PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 in Every Position

mavsfan1000
06-14-2005, 02:53 AM
What do you think are the top 5 players in every position?

BigDaddyMatty
06-14-2005, 04:33 AM
In no particular order (when players are healthy or not suspended)
pgs: Nash, Bibby, Baron Davis, JKidd, AI
2guards: Kobe, Manu, Wade, Redd, Ray Ray
sfs: LBJ, Pierce, Tmac, Kirilenko, Artest
pfs: Timmy, Kg, JOneal, Dirk, Brand
ctr: Shaq, Yao, BMiller, Big Ben, Amare (though he should be a pf)

mavsfan1000
06-14-2005, 11:29 AM
PG Nash, B. Davis, J. Kidd, T. Parker, C. Billups
SG K. Bryant, D. Wade, V. Carter, R. Allen, M. Ginobili
SF T. Mcgrady, Lebron James,A. Kirilenko, R. Artest(if playing), S. Marion
PF T. Duncan, K. Garnett, D. Nowitzki, A. Stoudemire, J. O'Neal
C Shaq, Y. Ming, B. Wallace, B. Miller, T. Chandler

1Parker1
06-14-2005, 11:54 AM
What has Bibby done to warrant him being on that list after this past season?

mavsfan1000
06-14-2005, 12:49 PM
Yeah. Bibby did suck in the playoffs but he was playing heavy minutes all year that wore him down. Bobby Jackson was a big part of that team. I made changes for that list.

1Parker1
06-14-2005, 01:17 PM
:lol much better. I don't care how many minutes Bibby played...look at Steve Nash! That's no excuse, and he wasn't even playing that great in the regular season.

mavsfan1000
06-14-2005, 03:00 PM
:lol much better. I don't care how many minutes Bibby played...look at Steve Nash! That's no excuse, and he wasn't even playing that great in the regular season.
Have you watched Sacramento this year? Bibby was one of only 2 playing well for them. Brad Miller is the other. Iverson and Bibby didn't quite make it because they don't make other players better.

mavsfan1000
06-14-2005, 11:53 PM
Iverson sucks on defense.
Iverson sucks on passing and turnovers
Parker is more solid.
Iverson is the perfect player for mediocrity. He will shoot you in a game and he will shoot you out of a game.

TheTruth
06-15-2005, 12:27 AM
What has Bibby done to warrant him being on that list after this past season?
I don't have any doubt that Tony will be a top 3 (if not #1) pg after next year, but I think that Bibby has to do alot more to help his team win. He has had some huge playoff runs for the Kings. He was all alone this year.

BigDaddyMatty
06-15-2005, 12:30 AM
I don't have any doubt that Tony will be a top 3 (if not #1) pg after next year, but I think that Bibby has to do alot more to help his team win. He has had some huge playoff runs for the Kings. He was all alone this year.
I agree with most of what you said. I think that Tony will be the best PG in the league in the next 2-3 years. I just think that Bibby is the better player right now.

mavsfan1000
06-15-2005, 12:34 AM
I am not to impressed with Bibby. He definetely benefited from the Princeton offense which gives the ball more to C or PF. He struggled big time without B. Miller and C. Webber. He is more of a shooting guard in a point guard mixed but not that quick. He is a liability on defense also.

Medvedenko
06-15-2005, 01:13 PM
Bibby on the Spurs will be just as good as Parker on the Spurs....I don't believe Parker will be a top 2-3 point in the years to come...

Cant_Be_Faded
06-15-2005, 03:49 PM
anyone who thinks mike bibby is good is fucking stupid

name one clutch moment or important game where he stepped up

he's a stiff, yes his jumper is silky smooth, but he's a fucking stiff
defensive liability as well

like shaq said

NOONE talked about this kid before he came to sacramento yet hes doing the same exact stuff now

Cant_Be_Faded
06-15-2005, 03:54 PM
Iverson sucks on defense.
Iverson sucks on passing and turnovers
Parker is more solid.
Iverson is the perfect player for mediocrity. He will shoot you in a game and he will shoot you out of a game.

yeah right....he plays defense just as good as any other point guard...are you serious????

i dont know about parker being more solid, theyre both really different players. Iverson made HUGE strides this season changing his game, now that he finally had some athleticism by his side. Iverson may be called mediocre, but his shooting took the sixers to a finals and he earned himself the award that said he was the best player for that season....

mavsfan1000
06-15-2005, 03:56 PM
Surround him with Mutombo and a whole bunch of great defenders and Larry Brown as coach that in the east and there you go. Most of his teammates don't like him and were glad to leave. Webber is the new guy who wants to leave. The 2 most overrated players. When Iverson and Marbury played together at the Olympics that was why we lost. 2 guys who can't defend the perimeter.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-15-2005, 05:35 PM
okay, but like you said, surround him with great DEFENDERS. Someone had to score the points...would u rather Iverson have been dishing the entire time to great defenders in their title run year?

and if you actually watched the olympics, you'd realize Marbury sucked wayyyyy more than Iverson....Marbury practically did nothing!
Iverson was easily the most consistent jump shooter on the entire team...he busted zones left and right with his mid range jumper..Something we had a very hard time doing with anyone else (carmelo was too much of a young worthless bitch to committ to team play so tried to play carmelo ball more than team usa ball)

Iverson does shoot too much, he is selfish, but in the past he's had to be because of who he's surrounded by. I think he's grown up....instead of just good defenders, this past year he had good athletes, and he started dishing it like no other again...

You can't say we lost the olympics because of Marbury and Iverson together, you must not have watched the games.

Iverson was the one who won the exhibition game against Germany. He was the one who hit timely jump shots to soften those stupid zone defenses...

Marbury was the stiff, along with Carmelo...Jefferson and Marion blew too

Dre_7
06-15-2005, 07:37 PM
C Shaq, Y. Ming, B. Wallace, B. Miller, T. Chandler

Cant belive you dont have Erik "the second best center" Dampier on that list!!! :lol :lol

mavsfan1000
06-15-2005, 10:42 PM
Cant belive you dont have Erik "the second best center" Dampier on that list!!! :lol :lol
I try to be non bias.

TheIf Of jUStiCE
06-15-2005, 11:07 PM
C - Wallace, Shaq, Yao, Miller, Chandler(fill in)
PF - Duncan, Stoudemire, Garnett, Nowitzki, Oneal(fill in)
SF - Bowen, Carter, Lewis, Kirelinko, James
SG - Kobe, McGrady, Peirce, Ginobili, Wade(fill in)
PG - Kidd, Nash, Parker, Iverson, any other point guard but Mike Bibby(fill in)

1Parker1
06-16-2005, 10:40 AM
I agree with most of what you said. I think that Tony will be the best PG in the league in the next 2-3 years. I just think that Bibby is the better player right now.

You guys are crazy! How'd Bibby do against Seattle in the first Round? How did Parker do?

1Parker1
06-16-2005, 10:46 AM
Also, you argue that Parker has Duncan, Bibby has no one and that they play in different systems---well that can be said for every PG in the league! If you go by that rule, you wouldn't be able to compare anyone. Parker has shown that he can dominate a game by himself and hit clutch shots (See 05 Game vs Warriors, without Duncan and Manu). I don't think Bibby is as talented. He clearly has a better jumpshot, I'll give u the obvious. But he isn't as aggressive as Parker or any of the other PG's on that list and he has yet to show me that he can step up in huge games.

1Parker1
06-16-2005, 10:49 AM
And Mavsfan, You have to have AI on your list of PG's. He can't be a great defender because of his size and because he spends 99% of his energy on the offensive end because of the team that he has. His "selfish" play has earned him oh, about 7-8 assists on average for the 2004-2005 season. If you've watched him at all this season, you can see that he's changed his game a lot and has really matured.

mavsfan1000
06-16-2005, 11:25 AM
If you have the ball 40-50% of the time and playing 48 minutes you will get alot of assists. Unfortunately a great player makes his teammates better and Iverson makes too many mistakes on bad shot selection and bad passing. A great player makes his teammates better a la Nash. If you studied his efficiency you would understand. I picked players who could take a team to a championship if having the right players.

1Parker1
06-16-2005, 11:55 AM
If you have the ball 40-50% of the time and playing 48 minutes you will get alot of assists. Unfortunately a great player makes his teammates better and Iverson makes too many mistakes on bad shot selection and bad passing. A great player makes his teammates better a la Nash. If you studied his efficiency you would understand. I picked players who could take a team to a championship if having the right players.

He's a PG, of course he's going to have the ball in his hands 40-50% of the time! Nash makes his players better? Who is on his team...Amare, Marion, JJ. Who is on the freaking Sixers team? Webber?...Willie Green? Even Nash couldn't make them better. A great player leads by example and carries his team when the going gets tough. Which is what AI does with his heart, clutchness, and stamina. I'll give you the TO's, AI has a lot. But the ill-advised shots? Well, for every ill-advised shot he takes, he makes up for it with some sort of great play or shot. Sure, a great player makes his team-mates better, but the opposite holds true also. Having great team-mates makes an indivual player better. Nash has those kind of team-mates. AI doesn't.

mavsfan1000
06-16-2005, 12:31 PM
All that I know is he is a small shooting guard who can't play point guard. You need a real point guard like Jason Kidd to make Iverson effective. Iverson couldn't play any other way than being the man. He had is shot with getting Webber more involved. I know that if you want a championship team the last player you would pick would be Iverson. He is not a great passer and that is big. Marbury also has alot of assist but that doesn't make him a great passer.

1Parker1
06-16-2005, 12:37 PM
:lol AI would be the last person you'd want on ur championship building team?? Well, I'm sure the Lakers, Rockets, Heat, heck, even the MAVS would take him up in a second if they could...

mavsfan1000
06-16-2005, 12:42 PM
Top 5 Players with stats without results
1. Allen Iverson
2. Chris Webber
3. Steve Francis
4. Stephon Marbury
5. Lamar Odom