PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Sports and Entertainment Job Fair

ashbeeigh
09-08-2011, 12:08 PM
I'm sure a lot of y'all are fans of the Spurs and SpursU on facebook, but if not this popped up this morning.

http://www.wnba.com/silverstars/promotions/career_fair.html

Sounds like a good deal if you want to spend the money on it.

cantthinkofanything
09-08-2011, 12:11 PM
Just to clarify, it looks like Whites only (no racist)

http://www.wnba.com/silverstars/photos/110901_careerfair.jpg

ashbeeigh
09-08-2011, 12:16 PM
Just to clarify, it looks like Whites only (no racist)

http://www.wnba.com/silverstars/photos/110901_careerfair.jpg

Why would you even turn this into a race thread? Good lord.

cantthinkofanything
09-08-2011, 12:20 PM
Why would you even turn this into a race thread? Good lord.

Sorry. I thought that you were baiting me to do that.

PakiDan
09-08-2011, 12:29 PM
wow.... leave it to SS&E to turn a career fair into a ploy to sell Silver Stars tickets... what a fucking crock. All of those employers do FREE career fairs and as far as SS&E... if you do make the cut, most positions have a 'probationary' period where you are paid shit... I was paid $500 a month... I've said this before, but look around the stadium when you're at a game. Every employee is like under 22 and doughy eyed. They are there for the 'awe' of working in the NBA... but believe me, it's all fart and no shit. If you have bills and responsibilities, don't bother. If you are still riding on mommy and daddies check book, have at it!

Viva Las Espuelas
09-08-2011, 12:30 PM
Well there are two white people. Could be a tea party duo. <shrugs>

baseline bum
09-08-2011, 12:38 PM
LOL paying $25 for a Whataburger interview.

ashbeeigh
09-08-2011, 12:51 PM
Sorry. I thought that you were baiting me to do that.

No. You were wrong.

cantthinkofanything
09-08-2011, 01:19 PM
No. You were wrong.

Well at least it didn't get turned into a butthole thread.
Or maybe you'll day it did.

In any event, my bad.

ashbeeigh
09-08-2011, 01:21 PM
Well at least it didn't get turned into a butthole thread.
Or maybe you'll day it did.

In any event, my bad.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1Rser3mB7gnCHeXzf3tzDWKCUtXS7D UPDFZLjcC5teibh1UGp0w

cantthinkofanything
09-08-2011, 01:22 PM
Fucking hell. Now I sound like an idiot.

I meant "say".

ashbeeigh
09-08-2011, 01:24 PM
Fucking hell. Now I sound like an idiot.

I meant "say".

Even though I have my moments, I stay away from the race threads. That's why I think a lot of people have dropped off. I wouldn't intentionally turn anything into a race thing.

Das Texan
09-08-2011, 01:28 PM
:lol @ the spurs organization.

good way to raise some money, cause they wont be having those revenue streams this winter.

cantthinkofanything
09-08-2011, 01:31 PM
Even though I have my moments, I stay away from the race threads. That's why I think a lot of people have dropped off. I wouldn't intentionally turn anything into a race thing.

I guess this probably wasn't the best forum to do it in. But I think the photo of the two white people bears some attention. If you picked two random people out of San Antonio looking for a job, you don't end up with these two.

ashbeeigh
09-08-2011, 02:45 PM
I guess this probably wasn't the best forum to do it in. But I think the photo of the two white people bears some attention. If you picked two random people out of San Antonio looking for a job, you don't end up with these two.

Even in random sampling there is bias. Shit happens.

Not to mention that could be a stock photo provided to them by the NBA.

Bender
09-08-2011, 02:49 PM
or we could look at it as those two people are some of the managers & directors that are doing the hiring...

cantthinkofanything
09-08-2011, 02:51 PM
Not to mention that could be a stock photo provided to them by the NBA.

What?

I just noticed how huge her (the girl in the pic) right hand looks. Maybe she has gigantism.

baseline bum
09-08-2011, 02:58 PM
At least the drink voucher means you can get shitfaced during your Whataburger interview.

cantthinkofanything
09-08-2011, 03:07 PM
At least the drink voucher means you can get shitfaced during your Whataburger interview.

If I'm at a Whataburger interview, I'm already shitfaced.

PakiDan
09-08-2011, 05:56 PM
[QUOTE=baseline bum;5401011]At least the drink voucher means you can get shitfaced during your Whataburger interview.[/QUOTE

You get shitfaced off of 1 drink??

ashbeeigh
09-08-2011, 06:19 PM
What?

I just noticed how huge her (the girl in the pic) right hand looks. Maybe she has gigantism.

as in it was clipart.

baseline bum
09-08-2011, 07:23 PM

You get shitfaced off of 1 drink??

You gotta make it count with a double Everclear.

PakiDan
09-08-2011, 07:51 PM
I'm sure a lot of y'all are fans of the Spurs and SpursU on facebook, but if not this popped up this morning.

http://www.wnba.com/silverstars/promotions/career_fair.html

Sounds like a good deal if you want to spend the money on it.

I totally missed this the first time around.... but how in hell could this possibly sound like a good deal!? It's a ticket selling ploy thought up in the mind of some underpaid 19 year old. He'll probably collect all of the resumes submitted for SS&E and use them as scratch paper!