I'm going to give the following a shot:

Homeland
American Horror Story
Up All Night
Person of Interest (maybe)
Grimm ???
Up All Night
Free Agents

Anybody seen anything else that looks OK?

ashbeeigh
09-12-2011, 11:43 AM
Whitney and the New Girl. I cannot wait for those and Up All Night. I might catch Free gents if I have the time.

And also Hart of Dixie. Rachel Bilson is in that one.

Monostradamus
09-12-2011, 11:55 AM
I'll check out that new western AMC is making, only cuz it's AMC.

BlackSwordsMan
09-12-2011, 12:01 PM
I'll watch an episode of american horror. You forgot walking dead.

cantthinkofanything
09-12-2011, 12:05 PM
I'll watch an episode of american horror. You forgot walking dead.

Walking Dead was last year. But I didn't know about the western, Hell On Wheels. Will definitely give it a try.

BlackSwordsMan
09-12-2011, 12:06 PM
all of those look like shit then

BlackSwordsMan
09-12-2011, 12:06 PM
although death valley is really good on MTV

cantthinkofanything
09-12-2011, 12:09 PM
all of those look like shit then

you wear gooney britches

BlackSwordsMan
09-12-2011, 12:16 PM
Oh don't get fresh with me.

Spurminator
09-12-2011, 12:22 PM
I've seen a lot of the broadcast pilots. Thoughts:

New Girl - Easily the best new show I've seen. Definite hit.

Revenge - If you like stuff like Desperate Housewives and Gossip Girl, and you have a vagina, you should check this out.

Person of Interest - Michael Emerson basically plays Ben again, while Caviezel does a bad Clint Eastwood impersonation. Fairly interesting concept, but I think the "Are they the victim or the criminal" thread each week will get predictable (as in, if it starts with them looking like they're the victim, there's probably a twist where they end up being the criminal, and vice versa). The pilot is worth checking out to make your own judgment... not something I'll be programming on the DVR.

2 Broke Girls - Surprisingly funny for a CBS sitcom with two actresses I'm not wild about. It will probably be a hit. If you don't mind the "live" audience/laugh track format, you may like it.

Once Upon a Time - I was skeptical about the premise of a real-world setting full of fairy tale characters who don't know they're from fairy tales, but the pilot was done really well. If you like Harry Potter/fantasy type stuff, it's worth checking out. Probably will do pretty well.

Charlie's Angels - Steaming pile of shit. Don't waste your time.

Up All Night - Decent, but surprisingly few laughs. They've revamped Mia Rudolph's character since the version of the pilot I saw, so it may be better once it actually starts. Worth checking out.

Whitney - Not terrible. If she doesn't annoy the hell out of you in the previews, you might like the show. Good chemistry, and her boyfriend is a good character. Probably will be cancelled by the time 30 Rock comes back.

Pan Am - I didn't expect great things, but it was still pretty disappointing. Really cheesy dialogue and too many choreographed shots of stewardesses walking together with sassy smirks on their faces. Cancelled before spring.

Playboy Club - If you like Mad Men, it's probably worth checking out. The acting is pretty clunky and hopefully Hugh Hefner won't narrate every episode. I actually liked it better than Pan Am, but it probably won't get a full season.

Man Up - Some funny parts, but mostly stupid. I wouldn't bother.

Ringer - If you're a big Sarah Michelle Gellar fan, or you generally like CW shows, maybe worth checking out. Didn't do anything for me, but it's gotten good buzz. Probably will last several seasons.

The only one of these I see myself watching regularly is New Girl, although I'll probably check out the second episode of Once Upon a Time to see if it's worth keeping up with. Overall, pretty underwhelming stuff... but not surprising since cable is where all of the great shows are these days.

Frenzy
09-12-2011, 12:35 PM
Nothing like a new fall list to show how little tv I watch.

mrsmaalox
09-12-2011, 12:55 PM
Nah nothing. But I'm already sick of "Up All Night" and "Whitney" from the commercials.

That one just seems too stupid cuz anyone who has ever had a baby knows that the up all night stage doesn't last long enough to base a whole series around it----unless you're just a really useless parent and those are more annoying than entertaining.

And I've seen some of Whitney Cummings' stand up, and so far all the previews have been verbatim from her act----hopefully she has other material.

So I'll just wait for the return of my usuals, Bored To Death, Boardwalk Empire and Always Sunny :tu

JudynTX
09-12-2011, 01:34 PM
The only one I'm interested in.

HnaZxJIsnFE

Cant_Be_Faded
09-12-2011, 04:04 PM
Is american horror story an anthology series? i get a woody from those.

pookenstein
10-12-2012, 05:44 AM
Anybody seen the complete first season of Grimm? I watched the first three episodes yesterday and so far it's not good. Predictable, animations suck.
Does it get better? I remember I didn't like the first few episodes of Supernatural either, but that show became watchable after some time. Is that the case with Grimm?

And you should definitely watch Hell on Wheels. Great show.

AussieFanKurt
10-12-2012, 06:04 AM
I'm keen for new AHS - better location. S1 was good but meh ending

cantthinkofanything
10-12-2012, 09:14 AM
I didn't finish AHS last season. Thought it started out great but I lost interest. But I'm definitely looking forward to Asylum.

Other shows I've tried:
Revolution: I've forced myself to watch three episodes but I can't see it getting better.
The Mindy Project : watched the pilot just to see how she was outside of the Office. The show wasn't terrible but not for me.

jeebus
10-12-2012, 09:48 AM
I didn't finish AHS last season. Thought it started out great but I lost interest. But I'm definitely looking forward to Asylum.

Other shows I've tried:
Revolution: I've forced myself to watch three episodes but I can't see it getting better.
The Mindy Project : watched the pilot just to see how she was outside of the Office. The show wasn't terrible but not for me.

I wanted to like Revolution but after the first couple episodes, it's fairly obvious the writers don't want anyone to like that show. When the female lead is that stupid, that annoying, that clueless about everything, the show becomes unwatchable. And with no reason why selective physics is at work, there's no point to the show.

cantthinkofanything
10-12-2012, 09:54 AM
I wanted to like Revolution but after the first couple episodes, it's fairly obvious the writers don't want anyone to like that show. When the female lead is that stupid, that annoying, that clueless about everything, the show becomes unwatchable. And with no reason why selective physics is at work, there's no point to the show.

I think you summed up what will be the demise of the show.

I was willing to overlook all of the scientific inconsistencies if they could make the social aspect of civilization starting over interesting enough. But there's no way to get past the shitty acting. Not to mention that terrible action scenes.

I would have liked to see Giancarlo Esposito pick a better project that this. But I guess money is money.

scampers
10-12-2012, 10:01 AM
Everyone is ranting and raving about Last Resort being one of the best new shows this fall. Am I the only one that thinks this show is terrible? Everything about what is happening in that show is complete and total bullshit.

jeebus
10-12-2012, 10:26 AM
I think you summed up what will be the demise of the show.

I was willing to overlook all of the scientific inconsistencies if they could make the social aspect of civilization starting over interesting enough. But there's no way to get past the shitty acting. Not to mention that terrible action scenes.

I would have liked to see Giancarlo Esposito pick a better project that this. But I guess money is money.
Yeah, the sword fighting is annoying and the fact that they use guns that are 300 years old is mind boggling.
I can get that a few years after the blackout, things would be shitty but would eventually revert to around 19th century living. But after 15 years it's still all fucked up? C'mon now.

Everyone is ranting and raving about Last Resort being one of the best new shows this fall. Am I the only one that thinks this show is terrible? Everything about what is happening in that show is complete and total bullshit.
I watched the first ep and swore it off. The entire show is one huge cliche and they lost me for good when the dipshit captain detonated a nuke off the east coast. Nice, so radiation isn't a factor and any boats in that area are fucked. So the captain is now a war criminal and the show revolves around him? Fuck that.