09-07-2011, 01:37 PM
2001, 2002, 2008 ...... that's 3

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
09-07-2011, 01:48 PM
at least 4 based on my estimation...:lol
I see one, at most. My opinion....

2001 Spurs would have beaten Sixers.
2002 Kings would have beaten Spurs
2004 T-Wolves or Pistons would have beat Spurs, the latter for certain.
2008 Celtics would have beaten Spurs.

To be fair, How many titles did the Spurs cost the Lakers? Maybe 1.

1999 Lakers would have lost to Blazers
2003 If Lakers beat Mavs, yeah, they 4peat. This is your maybe 1.

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
09-07-2011, 01:58 PM
Oh yeah, forgot the earlier series they played. Lakers beat Spurs in WCF in 1982 and 1983 and Sixers would have won finals both years against SA. A couple more wins that decade were against weaker Spurs teams. In 1995, the Lakers would have lost to the Rockets.

Too bad George Gervin never made a finals. He was close when SA was in the east, 1979 I think, Spurs had lead in ECF against Washington and lost. 1981 SA was upset by Houston (40-42) in 2nd round and would have cakewalked in WCF against the KC Kings, who were 40-42. However, the Lakers weren't in their path in either season, they were eliminated by other teams.

baseline bum
09-07-2011, 02:02 PM
I see one, at most. My opinion....

2001 Spurs would have beaten Sixers.
2002 Kings would have beaten Spurs
2004 T-Wolves or Pistons would have beat Spurs, the latter for certain.
2008 Celtics would have beaten Spurs.

To be fair, How many titles did the Spurs cost the Lakers? Maybe 1.

1999 Lakers would have lost to Blazers
2003 If Lakers beat Mavs, yeah, they 4peat. This is your maybe 1.

I don't think there is any way the 2004 Wolves would have beaten the Spurs with both Cassell and Hudson injured. Would have been a hell of a Finals though with how deep that Pistons team was in 04.

Venti Quattro
09-07-2011, 02:20 PM
2001, 2002, 2008 ...... that's 3

midnightpulp
09-07-2011, 02:24 PM
Kevin

Don Nelson

ElNono
09-07-2011, 02:31 PM
Two Thousand

cheguevara
09-07-2011, 02:33 PM
actually without Kobe Spurs don't win 2003 and 2005

:lol

thanks Kobe

Ashy Larry
09-07-2011, 03:02 PM
I don't think there is any way the 2004 Wolves would have beaten the Spurs with both Cassell and Hudson injured. Would have been a hell of a Finals though with how deep that Pistons team was in 04.

tbh, that Lakers team wouldnt have beaten the TWolves with a healthy Cassell ...... best mid range shooter in the game at that time.

lefty
09-07-2011, 03:21 PM
tbh, that Lakers team wouldnt have beaten the TWolves with a healthy Cassell ...... best mid range shooter in the game at that time.
I agree

Nathan89
09-07-2011, 04:15 PM
You mean Shaq.

Deuce Bigalow
09-07-2011, 05:48 PM
You mean Shaq.

no, we mean Kobe

midnightpulp
09-07-2011, 07:36 PM
None, actually.

LkrFan
09-07-2011, 07:46 PM
None, actually.

Denial is a river in Egypt. :downspin:

Nathan89
09-07-2011, 07:46 PM
no, we mean Kobe

Okay

None, actually.

LkrFan
09-07-2011, 07:50 PM
You mean Shaq.

Kobe's done way more damage to the Spurs than Shaq has. Including the last L the Lakers dropped on your guys in the playoffs.

Kobe has done so much damage to the Spurs that you guys went out and got Bruce Lee Bowen to slow him down. :lol Did you guys load up to defend Shaq? In a word: Nope.

You were saying? :wakeup

midnightpulp
09-07-2011, 07:53 PM
Kobe's done way more damage to the Spurs than Shaq has. Including the last L the Lakers dropped on your guys in the playoffs.

Kobe has done so much damage to the Spurs that you guys went out and got Bruce Lee Bowen to slow him down. :lol Did you guys load up to defend Shaq? In a word: Nope.

Why would the Spurs need to load up to defend Shaq when they had two of best interior defenders in the league at the time?

Christ, you're a dumbass.

"I'll gladly take '08 Bynum over '03 Shaq."

crc21209
09-07-2011, 07:56 PM
You mean Shaq?

LkrFan
09-07-2011, 07:56 PM
Why would the Spurs need to load up to defend Shaq when they had two of best interior defenders in the league at the time?

Christ, you're a dumbass.

"I'll gladly take '08 Bynum over '03 Shaq."

You proved my point. The Spurs did NOT have to load up for Shaq. But they did for Kobe. Even after the Admiral retired, they still had to deal with Shaq. Did they go out and sign a great low post defender? No. So why would you guys conclude that Shaq did more damage to the Spurs than Kobe? It doesn't make sense.

And don't use the Lord's name in vain. Thanks.

LkrFan
09-07-2011, 07:57 PM
You mean Shaq?

Kobe is more responsible for the Spurs' demise than Shaq. Kobe owns Spur real estate. :lol

crc21209
09-07-2011, 07:57 PM
Shaq cost the Spurs a chance at titles in 2000, 2001, and 2002. In 04' Fisher cost the Spurs. Kobe AND Gasol cost the Spurs in 2008, so the answer to your question is one title.

Giuseppe
09-07-2011, 07:58 PM
Kobe is more responsible for the Spurs' demise than Shaq. Kobe owns Spur real estate. :lol

Exhibit A:::

Kobe: 5

tired old shit bag Merlin: 4

Nathan89
09-07-2011, 07:59 PM
Unlikely to win in 08 so it doesn't count.

Nathan89
09-07-2011, 08:02 PM

Retarded post.

Koolaid_Man
09-07-2011, 08:21 PM

excellent post....:toast

Koolaid_Man
09-07-2011, 08:22 PM

you on point my nigga :lol

midnightpulp
09-07-2011, 08:35 PM
You proved my point. The Spurs did NOT have to load up for Shaq. But they did for Kobe. Even after the Admiral retired, they still had to deal with Shaq. Did they go out and sign a great low post defender? No. So why would you guys conclude that Shaq did more damage to the Spurs than Kobe? It doesn't make sense.

And don't use the Lord's name in vain. Thanks.

Lol. Of course they did, especially when the likes of Terry Porter, Danny Ferry, an ancient Steve Smith and an ancient Sean Elliott are your primary perimeter defenders.

And they only had to deal with Shaq for one year after Robinson retired. I'm sure if Shaq would've stayed, the Spurs would've tried their damndest to acquire another low-post defender. Besides, 7 footers who can defend the post don't grow on trees.

And I concede Kobe did more damage to the Spurs than Shaq, because by having both Duncan and Robinson, the Spurs matched up decently with him, negating the extreme advantage Shaq had inside over pretty much every team in the league. Meanwhile, on the perimeter, Kobe got to feast on Terry Porter and the like. When Bowen arrived, he kept Kobe below or at his season averages in '02, '03 (Kobe was awful against the Spurs in '03), and '04 (Kobe did go off in '08, however). Just because Shaq didn't do as much damage doesn't mean he was the inferior player, just that Spurs could counter his presence more effectively.

Deuce Bigalow
09-07-2011, 08:36 PM
2001, 2002, 2008

Deuce Bigalow
09-07-2011, 08:38 PM
Unlikely to win in 08 so it doesn't count.

anything can happen in a playoff series
so it does count

In game 1 of the 2008 WCF, the Spurs were up by 20 points in the 3rd quarter. looked liked the better team, then you know what happened next, kobe time, burned the spurs again like he did earlier in the decade

Venti Quattro
09-07-2011, 08:53 PM
I correct my previous post, I guess only 2. Looking back, no one would've beaten Boston in 2008.

JoeTait75
09-07-2011, 08:54 PM
I correct my previous post, I guess only 2. Looking back, no one would've beaten Boston in 2008.

Cleveland would have had LeBron not shit his pants in Game One.

LkrFan
09-07-2011, 09:38 PM
Lol. Of course they did, especially when the likes of Terry Porter, Danny Ferry, an ancient Steve Smith and an ancient Sean Elliott are your primary perimeter defenders.

And they only had to deal with Shaq for one year after Robinson retired. I'm sure if Shaq would've stayed, the Spurs would've tried their damndest to acquire another low-post defender. Besides, 7 footers who can defend the post don't grow on trees.

And I concede Kobe did more damage to the Spurs than Shaq, because by having both Duncan and Robinson, the Spurs matched up decently with him, negating the extreme advantage Shaq had inside over pretty much every team in the league. Meanwhile, on the perimeter, Kobe got to feast on Terry Porter and the like. When Bowen arrived, he kept Kobe below or at his season averages in '02, '03 (Kobe was awful against the Spurs in '03), and '04 (Kobe did go off in '08, however). Just because Shaq didn't do as much damage doesn't mean he was the inferior player, just that Spurs could counter his presence more effectively.

Kobe is 24-20 against TD. Shaq is 18-14.

Source (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=bryanko01&p2=duncati01)

That mean Kobe handed out more ass kickings than Shaq did. I mean, they both kicked TD's ass, Kobe just did it more and for a longer period of time.

/Thread

:downspin:

LkrFan
09-07-2011, 09:43 PM
excellent post....:toast

:toast

LkrFan
09-07-2011, 09:44 PM
you on point my nigga :lol

:lol

midnightpulp
09-07-2011, 10:50 PM
Lol at anyone saying '01. The Spurs lost every game by an average of around 20 points. And no, not because "Kobe was teh awZsome," more because Derek Fisher missed like one 3 over the series, averaging 15 points per game on something like 75% shooting. His shooting was unreal in that series. Kobe played great (any top tier guard would against Terry Porter and Danny Ferry) but he wasn't the primary reason the Spurs got their ass handed to them. It was a combination of Shaq's inside presence, Derek Fisher going unconscious, and Kobe Bryant being able to feast on a woefully ineffective perimeter defense.

Kobe homers would have a point if every game was close and the Lakers needing each and every one of Kobe's points to win, but that wasn't the case. In the closest game, which was decided by 7 points, Kobe scored 28 points on 46% shooting, about his season average. Just because he stat padded in the blowout games (lol at playing 40 minutes in a game decided by 39 points), doesn't mean Kobe was the reason the Spurs lost the series. Exchange him for any top 3 perimeter player from that time, and the results would be the same. Lakers win, Spurs lose.

Deuce Bigalow
09-07-2011, 10:54 PM
Lol at anyone saying '01. The Spurs lost every game by an average of around 20 points. And no, not because "Kobe was teh awZsome," more because Derek Fisher missed like one 3 over the series, averaging 15 points per game on something like 75% shooting. His shooting was unreal in that series. Kobe played great (any top tier guard would against Terry Porter and Danny Ferry) but he wasn't the primary reason the Spurs got their ass handed to them. It was a combination of Shaq's inside presence, Derek Fisher going unconscious, and Kobe Bryant being able to feast on a woefully ineffective perimeter defense.

Kobe homers would have a point if every game was close and the Lakers needing each and every one of Kobe's points to win, but that wasn't the case. In the closest game, which was decided by 7 points, Kobe scored 28 points on 46% shooting, about his season average. Just because he stat padded in the blowout games (lol at playing 40 minutes in a game decided by 39 points), doesn't mean Kobe was the reason the Spurs lost the series. Exchange him for any top 3 perimeter player from that time, and the results would be the same. Lakers win, Spurs lose.

Kobe averaged 33.3 ppg,7 rpg,7 apg on 51% shooting in the 2001 WCF
just saying....

midnightpulp
09-07-2011, 11:03 PM
Kobe is 24-20 against TD. Shaq is 18-14.

Source (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=bryanko01&p2=duncati01)

That mean Kobe handed out more ass kickings than Shaq did. I mean, they both kicked TD's ass, Kobe just did it more and for a longer period of time.

/Thread

:downspin:

Lebron James has a 10-5 advantage over Kobe in head to head matchups, not to mention much better stats.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=jamesle01&p2=bryanko01

If you weren't retarded, you'd understand how ridiculous it is to give a single player credit when their team beats another team.

Oh, and Steve Nash and Dirk Nowitzki have scoreboard on your hero in the playoffs. I know, I know, "B-B-But Kobe was playing with Smush and Kwame." I can just as easily say that Duncan and Robinson were playing with Danny Ferry and Terry Porter.

When the day finally comes that you wipe Kobe's jizz off your face (odds are that day will never come, since you enjoy Kobe's discarded DNA crawling around on your face too much, but I can hope), you'll realize that evaluating players based head to head records doesn't make the least bit of sense.

midnightpulp
09-07-2011, 11:08 PM
Kobe averaged 33.3 ppg,7 rpg,7 apg on 51% shooting in the 2001 WCF
just saying....

And he stat padded in every game but one in that series. Lol at playing 40 min so that he can in and fill up the stat sheet in a 39 point blowout.

If you actually watched that game, you'd know Kobe shouldn't have even played the 4th quarter. But he probably begged Phil to go in so could "dominate" Danny Ferry.

Deuce Bigalow
09-07-2011, 11:09 PM
And he stat padded in every game but one in that series. Lol at playing 40 min so that he can in and fill up the stat sheet in a 39 point blowout.

If you actually watched that game, you'd know Kobe shouldn't have even played the 4th quarter. But he probably begged Phil to go in so could "dominate" Danny Ferry.

you mad?

midnightpulp
09-07-2011, 11:12 PM
you mad?

Nope.

LkrFan
09-08-2011, 12:38 AM
Lebron James has a 10-5 advantage over Kobe in head to head matchups, not to mention much better stats.
LeBron also leads the Bronze Medal count 1-0. What's your point? Kobe beat the team that ousted LeHype (Boston) en route to numero cinco.

If you weren't retarded, you'd understand how ridiculous it is to give a single player credit when their team beats another team.
Not so retarded as Kobe getting the blame when the Lakers lose. I mean, they got swept by the Mavs. Was it Kobe's fault? I mean this is a team game... ;)

Oh, and Steve Nash and Dirk Nowitzki have scoreboard on your hero in the playoffs. I know, I know, "B-B-But Kobe was playing with Smush and Kwame." I can just as easily say that Duncan and Robinson were playing with Danny Ferry and Terry Porter.
They won a few battles against Kobe. But it is still Kobe: 5, Nash/Dirk: 1. :lol

When the day finally comes that you wipe Kobe's jizz off your face (odds are that day will never come, since you enjoy Kobe's discarded DNA crawling around on your face too much, but I can hope), you'll realize that evaluating players based head to head records doesn't make the least bit of sense.

Kobe Bean is a MAJOR reason why he has an overall winning percentage against TD. That's why you will continually see me give him his props. And no, I don't do jizz on my face. Only people with tongue rings enjoy that kind of stuff. :downspin: