PDA

View Full Version : Dick Cheney tells GOP candidates to watch their mouths.

JoeChalupa
09-07-2011, 04:56 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/09/dick-cheney-tells-republican-presidential-candidates-to-watch-their-mouths/

LOS ANGELES — Former Vice President Dick Cheney isn’t picking sides in the battle for the 2012 Republican Presidential nomination, but in a remarkably candid interview with ABC News in Los Angeles, he had blunt words about the current field of GOP candidates.

Cheney accused Rick Perry of using “over-the-top” rhetoric, chided Michele Bachmann for overpromising on the campaign trail and said that Jon Huntsman’s views on Afghanistan hew too closely to President Obama’s.

The comments came in far-ranging interview with ABC’s Jonathan Karl where Cheney discussed, at length, his health problems, criticism of his book and reflected on the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks.

But on the politics of today, Cheney said it was “inappropriate” for Perry to say that he would treat Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke “pretty ugly down in Texas.”

“I disagree with him,” Cheney said. “Obviously he’s just getting started on the campaign. I’m not sure if he were to get elected he’d want to use that kind of language on the Fed Chairman.”

While Cheney acknowledged that “you don’t want somebody at the Federal Reserve who’s managing the place, quote ‘for politics,’ he said the charge that Ben Bernanke or his predecessor Alan Greenspan have done that “isn’t a valid charge.”

I don't see Perry shutting down his gunslingin' tone.

greyforest
09-08-2011, 10:29 AM
I would think by now people would understand that any politician's rhetoric is completely vapid, without any meaning

Oh, Gee!!
09-08-2011, 10:33 AM
about the only thing I respect about dubya is his willingness to stay out of the national spotlight now that he's no longer in politics. wish i could say the same about cheney.

boutons_deux
09-08-2011, 11:11 AM
Boutons Tells War Criminal and Traitor Dickhead To Watch His Lying Mouth

Boutons, badass bitch-slappin' bastard on the infamous Spurstalk political forum, told dickhead to quit lying, even this week, by linking WTC to Saddam.

JoeChalupa
09-08-2011, 11:44 AM
I would think by now people would understand that any politician's rhetoric is completely vapid, without any meaning

I wouldn't go that far.

JoeChalupa
09-08-2011, 11:45 AM
about the only thing I respect about dubya is his willingness to stay out of the national spotlight now that he's no longer in politics. wish i could say the same about cheney.

Two totally different personalities and we all know Cheney was the real POTUS.

boutons_deux
09-08-2011, 12:17 PM
GF, you misstate.

vapid and meaningless is not what describes a politicians' rhetoric. It's always aimed at winning favor with campaign contributors, the largest of which are the "voting-with-their-dollars" wealthy and UCA, not Human-Americans whose voting-booth votes ARE meaningless.

boutons_deux
09-08-2011, 12:29 PM
Military officials ignored Cheney’s 9/11 shoot-down order

Newly published audio this week reveals that Vice President Dick Cheney's infamous Sept. 11, 2001 order to shoot down rogue civilian aircraft was ignored by military officials, who instead ordered pilots to only identify suspect aircraft.

That revelation is one of many in newly released audio recordings compiled by investigators for the 9/11 Commission, published this week by The Rutgers Law Review. Featuring voices from employees at the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) and American Airlines, the newly released multimedia provides a glimpse at the chaos that emerged as the attack progressed.

Most striking of all is the revelation that an order by Vice President Dick Cheney was ignored by the military, which saw his order to shoot down aircraft as outside the chain of command. Instead of acknowledging the order to shoot down civilian aircraft and carrying it out, NORAD ordered fighters to confirm aircraft tail numbers first and report back for further instructions.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/09/08/military-officials-ignored-cheneys-911-shoot-down-order/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29