PDA

View Full Version : Irony

Jimcs50
06-13-2005, 09:37 PM
It is ironic that the team(Detroit) that SA was playing when TD sprained his ankle is going to pay the price for letting that happen.

Had TD remained healthy, Nazr might not ever have developed into a quality starting center, Manu might not have ever taken hold of the reins of the team in TD's absence, and his confidence level would not be what it is now. TP would not have won the back to back double OT games on the West coast, and Pop might not have had the confidence in his two guards, in the same way he has now. The Spurs and Pop would have tried to win the old way, relying exclusively on TD at crunch time, and they might have lost those close games to Phoenix...who knows?

Now Detroit, who benefited from TD going down in that reg season game, are going to lose their bid at repeating, because of that injury.

Funny how things look bleak at times, but after waiting it out, you come to find out that some dark clouds do have a silver(and black) lining afterall.:)

TwoHandJam
06-13-2005, 09:44 PM
Nice insight but lets stop counting our chickens before they've hatched. All this talk as if we've already won the title is starting to get me spooked about a jinx.

ALVAREZ6
06-13-2005, 09:45 PM
Damn I forgot, that's right mofo's, Pistons are gonna have to pay a little price for that...unfortunately, the price is the trophy....you bitches can keep the belts!

Jimcs50
06-13-2005, 09:48 PM
Nice insight but lets stop counting our chickens before they've hatched. All this talk as if we've already won the title is starting to get me spooked about a jinx.

Twohand, do not worry, we do have 3 chickens(championships) in the bag.

There is no jinx possible that can keep our beloved Spurs from winning it all.

As one of my favorite play by play men, Chic Hearn used to say, it is in the fridge.

:)

Spurminator
06-13-2005, 09:50 PM
Star Wars esque, I tell you what.

Kori Ellis
06-13-2005, 09:51 PM
There is no jinx possible that can keep our beloved Spurs from winning it all.

As one of my favorite play by play men, Chic Hearn used to say, it is in the fridge.

Many Spurs fans are really overconfident. I hope it doesn't come back to bite them. I don't think that a "jinx" will cause it. But if the Pistons sack up and win the next two, then I don't everyone will be talking this way.

Spurs in Five.

Jimcs50
06-13-2005, 09:56 PM
Many Spurs fans are really overconfident. I hope it doesn't come back to bite them. I don't think that a "jinx" will cause it. But if the Pistons sack up and win the next two, then I don't everyone will be talking this way.

Spurs in Five.

If Detroit wins the next 2, there won't be enough overpasses in SA to accomodate all the jumpers in here.

It willnot happen, I think Detroit might win game 3, but Spurs will come back and win game 4 for sure.

This team has icewater in it's veins.

3 straight wins in Phoenix sold me on that.

King
06-13-2005, 10:05 PM

Spurs in Five.

Hell, if the Spurs lose one, people are going to change their tune. Remember the uproar when San Antonio dropped one to Phoenix after winning the first three? People were saying how much the series had swung back into Phoenix's favor, and how the Spurs were going to be lucky to get out of the series.

I'd never seen a team down 1-3 take so much control of a series.

50 cent
06-13-2005, 10:14 PM
If Detroit wins the next 2, there won't be enough overpasses in SA to accomodate all the jumpers in here.

It willnot happen, I think Detroit might win game 3, but Spurs will come back and win game 4 for sure.

This team has icewater in it's veins.

3 straight wins in Phoenix sold me on that.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Jimcs50
06-13-2005, 10:17 PM
Hell, if the Spurs lose one, people are going to change their tune. Remember the uproar when San Antonio dropped one to Phoenix after winning the first three? People were saying how much the series had swung back into Phoenix's favor, and how the Spurs were going to be lucky to get out of the series.

I'd never seen a team down 1-3 take so much control of a series.

Spurs fans are always waiting for that train wreck to happen....it is a classic example of what BF Skinner labled Operant Conditioning. We have had a lot more disappointments than championships....so we come to expect the worst.

Solid D
06-13-2005, 10:21 PM
Another interesting thing about Timmy's sprained ankle is that Rasho was playing, not Nazr and it was Rasho who pushed Rasheed Wallace in the back, causing Rasheed to land under Timmy's feet, causing Timmy to "turn" his ankle on Sheed's foot.

Now Rasho sits....strange "turn" of events.

Jimcs50
06-13-2005, 10:22 PM
Another interesting thing about Timmy's sprained ankle is that Rasho was playing, not Nazr and it was Rasho who pushed Rasheed Wallace in the back, causing Rasheed to land under Timmy's feet, causing Timmy to "turn" his ankle on Sheed's foot.

Now Rasho sits....strange "turn" of events.

Well, then Rasho DID earn his paycheck afterall.

T Park
06-13-2005, 10:49 PM
A series of unfortunate events.

What a strange movie.

DDS4
06-13-2005, 11:21 PM
*knocks on wood*

It would be double irony if Timmy sprains his ankle again.

So NO, this series is not in the fridge.

SequSpur
06-13-2005, 11:30 PM
Spurs in Four, don't be a puss.

Vashner
06-14-2005, 12:00 AM
Of course that's why they got Alanis to sing the opening... (isn't it ironic?)

mavsfan1000
06-14-2005, 12:06 AM
don't you think. :lol

Jimcs50
06-14-2005, 09:00 AM

good call.