PDA

View Full Version : anyone else get sad when they sell a car?

Drachen
09-10-2011, 10:35 PM
Just sold my 02 Buick rendezvous that I bought 5 days after my daughter was born. She was a good truck and really comfortable. It was also our first big purchase as a family. Also since I know I am going to get it from someone, let me start it off; yes, I know I am a wuss.

CuckingFunt
09-10-2011, 10:43 PM
I've only sold one car before, and I was happy to be rid of it. Had a certain sentimental appeal to me, just because it was my first car, but it was a 17-year-old beater at the time and I was replacing it with a much nicer car.

Will hate to say goodbye to my current car, though. It's the kind that's not anywhere near nice enough to hold onto for either sentimental or investment value, but I really love it and I've always felt it suits me well. In the almost ten years I've owned it, I've only once been tempted to trade it in and the only car that even remotely piqued my interest at the time was a (then) brand new version of the same exact car that my dealership had available for a good price.

Drachen
09-10-2011, 11:12 PM
Well my wife is walking around glaring at me (and fighting back tears). Did I mention that we are within two weeks of her due date?

Bender
09-10-2011, 11:26 PM
only car I regret selling, out of the many I've owned, was my '68 firebird.

Frenzy
09-11-2011, 01:21 AM
Cars can be indeed an emotional attachment. I have parted ways with about 4 cars in my life time,but none were tear jerkers.
However I have an old beat up Buick in my garage I refuse to sell or give to a junk yard. Works fine just the vanity side is long gone. Lots of good times in,on and around that car. I plan to be buried in it :lol

Drachen
09-11-2011, 01:26 AM
not a tear jerker, but definitely sad. It is, however, being replaced (ATM) with a little of the excitement of having a newer car. I found a 2003 elantra with 123000 miles on it and standard (FUCK YEAH) for the same amount that I sold the rendezvous for.

DMC
09-11-2011, 02:39 AM
I've never held sentimental value in a vehicle. I have always traded in, never sold one privately. I can see why you do though.

In fact, I don't hold sentimental value in objects at all. Not intentionally though, I just never felt that objects or photos were important. Dogs and babies.. those I hold dear.

silverblk mystix
09-11-2011, 04:44 AM
I only feel that way about guitars...

sometimes I let one go...and I only hope she goes to a good home...

Bender
09-11-2011, 10:44 AM
this thread got me thinking....

by my count, I've owned 13 cars, and 7 motorcycles.... could have forgotten a few too...

Drachen
09-11-2011, 01:49 PM
well I am close to pulling the trigger on an 04 elantra with 75k on it. Gotta look at one last one.

Bender
09-11-2011, 03:09 PM
got an elantra with 95k on it. runs great.

Drachen
09-11-2011, 03:50 PM
Got it... 4100

DJ Mbenga
09-11-2011, 06:11 PM
you must be a fan of that chevy truck commercial where the fool pays more to fix the thing than its worth. must have been a symptom of the concussion he had.

Drachen
09-11-2011, 06:13 PM
you must be a fan of that chevy truck commercial where the fool pays more to fix the thing than its worth. must have been a symptom of the concussion he had.

huh?

mavs>spurs
09-11-2011, 06:55 PM
i only felt a bit sad when i took my first-ever flight 2 america, knowing that i would never return back home but such feeling was overwhelmed by ecstasy the moment i had my first step on this land. happy to be livin in america, as an immigrant tho

mavs>spurs
09-11-2011, 06:58 PM
i think most chinks don't feel sad at all even when they have to sell their kids for financial reasons or their 1-child policy or so on...

Drachen
09-11-2011, 10:34 PM
((can't tell if rogue))

Drachen
09-11-2011, 11:28 PM
anyone have any suggestions as to a good cheap stereo with bluetooth and an aux input?

phyzik
09-12-2011, 02:04 AM
I'd be sad to sell my car....

If I DID sell it, it would only be for an upgrade.... Maybe a CTS-V at the least.

Ed Helicopter Jones
09-12-2011, 10:02 AM
I was sad when I sold a pickup that I drove throughout my college days. It was just a cheap Dodge Ram, but it had a lot of chrome accents and big tires and I thought it was pretty great at the time. I had a lot of great memories from that truck.

I've had conversations with my vehicles when I've either traded them in or sold them, explaining the reasoning for doing so and that they'll be moving on to bigger and better things. Case in point, when I sold my truck I told her she'd be moving on to someone who would drive her a lot more than I did, use her for what she was built for, and that she'd be taken care of and happy.

I saw her about 5 years later and the landscaper I sold her to was still driving her. I was pretty happy to see she was still on the road. True, her tailgate was smashed, and the bed was beaten up from hauling gravel, the shocks were totally gone and the chrome was rusted and the paint all chipped and peeling. But at least she wasn't relegated to 3rd vehicle status like she was for me, collecting dust on the driveway. I walked up to her, and when she realized it was me she looked at me and told me to go fvck myself.

Good times.