PDA

View Full Version : FIBA Americas Semi-Finals 10/09/2011 (BRA x DOM and ARG x PUR)

BRs.Ganso
09-09-2011, 10:58 PM
http://www.mardelplata2011.com/

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1pAJ_jYeeKeuCr0mKVoZQDiLX9_gTd 4DkJUs-fTeYJAQg20ecMvu_iUI_eA

Brazil x Dominician (19h Brasilia and Mar del Plata time)
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRaAGtYZlhb5fzZo1Kqel-KY-P_zM2P-1K2Pl6p50DkbO2arHqw8XwfS_zm-w

Argentina x Puerto Rico (21h Brasilia and Mar del Plata time)the winners will be qualified to 2012 London olympics

Lets Go Brazil! :toast

spurs4real
09-10-2011, 01:18 AM
What time?

ElNono
09-10-2011, 02:08 AM
Brazil x Dominician (6PM ET)
Argentina x Puerto Rico (8PM ET)

spurs4real
09-10-2011, 10:49 AM
Thanks

ElNono
09-10-2011, 06:48 PM
BRA 83 - DOM 76

Brazil goes to the Olympics!

Spurs Brazil
09-10-2011, 06:52 PM
Great game!!!

We're finally back. Huertas is a fantastic player

SplitterHook
09-10-2011, 06:53 PM
this was disgusting. you couldn't TOUCH horford and the PF there on dominicana

2 of our big mans fouled out and the other two ended with 4 fouls!

anyway, http://rlv.zcache.com/dont_cry_for_me_argentina_mark_sanford_postcard-p239076618929619302qibm_400.jpg

ElNono
09-10-2011, 06:54 PM
Not crying for Brazil, tbh. I want them and ARG to go to London. We love Magnano, he is a great coach!

SplitterHook
09-10-2011, 06:54 PM
^^ I mean the public on the gymnasium. They were mad while we celebrated!

huertas is a fucking genius. he's playing with freaking horrible bigmans outside of splitter, you can see how nervous he gets when anyone else is setting screens for him. he's forced to be a scorer but he succeeded, thanks to god!

ElNono
09-10-2011, 06:56 PM
^^ I mean the public on the gymnasium. They were mad while we celebrated!

:lol what do you expect? It's still Brazil. But Magnano got an ovation on almost every game. Deep down I'm sure they're glad he made it. Heck, I'm sure some would love to see him coaching ARG.

ElNono
09-10-2011, 06:56 PM
Plus for Spurs fans there's the Splitter angle. He's been kind of weak offensively but his defense has been ok.

Spurs Brazil
09-10-2011, 06:58 PM
:lol what do you expect? It's still Brazil. But Magnano got an ovation on almost every game. Deep down I'm sure they're glad he made it. Heck, I'm sure some would love to see him coaching ARG.

Actually I'd love to see him with Pop in San Antonio.

I hope Argentina win now. Manu deserves another Olympic game

ElNono
09-10-2011, 06:59 PM
Congrats!

ginobili fan
09-10-2011, 07:16 PM
Is still Argentina as good as the past ?
I mean do someone know if they still can be on top with usa, spain...

SplitterHook
09-10-2011, 07:22 PM
I'm cheering for argentina too. Puerto Ricans bball players are a disgrace.

I was just mentioning the fact that they felt affected by our celebration when in reality argentian players and brazilian players are great friends, for some reason.

SplitterHook
09-10-2011, 07:23 PM
On a good day argentina can beat anyone, but I doubt they can win a medal in the next Olympic Games. They're too old.

There's only one player on this team bellow the age of 30. It's a 27 yo player...

They'll need to rejuvenate the NT a bit..

ElNono
09-10-2011, 07:28 PM
They're on a farewell tour... basically, they could upset somebody on a good day, and they'll try to get a medal, whatever color, but much like the Spurs, it's more about saying goodbye than anything else.

Scola en fuego early.

Ice009
09-10-2011, 07:31 PM
Can you watch any of these games online legally?

ElNono
09-10-2011, 07:34 PM
Can you watch any of these games online legally?

ESPN3.com if you have a supported ISP

Ice009
09-10-2011, 07:42 PM
ESPN3.com if you have a supported ISP

Doesn't seem to be supported as I am overseas. Thanks anyway.

SplitterHook
09-10-2011, 07:48 PM
ice009 if there isn't anyone broadcasting the game in your country then any stream is legal for you according to international laws. :)

BRs.Ganso
09-10-2011, 08:03 PM
Splitter was a big trash in this championship... thank you Popovich

buuuuuuuuuut

Brazil will go to London!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:lol:lol

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin
:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin
:rollin
:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

SplitterHook
09-10-2011, 08:21 PM
wow this coach from PR needs to be shot in the leg. what a fucking MORON

his team opened a 8 point lead but the crowd got into the game after a made basket and he let his team suffer until argentina scored 8 straight points!

What a HUGE moron.

SplitterHook
09-10-2011, 08:27 PM
damn what a crowd!

if not for them I don't know Arg would've qualified.

Anyway, now the coach from PR needs to be shot on his body.

He's playzing ZONE AGAINST ARGENTINA AYEUHAEHUEAHUEAHUEA

argentina scored 4 triples in a ROW.

what an amazingly dumb coach.

Bruno
09-10-2011, 08:50 PM
What a fun game.

The guy wearing the #5 white jersey is quite good.

Bruno
09-10-2011, 09:09 PM
Great game. Argentina almost choked but they are going to London. Congrats. However, they better find some new blood, especially at the C spot, for next year.

And Barea sucks.

bbarry
09-10-2011, 09:11 PM
barea sucks dick. lol

ElNono
09-10-2011, 09:13 PM
lol Barea

Good for these guys. They deserved one more Olympics game.

SplitterHook
09-10-2011, 09:22 PM
Congrats argies. See you in London '12.

Damn, what an incredibly dumb coach. He told the players to not foul in the last possession until they 6s left hahahhahaha

argentina was 1 up so even if the argentinian player made both they still would have enough time to execute a called play from 3.

What a huge huge huge moron.

and yeah, barea sucks, fuck you barea!

ElNono
09-10-2011, 09:25 PM
Argentina has better chances than weak teams like Greece to win a medal, but I don't think they have a shot at the very top teams. Especially with back to back to back games.

ElNono
09-10-2011, 09:26 PM
This old fogies Argentine team is total weak sauce. ZERO chance they can win a medal in 2012.

Why u mad? They just steamrolled to London.

How did Greece do with Russia today, btw?

SplitterHook
09-10-2011, 09:27 PM
This old fogies Argentine team is total weak sauce. ZERO chance they can win a medal in 2012.

how about greece?

these old fogies as you put it would HUMILIATE greece in London.

because greece sucks.

fact

:hat

SplitterHook
09-10-2011, 09:28 PM
btw this was the 9th game in 11 days for argentina and the other teams

they are old yeh but with a lighter schedule they would do great as they were doing in the first games of the tourney.

ElNono
09-10-2011, 09:28 PM
Not bad for a farewell tour, tbh

Ice009
09-10-2011, 09:29 PM
How was Manu? What are the main weaknesses of Argentina these days? I would have thought they'd beat PUR by more.

Splitterhook, do you not like Argentina? I like both Argentina and Brazil. Only started watching Brazil last year in the WC because of Splitter. I thought Huertas was AWESOME in that tournament. You think he is good enough for the NBA? I think he is. Not real pleased with Splitter's play offensively looking at stats. How has he been defensively?

ElNono
09-10-2011, 09:29 PM
Yeah, and they had a very short rotation with Nocioni out. Oberto might not make it to London though. Not sure he can even stay in shape not playing.

ElNono
09-10-2011, 09:31 PM
How was Manu? What are the main weaknesses of Argentina these days? I would have thought they'd beat PUR by more.

Splitterhook, do you not like Argentina? I like both Argentina and Brazil. Only started watching Brazil last year in the WC because of Splitter. I thought Huertas was AWESOME in that tournament. You think he is good enough for the NBA? I think he is. Not real pleased with Splitter's play offensively looking at stats. How has he been defensively?

Main weaknesses are poor centers, and long legs after a marathon of games. Kammerichs isn't long enough to guard 7 footers, Oberto is basically retired, and Gutierrez is a good 7 footer, but don't have the balls of the rest.

Gutierrez will probably be the starting center in London.

ElNono
09-10-2011, 09:33 PM
Manu was pretty good. 23 points, 6 assists and raining ridiculous 3's. He did have some bad decisions, touch fouls and 4 turnovers. But the positives outdid the negatives, per usual.

Puerto Rico is a good team. Barea and Arroyo complement well. One shoots, the other penetrate. Balkman gives them an athletic guy out there that hustles. They have good 3 point shooters too.

SplitterHook
09-10-2011, 09:39 PM
ice009, naturally I don't like Argentina but particulary today I was cheering for them because I hate puerto rican players (all).

they're like the greece from the americas. :)

Huertas is a monster. He's the best PG outside the NBA. He and Splitter led a small team to beat Barcelona's rubio a couple of times and Splitter got the MVP but without hueartas' amazing PnR he wouldn't get all the credit he got on his offense. (he's great defensively, tho).

Anyway, huertas always dominated Rubio and pretty much every european PG.

But he just signed with Barcelona this year so he wont be in the NBA which is a damn shame since his style of play is perfect for the NBA.

He manages to make brazil a "good" offensive team playing with almost zero space due to our roster's deficiency so imagine him with good offensive players in the NBA.. lol.

SplitterHook
09-10-2011, 09:45 PM
btw, don't judge splitter 'cause of these games.

He's basically brazil's only center. and our second option offensively. so in most games he got in foul trouble early trying to fight all the others bigmans in rebounds, because our players don't even know how to box out.

before the argentinian Magnano brazil signed we were just a SSOL team, with zero defense, zero rebound effort.

Brazil was playing SSOL in the 80's lol.

So yeh, him, huertas and alex are the only ones good defensively and offensively.

Mel_13
09-10-2011, 09:49 PM
What a great night for Argentina and Brazil and for all their players and fans. :toast

Also a good night for Spurs fans as we will get to see Manu and Tiago in London next summer without them having to go through an additional qualification tournament. Hopefully Tony can get France to the Eurobasket Finals and qualify directly as well.

As a fan, I'm so happy for Manu and Fabricio. What a great reward for all their years on the NT to be able to qualify for the Olympics on their home soil. It must be a tremendously gratifying feeling for those two. And if tomorrow is Fabricio's last game in an Argentina jersey, then what a wonderful way to say farewell.

ElNono
09-10-2011, 09:50 PM
Brazil might also get back Nene and Barbosa. Althought Magnano might opt to go to war with these guys that qualified.

GB20
09-10-2011, 09:50 PM
i am worried about tiago. the spurs must find another big man who can score.

ElNono
09-10-2011, 09:53 PM
Oh, add Varejão to that list.

GB20
09-10-2011, 09:54 PM
Brazil might also get back Nene and Barbosa. Althought Magnano might opt to go to war with these guys that qualified.

i think brazil play much better with out barbosa, he takes too many shots and kill the offense.

Ice009
09-10-2011, 10:37 PM
Manu was pretty good. 23 points, 6 assists and raining ridiculous 3's. He did have some bad decisions, touch fouls and 4 turnovers. But the positives outdid the negatives, per usual.

Puerto Rico is a good team. Barea and Arroyo complement well. One shoots, the other penetrate. Balkman gives them an athletic guy out there that hustles. They have good 3 point shooters too.

Thanks. Didn't think Puerto Rico were that good. Who's Balkman? The NBA player?

ice009, naturally I don't like Argentina but particulary today I was cheering for them because I hate puerto rican players (all).

they're like the greece from the americas. :)

Huertas is a monster. He's the best PG outside the NBA. He and Splitter led a small team to beat Barcelona's rubio a couple of times and Splitter got the MVP but without hueartas' amazing PnR he wouldn't get all the credit he got on his offense. (he's great defensively, tho).

Anyway, huertas always dominated Rubio and pretty much every european PG.

But he just signed with Barcelona this year so he wont be in the NBA which is a damn shame since his style of play is perfect for the NBA.

He manages to make brazil a "good" offensive team playing with almost zero space due to our roster's deficiency so imagine him with good offensive players in the NBA.. lol.

Thanks for the info. When is the final? Should be an awesome game. Great that both Argentina and Brazil made it.

btw How old is Huertas? Does he have an opt out clause if an NBA team is interested in him? Is he even interested in the NBA? I'd love for the Spurs to take a look at him.

btw, don't judge splitter 'cause of these games.

He's basically brazil's only center. and our second option offensively. so in most games he got in foul trouble early trying to fight all the others bigmans in rebounds, because our players don't even know how to box out.

before the argentinian Magnano brazil signed we were just a SSOL team, with zero defense, zero rebound effort.

Brazil was playing SSOL in the 80's lol.

So yeh, him, huertas and alex are the only ones good defensively and offensively.

Magnano is an awesome coach. Why did he stop coaching Argentina anyway?

If they were playing SSOL before he came then I don't think I would have liked watching Brazil play, but like I said, I watched them in the WC last year and I guess Magnano started to make him imprint on the team as they were trying to play the right way. He hasn't been there long and I guess you will keep seeing the progression, and Brazil will keep improving as they learn to play the way he wants them to play, which is the right way to play IMO.

BRs.Ganso
09-10-2011, 10:40 PM
i think brazil play much better with out barbosa, he takes too many shots and kill the offense.

agreed

and Barbosa when he backs, he need to start with bench, and stop shooting like a crazy lady.

Alex Garcia (former Spurs) did a great defensive job on Francisco Garcia (Kings), he tried only 5 shots in 34 minutes in court.

Ice009
09-10-2011, 10:56 PM
Of course Huertas is good enough for the NBA. What the hell kind of question is that? Anyone of the good players in Europe can easily play in the NBA. Stop overrating the NBA so much.

It is not all that good at all.

I know he is good enough on offense, easily good enough, but I don't know how good he is defensively and that is where some of the European players struggle when getting to the NBA.

ElNono
09-10-2011, 11:30 PM
They have no chance to win an Olympic medal with this team. And if Greece is weak, then so is Argentina. Argentina is definitely a weak team if that is the standard.

Is Greece even in the Olympics yet?

The Greek-American team would be lucky to avoid Argentina in the group stage.

VSpan can't guard Prigioni, and much less Sanchez.

Argentina has many more chances to win a medal than the Greek-Americans.
The problem for Argentina is that not every team is as weak as Greece.

ElNono
09-10-2011, 11:34 PM
Thanks. Didn't think Puerto Rico were that good. Who's Balkman? The NBA player?

Yes, the NY Knicks dude.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_7dr7U5IGTwI/SpNndgYWndI/AAAAAAAAAU8/kD8UFokHUms/s320/nba_g_balkman_195.jpg

Thanks for the info. When is the final? Should be an awesome game. Great that both Argentina and Brazil made it.

Sunday, 8PM ET. They should be able to play more relaxed since they're both qualified, although it's a pride type of game, so it should be fun.

Magnano is an awesome coach. Why did he stop coaching Argentina anyway?

He basically felt he maxed out with that team after the gold medal. He's more interested in coaching and building a team. He's done a heck of a job with Brazil, IMO.

ElNono
09-10-2011, 11:37 PM
Greece's C team would beat this Argentina by 10 points. You guys are a joke and are totally in a dream world.

Argentina will struggle to get past the group stage at the Olympics.

If Argentina would struggle to get past the group stage, then Greece shouldn't even make it to the Olympics, tbh.

What has the Greek-American won at the Olympics again?

ElNono
09-10-2011, 11:38 PM
Of course Huertas is good enough for the NBA. What the hell kind of question is that? Any of the good players in Europe can easily play in the NBA. Stop overrating the NBA so much.

It is not all that good at all.

It's the best league in the World. That's why a lot of Argentina and Brazilian players are there, and no Greek players.

ElNono
09-10-2011, 11:40 PM
Huertas is damn good but he is not close to being the best point guard "outside the NBA".

Hello...........

Teodosic
Spanoulis
Diamantidis

Sorry, I love Huertas and he is one my favorite players and yes he is a total beast. But you are on serious crack if you think he is as good as those three guys.

Huertas runs circles around those guys.

Huertas is a leader, clutch, and more importantly has balls, something none of those guys have.

ElNono
09-10-2011, 11:42 PM
BTW, you really need to broaden your basketball knowledge to players in Europe. Yes, Huertas is a great player. He has always been one of my favorites.

But he's not the best point guard in Europe.

Teodosic, Spanoulis, Diamantidis are better. And in Euroleague there are some other guys that are in the same level about. Of course you could count Teodosic as a SG and Diamantidis as a SF if you wanted because they play there on defense.

Lies!, tbh

Huertas > Prigioni > Rubio >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Diamantidis > Teodosic > Spanoulis.

SplitterHook
09-10-2011, 11:53 PM

It's tomorrow. I'm not sure it'll be a great game because probably players from both teams will celebrate together tonight in Buenos Aires haha. :whine

I know brazilian players will because we did not qualified for the olympic in the past 4 editions (16 years).

btw How old is Huertas? Does he have an opt out clause if an NBA team is interested in him? Is he even interested in the NBA? I'd love for the Spurs to take a look at him.He's 26 and i'm not sure he have such clause but if I had to guess I'd say no.

I was hopping for Splitter to make an impact in his first year then expecting spurs org to think "oh, this guy is good so lets sign that other guy from his spanish team" haha
Unfortunately it wont happen. But them running the 2nd team would be great.

You can watch him working the PnR against Team USA here:

MklXaNsyl8U

Brasil could've won that game... It was very close... By far the toughest game in USA run to the world title last year.

But later brazil was eliminated by Argentina but he dropped 32 points that game... Only short of Scola who dropped 35...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RjxZSs4l6g

Magnano is an awesome coach. Why did he stop coaching Argentina anyway?Only an argentinian could answer that. But the crowd loved him.. Huge ovations everytime he was introduced...

If they were playing SSOL before he came then I don't think I would have liked watching Brazil play, but like I said, I watched them in the WC last year and I guess Magnano started to make him imprint on the team as they were trying to play the right way. He hasn't been there long and I guess you will keep seeing the progression, and Brazil will keep improving as they learn to play the way he wants them to play, which is the right way to play IMO.To be fair a spanish coach started changing the team's mentality. We won the copa america in 2007 with the NBA players but he got sick and left on year after. The magnano came and changed the culture of the team.

and it wasn't even ssol, it was just "let's shoot from 3 and hope it goes in"

Now if he can convince barbosa to play for the team holding his stupid shots then the team would improve...

Varejão will come back for '12 Olympics but I'm not sure Nene will ever play for the NT again...

SplitterHook
09-10-2011, 11:55 PM
He basically felt he maxed out with that team after the gold medal. He's more interested in coaching and building a team. He's done a heck of a job with Brazil, IMO.
oh, that's the real reason then...

but he surely is doing a heck of a job with Brazil.

Manu-of-steel
09-11-2011, 01:49 AM
In the latest turn of events, the mighty Greece lost to Russia in the FIBA Europe.

Mel_13
09-11-2011, 02:10 AM
Brazil-DR replay on ESPN2 right now. To be followed by Argentina-PR.

The Argentina-Brazil championship game will be broadcast live on ESPN2 at 7PM Central Time on Sunday.

DMC
09-11-2011, 02:31 AM
lol no European teams in the FIBA championship. lol Greece.

SplitterHook
09-11-2011, 03:28 AM
In the latest turn of events, the mighty Greece lost to Russia in the FIBA Europe.

oh really? But I bet it was a close game decided on the last possession right?

like 71-70 in favor of the lucky russians...

will_spurs
09-11-2011, 04:11 AM
oh really? But I bet it was a close game decided on the last possession right?

like 71-70 in favor of the lucky russians...

Exactly. I mean, assuming FIBA introduces a 16-point last possession, it was. They might do that for Greece.

Mel_13
09-11-2011, 06:43 AM
The Italian-Polish-German "Argentine" team is a joke.

Look at the whole freaking team. 90% of the whole freaking national team is Italian. You have to steal all your players from Italy.

Freaking pathetic joke those Italian "Argentines".

Every single player on the Argentina roster was born in Argentina.

Spurs Brazil
09-11-2011, 07:00 AM
Congrats to Argentina. great game, I'm very happy for Manu and Faricio

Barbosa must stay away from Brazil NT. He' a choker and doesn't play defense. Anderson will be back and I'd consider Nene but not Barbosa

And finally: FUCK BAREA :lol

arles
09-11-2011, 08:35 AM
The Italian-Polish-German "Argentine" team is a joke.

Look at the whole freaking team. 90% of the whole freaking national team is Italian. You have to steal all your players from Italy.

Freaking pathetic joke those Italian "Argentines".

http://inb4.im/4ch/g/src/1282549731838.png

Mel_13
09-11-2011, 12:54 PM
Every single player on the Argentina roster was born in Argentina.

BRs.Ganso
09-11-2011, 01:55 PM
the news in world of basketball

''Greece attempted to bribe referees''

what a shame :greedy:greedy:wow:wow

ElNono
09-11-2011, 02:41 PM
Pepe lepuke POS Sanchez played in Panathinaikos you idiot. I have seen him play 10 times more than you have in your whole life. I have seen him play in person more times than you have seen him play on TV.

He was never half as good as Prigioni and he was never 1/10 as good as Spanoulis.

Pepe lepuke was one of the worst point guards to play in Panathinaikos in the last 15 years. He was never fit to lick the spit off the shoes of a player like Spanoulis.

Do you actually think that your bull shit will go unnoticed here when this Pepe lepuke played for years in Euroleague and even on Panathinaikos?

He is not even near the level of someone like Prigioni. My God you are such an insane fan boy troll.

A semi-retired Sanchez is a serviceable backup to Prigioni. Spanoulis wouldn't make the cut in this Argentina team. 5'5 Quinteros is probably better than him. What has VSpan ever won at the NT level?

ElNono
09-11-2011, 02:42 PM
They are all Italians. Argentina produced nothing. Italy produced it all with help from Germany and Poland.

They are a team of Nazi defectors. No Argentine players at all.

All born in Argentina. Greek-American team can't say the same.

lol needing American born players to pad the A-team roster and still suck

ElNono
09-11-2011, 02:47 PM
They are all Italians.

PERIOD

It is the Italian "Argentines".

Not only they're all proud to be born in Argentina, all of their parents have been born in Argentina.

:lol Greek-American
:lol homemade greek sucks
:lol more broke than a 3rd world country like Argentina
:lol swimming back home from the FIBA Euros

Venti Quattro
09-11-2011, 03:09 PM
Huertas runs circles around those guys.

Huertas is a leader, clutch, and more importantly has balls, something none of those guys have.

They are willing to have Huertas' balls in their mouths.

MmP
09-11-2011, 03:36 PM
They are all Italians.

PERIOD

It is the Italian "Argentines".
This post must be the most idiotic post in years. Please save it into your computer.

A semi-retired Sanchez is a serviceable backup to Prigioni. Spanoulis wouldn't make the cut in this Argentina team. 5'5 Quinteros is probably better than him. What has VSpan ever won at the NT level?
C'mon. Spanoulis would probably start. I love to have spanoulis, he's a great player.

ElNono
09-11-2011, 03:43 PM
C'mon. Spanoulis would probably start. I love to have spanoulis, he's a great player.

17% shooter from 3 point land (at least in the NBA). I think even Sanchez can do better than that, and he sucks at shooting. This is what we're talking about.
And you know how dependent ARG was on the 3 pointer.

He's a scrub, that's why he never made it in the NBA.

ElNono
09-11-2011, 03:48 PM
Come on, who would you take?

This guy:
2RDTF7Kgr4c

Or this guy:
sxL8L9_tJDw