PDA

View Full Version : Fiesta Texas

Soul_Patch
09-11-2011, 10:18 AM
Whoa....this place has really went to the dumps.

We were bored yesterday and decided to give it a shot. Both my wife and I haven't been since around 1998 or so, and we thought our son would enjoy it. Since season passes were just slightly more than a day pass, and we could do this package deal and get 4 with a bunch of other stuff, we went ahead and did that, thinking it would be nice to have somewhere to go when we are bored. 200 dollar mistake.

The place looks like some abandon amusement park that some people just took over and started working. Over half of the stuff was closed and/or broken. Gift shops completely shut own and abandon, the water park dried up...trash and junk everywhere. Whole place smelled like garbage / piss / random stinky shit...

Ill be surprised if the place doesn't shut down for good soon. Was pretty disappointed with it.

Bender
09-11-2011, 10:41 AM
Was pretty disappointed with it.
we kind of figured that! :lol

I haven't been there since the early 2000s

Dex
09-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Whoa....this place has really went to the dumps.

We were bored yesterday and decided to give it a shot. Both my wife and I haven't been since around 1998 or so, and we thought our son would enjoy it. Since season passes were just slightly more than a day pass, and we could do this package deal and get 4 with a bunch of other stuff, we went ahead and did that, thinking it would be nice to have somewhere to go when we are bored. 200 dollar mistake.

The place looks like some abandon amusement park that some people just took over and started working. Over half of the stuff was closed and/or broken. Gift shops completely shut own and abandon, the water park dried up...trash and junk everywhere. Whole place smelled like garbage / piss / random stinky shit...

Ill be surprised if the place doesn't shut down for good soon. Was pretty disappointed with it.

Surprised to hear about this. I haven't been to Fiesta Texas in probably five years, and while it wasn't nearly what I remembered it to be as a kid, I don't remember it falling into that much disrepair.

I just remember sitting and people watching....all the kids who were obviously having the time of their life, being followed around by all the adults who obviously were not.

As for the water park, they've always shut that down after summer. Their calendar shows that 9/3 was the last weekend it would be open, so maybe you just had bad timing there.

Fiesta Texas went downhill after Six Flags bought them out. Sure, it was nice to finally get some new rides after like ten years of nothing, but they also took away the Christmas season with all of the lights and shows and stuff, and that used to be one of my favorite times to go.

CubanSucks
09-11-2011, 01:55 PM
that place is perfectly fucking fine. I went there about a year ago in the summer and it was great. Absolutely no better or worse than Over Texas so I don't know what you expect

fraga
09-11-2011, 02:06 PM
What were you expecting...Universal Studios...

ChuckD
09-11-2011, 02:54 PM
LOL buying season passes after summer. Go next year in June or July. Shit won't be all boarded up and closed.

MannyIsGod
09-11-2011, 03:01 PM
Yeah I don't get why you would buy a season pass this late in the year....

Cane
09-11-2011, 03:38 PM
God help us all :p:

Slydragon
09-11-2011, 04:10 PM
I would go when it first open and last time was about 2 years ago, and to me it seem pretty much the same just more crowded and new rides.

Das Texan
09-11-2011, 05:35 PM
if its like sea world the pass is for the rest of this year and for next year. so its smart really.

i heard fiesta texas was kinda like teenage hip hop/gangsta paradise now.

oh crap
09-11-2011, 06:08 PM
haven't been there in years, but have lots of fond memories going as a kid.

ChuckD
09-11-2011, 06:14 PM
if its like sea world the pass is for the rest of this year and for next year. so its smart really.

If that's the case, then I retract my LOL, but you still need to go in the summer if you want shit (concessions, water park) to be open.

Soul_Patch
09-11-2011, 08:29 PM
Yeah I don't get why you would buy a season pass this late in the year....

They are good for the rest of this year and all of next year...so its basicaly a season and a half pass.

I get that it is off season, but the place is a wreck...you would just have to go check it out to see what i am talking about.

Its almost depressing.

Soul_Patch
09-11-2011, 08:30 PM

Yea, there is plenty of this...

It is seriously like Six Flags forgot they own this place and they just let it go...Kiddy park on broadway is better maintained.

Creepn
09-11-2011, 09:55 PM

lol how is that possible? I thought more than half of the park's theme is like 50's to 60's culture. Haven't been there in forever though.

PakiDan
09-11-2011, 11:05 PM
I have season passes this year and have been several times this summer. What park were you visiting???? Nothing was closed, it was pretty clean and we had a great time. It's still expensive as hell to buy food and such, but I didn't experience anything like what you posted...

CubanSucks
09-11-2011, 11:58 PM
I have season passes this year and have been several times this summer. What park were you visiting???? Nothing was closed, it was pretty clean and we had a great time. It's still expensive as hell to buy food and such, but I didn't experience anything like what you posted...

:tu

Lincoln
09-12-2011, 12:03 AM
Over Texas>

CubanSucks
09-12-2011, 12:12 AM
Over Texas>

besides the more Mexican theme to the more Looney Toon theme they're the SAME DAMN THING

Lincoln
09-12-2011, 12:47 AM
besides the more Mexican theme to the more Looney Toon theme they're the SAME DAMN THING

except over texas has better rides.

Xevious
09-12-2011, 02:51 AM
I went to both Over Texas and Fiesta Texas this year and both were fine. Arlington obviously has a bigger park with more rides, but neither were dirty or run down. The kids had a good time.

CubanSucks
09-12-2011, 03:11 AM
except over texas has better rides.

I agree slightly. I'd say that if The Titan weren't there then they'd be perfectly even, but GOTDAMN that thing kicks your ass. So a slight advantage on rides for Over Texas

Soul_Patch
09-12-2011, 07:35 AM

Either we have vastly different ideas of what is run down and trashy, or they just completely let the place fall apart after the summer rush...either way im not exaggerating.

Go take a look at the reviews on tripadvisor as well, they pretty much mirror what i said.

Cuppycake Gumdrop
09-12-2011, 07:51 AM
Yeah but did you experience any discrimination there cuz of your douchey facial hair?

MannyIsGod
09-12-2011, 08:02 AM
They are good for the rest of this year and all of next year...so its basicaly a season and a half pass.

I get that it is off season, but the place is a wreck...you would just have to go check it out to see what i am talking about.

Its almost depressing.

oh that seems like a good deal provided the park is decent next year. Probably an off season thing.

baseline bum
09-12-2011, 12:22 PM
I haven't been in about 10 years. Are any of the roller-coasters put in since then good?

TacoCabanaFajitas
09-12-2011, 12:33 PM

Same, I went during our visit in April and don't ever remember thinking it was dirty or run-down. Had a great time with the wife and kid

Ginobilly
09-12-2011, 03:29 PM
Everybody remember the good ole Jokers Revenge ride from Fiesta Texas? That thing would give you a concussion after the ride was over.

Dex
09-12-2011, 10:39 PM
Everybody remember the good ole Jokers Revenge ride from Fiesta Texas? That thing would give you a concussion after the ride was over.

That ride didn't mess around. From the jump-start to the crazy, backward turns that would slam your head against the rubber "headrests", to the super brakes at the end.

Good times. :tu

Dex
09-12-2011, 10:47 PM
Remember the original Rattler? That was the coaster that got me into coasters. I was anti-coaster until the day that I conquered that thing (probably from all of the rumors of the crash test dummy whose head got taken off in the tunnel). It was notoriously herky-jerky and only gave you a lap bar for that sense of semi-protection.

Years later (when Six Flags took over I think), they renovated the ride to make it a little smoother and also added strap belts as well. I'm not sure how it runs these days though.

CubanSucks
09-12-2011, 11:23 PM
Remember the original Rattler? That was the coaster that got me into coasters. I was anti-coaster until the day that I conquered that thing (probably from all of the rumors of the crash test dummy whose head got taken off in the tunnel). It was notoriously herky-jerky and only gave you a lap bar for that sense of semi-protection.

Years later (when Six Flags took over I think), they renovated the ride to make it a little smoother and also added strap belts as well. I'm not sure how it runs these days though.

they also shortened the main drop by like 20 feet. I remember back when I was a little kid I got to ride it before they did that and being happy that I got to experience the headache before they pussified it

baseline bum
09-12-2011, 11:39 PM
they also shortened the main drop by like 20 feet. I remember back when I was a little kid I got to ride it before they did that and being happy that I got to experience the headache before they pussified it

I think it only lasted a season before they started taming it. It was great that first year though.

Das Texan
09-13-2011, 08:32 AM
That first year of the Rattler was fucking amazing. Easily one of the best coasters I had ever ridden.