Days in My Life'

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/09/06/alistair-overeem-calls-signing-with-ufc-one-of-the-biggest-days/

CubanSucks
09-06-2011, 04:21 PM
I still think that if Lesnar learns not to tuck tail and run whenever he gets touched on the face he can beat any HW. But if he doesn't, he goin get his ass beat fo real

ace3g
09-06-2011, 04:46 PM
Video of Overeem signing his contract: https://www.tout.com/m/iuas0j

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/251/e/e/ufc_141_poster_teaser_by_aronian-d498pfs.jpg

dbreiden83080
09-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Was rumored for a while

Awesome fight..

ace3g
09-07-2011, 10:04 AM
Overeem-Year-to-Remember-isnt-over-yet

Alistair Overeem ended 2010 with four fights: three in one night on December 11th en route to a K-1 World Grand Prix title, and then a 19 second blast-out of Todd Duffee on New Year’s Eve.

This December, “The Reem” will get ready for the New Year in more sedate fashion. This time, he’ll make just one trip up those four steps, but it will be a biggie, as he will compete in the UFC for the first time on December 30th against former heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar.

It was the news that captivated the mixed martial arts world on Tuesday, a blistering wake-up call to those still sleepy from the Labor Day weekend – Overeem, the former Strikeforce heavyweight champion, had signed with the UFC and was kicking off his career in the Octagon with one of the biggest bouts of the year.

That’s quite an entrance, and for once, it was news that wasn’t met with any negativity by the usual naysayers. Overeem isn’t surprised either.

“I think this is big news and a big development,” he told UFC.com. “It’s one of those dream matchups – you have two big guys, one of them specializes in wrestling, one specializes in striking, and everybody wants to see it. There was a lot spoken about this dream matchup in the past, but it couldn’t materialize because I wasn’t in the UFC, but now that I am, anything is possible. I already received a lot of emails and messages from people who congratulated me; they’re happy I joined, and they’ve very happy with this matchup.”

That’s not surprising. If you were going to create a prototype of a heavyweight prizefighter, Overeem is the blueprint. 6-4, 265 pounds, with knockout power in his fists, feet, and knees, the imposing 31-year old from the Netherlands certainly looks the part, and when the bell sounds, he delivers the goods as well, as his title winning efforts in Strikeforce, K-1, and Dream prove beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Yet despite being unbeaten in MMA over the last four years (10-0, 1 NC), there has always been the question of whether we would ever see him compete against the best heavyweights in the UFC. Overeem wondered the same thing, but he also believed his eventual arrival was inevitable.

“I did always expect myself to get into the UFC at one point in my career,” he said. “I didn’t know when that was gonna be, but I did always see myself in the UFC at some time.”

And while he battled it out in PRIDE (mainly as a light heavyweight), Dream, Strikeforce, and K-1, he kept his eye on his peers Stateside.

“You want to keep track of your competition, so of course I watched the UFC heavyweight division very closely to see who was in there and what they were doing,” he said, before giving his current scouting report. “They’re strong, big guys and I truly believe they belong at the top of the world, so it does pose a challenge and I definitely need to step up my game. You have the wrestling guys in the UFC, and the big guys, but lately, especially with (Junior) dos Santos and (Cain) Velasquez, they’re mixing it up with striking really well.”

If Overeem wins his UFC debut in December, he will be seeing the winner of the November 12th title bout between champion Velasquez and challenger dos Santos, and whoever it is, that’s another dream matchup. And just think of Overeem in the Octagon with guys like Shane Carwin, Frank Mir, Pat Barry, and “Minotauro” Nogueira. The intriguing matchups are endless, and Overeem is excited about such possibilities.

“I think I have a lot of great matchups,” he said. “I think any one of these guys is willing to fight and not evade the fight, but truly fight and show their best, so I think that ultimately the winners will be the fans. They’re gonna see some great matchups with me in the future and I’m excited about that.”

First up is Lesnar, the former heavyweight champ who will be returning to action for the first time since October of 2010. But after surgery to take care of his diverticulitis, Lesnar expects to be back in fearsome form come December, and the best Brock is what Overeem is looking forward to facing.

“He’s a very strong, very dangerous, and very explosive heavyweight,” said Overeem of Lesnar. “I think he’s kind of unique in the way he operates and fights, and there are some weaknesses in his game, but I think everybody has weaknesses. Overall, I see him as a very dangerous heavyweight.”

It takes one to know one, but beyond the excitement that Overeem is injecting into the UFC heavyweight division is the fact that should he win the championship, he may just end up as the most decorated fighter the weight class has ever seen. That would be pretty impressive.

“Of course it’s crossed my mind when I think about it, but I’m not occupied with it,” he said when asked about his legacy. “I’m more occupied with the day-to-day routine. If I think about it, I did pull off some amazing things that no other fighter did, and that does sort of make me proud, but I’ve got to stay focused. Previous results don’t guarantee the future.”

And where you are in January doesn’t necessarily dictate where you are in December. Just ask Alistair Overeem.

“I actually had a lot of people ask me that (in January, about being in the UFC), and I said ‘well, I’m under contract, so I don’t see that happening,’” he recalled. “The Strikeforce GP was going to be the main priority. But things changed. Last year that was also the case. I fought Brett Rogers and after I was supposed to fight Fedor (Emelianenko), but he declined, and that actually forced me to go into the K-1 and I won that belt. So I’m okay with change.”

So are UFC fans.

http://www.ufc.com/news/Overeem-Year-to-Remember-isnt-over-yet

The TroutBum
09-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Wow, I have to cheer for Cock again? What is this world coming to? Also, why the fuck isn't Mir getting any closer to a title shot, while Cock keeps getting the big fights?

Rip-Hamilton32
09-08-2011, 12:56 AM
called this a while back

ace3g
09-09-2011, 01:03 PM
Spike TV to Air UFC 141 Prelims Special

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/9/9/2413509/spike-tv-to-air-ufc-141-prelims-special

A second bout between top contenders has been added to the UFC's year-end card, company president Dana White confirmed today. Verbal agreements are in for a matchup between top-ten welterweights as 11-1 Johny Hendricks takes on 23-3-1 Jon Fitch. Both men are standout wrestlers; the December bout will be Fitch's first return to the cage since being sidelined by injury earlier this year.

http://www.ufc.com/news/ufc-141-fight-card-updates

gMQLBvOWVOE

ace3g
09-20-2011, 11:28 AM
Overeem announced today that he is leaving Team Golden Glory; he made this statement through twitter:

I would like to make a statement regarding the recent news of the separation from my long-time management Golden Glory. As with any relationship, there are good times and bad times - you have your common ground and your differences. As with any relationship, you have trust. When differences lead to a breach of trust, there's no turning back and no way to continue a positive, working relationship. I don't air my dirty laundry. I would appreciate the respect regarding my privacy to not disclose any further details on this matter.
Again, I would like to thank team Golden Glory for all the years we worked together and wish them success for the future.

http://twitter.com/#!/Alistairovereem/status/116180125795614722

vmBSnt1oHuE&feature=player_detailpage

ace3g
10-11-2011, 08:38 PM
UFC to move pay-cards back to 10 p.m. ET

The Ultimate Fighting Championship has decided to go back to its old starting time for pay-per-view cards.

Starting with UFC 141 on Dec. 30, the main cards for pay-per-view events will begin at 10 p.m. ET, the promotion confirmed Tuesday, saying the decision was based on "careful consideration and feedback from our fans."

UFC in April decided to move up the pay-per-view shows to 9 p.m. ET, but that meant West Coast audiences had to deal with an opener at 6 p.m., an awkward time for Saturday night events.

Although UFC doesn't publicly reveal its pay-per-view buyrates, Wrestling Observer estimates suggest a downward trend in 2011. Through August, the industry newsletter's tallies for this year average 414,500 buys per show, down 25% from the first eight months of 2010.

It's hard to say whether the earlier start time had anything to do with that drop. Injuries and other health issues forced several changes in UFC's main events during the spring. Some observers have suggested that economic growth in the United States could be having an effect on pro sports in general, although UFC's buyrates grew during the recession.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/mma/post/2011-10-11/ufc-to-move-pay-cards-back-to-10-pm-et/552642/1

Cant_Be_Faded
10-16-2011, 05:14 PM
I will see this. Brock sells.

BTW whatever happened to that beast bad ass that kicked Brock's ass for the title? Has he still been fighting?

ace3g
10-30-2011, 10:02 PM
Donald Cerrone vs. Nate Diaz targeted for UFC 141 in Las Vegas

http://mmajunkie.com/news/25880/donald-cerrone-vs-nate-diaz-targeted-for-ufc-141-in-las-vegas.mma?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+mmajunkie+%28MMAjunkie.com+Fe ed%29

Stringer_Bell
10-30-2011, 11:18 PM
BTW whatever happened to that beast bad ass that kicked Brock's ass for the title? Has he still been fighting?

Cain Velasquez was the beast, and he's fighting Junior Dos Santos on FOX and it's going to be free on 11/12/11. :toast

The Cerrone fight makes no sense to me other than for entertainment purposes, but it'll be nice to see little Diaz get fucked up by a guy that is close to the same size aka big LW's. Cerrone deserves a title eliminator match after that one.

polandprzem
10-31-2011, 06:21 AM
Yup I was thinking Pettis or lauzon

Stringer_Bell
10-31-2011, 11:55 AM
Yup I was thinking Pettis or lauzon

Good choices, I'd think Lauzon would be the best fit since he beat Guillard who was on the same level in the ranks as Siver w/ those winning streaks.

I think the only way the UFC can make this right is making Pettis vs Lauzon :downspin:

ace3g
10-31-2011, 03:08 PM
I believe Pettis and Lauzon are going to fight each other in Febuary; they started a twitter battle right after UFC 136, and although not official, UFC usually puts those type of fights together.

----

Looks like Cerrone vs Diaz will be co main event: http://t.co/MVDji4y4

Cant_Be_Faded
11-02-2011, 11:53 PM
Cain Velasquez was the beast, and he's fighting Junior Dos Santos on FOX and it's going to be free on 11/12/11. :toast

The Cerrone fight makes no sense to me other than for entertainment purposes, but it'll be nice to see little Diaz get fucked up by a guy that is close to the same size aka big LW's. Cerrone deserves a title eliminator match after that one.

Fuck my ass, so Cain is finally fighting again, and its on the night of the Pacquiao fight? Gotta stick with my roots and watch boxing breh....this sucks

ace3g
11-03-2011, 12:09 AM
Fuck my ass, so Cain is finally fighting again, and its on the night of the Pacquiao fight? Gotta stick with my roots and watch boxing breh....this sucks

actually the Cain vs. Dos Santos fight is an hour before the pacman fight, so you can watch both

007nites
11-11-2011, 01:33 AM
http://mmafrenzy.com/files/2011/11/UFC-141-Lesnar-vs-Overeem-Poster.jpg

The TroutBum
11-12-2011, 12:53 AM
Except one guy has a penis on his chest, while the other guy usually has it in his mouth.

ace3g
11-19-2011, 12:08 PM
4Y8prwdviyg

dbreiden83080
11-19-2011, 01:35 PM
4Y8prwdviyg

Fuckin amazing promo...

CubanSucks
11-19-2011, 05:52 PM
4Y8prwdviyg

physically this is one of the coolest matchups ever, but I still can't help but think back to Lesnar running for his life when Carwin and Cain both touched his face. I just don't see him NOT getting KOd. But then again, I haven't seen too much of Overeem

ace3g
12-01-2011, 09:24 PM
Isft2C86l74

ace3g
12-03-2011, 03:04 PM
Overeem's Mom has cancer, he will return to Holland to care for her and train
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=ys-ufc_overeem_blog120211

dbreiden83080
12-11-2011, 12:07 AM
Rumors going around that Reem is gonna bail on the fight and Mir will take his place..

polandprzem
12-11-2011, 08:47 AM
:pctoss

On presser Dana said not true

dbreiden83080
12-11-2011, 12:33 PM
Uh oh

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/12/11/2627454/alistair-overeem-ufc-141-brock-lesnar-drug-test-rumor

"White denies Overeem is off the Lesnar card. But Alistair is on Mon.'s NSAC agenda. I've heard possibly in connection w/ prefight drug test."

polandprzem
12-11-2011, 12:45 PM
He is not gonna clear his body b4 the event.

What a dummass

tlongII
12-11-2011, 02:07 PM
Overeem definitely looks like a roider.

polandprzem
12-11-2011, 02:10 PM
Overeem definitely looks like a roider.

nope it's just gens :)

Why do you think a guy like hendo is still successful ?

CubanSucks
12-11-2011, 03:39 PM
why would anyone wanna see Mir vs Lesnar again anyway? It's not a question of skill or adjusting to the other guys strategy, he just can't get move Lesnar. It would be the same result as Mir/Carwin and the last Mir/Lesnar, he just gets muscled around

dbreiden83080
12-11-2011, 04:23 PM
why would anyone wanna see Mir vs Lesnar again anyway? It's not a question of skill or adjusting to the other guys strategy, he just can't get move Lesnar. It would be the same result as Mir/Carwin and the last Mir/Lesnar, he just gets muscled around

Well if Reem is out Brock just needs a fight. He has been out long enough..

polandprzem
12-12-2011, 05:03 AM
Yea Mir has this problem that he can be muscled around. When pinned against the cage or on the ground he cannot do nothing.
Even Nog lighter more then 20pds had decent success at that area. That's why even after he bulked up Carwin and Lesnar had no problem of controlling Mir who also goes to sleep too fast for a HW

And I do agree there is nobody else for Brock if Ali is off.
Travis Brown, Kongo, Werdum?

--
UFC needs Cormier and Barnett

dbreiden83080
12-12-2011, 08:19 PM
Alistair Overeem Receives 'Conditional License' to Face Brock Lesnar at UFC 141

Early on in the Nevada State Athletic Commission meeting today we got an ominous sign that something may be up with Alistair Overeem's licensing status. During a discussion about the success of out-of-competition drug testing, following up on a July 2010 meeting, They mentioned that the two most recent men asked to take a test were Brock Lesnar and Alistair Overeem.

Lesnar, they said, went to a hospital and took his test. Then they said that they would "discuss him later."

Overeem was eventually sworn in to answer questions.

He was notified on November 17 that he would need to take a random out of competition test, the commission did not hear back from Overeem's camp for five days. Then Overeem took a blood test on the 23rd but the test they were looking for was urine. He didn't actually take a urine test until December 7th, but that test was administered by his own private doctor, not by a testing facility which the commission did not care for.

Overeem said that he felt he did things in a quick manner. The commission grilled him over his timeline, asking why he didn't notify the UFC that he was leaving the country and why he didn't get the test done more quickly.

Overeem continued to pin the issues on his assistants, saying he was getting tested within a day each time his assistants told him he needed to and that his assistants are the ones who talk to the UFC. His assistant said that he works another full time job and isn't familiar with the Athletic Commission procedures and simply did the best that he could.

One of the biggest moments on the call was when Overeem said that he purchased the plane ticket to fly to see his mother on the 15th, two days prior to the request for testing. That made it appear that he did not jump the next flight to avoid the test.

In the end, the commission felt that his descriptions of the situations he dealt with were satisfactory for a license with some exceptions:

1.The test done by his doctor on the 7th of December is not sufficient. He will need to retest within 72 hours somewhere in the UK or elsewhere at a location of NSAC's choosing.

2.Overeem must drop another urine sample when he lands in the United States.

3.Overeem will be tested randomly twice over six months following the UFC 141 card.

So again, after much deliberation and a fishy timeline, it appears that the fight with Brock Lesnar will go on.

The TroutBum
12-14-2011, 05:52 PM
Fuck.

dbreiden83080
12-14-2011, 07:18 PM
UFC did a very poor job putting together a great card around this one.. Not gonna get 1 millions buys for this card with such a weak supporting cast..

polandprzem
12-15-2011, 03:59 AM
UFC did a very poor job putting together a great card around this one.. Not gonna get 1 millions buys for this card with such a weak supporting cast..

You mean another card or other matchups are not that great?

maybe names are not there, but the main card IMO is really interesting.
Cerrone style vs Diaz style should make a great fight esp. when you have to consider Donald a contender if he wins. At least 1 win away IMO

Fitch might be next in line for the interim belt

And Gustafsson is superbly talented and the one that by the end of 2012 might be a threat to Jones. All depends how he can improve.

ace3g
12-15-2011, 09:05 PM
dCPbKOt5mWk

The TroutBum
12-15-2011, 11:03 PM
So, when Cock loses, can we please write him off as a flash in the pan ex-fuck head WWF guy? Finally? Gods, what a tool.

Also, if Cowboy loses, I will slit my wrists. I don't think I can stand to watch both Diaz faggots win in one year.

slick'81
12-16-2011, 05:04 PM
im actually excited for this one even though ive never seen overeem fight

polandprzem
12-17-2011, 04:39 AM
im actually excited for this one even though ive never seen overeem fight

Go and watch K-1 hi lits, then you gonna see how brutal and powerfull Overeem is

Cerrone is a real fighter. he just goes forward and belives in his skills and more important he wants to fight. Not a Jon 'give me vacation' Bones

Athletes got limited time in their careers.

Rooting for a 5-0! and I want to see Donald put beating on Diaz just like Rory did!
I mean really the guy outstrike Denis Siver. Let's go!

dbreiden83080
12-17-2011, 08:28 AM
So, when Cock loses, can we please write him off as a flash in the pan ex-fuck head WWF guy.

Flash in the pan that ripped Mir a new asshole at UFC 100..

The TroutBum
12-17-2011, 08:43 PM
Flash in the pan that ripped Mir a new asshole at UFC 100..

Solid argument.

No, seriously, solid.

ace3g
12-20-2011, 01:12 PM
Overeem passed the required drug tests, fight is still on as planned

strosFan2
12-20-2011, 09:31 PM
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)
Brock Lesnar vs. Alistair Overeem
Donald Cerrone vs. Nate Diaz
Jon Fitch vs. Johny Hendricks
Alexander Gustafsson vs. Vladimir Matyushenko
Jim Hettes vs. Nam Phan

Stringer_Bell
12-21-2011, 04:23 AM
- Brock's strength can make him make dumb decisions, but he's not stupid. He HAS to win this fight, or retire.
- Cerrone is going to win a KTFO bonus...Diaz is overrated at LW cuz he just bullies little dudes.
- Very interesting match, I think it'll be mostly boxing with Gustafsson working in some nasty knees as he continues to evolve - but Vlady can work in the clinch too, so it should be good.
Jim Hettes vs. Nam Phan

The TroutBum
12-22-2011, 09:16 PM
Brock Lesnar vs. Alistair Overeem - This is like trying to pick between cutting your dick off, or getting your butt hole sewn shut with barbed wire. There really is no winner here.
Jon Fitch vs. Johny Hendricks - Hooray for another boring decision!
Alexander Gustafsson vs. Vladimir Matyushenko - Love me some Vladdy, but damn, retire man.
Jim Hettes vs. Nam Phan

polandprzem
12-23-2011, 08:54 AM
7JVp0OMA7aY

u2rt36JZsZo

ooWNNde_oFs

ace3g
12-23-2011, 01:24 PM
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)

- Finally after thinking about this fight for a while, going with Lesnar; superior wrestling; I believe (and hope) he learned his lesson against Cain and won't rush in at the beginning of the fight (he even said that was a major mistake in one of the video interviews I watched for UFC 141). Hopefully Brock's health issues have subsided, and won't be an issue going further in his career...

- Should be a great fight, Cowboy gets the W with superior striking and continues his run up the LW rankings.

- Fitch motivated to get back to where he was in the rankings prior to the BJ Penn fight

- Future challenger of Bones Jones

Jim Hettes vs. Nam Phan

dbreiden83080
12-23-2011, 01:42 PM
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)

-Undecided yet, but will have a pick before fight night

Brock's got this shit..

mystargtr34
12-23-2011, 09:21 PM
The octagon favours wrestlers so great wrestling > great striking.. im tempted to pick Brock because of that.. however i cant picture Brock not going into the fetal position when Overeem touches him with his fists.

Rip-Hamilton32
12-24-2011, 03:15 AM
i can't see Alistar Overated beating Brock, I think hes gonna take him down and finish him in the first

ace3g
12-26-2011, 07:42 PM
NjM9DyMeN8M

damQO9amOFU&feature=g-u&context=G2ba0aaaFUAAAAAAAAAA

FQxj2ctnHwE&feature=context&context=G2ba0aaaFUAAAAAAAAAA

polandprzem
12-27-2011, 03:40 AM
Mulhall was too late, Brock was already dead and Overeem was blasting him more ...

ace3g
12-27-2011, 01:42 PM
oh and if you forgot, PPVs are returning to 10/9 PM EST time slot starting with this card.

dbreiden83080
12-27-2011, 09:05 PM
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)
This is a fascinating fight that on paper could go either way. A lot of people seem to be doubting Brock for a variety of reasons.

His Health/The layoff
Questioning his desire
Saying he can't take a punch

I see a guy that was under-rated when he was actually the UFC HW champ. A guy that is dying to get back in the cage and rip someone a new asshole. Brock losing to Cain to me is a key here because he will come into this fight even more fuckin pissed off than normal. I saw the countdown show and his pre-fight interviews he wants this WIN bad. I see Brock closing the distance and working Reem on the cage for the TD. Gassing Reem out with his top game and putting him away in round 2 VIA TKO. Reem can really only win by KO, a sub is possible but i think unlikely given Brock's immense strength and wrestling. Might wanna watch out for the guillotine choke though

WAR BROCK!!

Cowboy gonna smash Nick Diaz's little brother. He is out of his league with Cowboy.. TKO Round 2 or 3..

Long layoff for Fitch but he will do what he does. Wrestle and grind out another decision win. UD Fitch..

Alexander is one to watch for in 2012 at 205..

Jim Hettes vs. Nam Phan
Love Nam.. Hope he takes this..

ace3g
12-28-2011, 04:25 PM
pre fight presser: http://www.youtube.com/user/UFC?feature=g-u#p/l/mI_WdOCQORM

qgPpqNhOhqo

fCbbxkruza4

Cowboy was wearing a cowboy hat prior to this photo; Nate, knocks the hat off and then shoves Cowboy
http://pics.campl.us/f/d/dd40cc5efa3d3b71415bcb1a086f7eb6.jpg

The TroutBum
12-28-2011, 09:35 PM
Oh man, how sweet it's going to be to see Cowboy beat the living shit out of that little fucking Mexicunt.

Stringer_Bell
12-29-2011, 07:08 AM
Diaz tried to punk him, but has no idea the level of fighter that will be across from him tomorrow. He should be grateful for fighting a contender, Diaz hasn't done shit but lost to 2x contender Maynard and beat up an old Irish man.

TDMVPDPOY
12-29-2011, 08:40 AM
is nam phan the guy that won the ufc competition contract? he was on some blonde guys team vs french gsp team...is that competition over right?

tlongII
12-29-2011, 10:56 AM
Overeem will KO Brock. Lesnar has a glass chin.

polandprzem
12-29-2011, 11:39 AM

Brock do not have a glass chin.
He just is not used to getting punched, and when he is unable to get his opponent down he does not know what to do. It's like his gameplan went off the window and now what? How to fight.

he needs to keep going and be more versatile as a fighter in a meaning that he needs to continue fighting

He is quicker the Ali, but if Overeem the best striker on the planet will knee him or punch standing up and avoid takedown, this is goodniteee for Brocky

TDMVPDPOY
12-29-2011, 12:04 PM
why doesnt brock just lift him up with a F5

polandprzem
12-29-2011, 12:14 PM
why doesnt brock just lift him up with a F5

Well maybe because Ali will not help him with it?

dbreiden83080
12-29-2011, 01:19 PM

Overeem has shown both a bad chin and lousy cardio before..

Stringer_Bell
12-29-2011, 01:35 PM
is nam phan the guy that won the ufc competition contract? he was on some blonde guys team vs french gsp team...is that competition over right?

Nope, he didn't win the contract but he's been in some good fights since coming out of the show.

polandprzem
12-29-2011, 03:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfePISC1MNA&feature=related

One of the interviews - there are more on the right side :) :P

ace3g
12-29-2011, 07:14 PM
weigh ins are on now: http://www.youtube.com/user/UFC?feature=g-u#p/l/iNTVhy35KW0

dbreiden83080
12-29-2011, 07:32 PM
Brock came in at 266 Reem at 263 with his jeans and shoes on. Brock left the building before being interviewed looking pumped up and fucking angry as hell

Pro's picks for the fight

War Brock!!!

http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20111228024845_f.JPG

Everybody loves a showdown between two explosive behemoths. The UFC 141 main event provides just such a matchup, as the 6-foot-3, 265 pound Brock Lesnar collides with the 6-foot-5, 256-pound Alistair Overeem in a heavyweight title eliminator on Friday at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

Which goliath will find a way to impose his will?

Sherdog.com caught up with a number of professional fighters and trainers to gauge their opinions on the UFC 141 “Lesnar vs. Overeem” headliner:

Travis Wiuff: I’m gonna take Brock by first-round head-and-arm choke.

Nam Phan: I say Brock by decision.

Kyle Kingsbury: I got Lesnar with the endurance edge, smashing The ’Reem in the second with some nasty ground-and-pound.

Travis Lutter: I think Lesnar wins this one. I think his wrestling will be the deciding factor.

Cub Swanson: I think Lesnar is definitely worried about getting hit. That’s what makes me think he’s gonna win. He will quickly get the fight to the ground and get to the ground-and-pound finish in the first round.

Marc DellaGrotte: Battle of the giants. This could be a body building contest at the weigh-ins. Will the curse of the Octagon debut be a factor? Can Overeem keep it standing? Can Brock get it to the ground? Seriously, these guys are huge. Either way, this fight probably won’t go the distance. Brock is and always will pose a serious threat to anyone in the division, and he is only getting better. I have followed Overeem for a long time thru muay Thai. He has serious KO power and can do it with any weapon. I’m a huge fan of both fighters and wish them a fun, exciting fight.

Yves Edwards: This fight is all about the takedown. If Brock can secure the takedown and control, he wins. Problem with that is he’s going to have to do that and get the sub or do that for five rounds. Alistair has to stop the takedown and look for the KO. We’ve seen Brock take a beating and come back from it; we’ve also seen him get beaten and break. I think Overeem can break him, but will he? My pick is Overeem.

Eddy Millis: Overeem wins this by brutal KO in less than 60 seconds.

John Hackleman: I think it’s going to be Lesnar [winning] just by pure athleticism. I think he’s going to rush in, get the takedown, get top position and win that way. I think if he’s dumb enough to stand and use some of his newfound standup skills, he will get KO’d, but I predict that he is going to rush in: a bum rush, football rush, whatever it takes to get Overeem down, to get top position and pound it out.

Gabe Ruediger: It’s all decided by wrestling. How good is Overeem’s defense? Lesnar has great credentials and if he puts Overeem on his back, it’s his fight, and I think he will. Lesnar wins by superior wrestling.

Mike Ciesnolevicz: This is a tough fight for me to pick. My first thought when the UFC announced the match was that Overeem is going to kill him because Lesnar is scared to get hit. I wasn’t thinking about the fact that Lesnar is nearly 300 pounds of muscle and athleticism with a strong wrestling background and top Brazilian jiu-jitsu game. This fight is such a toss up for me. If it’s the Lesnar that showed up against Frank Mir in their second fight, then Overeem is done for. If Mir was helpless on his back, then Overeem will get destroyed if he gets stuck underneath. The other side of the coin is that Lesnar still is not very comfortable when strikes are coming his way. He tends to shy away from strikes. Overeem is brutal with his punches and knees. When it comes down to it, I can see Brock bull rushing after a few punches come his way, with Overeem using his Thai clinch and knees to the body. Overeem wins by TKO in round one.

Joe Duarte: Lesnar is a freak athlete, but he doesn’t like getting hit. His size has carried him a long way, but his fight with Cain [Velasquez] exposed him. Overeem eats real horses, medium rare, which will give him the ability to TKO Brock in the second.

Benji Radach: I’m going to say Lesnar by smothering/suffocation/ground-and-pound, unless he wants to have a standup war with a K-1 champ (laughs). Not sure that’s the best idea.

Michael Guymon: We all know that Lesnar would be a human piñata if he were to try and stand with Overeem. There is no secret where Brock wants this fight to end up. This is simple to call. If it goes to the ground, Brock takes it. If this fight stays on the feet, Overeem takes it.

Keith Berry: Overeem by KO in the first round.

Pros Picking Lesnar: 8
Pros Picking Overeem: 5
No Pick: 2

dbreiden83080
12-29-2011, 07:37 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/b62a9691d0760b9c88c08b12e8f0e7c08eebb1f93a5025d1ac 48d70abf987af75g.jpg

ace3g
12-29-2011, 10:31 PM
rUQ9TB3OWJM

CubanSucks
12-29-2011, 10:55 PM
pre fight presser: http://www.youtube.com/user/UFC?feature=g-u#p/l/mI_WdOCQORM

qgPpqNhOhqo

fCbbxkruza4

Cowboy was wearing a cowboy hat prior to this photo; Nate, knocks the hat off and then shoves Cowboy
http://pics.campl.us/f/d/dd40cc5efa3d3b71415bcb1a086f7eb6.jpg

:lol continuing to show what a piece of ghetto trash he truly is. How some of you are actually a fan of his I'll never understand.

The TroutBum
12-29-2011, 10:58 PM
OverTool will catch Cock with a vicious knee the first time Cock tries to shoot. KO within 90 seconds.

ace3g
12-30-2011, 08:25 PM
I get to watch this card on PPV at my friend's bros house; last time I watched a PPV fight there it was Edgar/Maynard II, and we all know how that fight went.

BlackSwordsMan
12-30-2011, 08:35 PM
If you guys got an xbox try to buy the fight its free its down right now but keep trying I got lucky a couple of days ago

benefactor
12-30-2011, 08:45 PM
I will be watching an illegal stream, per my usual.

shyne
12-30-2011, 09:02 PM

Where do you find those illegal streams at?

benefactor
12-30-2011, 09:10 PM
Check your pm.

benefactor
12-30-2011, 09:16 PM
Njokuani has really nice looking striking.

benefactor
12-30-2011, 09:29 PM
Castillo won the first and third...so I agree with the decision.

resistanze
12-30-2011, 10:00 PM
If you guys got an xbox try to buy the fight its free its down right now but keep trying I got lucky a couple of days ago

Shit was so fucking rigged. Back t my streams.

polandprzem
12-30-2011, 10:11 PM
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)

Jim Hettes vs. Nam Phan

benefactor
12-30-2011, 10:30 PM
Nam's getting the hell beat out of him.

benefactor
12-30-2011, 10:32 PM
Good god...

resistanze
12-30-2011, 10:47 PM
Damn!

resistanze
12-30-2011, 10:47 PM
Ran into that :lol

benefactor
12-30-2011, 10:48 PM
lol Vlad. It looked like he jumped into his fist.

benefactor
12-30-2011, 11:00 PM
Wow.

benefactor
12-30-2011, 11:01 PM
Unreal loss for Fitch. He's never gotten caught like that.

resistanze
12-30-2011, 11:02 PM
Vicious KO.

LakerHater
12-30-2011, 11:04 PM
Dude got ktfo!

benefactor
12-30-2011, 11:05 PM
Man I'm shocked. Fitch will most certainly be asking for a rematch.

benefactor
12-30-2011, 11:27 PM
Man I hope Cowboy kicks his ass.

resistanze
12-30-2011, 11:40 PM
Man I hope Cowboy kicks his ass.

Looks like a fucking punching bag so far.

benefactor
12-30-2011, 11:53 PM
Well shit. Diaz deserved it though. Cowboy just stood there and got tagged in the first and never recovered from it.

Creepn
12-30-2011, 11:55 PM
Can't find any freakin links. I suck at this.

MannyIsGod
12-30-2011, 11:57 PM
http://forum.wiziwig.eu/threads/65407-Wiziwig-eu-Boxing-and-Fighting-Weekly-Schedule-(30th-Dec-%E2%80%93-2nd-Jan)

benefactor
12-30-2011, 11:58 PM
Google tykestv.

Creepn
12-31-2011, 12:01 AM
YES! Thanks! You guys made my evening.

resistanze
12-31-2011, 12:06 AM
Lesnar haven't fought since last October right? Wonder how he'll look like in the ring.

benefactor
12-31-2011, 12:07 AM
Lesnar haven't fought since last October right? Wonder how he'll look like in the ring.
If Cain vs. Dos Santos tells us anything...Brock's gonna get ktfo.

resistanze
12-31-2011, 12:09 AM
If Cain vs. Dos Santos tells us anything...Brock's gonna get ktfo.

See I was thinking the same way at first but I can't see Lesnar not learning from his last beatdown. I have a feeling he'll take Overeem down, if he can't then well then he needs to reinvent himself (or his chin).

benefactor
12-31-2011, 12:10 AM
Standing outside for any amount of time is suicide. He needs to close the distance quick.

Spursfan092120
12-31-2011, 12:13 AM

probably very angry

resistanze
12-31-2011, 12:19 AM
LMFAO Brock

resistanze
12-31-2011, 12:20 AM
This niqqa couldnt even get more than one takedown attempt??

benefactor
12-31-2011, 12:20 AM
Standing outside for any amount of time is suicide. He needs to close the distance quick.
:wakeup

resistanze
12-31-2011, 12:21 AM
See I was thinking the same way at first but I can't see Lesnar not learning from his last beatdown.
:lol

MannyIsGod
12-31-2011, 12:22 AM
Hard to remember when Brock looked unbeataable.

dallaskd
12-31-2011, 12:22 AM
Lesnar will be in retirement by the end of 2012

resistanze
12-31-2011, 12:23 AM
Did this niqqa just retire?

benefactor
12-31-2011, 12:24 AM
The gimmick is up. He's big...he's strong...he's quick. Skilled? Not so much.

mystargtr34
12-31-2011, 12:24 AM
Haha REEEMED

dallaskd
12-31-2011, 12:25 AM
Lesnar will be in retirement by the end of 2012

lol called it. what a scrub yao ming kind of career

resistanze
12-31-2011, 12:27 AM
actually it was end of 2011, lol

Creepn
12-31-2011, 12:33 AM
lol I spent more time looking for links than the actual fight. Still appreciate it though.

dbreiden83080
12-31-2011, 12:36 AM
In terms of hyped fights that is way up there as one of the most dissapointing ever for me. Brock had nothing despite being in great shaoe and looking focused. Reem was and is great but Brock sucked tonight and then retired..

He's probably going back to the WWE which is annoying..

dbreiden83080
12-31-2011, 12:37 AM
Hard to remember when Brock looked unbeataable.

Nobody at HW is unbeatable..

shyne
12-31-2011, 12:40 AM
Reem will beat Jds and Cain will beat reem. I hope junior knocks his ass out though. Probably be popped for roids before then though.

dbreiden83080
12-31-2011, 12:41 AM
Reem actually matches up extremely well with JDS because he is the more well rounded striker and all JDS ever wants to do is box.. And he showed good TDD tonight along with that immense power..

shyne
12-31-2011, 12:43 AM
After watching reem fight in pride today on spike, that big fucker has to be juicing

dallaskd
12-31-2011, 12:46 AM
After watching reem fight in pride today on spike, that big fucker has to be juicing

i actually think he is clean but his brother is a different story..

http://www.tapology.com/system/letterbox_images/551/default/wide.jpg?1275993295

shyne
12-31-2011, 12:48 AM
His brother is a big pussy, he quit in his last fight

dbreiden83080
12-31-2011, 12:51 AM
Oh well that is over so what are some of the big fights to look ahead to for 2012?

Rashad/Jones
Anderson/Sonnen
Reem/JDS i guess now
Henderson/Edgar is a good one
Diaz/Condit
GSP's return against the winner..

shyne
12-31-2011, 12:56 AM
Who's next for Cain? Mir

dbreiden83080
12-31-2011, 01:00 AM
Who's next for Cain? Mir

Good possibility..

shyne
12-31-2011, 01:01 AM
Hendo wants to fight reem lol, that dude will fight anyone he don't give a shit.

dbreiden83080
12-31-2011, 01:04 AM
Hendo wants to fight reem lol, that dude will fight anyone he don't give a shit.

The UFC is waiting on Shad/Davis winner but Shad gets hurt all the time so Hendo is on deck for Jones..

dbreiden83080
12-31-2011, 01:06 AM
So long Brock Avvy

I only support current MMA fighters.. :lol

tlongII
12-31-2011, 01:13 AM
Brock was a fraud.

dbreiden83080
12-31-2011, 01:25 AM
On a side note Fitch is completely fucked.. Winning all his fights was his only claim to deserving another title shot.. Now he lost and is boring with Diaz likely winning the interim belt and a GSP showdown looming as Fitch approaches 34 he is never getting another chance..

007nites
12-31-2011, 01:27 AM
Once I saw Brock cringe from that UBERknee I knew it was over.

dbreiden83080
12-31-2011, 01:30 AM
Once I saw Brock cringe from that UBERknee I knew it was over.

Me too.. Brock should have bull rushed Reem when he waited on him i knew he was in trouble..

BlackSwordsMan
12-31-2011, 02:32 AM
brock was so fucking scared

BlackSwordsMan
12-31-2011, 02:33 AM
btw the whole xbox app thing was a fucking flop it never worked I wonder for the people who paid if they got a refund

The TroutBum
12-31-2011, 02:53 AM
So, when Cock loses, can we please write him off as a flash in the pan ex-fuck head WWF guy? Finally? Gods, what a tool.
Vindication, finally. At least he'll go back to the WWE and continue to make a mockery of MMA by simply being himself. The UFC is going to be feeling the hurt of Cock Lesner for years and years to come. I hope those big PPV numbers were worth it, Dana, you dumb fuck.

Also, if Cowboy loses, I will slit my wrists. I don't think I can stand to watch both Diaz faggots win in one year.
How does Cowboy not get himself up for this fight? How does he allow that to happen? HOW? That's the worst I've ever seen him look, and one of the biggest fights of his career. He should've MOWED that fuck face down. I'm so disappointed with Donald.

Brock's got this shit..
Great call.

QFT.

Stringer_Bell
12-31-2011, 04:01 AM
Wow, such a disappointing card in terms of competitiveness.

Hettes looked annoying as fuck out there (constant pressure), and he totally dominated Pham. I hate those tall wrestlers in the lighter divisions, but the Hettes has decent transitions skills so he's not a blanket which is nice. He could be dangerous.

Vlady made a stupid mistake, but I continue to be impressed with Gust's poise.

Hendricks is a bigger version of Mike Pierce, probably would've expected it if I didn't like Fitch so much.

Cerrone fought like an idiot, that's all I'm gonna say.

I can't get over how lame the main event was, I am not liking how things played out in the ring and the aftermath even though I am excited to see Reem vs JDS. It almost seemed rigged, no joke. It's clear that Brock never put his whole heart into training, but at least he returns to the WWE with a cool scar and some street cred.

polandprzem
12-31-2011, 04:20 AM
On a side note Fitch is completely fucked.. Winning all his fights was his only claim to deserving another title shot.. Now he lost and is boring with Diaz likely winning the interim belt and a GSP showdown looming as Fitch approaches 34 he is never getting another chance..

I was thinking the same thing.

He was winning and winning being top2 WW and then one punch and over. Never gonna get title shot. I thought about it when decision was announced and they showed Fitch.

Donald rushed too early too quick and then had a adrenaline dump or whatever? He fought as stupid as he could. I was so pissed. Now Diaz is a contender...
Donald blew a 5-0

Brock you shitty bag, I was rooting for you and you was not there with a fight. It's like you just given up like you knew that was your last fight, and you wanted to leave the cage as soon as possible.
The most dominant double leg! Where was this?
Maybe a time to retire for a man that not long ago seemed like untouchable

Heath Ledger
12-31-2011, 04:43 AM
Brock is going back to WWE im pretty sure thats what their big announcement is on 1-2-12 his ass will be in wrestlemania come April. Book it.

Someone please come up with a gif of Brocks face when he took that liver kick.

benefactor
12-31-2011, 07:57 AM
Vindication, finally. At least he'll go back to the WWE and continue to make a mockery of MMA by simply being himself. The UFC is going to be feeling the hurt of Cock Lesner for years and years to come. I hope those big PPV numbers were worth it, Dana, you dumb fuck.

Don't see how the UFC is going to hurt over Brock. Dana did exactly what he wanted to do...brought a guy in that was ultra popular in WWE and squeezed a shitload of money out of him.

You have to remember that this is both a sport and a business. Being a good businessman in a sport like this is two fold...on one hand you have the most skilled fighters in the world and on the other hand you have fighters that are not as skilled but popular. Why do you think White has kept Bisping's dumb ass around for as long as he has? It keeps the Brits ordering PPV's...just like keeping Brock around kept all his old fans from WWE ordering them.

I know why you feel the way you feel...I'd like it to be the best fighters and no gimmicks...but when you are talking about leaving millions of dollars on the table certain gimmicks are too lucrative to pass up.

Stringer_Bell
12-31-2011, 08:01 AM
Why do you think White has kept Bisping's dumb ass around for as long as he has? It keeps the Brits ordering PPV's

I'm pretty sure the Brits aren't buying PPV, they get that shit for free on SKY and ESPN channels. But yea, Bisping is the poster child for UK MMA, and I think if Hardy wasn't on a shit streak he'd have replaced him by now.

benefactor
12-31-2011, 08:27 AM
Didn't know that. Regardless, it keeps the Brits watching.

People can shit talk Dana all they want...but at the end of the day the dude knows how to make money.

polandprzem
12-31-2011, 08:28 AM
Damn I really would like see more Brock fights

But the desire he always speaks about is not there.
If he will go back to the WWE IMO he will lose himself.

Go to your farm and live a peaceful life.

I wonder what will happen to the DeathClutch which was all about Lesnar

polandprzem
12-31-2011, 08:30 AM
Didn't know that. Regardless, it keeps the Brits watching.

People can shit talk Dana all they want...but at the end of the day the dude knows how to make money.

We need some polish guy in the UFC!

Now we get this shit 'for free' as well.
'Depends which platform ppl have/

ace3g
12-31-2011, 01:37 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/1230/mma_e_lesnar11_576.jpg

benefactor
12-31-2011, 01:41 PM
Pain.

Trainwreck2100
12-31-2011, 02:48 PM
Brock is going back to WWE im pretty sure thats what their big announcement is on 1-2-12 his ass will be in wrestlemania come April. Book it.

Someone please come up with a gif of Brocks face when he took that liver kick.

1-2-12 is chris jericho

dbreiden83080
12-31-2011, 04:35 PM
Reem was classy and cool at the post fight presser. He said he wants no part of fighting JDS in Brazil only in the US. Dana said Brock is retired but still under contract with them so no WWE for now..

ace3g
12-31-2011, 05:03 PM
who do you think Alexander Gustafsson should fight next?

Little Nog
Machida
Rampage/Bader
Davis/Rashad loser

CubanSucks
12-31-2011, 06:17 PM
He said he wants no part of fighting JDS in Brazil only in the US.

what the fuck is that all about? Am I missing something or is that a pussy ass dodge?

Rip-Hamilton32
12-31-2011, 06:52 PM
Lesnar panics under pressure I don't think it's that he can't take a hit I think it's more he's not used to it you can't simulate getting punched by 250 pound men in a few years when these other guys have been doing it since their teens, he gets hit and folds he has no heart or survival in him

The TroutBum
12-31-2011, 11:45 PM
Don't see how the UFC is going to hurt over Brock. Dana did exactly what he wanted to do...brought a guy in that was ultra popular in WWE and squeezed a shitload of money out of him.

You have to remember that this is both a sport and a business. Being a good businessman in a sport like this is two fold...on one hand you have the most skilled fighters in the world and on the other hand you have fighters that are not as skilled but popular. Why do you think White has kept Bisping's dumb ass around for as long as he has? It keeps the Brits ordering PPV's...just like keeping Brock around kept all his old fans from WWE ordering them.

I know why you feel the way you feel...I'd like it to be the best fighters and no gimmicks...but when you are talking about leaving millions of dollars on the table certain gimmicks are too lucrative to pass up.

One of the best and most well thought-out posts on this entire forum.

ace3g
01-01-2012, 03:48 AM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/1230/mma_e_overeem_b1_268.jpg

BlackSwordsMan
01-02-2012, 12:18 AM
http://i41.tinypic.com/6ghqpj.gif

dbreiden83080
01-02-2012, 12:20 AM
http://i41.tinypic.com/6ghqpj.gif

Her movie looks stupid as hell

But she's a looker..

BlackSwordsMan
01-02-2012, 12:22 AM
yeah its a female jason bourne but shes hot

The TroutBum
01-02-2012, 11:21 PM
I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers.

ace3g
01-11-2012, 05:30 PM
Dana just now on SportsNation (sounded pretty honest when he said it) when asked what is next for Brock: "I think he wants to be an analyst for Fox".

So do you think Brock would fit in that environment and would he do it?

dbreiden83080
01-11-2012, 11:21 PM
Dana just now on SportsNation (sounded pretty honest when he said it) when asked what is next for Brock: "I think he wants to be an analyst for Fox".

So do you think Brock would fit in that environment and would he do it?

He'd fit in fine but i doubt he'd do it..