PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Meat Wagon Thread

DeadlyDynasty
09-12-2011, 04:25 PM
add Chiefs S Eric Berry and Panthers LB Jon Beason to it. Two great defensive players:depressed

Nate Kaeding tore his ACL too on the first play of the game

pawe
09-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Ram's WR Amendola might be out too with a dislocated shoulder. Either the whole season or the bulk of it.

pawe
09-18-2011, 07:57 PM
Add Kansas City Chiefs RB Jamaal Charles to the list.
Torn ACL. Out for the season.

Pistons < Spurs
09-18-2011, 09:14 PM
Charles and Berry and my 2 favorite players on the Chiefs. And now they're both done. What a shitty start to the season.

Hopefully we land Andrew Luck after this craptastic season.

DeadlyDynasty
09-19-2011, 03:38 PM
Charles, Berry, and Moeaki...that's fucking brutal. If I was McCluster, Bowe, or Hali I would take a couple weeks offs...that team is snakebitten.

Spursfan092120
09-19-2011, 06:11 PM
Report: Romo played with punctured lung
NewsCore
Updated Sep 19, 2011 7:02 PM ET
DALLAS
Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo played with a punctured lung during the Cowboys' 27-24 overtime victory against the San Francisco 49ers, NFL.com reported Monday, citing a league source.

Romo also shook off a fractured rib during Sunday's game to lead Dallas' come-from-behind victory.

His status for Week 3 remains "up in the air" a source told the NFL Network.

The Cowboys signal caller suffered the injury in the second quarter and underwent X-rays at halftime. Backup quarterback Jon Kitna started the second half for the Cowboys, before Romo returned late in the third quarter with Dallas trailing.

After a 55-yard field goal extended the 49ers' lead to 10 points, Romo found Miles Austin with a 25-yard pass to narrow the deficit. He then led a nine-play drive to set up the game-tying field goal as time expired.

On the Cowboys' first play in overtime, Romo and Jesse Holley combined for a 77-yard completion, setting up the game-winning field goal.

Romo's heroic display came just a week after he was widely panned for his mistakes — a fumble and interception — during the final nine minutes of a 27-24 defeat to the New York Jets.

He completed 20 of 33 passes Sunday for 345 yards and two touchdowns.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Dallas-Cowboys-Tony-Romo-punctured-lung-against-San-Francisco-49ers-091911

Wow...man's got guts. Let's see if he plays next week.

DeadlyDynasty
09-19-2011, 06:18 PM
Brannon you probably shouldn't have been the one to break this story, just a heads up

Spursfan092120
09-19-2011, 06:45 PM
Brannon you probably shouldn't have been the one to break this story, just a heads up

I could care less, tbh. Said it before and I'll say it again..really don't care what people think about me on here, because they don't know me. I saw something that was news and noticed it wasn't on here..thought people might want to know about it. 'preciate the heads up though.

Arlington Native
09-19-2011, 08:48 PM
Report: Romo played with punctured lung
NewsCore
Updated Sep 19, 2011 7:02 PM ET
DALLAS
Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo played with a punctured lung during the Cowboys' 27-24 overtime victory against the San Francisco 49ers, NFL.com reported Monday, citing a league source.

Romo also shook off a fractured rib during Sunday's game to lead Dallas' come-from-behind victory.

His status for Week 3 remains "up in the air" a source told the NFL Network.

The Cowboys signal caller suffered the injury in the second quarter and underwent X-rays at halftime. Backup quarterback Jon Kitna started the second half for the Cowboys, before Romo returned late in the third quarter with Dallas trailing.

After a 55-yard field goal extended the 49ers' lead to 10 points, Romo found Miles Austin with a 25-yard pass to narrow the deficit. He then led a nine-play drive to set up the game-tying field goal as time expired.

On the Cowboys' first play in overtime, Romo and Jesse Holley combined for a 77-yard completion, setting up the game-winning field goal.

Romo's heroic display came just a week after he was widely panned for his mistakes — a fumble and interception — during the final nine minutes of a 27-24 defeat to the New York Jets.

He completed 20 of 33 passes Sunday for 345 yards and two touchdowns.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Dallas-Cowboys-Tony-Romo-punctured-lung-against-San-Francisco-49ers-091911

Wow...man's got guts. Let's see if he plays next week.
A bruised rib is hard to play with, broken ribs and a collapsed lung? Wow.

DeadlyDynasty
09-24-2011, 11:52 AM
Looks like Antonio Gates will be out this week, and a non-factor for the foreseeable future with the same foot problems that derailed his season last year

pawe
10-07-2011, 02:31 PM
Fins' QB Chad Henne out for the season

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Aiym1JrNy1yhH6Pd09B0cAmLCpJ4?slug=ap-dolphins-henneinjury

MIAMI (AP)—Another loss for the winless Miami Dolphins: Quarterback Chad Henne(notes) is out for the season.

Henne decided to have shoulder surgery and was placed on the injured reserve list Thursday.

The Dolphins replaced him on the roster by signing veteran quarterback Sage Rosenfels(notes), who was released Tuesday by the New York Giants after recovering from a blood disorder that sent him to the hospital in August.

Henne separated his left shoulder when tackled on a busted play in the first quarter of Sunday’s loss at San Diego. The game might have been Henne’s last with Miami, because his contract expires after the season.

pawe
10-08-2011, 10:29 AM
Oakland Raiders' Al Davis out for the next few seasons.

Veterinarian.
10-08-2011, 10:35 AM
:lol

Ryan Fitzpatrick
10-25-2011, 05:40 PM
Shawne Merriman back on the IR...yet another Buffalo fail.

pawe
10-25-2011, 07:14 PM
Cards'...I mean, Redskins' RB Tim Hightower out for the season for torn ACL.
He was good here and I liked him but coach Whizenhunt just let him go for a bag of potatoes...Too bad he was playing well too this season.

DeadlyDynasty
11-01-2011, 02:10 PM
Woodley, harrison, and farrior are out vs the ravens...timmons is their only healthy starting lb. Joe Flacco will find a way to fuck this up.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-01-2011, 02:23 PM
Cards'...I mean, Redskins' RB Tim Hightower out for the season for torn ACL.
He was good here and I liked him but coach Whizenhunt just let him go for a bag of potatoes...Too bad he was playing well too this season.
If by good you mean had tons of 17 carries for 48 yard games, then yeah he was a BEAST here.

DeadlyDynasty
11-03-2011, 01:37 PM
Ahmad Bradshaw has a "cracked bone in his foot," but the G-men say it's not serious and he's a go vs. Patriots. Weird.

pawe
11-21-2011, 11:21 AM
Bears' QB Jay Cutler out for the regular season with a broken thumb.

DeadlyDynasty
11-21-2011, 11:28 AM
That's too bad, Bears were looking beast...the D was top-notch, the offense was rolling, and even Martz and the O-line figured out a way to protect Cutler. Tough pill to swallow for Bears fans