PDA

View Full Version : Garrard cut

IronMexican
09-06-2011, 07:20 PM
Aww shit. Did not see det coming.

pawe
09-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Jags screwed him over. He could've started for a lot of teams if they just released him last year. Hell, I would've been happy if the cards got him instead of overpaying for a decent QB.

Niners should get him.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-06-2011, 08:03 PM
Jags screwed him over. He could've started for a lot of teams if they just released him last year. Hell, I would've been happy if the cards got him instead of overpaying for a decent QB.

Niners should get him.
Yeah I was just gonna say that. I'd take DRC + a 2nd round pick + Garrard over Kolb and a massive contract he doesn't deserve. Garrard is more proven than Kolb as it is, but now it's too late for him to make an impact anywhere.

I think Del Rio is a good (borderline great) coach who's team always out performs its talent level, but he's pretty immature the way he plays politics with certain players.

IronMexican
09-06-2011, 08:10 PM
Yeah I was just gonna say that. I'd take DRC + a 2nd round pick + Garrard over Kolb and a massive contract he doesn't deserve. Garrard is more proven than Kolb as it is, but now it's too late for him to make an impact anywhere.

I think Del Rio is a good (borderline great) coach who's team always out performs its talent level, but he's pretty immature the way he plays politics with certain players.

You don't think the 9 million he was scheduled to receive this season had anything to do with it? Jags are known as a cheap franchise.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-06-2011, 08:18 PM
I didn't see det part, but cutting Garrard isn't what I have a problem with, waiting this long to do it is what's immature. I think Del Rio knew all along he had no interest in using Garrard anymore, he'd publicly said how much Garrard annoyed him last year.

Veterinarian.
09-06-2011, 08:31 PM
DoK, sidin with a brotha quarterback

If this don't beat it all

pawe
09-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Yeah, they really screwed him over for cutting him this late. A lot of teams could've used him as a starter.
Niners, dolphins, colts?, redskins, seahawks and even the chiefs because of the reports that Cassel is banged up.

DeadlyDynasty
09-06-2011, 09:31 PM
dick move

Monostradamus
09-06-2011, 09:58 PM

Excuse me as I choke to death on the irony of this statement.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-06-2011, 10:04 PM
What's ironic about it? I've never disagreed with you about Matt Jones.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-06-2011, 10:10 PM
:lmao nevermind took me a sec to figure it out, you're still butthurt about Jeff Fisher :crybeing unfair:cry to Vince "The proven winner who's never won a playoff game" Young.

Monostradamus
09-06-2011, 10:29 PM
:lmao nevermind took me a sec to figure it out, you're still butthurt about Jeff Fisher :crybeing unfair:cry to Vince "The proven winner who's never won a playoff game" Young.

:lmao leave it to one of you guys to bring up vince young in a thread that has nothing to do with him.

How exactly could comments you made about Jack Del Rio possibly in any way humanly possible somehow become vince young related?

Monostradamus
09-06-2011, 10:30 PM
What's ironic about it? I've never disagreed with you about Matt Jones.

lol I'd search for past posts about it but I'm still laughing about how you're more obsessed with vince young than I am.

dirk4mvp
09-06-2011, 10:40 PM
sucks. Garrard is a black QB I actually like. Smart player who doesn't rely totally on his monkey athleticism (well, he's not freakishly athletic anyway). Even though he did shit all over the Steelers a few years ago.

i4MV5gCkQAY

I hope MJD can get out soon so he doesn't waste his prime playing for such a shit organization.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-06-2011, 10:58 PM
:lmao leave it to one of you guys to bring up vince young in a thread that has nothing to do with him.

How exactly could comments you made about Jack Del Rio possibly in any way humanly possible somehow become vince young related?
I was criticizing a coach who played politics and has favorites/players he's out to get, which you think is ironic because you think I intentionally deny the fact Fisher played politics and was out to get VY.

I had no idea what else it could be about seeing that I never disagreed with you about Matt Jones.

Monostradamus
09-06-2011, 10:59 PM
I had no idea what else it could be about seeing that I never disagreed with you about Matt Jones.

lol okay then

Lincoln
09-06-2011, 11:48 PM
i miss al michaels and john madden tbh, great fucking combination :cry

RGMCSE
09-08-2011, 11:56 PM
Couldn't agree more! How the hell do you call JDR a great coach? Hes not great, he's decent. JDR never had the pull to draft players he actually wanted so he gets a pass there. But he's an ok coach. Fact is if and when my Jags miss the playoffs Jack's done.

As for cutting Garrard I guess it's a dick move. Only because they made him go to a luncheon first then cut him afterwards. But honestly know one knows that Garrard started being a dick to his Oline and WRs talking shit about them in interviews. So he lost the team. This happened as he was stinking it up in preseason. Fact is Garrard was the starter and got every chance to stay the starter, he lost it. So the argument that they should have cut him earlier is illogical cause he was truly the starter. Garrard fucked up.

Trainwreck2100
09-09-2011, 12:00 AM
i miss al michaels and john madden tbh, great fucking combination :cry

collinsworth is so fuckin shitty :(