PDA

View Full Version : Now it's six errr five(?) Big 12 schools that are retaining rights to sue...

Blake
09-07-2011, 05:16 PM
The departure of Texas A&M from the Big 12 hit another bump Wednesday afternoon when six schools retained their legal rights to pursue litigation against the SEC for interference, according to the Waco Tribune-Herald.

The schools were Iowa State, Baylor, Kansas, Kansas State, Texas Tech and Missouri, the Tribune-Herald reported. However, according to RedRaiderSports.com, Texas Tech is not among the group. None has given Texas A&M its blessing.

“There has been no waiver of any legal rights,” Iowa State spokesman John McCarroll, told The Des Moines Register.

“At least half, if not the majority are going to reserve their rights to litigation,” a source told CBSSports.com. “Unless you’ve got great options that would not be a wise document to sign.”

It appears the institutions have less interest in suing the SEC than it does in maintaining the Big 12. If Oklahoma, which is considering bolting for the Pac-12, commits to the Big 12, the schools are expected to sign the waiver that would give Texas A&M the freedom to join the SEC. The SEC presidents have agreed to accept the Aggies as long as there are no pending legal issues.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2011-09-07/iowa-state-retains-legal-rights-to-sue-sec-big-12-baylor#ixzz1XJ7b9lGN

So the 5, 6 schools are going to dangle this thing in front of OU, basically trying to blackmail them into sticking around.

lmao just when I think it cant get any better, it just keeps delivering more goods, literally by the minute.

:tu

Sisk
09-07-2011, 05:19 PM
Tech isn't one of the schools refusing to sign the waiver according to both Chris Level and Chip Brown. According to Chip, neither is Missouri. Level deals directly with the chancellor at Tech, and he said the Waco Trib report is absolutely inaccurate.

Sounds to me like Baylor is trying to create a PR illusion by trying to list as many people as being on their side as possible.

Tech said this morning it had no reason to sue, and it was reiterated in a bunch of tweets after the Waco article. Sounds like the president and chancellor at Tech aren't too happy with the Waco Trib right now, which probably got it's info from Baylor.

It is Chip Brown, but yeah. I'm not buying that mizzou or tech are suing. Iowa St. and Baylor are the most believable.

pkbpkb81
09-07-2011, 05:27 PM
Holy fuck I hope the powers that be at OU tell them to fuck off and die

Sisk
09-07-2011, 05:30 PM
Holy fuck I hope the powers that be at OU tell them to fuck off and die

They will. That's the point of saying "we'll wait for OU" imo. They know they wont commit to the b12 so they can sit there and act like they gave it a chance when all they really wanted was a legal battle.

Blake
09-07-2011, 05:31 PM
It is Chip Brown, but yeah. I'm not buying that mizzou or tech are suing. Iowa St. and Baylor are the most believable.

Nobody is suing anyone at the moment........probably not at all.

johngateswhiteley
09-07-2011, 05:39 PM
So the 5, 6 schools are going to dangle this thing in front of OU, basically trying to blackmail them into sticking around.

lmao just when I think it cant get any better, it just keeps delivering more goods, literally by the minute.

:tu

this is pretty crazy. i wonder if they are simply threatening, or is there real bite behind this bark.

ChumpDumper
09-07-2011, 05:44 PM
this is pretty crazy. i wonder if they are simply threatening, or is there real bite behind this bark.I'm sure actual lawyers are determining the possibilities.

Sisk
09-07-2011, 05:51 PM
I'm sure actual lawyers are determining the possibilities.

Why do you come to forums if you don't want to have a discussion? :rolleyes

ChumpDumper
09-07-2011, 05:53 PM
Why do you come to forums if you don't want to have a discussion? :rolleyesI'm discussing the hilarious pomposity of certain Aggie posters.

Sisk
09-07-2011, 05:55 PM
I'm discussing the hilarious pomposity of certain Aggie posters.

Whatever makes you happy.

ChumpDumper
09-07-2011, 05:57 PM
Whatever makes you happy.It does make me quite happy tbh.

rjv
09-07-2011, 08:34 PM
according to gig em 24/7, baylor and others are going to back down.

Brutalis
09-07-2011, 11:43 PM
Did they do this when Nebraska left? This is more than hilarious, it's embarrassing.

ChumpDumper
09-08-2011, 03:34 AM
Yes, maintaining the intrastate rivalry with Nebraska was paramount.

johngateswhiteley
09-08-2011, 07:49 AM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/6941542/baylor-bears-biggest-obstacles-texas-aggies-join-sec

pretty good article, really.