PDA

View Full Version : Was Tim's low 10FG attemps part of Pops game2 plan?

milkyway21
06-13-2005, 09:37 PM
Why Tim only had 10 FG attempts in game2? He had 22 FGs in game 1 made 10 of them. Bowen even had more FGs with 13. Tim usually have 16+ FGs in a game.

Rasheed did not block any of TD's FG down from that 6 blks he had in game 1.

Was that part of Pops' game 2 plan? Is Tim now the new David, would focus more on defense than offense(11 rbds;4 blks)? And leave the offense to his other teammates such as Manu & Tony?

Are we expecting more of a defensive Tim than offensive Tim in games 2 & 3...? :rolleyes

E20
06-13-2005, 09:39 PM
It's a consiparcy. Pop wants Manu to win Finals MVP. :lol

Kori Ellis
06-13-2005, 09:40 PM
I think you are overanalyzing it way too much. Sometimes other teammates are hot and Tim defers to them and gets less shots. Sometimes he gets easy looks and shoots more. There's no changing of the guard; don't expect to become a primarily defense only player at the age of 29. Maybe when he's 35.

milkyway21
06-13-2005, 09:43 PM
i saw that game twice, just forgot who was handling the ball when Tim had that 3-second violation once.

He was actually waiting for the ball or was someone supposed to take the shot for that one?

then, why was he standing in the middle?
Are set plays usually being followed, or they just go as they want it to be?

:rolleyes

grjr
06-13-2005, 10:21 PM
i saw that game twice, just forgot who was handling the ball when Tim had that 3-second violation once.

He was actually waiting for the ball or was someone supposed to take the shot for that one?

then, why was he standing in the middle?
Are set plays usually being followed, or they just go as they want it to be?

:rolleyes

Tony was dribbling around on that play and eventually shot it (and made it). Tim wasn't standing in the lane. He was actually trying to get out and someone (Rip?) was forcing him back in.

Oh, I forgot. Tim was only in the lane for 2 seconds when Nies blew the whistle on him. :lol Must have been a make-up call due somewhere.

beirmeistr
06-13-2005, 10:50 PM
Parker was dribbling. I believe Duncan had a mismatch with Billups and was posting up waiting for the pass but apparently Parker did not notice the mismatch.

mavsfan1000
06-13-2005, 10:52 PM
Tim will take over if the team is struggling.