PDA

View Full Version : Rasheed:game 3 it's the bad boys' turn

milkyway21
06-14-2005, 03:04 AM
:D

http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/basketball/nba/img8562233.jpg
Will Rasheed Wallace and the Pistons have to relinquish the title belt?

Detroit knows it must win at home Tuesday night and reverse the momentum, or it may as well not even suit up for Game 4.

With that in mind, pay particular attention to what Rasheed Wallace muttered before exiting San Antonio's SBC Center for potentially the final time this season:

"It was the good ol' boys against the bad boys. Now it's the bad boys' turn." :rolleyes

What's that mean exactly? 'Sheed just being batty? Acting hard? Or is Detroit's emotional leader sending a message that the physical style that's been missing for the past five quarters is set to re-emerge?

be careful San-an-Tony-Oh :smokin

BigDaddyMatty
06-14-2005, 03:29 AM
They going to have a Special Reunion at Halftime for the Bad Boys? I really liked Vinnie Johnson.

milkyway21
06-14-2005, 03:56 AM
They going to have a Special Reunion at Halftime for the Bad Boys? I really liked Vinnie Johnson. :lol. i can't imagine there are actually some who like the bad boys....

well, what not mentioned. only that Stevie Wonder(?), will be there for the halftime show:D . Maybe, who might have guessed David & Russell showing up together in S.A.? i think they shld invite the bad boys1 gang.

BTW, i just gone to detroit news site, would you believe even there voted the Spurs win by a SWEEP?:huh

How many games in the Finals will the Pistons win at The Palace?

None; the Spurs will sweep the series. 41.76%

One; the Spurs will win in five games. 23.03%

Two; They'll go back to San Antonio down 3-2. 15.64%

Three; They'll lead the series after Game 5. 19.58%

Detroit fans, looks like the neighborhood lost some of the confidence.....

BigDaddyMatty
06-14-2005, 04:40 AM
that is funny

dcole50
06-14-2005, 06:56 AM
hey sheed, you're not in the wwf. when you wear titles in the nba, you wear rings. sorry but the belt makes him look like a total jackass.

Ginofan
06-14-2005, 07:28 AM
So is this a garantee for a win?

boutons
06-14-2005, 07:35 AM
Sheed's a lazy, childish, whiny wimp, frequently no showing.
If he's even including himself as a "bad boy", no worry.
The series isn't coming back to SBC.

I watched Game2 last night on NBATV. What's truly "bad" is how the Spurs were hustling their butts for 48 minutes in Game2, esp ball movement and penetration, and 33 pts of 3G's. The Spurs wanted the game so much more, and Pistons were outclassed for the second game in a row.

Talk, like Sheed, is cheap.

HULKAROCK
06-14-2005, 08:13 AM
Just like my thread yesterday said about bringing the gm up to a physical level to win. We'll see what happens. Our building. Time for the Pistons to get some calls. If it means slapping Manu down to the ground, so be it.

violentkitten
06-14-2005, 08:15 AM
http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/basketball/nba/img8562233.jpg

the truth is indeed sometimes stranger than the fiction

samikeyp
06-14-2005, 08:16 AM
If it means slapping Manu down to the ground, so be it.

changed our tune from yesterday, I see.

spur219
06-14-2005, 08:27 AM
The Pistons will come out very agressive and will be very physical with the Spurs.

spurschick
06-14-2005, 08:54 AM
So is this a garantee for a win?

I think it's more of a guarantee that the Spurs will have more bruises to tend to tomorrow.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-14-2005, 09:00 AM
Since when are the Spurs the "good ol' boys"? He makes it sound like they're going to come off the team plane wearing cowboy hats and boots, strumming guitars and drinking Pearl.

And while I may be young I was huge Pistons fan growing up because of Isiah Thomas, so I watched as much of the Bad Boys as I could. I knew the Bad Boys, the Bad Boys were good friends of mine, and you 2005 Pistons are no Bad Boys.

MadDog73
06-14-2005, 09:04 AM
Since when are the Spurs the "good ol' boys"? He makes it sound like they're going to come off the team plane wearing cowboy hats and boots, strumming guitars and drinking Pearl.

Hmmm, new Spurs theme song:

Just the good ol' boys,
Never meanin' no harm,
Beats all you've ever saw, been in trouble with the law since the day they was born.

Straight'nin' the curve,
Flat'nin' the hills.
Someday the moutain might get 'em, but the law never will.

Makin' their way,
The only way they know how,
That's just a little bit more than the law will allow.

Just good ol' boys,
Wouldn't change if they could,
Fightin' the system like a true modern day Robin Hood.

Yeee-haw!

td4mvp3
06-14-2005, 09:31 AM
does poppovich play daisy duke?

SWC Bonfire
06-14-2005, 09:43 AM
does poppovich play daisy duke?

File that under "mental imagery that does not need to be invoked".

You gotta give Pop an Uncle Jesse nod.

shaq_nd_d-wade=win
06-14-2005, 09:56 AM
lol rasheed wallace always guarantees games and they magically happen sometimes. but i am 10000000000% SURE THAT THE SPURS WILL SWEEP. he can guarantee all he wants juss look at the first 2 games. they totally got shut out. i kno its not on their homecourt but c'mon 15 and 21 point deficit and 69 and 76 points. even for a road game thats vey bad. they wont win at home but they wont lose by double digits either

TwoHandJam
06-14-2005, 10:12 AM
Just like my thread yesterday said about bringing the gm up to a physical level to win. We'll see what happens. Our building. Time for the Pistons to get some calls. If it means slapping Manu down to the ground, so be it.Riiiiiight.

Like the Pistons will be the first team to try that approach. :rolleyes Why not ask Seattle and Denver how well that worked.

HULKAROCK
06-14-2005, 10:13 AM
changed our tune from yesterday, I see.

Desperate times= desperate measures (I didn't say injure)

HULKAROCK
06-14-2005, 10:14 AM
Riiiiiight.

Like the Pistons will be the first team to try that approach. :rolleyes Why not ask Seattle and Denver how well that worked.

I'm on the line with them now. We're in a conf call with the Team at Palace Central..

samikeyp
06-14-2005, 10:16 AM
Desperate times= desperate measures (I didn't say injure)

No just intentional and flagrant fouls.

Hey...just bring it and that way Ginobili can score 40 by living from the FT line all night.

HULKAROCK
06-14-2005, 10:24 AM

Hey...just bring it and that way Ginobili can score 40 by living from the FT line all night.

Last series we hacked Shaq every chance we got. If they're calling it, then they won't get away with it. All depends what zebra shows up tonight..

samikeyp
06-14-2005, 10:26 AM
All depends what zebra shows up tonight..
planning strategy around who is reffing.....desperate times indeed.

combs84
06-14-2005, 10:30 AM

Didn't Ginoboli get al his points from the FT last game anyway? Mine as well make him pay for them.

And everyboy gives hard fouls, just like according to you guys everybody sets illegal moving screens. :drunk

On a non-trash talk note, what you've seen the first two games is definately Pistons basketball, no matter what anybody else says. We see them play like that all the time. But we also see how they play the next game when they have their backs to the wall. If you want to win tonight, your going to have to play better then you did in games 1 and 2, which may sound strange...but completely true.

I will be completely shocked if we lose this game tonight. After watching this team for as long as I can remember, its just what they do, they get down, they play their asses off and they win.

If you don't believe me, ask Indiana and New Jersey from last year. Ask Philly after they got Homecourt from us this year, or Indy when they went up 2-1, or Miami when they had us facing elimination 2 games in a row. We're in for a hell of a basketball game tonight, and I can't wait.

Side Note Last Year: Spurs 2 Games Lakers 0 Games. What happened with that series?

Good Luck and enjoy the game, cause tonight we are actually showing up.

violentkitten
06-14-2005, 10:32 AM
but i thought that the pistons' backs were against the wall in game 2?

before game 1 we heard about how the mighty pistons would come into san antonio and take it because they were the mighty pistons

before game 2 we heard that the mighty pistons would take it because they were the mighty pistons and the mighty pistons always follow up a loss with a win...

samikeyp
06-14-2005, 10:35 AM
And everyboy gives hard fouls,

I have no problem with hard fouls. When you are going for the ball that's one thing....Hulkarock is advocating dirty play. I don't think the Pistons are like that, however.

Yes...everyone sets moving screens in the NBA...just like most players travel and carry the ball. Not everything is called, though.

Not sure who we is since I doubt you wear the uniform but as far as the Pistons go, I know they are capable of good things so I am not satisfied with a 2-0 lead. to count Detroit out would be ignorant, to believe the Spurs can't win in Detroit is equally ignorant.

bigzak25
"Rasheed:game 3 it's the bad boys' turn"

i hope so. i want our Spurs to beat a team that brings it's A game, not a team that lays down, i.e. the Pistons dribbling out the clock in the 4th...how sad.

combs84
No all you heard me say was it was a more important game for the Spurs, and I still believe it was. Its only 2 games folks, regardless of the margin of victory. I don't care what other Pistons fans have said, or if the Media is giving up on us. As a matter of fact I welcome it. Because everytime somebody counts this team out, they prove you wrong.

combs84
06-14-2005, 10:37 AM
I have no problem with hard fouls. When you are going for the ball that's one thing....Hulkarock is advocating dirty play. I don't think the Pistons are like that, however.

Yes...everyone sets moving screens in the NBA...just like most players travel and carry the ball. Not everything is called, though.

Players dont work on traveling though. The illegal screens become part of an illegal gameplan. Just like downloading music. Its wrong even if you don't get caught :elephant .

samikeyp
06-14-2005, 10:38 AM
Anyone who knows basketball isn't counting them out...which is most Spurs fans here.

samikeyp
06-14-2005, 10:39 AM
Players dont work on traveling though. The illegal screens become part of an illegal gameplan. Just like downloading music. Its wrong even if you don't get caught

as is speeding but people do that as well. my point was that the Spurs are not the only team who does that. And I seriously doubt Popovich tells his players "go out and set a moving screen"

HULKAROCK
06-14-2005, 10:42 AM
but i thought that the pistons' backs were against the wall in game 2?

before game 1 we heard about how the mighty pistons would come into san antonio and take it because they were the mighty pistons

before game 2 we heard that the mighty pistons would take it because they were the mighty pistons and the mighty pistons always follow up a loss with a win...

First off, I don't know what team combs is talking about. Yeah, we've seen the Pistons play poorly in some gms during the playoffs, but NEVER this bad. They are resiliant and they can come back. Only half the job is done. 50%..
Does that mean it's complete. Not around here. Let's see what the mighty spurs have tonight. Don't pride yourself in the Spurs too much. Your dissapointment may be too much for you to handle.

combs84
06-14-2005, 10:43 AM
Well it sure seems like he does, as they do it on 85% of their plays. I wouldn't call it a coincidence. That wasn't my main point of the post though. I was merely just trying to say the series starts tonight so be prepared. If the Pistons lay down and roll over tonight, this city will probably burn itself down.

samikeyp
06-14-2005, 10:44 AM
Let's see what the mighty spurs have tonight. Don't pride yourself in the Spurs too much. Your dissapointment may be too much for you to handle.

you should do the same with the Pistons. They might get tonights game...but it means the job is 25% complete. As I said earlier, it would be ignorant to dismiss the Pistons....just as ignorant to dismiss the Spurs.

violentkitten
06-14-2005, 10:44 AM
First off, I don't know what team combs is talking about. Yeah, we've seen the Pistons play poorly in some gms during the playoffs, but NEVER this bad.

welcome to spurs basketball.

They are resiliant and they can come back. Only half the job is done. 50%..
Does that mean it's complete. Not around here. Let's see what the mighty spurs have tonight. Don't pride yourself in the Spurs too much. Your dissapointment may be too much for you to handle.

dont lecture me, punk.

Isiah
06-14-2005, 10:45 AM
Dude I pretty much have watched every Piston Game all year long, I can tell you for fact that the Pistons will not play dirty or give a cheap foul. I'm sure they will however make sure that if the refs are going to call a foul its not going to be the ohhh i just grazed the guys jerseys and its a freaking and 1 a la Nazr on Prince last game.

violentkitten
06-14-2005, 10:45 AM
Well it sure seems like he does, as they do it on 85% of their plays. I wouldn't call it a coincidence. That wasn't my main point of the post though. I was merely just trying to say the series starts tonight so be prepared. If the Pistons lay down and roll over tonight, this city will probably burn itself down.

sorry, the series started on thursday night

samikeyp
06-14-2005, 10:46 AM
Well it sure seems like he does, as they do it on 85% of their plays

c'mon Combs...you are better than that to start whining.

HULKAROCK
06-14-2005, 10:49 AM
welcome to spurs basketball.

dont lecture me, punk.

Preventive maintenance.. Just trying to keep you on the right path before spiraling out of control and back into the shrink.
Smiley- I know you are more open minded about the series and it's possibilities.
"Welcome to Spurs basketball"?? Yeah, right.. Do your homework.. Consider this lecture over.

jochhejaam
06-14-2005, 11:01 AM
IMO, he meant the following;

By Seattle Times news services

E-mail article
Search Most e-mailed
Most read
RSS
AUBURN HILLS, Mich. — While the San Antonio Spurs are up 2-0 and sit just two wins away from a champagne shower, Detroit Pistons coach Larry Brown — when asked about his team's sudden lack of composure — uncorked what could turn out to be an expensive selection off the NBA whine list.

"We're 1-7 with one referee," Brown noted, "and 11-1 with the rest."

Brown declined to elaborate, but an AP check of postseason box scores shows Detroit is 1-7 when either Ron Garretson or Dan Crawford has officiated its games — and 11-1 when neither was on the court.

It's not whining when you can produce facts like that.
It's an indictment on the officiating, not an excuse for losing to an awesome Spurs team.

( Crawford Sucks!! :idiot )

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-14-2005, 11:05 AM
Joey Crawford eats poo, but Dan is quality. Besides, it's not like there aren't refs out there that don't care for the Spurs. Salvatore, Baveta, Nies (who I think was the one that Tim ran over with his car) have shafted the Spurs plenty of times. The Spurs have gotten the same lack of respect at times from the refs, they just haven't shot themselves in the foot by flipping out over it.

samikeyp
06-14-2005, 11:07 AM
He didn't produce any facts about the Spurs coaches telling their players to go out and set illegal screens.

violentkitten
06-14-2005, 11:14 AM
yes, motherfucker, spurs fucking basketball. bandwagoning piston fans seem to think their favorite team is the only one with a great defense.

again, go lecture your dog on why it should stop making its asshole seem so inviting to you...

ShoogarBear
06-14-2005, 11:17 AM
I call first dibs on the use tonight of the line, "Is Stevie Wonder reffing this game?".

ambchang
06-14-2005, 11:20 AM
Just like my thread yesterday said about bringing the gm up to a physical level to win. We'll see what happens. Our building. Time for the Pistons to get some calls. If it means slapping Manu down to the ground, so be it.

Why does slapping Manu down to the ground ALWAYS comes up? Perhaps this is the sound of the desperate.

samikeyp
06-14-2005, 11:22 AM
I call first dibs on the use tonight of the line, "Is Stevie Wonder reffing this game?".

:lmao

I guarantee the Pistons will come out hot and establish an early lead and some people here will break their fingers trying to drop the ref card! Every team has fans that does it. :)

Marklar MM
06-14-2005, 11:24 AM
Why does slapping Manu down to the ground ALWAYS comes up? Perhaps this is the sound of the desperate.

Could get into his head. Make him stop driving. But it probably wouldn't work. Just a Bad Boy tactic.

HULKAROCK
06-14-2005, 11:27 AM
yes, motherfucker, spurs fucking basketball. bandwagoning piston fans seem to think their favorite team is the only one with a great defense.

again, go lecture your dog on why it should stop making its asshole seem so inviting to you...

As our own, Kidd Rock likes to say:

"Straight out the Trailer" :hat

midgetonadonkey
06-14-2005, 11:54 AM
As our own, Kidd Rock likes to say:

"Straight out the Trailer" :hat

Kid Rock is a pussy.

I expect the Pistons to take 2 out of 3 in Detroit, but the Spurs are just too deep to lose this series. HAHA Carlos Arroyo. What a fucking joke.

HULKAROCK
06-14-2005, 12:27 PM
[QUOTE=midgetonadonkey]Kid Rock is a pussy.

Why? Because he's from Detroit? I guess George Jones is your hero and tough guy?
Anyway. We're looking for 3 on our end. :hat

samikeyp
06-14-2005, 12:42 PM
Why? Because he's from Detroit? I guess George Jones is your hero and tough guy?

Why? Because he's from San Antonio? well, he's not. oops.

And because midget is a Spurs fan he is AUTOMATICALLY living in San Antonio right?

the trolling continues......

HULKAROCK
06-14-2005, 01:52 PM
Why? Because he's from San Antonio? well, he's not. oops.

And because midget is a Spurs fan he is AUTOMATICALLY living in San Antonio right?

the trolling continues......

I'm glad you took the time to look up George Jone's birth place.. If everyone wants to "pile on" my comment to another person who insults something because THEY live in Michigan, then screw you. I can defend ya'll off. Relax, remember? Who are you? The Superman of the message board saving everyone?

samikeyp
06-14-2005, 01:58 PM
Actually I don't know where he was born...I just know its not here.

Hey...you have been insulting Spurs fans here because they live in Texas or at least you assume they do because they are Spurs fans this whole series. In fact, you started it all. Why is it ok for you to do it but not anyone else? You drop smack like that then get all freaked when someone does it to you or says something about it.

I wasn't advocating insulting anyone because they live in Michigan, either.

I think you mean "fend y'all off"

Nice use of "ya'll" by the way. :)

BTW, who are you?

SWC Bonfire
06-14-2005, 02:03 PM
Besides, it's not like there aren't refs out there that don't care for the Spurs. Salvatore, Baveta, Nies (who I think was the one that Tim ran over with his car) have shafted the Spurs plenty of times.

:lmao

Doesn't somebody have a .gif of Nies?

The dumbass ejected TIM DUNCAN from a game. The guy least likely to be ejected from any game, ever. Any bitching you may have of referees doesn't touch that.

The Pistons should have learned the lesson that Timmy did this past summer: if you think NBA refs suck, you should see international FIBA refs. He has made some relapses, but doesn't complain about calls on himself very often. Most of the calls he questions the refs on are done so as the "team captain" and are for somebody else.

HULKAROCK
06-14-2005, 02:09 PM
Actually I don't know where he was born...I just know its not here.

Hey...you have been insulting Spurs fans here because they live in Texas or at least you assume they do because they are Spurs fans this whole series. In fact, you started it all. Why is it ok for you to do it but not anyone else? You drop smack like that then get all freaked when someone does it to you or says something about it.

I wasn't advocating insulting anyone because they live in Michigan, either.

I think you mean "fend y'all off"

Nice use of "ya'll" by the way. :)

BTW, who are you?

I'm Batman.. If you went into my history, you'd se the only time I insult Spurs fans is when I get vulgarity back. F this or whatever. OR, I get a laim brain comment. I've said all along the Spurs are doing what they should be doing and that's playing good basketball

samikeyp
06-14-2005, 02:11 PM
I'm Batman.. If you went into my history, you'd se the only time I insult Spurs fans is when I get vulgarity back. F this or whatever. OR, I get a laim brain comment. I've said all along the Spurs are doing what they should be doing and that's playing good basketball.

now I know you are lying....you started the whole "insults based on where you live" with the "Laptops on horses" smack.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=303887#post303887

HULKAROCK
06-14-2005, 02:15 PM
now I know you are lying....you started the whole "insults based on where you live" with the "Laptops on horses" smack.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=303887#post303887

Too funny.. That was such a long time ago.. :lol

samikeyp
06-14-2005, 02:16 PM
seems like an eternity.

T Park
06-14-2005, 02:17 PM
Time to beat up the Spurs??

Hey, it worked for us, why dont you try it too detroit.

Its the formula to success.

Sincerely,

the 04 05 Denver Nuggets
the 04 05 Seattle Supersonics

Just try it Detroit, you match up well with Tony Massenburg, so he can play, and then you'll really be toast.

HULKAROCK
06-14-2005, 02:21 PM
seems like an eternity.

I tell ya what. The Pistons win and I'll send you a Championship hat..

combs84
06-14-2005, 02:28 PM
c'mon Combs...you are better than that to start whining.

I am, and I'm not whining. It was 1 small line of my 30 line post. Its just something I picked up on in the 2nd quarter of game 2, and I watch them constantly do it. Obviously if my team was winning I probably wouldnt care :)...not that I care that much right now, just brought it up. That in no way makes our offense look like a JV team, we have done that ourselves.

Just because I point out a fact, doesn't mean i'm "whining". I have always given credit when credit is due, and so far I have.

samikeyp
06-14-2005, 02:31 PM
by implying that Popovich tells his players to intentionally set illegal screens is whining. also by implying the refs have anything to do with Pistons losses is also whining.

WayDowntownBang
06-14-2005, 02:35 PM
And the downhill spiral continues.

Before the fans of both these teams continue, let's not forget that both teams have moron fans, as both cities have morons living in them. It's the American way.

And just for the record, if you need to use the word 'fuck' in a messageboard where kids post to express your feelings about your basketball team, you are a complete moron, and the rest of your post should be ignored.

That being said, sticking to the topic, Rasheed needs to back his words up with game. So far, every time he's talked, he's done that. Game 3, he needs to have a big game, and in order to do that, he needs to figure out a way to stop Duncan from getting all those open looks. If he can do THAT, then he has a chance to hold onto his belt.

And my two cents, I LIKE the belts. It adds personality.

I also say that if we lose this series, he needs to hand it off to Tim Duncan sometime during the summer. If we're going to have fun with it, which we should.. it's a GAME, Rasheed should pass off the belt. And, I don't think for a second that if someone suggested that to him, he wouldn't. He's got a sense of humor. It wouldn't hurt the league, and I can bet you that it would make a good post-season commercial.

"I love this game".

Wouldn't it be funny though if that happened, and when Rasheed handed the belt to Duncan, Manu 'heel-turned' and hurricanrana'd Duncan?

/sigh. Too much wrestling when I was a kid. I actually know what a Hurricanrana is.

Marcus Bryant
06-14-2005, 02:39 PM
It's about time we had the voice of reason show up to guide us down the golden path.

Next topic: booing during player introductions.

combs84
06-14-2005, 02:44 PM
by implying that Popovich tells his players to intentionally set illegal screens is whining. also by implying the refs have anything to do with Pistons losses is also whining.

I never even went the ref way, so don't use that on me. If i said it, I said they call ticky tack fouls and we werent able to be aggressive defensively. That is not whining. Its merely stating the obvious, which all of you spurs fans would probably also agree with. If you can't take a simple comment then don't read my posts.

Teams don't just consistently set illegal screens on a regular basis for no reason. It is obviously in their gameplan. Again I vaguely mentioned this and you want to take it out of context as if i'm completely ranting about it..which i'm not. Do quite a few other teams do it? Yes. But so what.

I have nto in the least bit whined, or trolled your boards, so your picking the fight with the wrong person here buddy.

combs84
06-14-2005, 02:45 PM
Next topic: booing during player introductions.

How disrespectful :king .

Marklar MM
06-14-2005, 02:47 PM
Every team will set illegal screens until the refs start calling them. They are a part of the game.

WayDowntownBang
06-14-2005, 02:49 PM
Disagreeing with you as usual, Combsy ;)

I think it's part of the game. If anything, I think cheering a player from another team is worse. The way some Piston fans cheered MJ back in the day gets me sick, and this is coming from a guy who is a big MJ fan.

When you're in our house, if you're not wearing our jersey, you're the enemy. Leave the praise for off the court.

Next topic: Booing the national anthem during a game ;)

samikeyp
06-14-2005, 02:52 PM
I shouldn't read your posts...why...because you said so? I can't "take" them? :lol its a message board...what is to "take" or "not take" Its not a matter of that...its a matter of not agreeing with you. You were implying that part of the Spurs game plan was to set and encourage their players to set illegal screens. I happen to disagree. its ok you know.

combs84
06-14-2005, 02:52 PM
I was obviously kidding, I boo as loud as possible. I was making light of a thread here yesturday by an old dude who was lashing out at Spurs fans for booing the pistons.

As for the screens, obviusly they happen during the course of games, I just have never seen them so frequently. And I am done talking about them from now on..I don't even care!! You guys made me start to care!!

samikeyp
06-14-2005, 02:54 PM
Next topic: Booing the national anthem during a game

if its Carl Lewis....Booing is ok and encouraged! :)

combs84
06-14-2005, 02:54 PM
I shouldn't read your posts...why...because you said so? I can't "take" them? :lol its a message board...what is to "take" or "not take" Its not a matter of that...its a matter of not agreeing with you. You were implying that part of the Spurs game plan was to set and encourage their players to set illegal screens. I happen to disagree. its ok you know.

So then be a man, disagree and prove me wrong, don't call me a whiner and use kid tactics on me. You're better then that :spin .

nkdlunch
06-14-2005, 02:55 PM
Rasheed can only be this type of bad boy:
http://www.kinderkrippe-seebach.ch/assets/images/baby_crying.jpg

samikeyp
06-14-2005, 02:59 PM
oh so now its about "being a man"?? :lmao

this is a message board. Its not the outside world. If you feel you have to "be a man" on a message board..then the battle is already over. As far as "being a man" as long as my family is taken care of...which is the case....then I am a man.

There is nothing to prove or disprove. You are of the opinion that Popovich and the Spurs intentionally set illegal screens. I am of the opinion they don't. Those are opinions...since they are not facts they cannot be proven or disproven. They are also not right or wrong...they are just opinions.

milkyway21
06-14-2005, 08:18 PM
Didn't Ginoboli get al his points from the FT last game anyway? Mine as well make him pay for them.

And everyboy gives hard fouls, just like according to you guys everybody sets illegal moving screens. :drunk

On a non-trash talk note, what you've seen the first two games is definately Pistons basketball, no matter what anybody else says. We see them play like that all the time. But we also see how they play the next game when they have their backs to the wall. If you want to win tonight, your going to have to play better then you did in games 1 and 2, which may sound strange...but completely true.

I will be completely shocked if we lose this game tonight. After watching this team for as long as I can remember, its just what they do, they get down, they play their asses off and they win.

If you don't believe me, ask Indiana and New Jersey from last year. Ask Philly after they got Homecourt from us this year, or Indy when they went up 2-1, or Miami when they had us facing elimination 2 games in a row. We're in for a hell of a basketball game tonight, and I can't wait.

Side Note Last Year: Spurs 2 Games Lakers 0 Games. What happened with that series?

Good Luck and enjoy the game, cause tonight we are actually showing up.

:huh :huh

who is this moron?