PDA

View Full Version : Fat man sues White Castle - because seats are too small

desflood
09-12-2011, 12:59 PM
Oversize Man Sues White Castle Over Seats

Updated: Monday, 12 Sep 2011, 8:35 AM EDT
Published : Sunday, 11 Sep 2011, 6:59 AM EDT
By NewsCore

NANUET, N.Y. - A 290-pound New York man is steaming mad at the White Castle fast-food chain, which he claims repeatedly broke promises to make the booths in his local eatery bigger.

Martin Kessman, 64, filed a lawsuit against the fast-food giant last week in Manhattan federal court, claiming that the uncomfortable booths violate the civil rights of fat people.

Kessman's lawsuit came more than two years after he complained to White Castle about the size of the booths at the Nanuet, N.Y., eatery and reportedly received a pledge that renovations would be carried out to cater for larger customers.

"They sent me specs and everything, about how the booths were going to be enlarged and made comfortable for people with a little more weight. So two and a half years went by, and nothing was done," he told the NY Post , adding that he has no problem finding a place to take a load off at other fast-food places and fits easily into airline seats.

The Americans with Disabilities Act is "applicable -- not only to me, but to pregnant women and to handicapped people," according to Kessman, who is suing for bigger chairs and unspecified damages. "I just want to sit down like a normal person."

Read more: http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/oversize-man-sues-white-castle-over-seats-20110911-NCX#ixzz1XlK52b6Q

Viva Las Espuelas
09-12-2011, 01:01 PM
Only in America :tu

SnakeBoy
09-12-2011, 01:11 PM
I like how the lard ass describes himself...

"people with a little more weight"

resistanze
09-12-2011, 01:43 PM
I agree with fatass. They should have foutons available if you're gonna eat at a place like White Castle.

Drachen
09-12-2011, 03:34 PM
There is a lady who came to my work just today to meet with someone else. She then proceeds to say "I am not sitting down in those chairs, why would y'all buy these abnormally narrow chairs." Look if you want to be fat and cant fit in a chair, fine. If she would have said "that chair is too narrow for me", that is understood. However someone who pretends like it is my fault for having "abnormally narrow chairs" is just retarded. My 9 mos pregnant wife sat in that exact seat a week ago. I am 5'11" 230, by no means slim, and I fit just fine... Ridiculous.

Pero
09-12-2011, 03:36 PM
:lol

jag
09-12-2011, 03:44 PM
"I just want to sit down like a normal person."

Maybe he should work on becoming a normal person.

Creepn
09-12-2011, 03:46 PM
Shit they would be dumb not to cater to fat people lol WTF?? Take out those narrow ass chairs put in the lard ass chairs, spread the word and watch your profit grow.

DUH!!

DMC
09-12-2011, 05:11 PM
Maybe he should work on becoming a normal person.

He doesn't have to. The rest of society is catching up to him and will make him normal.

baseline bum
09-12-2011, 05:25 PM
How does he fit in his car? Is the steering wheel 5' in front of the seat?

CubanSucks
09-12-2011, 05:32 PM
suing for bigger chairs and unspecified damages.

?!?!?!!?!?!?!

gotta love lawsuits. I'm gonna sue you not only to get what I want, but also a ton of money on top of that!

guess those small chairs gave him back problems

Drachen
09-12-2011, 05:45 PM
?!?!?!!?!?!?!

gotta love lawsuits. I'm gonna sue you not only to get what I want, but also a ton of money on top of that!

guess those small chairs gave him back problems

pain and suffering because it is a reminder about how he is not a normal person (tbh)

baseline bum
09-12-2011, 05:51 PM
How does he fit in an airline seat? Maybe I should start suing these fuckers so I can get some legroom in my seat; why do the seats accommodate fat fucks but no one over 5'6"?

The Franchise
09-12-2011, 10:33 PM
This kind of stupid shit has to stop.

Wild Cobra
09-13-2011, 02:25 AM
He doesn't have to. The rest of society is catching up to him and will make him normal.
But...

That's how Europeans know who the vacationing Americans are.

ChuckD
09-13-2011, 07:21 AM
How does he fit in his car? Is the steering wheel 5' in front of the seat?

tbh, most full size trucks or SUVs accommodate the fatties. We have a HUGE woman at work, certainly morbidly obese, and she drives an Avalanche. She's probably 5'5" and pushing 400lbs.

bus driver
09-13-2011, 08:17 AM
fat people are funny :lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-13-2011, 09:08 AM
tbh, most full size trucks or SUVs accommodate the fatties. We have a HUGE woman at work, certainly morbidly obese, and she drives an Avalanche. She's probably 5'5" and pushing 400lbs.
I have one of those at my job that I have to work with. Every time I have to walk somewhere with her she walks incredibly slow, pants like a fuckin golden retriever, and then says, "Sorry I'm walking so slow I have short legs." No, you're walking slow because you're fuckin fat and can barely move.

Drachen
09-13-2011, 09:13 AM
honestly, I would just say that I have the hit the head and that I would see her there. then go find a different way there and watch an episode and a half of two and a half men until she gets there.