PDA

View Full Version : Shaq: "I Dogged David Robinson Out Every Chance I Got"

Koolaid_Man
09-12-2011, 02:40 PM
:lol what Shaq doesn't realize is that he dogged Robinson out because Kobe being doubled and tripled allowed him the luxury. People took their chances that Shaq would either commit an offensive foul, miss the shot, or miss the free throw..The only great center Shaq faced without the help of Kobe was Hakeem...and we all know what happened when Shaq faced Hakeem without Kobe. :lol What a conundrum....:lol

Shaq: Howard Has No Competition At Center

Sep 12, 2011 11:03 AM EDT

http://basketball.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/wiretap/photos/2006/Howard_Dwight_orl_110527.jpg

Shaquille O'Neal believes Dwight Howard should dominate because of the lack of competition at the center position.

“If Dwight doesn’t win two or three championships, I’m going to be disappointed. He doesn’t have nobody.

When I came in the league, I had to go through Alonzo Mourning, Arvydas Sabonis, Kevin Duckworth, Rik Smits,” O’Neal said in an interview with the New Orleans Times-Picayune.

“Now I can’t name any other centers besides Kendrick Perkins and Andrew Bynum. Who else is there? That’s it.”

O'Neal also commented about how Howard has borrowed O'Neal's Superman identity.

“But my thing is if you want to call yourself me (Superman), then you’ve got big shoes to fill. I’m not in the Superman this, and Superman that. He won a dunk contest with a cape. If you want to be called Superman because of that, it’s fine with me. I’m Superman for other reasons,” he said.

“I don’t envy him; he’s a great young player. But I’ve never seen him dog another center out. I tried to dog centers out. I went at David Robinson.”

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/215549/Shaq_Howard_Has_No_Competition_At_Center#ixzz1Xlib fjL2

Monostradamus
09-12-2011, 02:50 PM
And to think, all D-Rob had to do was sign one fuckin autograph.....

lefty
09-12-2011, 02:54 PM
Butthurt SHaq :lmao

And he forgot how prime Hakeem made him dance :rollin

Koolaid_Man
09-12-2011, 02:58 PM

:lmao that's not why bitch

Leetonidas
09-12-2011, 04:33 PM
Koolaids_man, once again, showing he doesn't know the difference between a direct quote versus paraphrasing something

Koolaid_Man
09-12-2011, 04:51 PM
Koolaids_man, once again, showing he doesn't know the difference between a direct quote versus paraphrasing something

once again you've judged me correctly :lol

PM5K
09-12-2011, 05:04 PM
Dream shook everybody, David and Shaq included.

Koolaid_Man
09-12-2011, 05:13 PM
Dream shook everybody, David and Shaq included.

What's fiendishly hilarious is Shaq using Kevin Duckworth, Sabonis, and Rik Smits...and didn't even mention how he let Merlin kick his ass in the low post...:lmao

Phenomanul
09-12-2011, 05:14 PM
Which is why pre-injury Robinson (prior to '96) could drop a triple-double on Shaq almost effortlessly...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=robinda01&p2=onealsh01

Robinson started 5-0 against O'Neal's teams (including a near Quadruple-double) to the point where O'Neal didn't even want to face him anymore... he even 'missed' a lone-scheduling game against San Antonio with the flu or some other excuse... Overall, prior to Robinson's injury, The Admiral ended up with a 5-2 head-to-head record against Shaq's teams but also clearly outplayed him in the process... If Shaq allegedly "dogged Robinson every chance he got" he certainly has an odd way of defining the phrase...

In those 7 games:

Shaquille O'Neal:
25.29 PPG
13.29 RPG
51.1% FG
60.0% FT
1.71 APG
0.57 SPG
1.71 BPG
3.71 T/OPG
4.29 PFPG

David Robinson:
29.43 PPG
12.00 RPG
48.7% FG
76.9% FT
4.57 APG
3.00 SPG
2.71 BPG
2.57 T/OPG
3.29 PFPG

Shaq's memory has always been selective, but moreso in the case of Robinson. I guess deep down inside he has to convince himself that D-Rob couldn't have been the better all-around player by repeating the fallacy endlessly (unfortunately the youtube crowd and your typical NBA fan have bought into his delusion)...

Robinson utterly owned Shaq before herniating a disc in his back and breaking his foot. Shaq and his fans simply want to sweep Robinson's dominance under the rug like it never happened. Such revisionism is laughable. :lol

What people fail to see, and it's a 'dignified response' worthy of recognition in its own right, is that Robinson has been such a classy person that he has never taken an issue with Shaq's comments, in the media or otherwise...

The more I think about it, Shaq's continual 'disrespect' for The Admiral likely stems from the year Robinson beat him out of the Scoring Title by dropping 71 points on the Clippers... Shaq simply can't get over it.

midnightpulp
09-12-2011, 06:18 PM
Phenomanul is correct here. David Robinson used to take a steaming shit on Shaq every time they matched up when both were in their respective primes. Even during the 3 peat, when Shaq was at his absolute peak, a near-retirement Robinson still managed to play pretty good defense against him. However, the reality of what actually happened has been obscured by the many highlight dunks Shaq got at Robinson's expense, creating the perception that Shaq dominated Robinson.

Not homering up the Admiral here. His playoff flame outs still piss me off to this day, but the truth is the truth.

Roger Freemason Jr.
09-12-2011, 11:32 PM
"I've never seen him dog another center out" As if that's a fundamental part of basketball. Let's discuss how Duncan dogged Shaq out without saying a word, every single time they met, even with his big titties he couldn't have his way in the post.

midnightpulp
09-13-2011, 12:58 AM
Shaq defended his title. Jim, not so much.

You pay me my money, and I might, MIGHT, allow you to celebrate tonight's Raider victory.

Until then, you bitchmade, and not worthy to fly the Silver & Black flag.

Giuseppe
09-13-2011, 03:18 AM

My Luva

midnightpulp
09-13-2011, 03:24 AM
My Luva

Play-by-play

The Browns had jumped to a 20-13 lead and the Broncos had muffed the ensuing kickoff when Elway took over, first-and-10 on their own 2-yard line, with 5:32 to play in the game.
1. - First down and 10, Denver 2-yard line. Sammy Winder 5-yard pass from Elway.
2. - Second down and 5, Denver 7-yard line. Winder 3-yard run.
3. - Third down and 2, Denver 10-yard line. Winder 2-yard run.
4. - First down and 10, Denver 12-yard line. Winder 3-yard run.
5. - Second down and 7, Denver 15-yard line. Elway 11-yard run.
6. - First down and 10, Denver 26-yard line. Steve Sewell 22-yard pass from Elway.
7. - First down and 10, Denver 48-yard line. Steve Watson 12-yard pass from Elway.
Two-minute warning
8. - First down and 10, Cleveland 40-yard line (1:59 remaining). Incomplete pass by Elway, intended for Vance Johnson.
9. - Second down and 10, Cleveland 40-yard line (1:52 remaining). Dave Puzzuoli sack of Elway, 8-yard loss.
10. - Third down and 18, Cleveland 48-yard line (1:47 remaining). Mark Jackson 20-yard pass from Elway.
11. - First down and 10, Cleveland 28-yard line (1:19 remaining). Incomplete pass by Elway, intended for Watson.
12. - Second down and 10, Cleveland 28-yard line (1:10 remaining). Steve Sewell 14-yard pass from Elway.
13. - First down and 10, Cleveland 14-yard line (:57 remaining). Incomplete pass by Elway, intended for Watson.
14. - Second down and 10, Cleveland 14-yard line (:42 remaining). John Elway 9-yard run (scramble).
15. - Third down and 1, Cleveland 5-yard line (:39 remaining). Mark Jackson 5 yard pass from Elway for the touchdown. Rich Karlis then adds the extra point to tie the game.

Roger Freemason Jr.
09-13-2011, 03:27 AM

That has absolutely nothing to do with what I said.

Giuseppe
09-13-2011, 03:31 AM
Play-by-play

The Browns had jumped to a 20-13 lead and the Broncos had muffed the ensuing kickoff when Elway took over, first-and-10 on their own 2-yard line, with 5:32 to play in the game.
1. - First down and 10, Denver 2-yard line. Sammy Winder 5-yard pass from Elway.
2. - Second down and 5, Denver 7-yard line. Winder 3-yard run.
3. - Third down and 2, Denver 10-yard line. Winder 2-yard run.
4. - First down and 10, Denver 12-yard line. Winder 3-yard run.
5. - Second down and 7, Denver 15-yard line. Elway 11-yard run.
6. - First down and 10, Denver 26-yard line. Steve Sewell 22-yard pass from Elway.
7. - First down and 10, Denver 48-yard line. Steve Watson 12-yard pass from Elway.
Two-minute warning
8. - First down and 10, Cleveland 40-yard line (1:59 remaining). Incomplete pass by Elway, intended for Vance Johnson.
9. - Second down and 10, Cleveland 40-yard line (1:52 remaining). Dave Puzzuoli sack of Elway, 8-yard loss.
10. - Third down and 18, Cleveland 48-yard line (1:47 remaining). Mark Jackson 20-yard pass from Elway.
11. - First down and 10, Cleveland 28-yard line (1:19 remaining). Incomplete pass by Elway, intended for Watson.
12. - Second down and 10, Cleveland 28-yard line (1:10 remaining). Steve Sewell 14-yard pass from Elway.
13. - First down and 10, Cleveland 14-yard line (:57 remaining). Incomplete pass by Elway, intended for Watson.
14. - Second down and 10, Cleveland 14-yard line (:42 remaining). John Elway 9-yard run (scramble).
15. - Third down and 1, Cleveland 5-yard line (:39 remaining). Mark Jackson 5 yard pass from Elway for the touchdown. Rich Karlis then adds the extra point to tie the game.

:rolleyes

ChuckD
09-13-2011, 07:14 AM
That has absolutely nothing to do with what I said.

It's called "moving the goalposts", and it's a favorite tactic of those with no argument.

Ed Helicopter Jones
09-13-2011, 10:27 AM
Shaq is Shaq and you have to take him for what he's worth. He's one of those people that has learned that if you have any influence, and tell the world something you did, that that there are people who will believe you without caring about reality.

With all of his raw ability it's a shame he was never as disciplined as David was in terms of his work ethic. He could still be dominating in this league today.

Giuseppe
09-13-2011, 10:44 AM
^Problem with Robinson was he couldn't tie his shoe laces till Duncan showed him how & held his hand. Robinson was a weak little fuck who was saved by a guy before he took up the shit bag.

It happens.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-13-2011, 10:47 AM
Shaq is Shaq and you have to take him for what he's worth. He's one of those people that has learned that if you have any influence, and tell the world something you did, that that there are people who will believe you without caring about reality.
Sounds a lot like the Messiah David Robinson worships.

Giuseppe
09-13-2011, 10:48 AM
Sounds a lot like the Messiah David Robinson worships.

Hi, sweetcheeks!!!

Luv, luv, luv.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-13-2011, 10:51 AM
:lmao

Giuseppe
09-13-2011, 10:59 AM
Bend over bitch!!!

BlackSwordsMan
09-13-2011, 12:57 PM
fag

Giuseppe
09-13-2011, 12:58 PM
fag

You got me all enthralled. I admit it. I'm hot & I'm bothered.

C'mon, PM me, Swords. We'll have a fine time.

SpursDynasty85
09-13-2011, 01:00 PM
David Robinson is a class act. Anyone who really knows him, just knows how much above basketball he was, and has always praised him.

This guy is a true gentleman. He's not your avg. "Im a superstar basketball player, thats all i need to be". He is a dedicated Citizen, Father, and a role model. Not to mention he is extremely religious. Even if you don't believe in religion, you really have to commend a guy that has that much passion for somethiing greater than material things.

Look, Shaq is an all-time great player, and he's funny... but like someone mentioned above. Robinson was also an all-time great before his injury. Then he just became an all-time team leader/supporter and helped build the foundations for the Spurs dynasty. Something Shaq tried to hang onto, but not with the near grace of Robinson. Shaq is everything Robinson wasn't except a great bball player. So Shaq tried to put himself in the limelight by talking mess about him. It is what it is. Thats Shaq.

Robinson started playing basketball around senior year of highschool. He joined the Navy, grew like 7 inches and started dominating. He made sure to graduate in 4 years, and then served 2 years of military service. Never complained about his duty. He was willing to serve his full 4-5 years, but the Navy let him go pursue his bball career.

They drafted Duncan 10 years after Robinson. Robinson was already a veteran with some back issues. No one could win a championship by themselves like that, not even Hakeem.

You fools need to know the facts before you try and rag on a guy who completely turned arounnd a franchise. Helped them over achieve for 7 years, before getting injured and finally being able to pick up a quality player in the draft. You guys don't know squat about Drob.

BlackSwordsMan
09-13-2011, 01:01 PM
oh god

Giuseppe
09-13-2011, 01:02 PM
Hey, Swords, if I PM you are you going to lodge my PM? Be honest now. Don't lie, sweetheart.

BlackSwordsMan
09-13-2011, 01:02 PM
Fuck off you weirdo.

Giuseppe
09-13-2011, 01:03 PM
David Robinson is a class act.

But, Robinson couldn't do squat until Duncan/sans his shit bag led him to it.

Giuseppe
09-13-2011, 01:03 PM
Fuck off you weirdo.

If you're going to talk dirty--give me a couple seconds to retrieve my KY.

BlackSwordsMan
09-13-2011, 01:04 PM
Sit on your thumb and twirl, faggot.

Giuseppe
09-13-2011, 01:05 PM
Sit on your thumb and twirl, faggot.

We're in love and you know it.

BlackSwordsMan
09-13-2011, 01:07 PM
SourCandy stole my soul and owns my heart.

Giuseppe
09-13-2011, 01:10 PM

I love it all the more when you play impossible to get.

Resist me, bitch!!!

Giuseppe
09-13-2011, 01:17 PM

Check your BM. I mean your PM.

Ed Helicopter Jones
09-13-2011, 03:44 PM
^Problem with Robinson was he couldn't tie his shoe laces till Duncan showed him how & held his hand. Robinson was a weak little fuck who was saved by a guy before he took up the shit bag.

It happens.

Now see...if you were 360 pounds, had played 17 years in the NBA with numerous championship rings and other accolades, you could say stuff like this and there'd be people who would blindly believe you.

Unfortunately you haven't got that kind of cred. my friend.

Giuseppe
09-13-2011, 04:04 PM
^I ain't chewin' my cabbage twice.

SpursDynasty85
09-13-2011, 06:40 PM
"But, Robinson couldn't do squat until Duncan/sans his shit bag led him to it."

2nd year Tim Duncan lead him to it? Nah, other way around broski. Robinson lead Tim Duncan to the promised land.... Timmy even acknowledges how much Robinson helped him lead the team. Robinson could care less who got MVP unlike Shaq and Kobe's...

Spursfan092120
09-13-2011, 06:47 PM

Um...I was at an event where he signed about 100. He did sign them. Just not everybody's. I've got his autograph myself.

Spursfan092120
09-13-2011, 06:49 PM

Now Cubby...just because he didn't win a championship without Timmy doesn't mean he didn't win anything..they had some good years, and without David, this Spurs team is probably in New Orleans right now.

Giuseppe
09-13-2011, 09:21 PM
Now Cubby...just because he didn't win a championship without Timmy doesn't mean he didn't win anything..they had some good years, and without David, this Spurs team is probably in New Orleans right now.

Don't give me that fuckin' shit. That's the mark. "We" decided on that mark when Kobe & Daddy were chasin' after their first.

We ain't changin' now.

leemajors
09-13-2011, 10:17 PM
"I've never seen him dog another center out" As if that's a fundamental part of basketball. Let's discuss how Duncan dogged Shaq out without saying a word, every single time they met, even with his big titties he couldn't have his way in the post.:rollin

ezau
09-13-2011, 11:29 PM

It happens.

I smell skunk

ezau
09-13-2011, 11:33 PM

I smell skunk.

Giuseppe
09-13-2011, 11:36 PM
I smell skunk.

You should:::after The Skunker & 8 you're entitled.

Killakobe81
09-14-2011, 01:20 PM
Which is why pre-injury Robinson (prior to '96) could drop a triple-double on Shaq almost effortlessly...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=robinda01&p2=onealsh01

Robinson started 5-0 against O'Neal's teams (including a near Quadruple-double) to the point where O'Neal didn't even want to face him anymore... he even 'missed' a lone-scheduling game against San Antonio with the flu or some other excuse... Overall, prior to Robinson's injury, The Admiral ended up with a 5-2 head-to-head record against Shaq's teams but also clearly outplayed him in the process... If Shaq allegedly "dogged Robinson every chance he got" he certainly has an odd way of defining the phrase...

In those 7 games:

Shaquille O'Neal:
25.29 PPG
13.29 RPG
51.1% FG
60.0% FT
1.71 APG
0.57 SPG
1.71 BPG
3.71 T/OPG
4.29 PFPG

David Robinson:
29.43 PPG
12.00 RPG
48.7% FG
76.9% FT
4.57 APG
3.00 SPG
2.71 BPG
2.57 T/OPG
3.29 PFPG

Shaq's memory has always been selective, but moreso in the case of Robinson. I guess deep down inside he has to convince himself that D-Rob couldn't have been the better all-around player by repeating the fallacy endlessly (unfortunately the youtube crowd and your typical NBA fan have bought into his delusion)...

Robinson utterly owned Shaq before herniating a disc in his back and breaking his foot. Shaq and his fans simply want to sweep Robinson's dominance under the rug like it never happened. Such revisionism is laughable. :lol

What people fail to see, and it's a 'dignified response' worthy of recognition in its own right, is that Robinson has been such a classy person that he has never taken an issue with Shaq's comments, in the media or otherwise...

The more I think about it, Shaq's continual 'disrespect' for The Admiral likely stems from the year Robinson beat him out of the Scoring Title by dropping 71 points on the Clippers... Shaq simply can't get over it.

Phenom makes some great points ...here are a few more:

1. Shaq most DEFINITELY was butthurt that David went all out to nip him from the scoring title.

2. As much shit as People on here give Kobe for hunting for scoring numbers, no one mentions that David went all out in a meaningless game to best Shaq. Personally it doesnt bother me, it was a record and in the spirit of competing David SHOULD of went all out for it.

3. David is classy and Dwight seems to be trying to do the same. We all know shaq was a truly great and dominant force. But for all of the crap David and Dwight get for not winning rings as alpha males, Shaq has been swept more times in the playoffs than both centers combined. Shaq won big in L.A and Miami ...but when he lost it was usualy at the end of a broom.

4. YEs, we know Hakeem eviscerated David. But if Shaq had half the committment to fitness David or Dwight had he would not of declined the way he did ... missing so many games to injury, even as he was leading the 3 peat.

5. Im not a fan of Robinson, he makes Timmy look like Malcom X (shout out to Negrodamus) but ANYONE that says he was not one of the best centers of his generation don't know shit about basketball. Just watch the dream Team highlights and watch Robinson run in transition. Watching Magic lead the fast break with Pippen and MJ on the wings with Malone and RObinson trailing may have been the most devastating fast-breaks in b-ball history.