PDA

View Full Version : Insider Mock Draft

spvrs
06-14-2005, 07:10 AM
Who does ESPN have the spurs taking? Thanks...

ceds
06-14-2005, 08:01 AM
Not sure who Insider have spurs taking but i read today that CJ Miles had a workout with the spurs and announced soon afterwards that he wont be doing any more workouts for teams.

At first he was going to withdraw if he wasnt a lock for top 15 but now seems to have changed his tune saying he'll stay in for the right team. Im pretty sure somone has given this guy a first round promise and it could be the spurs.

spvrs
06-14-2005, 08:13 AM
thanks for the tidbit!

I think we are going to take Nate Robinson...

violentkitten
06-14-2005, 08:13 AM
http://www.nbadraft.net/index.asp

violentkitten
06-14-2005, 08:23 AM
if the spurs dont find anyone at #28 maybe they can deal with a team for a couple of late second round picks, like boston (#50, 53) or seattle (#48, 55) and use those to draft some international players to replenish the farm team

Barry Bud
06-14-2005, 09:06 AM
if the spurs dont find anyone at #28 maybe they can deal with a team for a couple of late second round picks, like boston (#50, 53) or seattle (#48, 55) and use those to draft some international players to replenish the farm team

Like maybe they could package that 28th pick with Malik Rose for a starting center?

violentkitten
06-14-2005, 09:15 AM

Like maybe they could package that 28th pick with Malik Rose for a starting center?

that was like #30, from phoenix

JUUOT
06-14-2005, 09:34 AM
woa barry bud just wake up from a 100 years sleep.

spvrs
06-14-2005, 09:45 AM
vk thanks for the info, sounds pretty acurate

violentkitten
06-14-2005, 09:49 AM
through the magic of the internets i was able to find:

http://www.nba.com/knicks/news/rose_050224.html

Knicks Acquire Malik Rose & Two First-Round Picks

http://www.nba.com/media/knicks/rose_050224.jpg

NEW YORK, February 25, 2005 – New York Knickerbockers President of Basketball Operations Isiah Thomas announced today that forward Malik Rose and conditional first-round draft picks in 2005 and 2006 have been acquired from the San Antonio Spurs in exchange for center Nazr Mohammed and guard Jamison Brewer.

Rose, 6-7, 245-pounds, averaged 6.3 points and 4.6 rebounds in 50 games for the Spurs this season. The six-year NBA veteran held career averages of 7.4 points and 4.7 rebounds entering the 2004-05 season and was a member of the 1999 and 2003 NBA Championship teams in San Antonio.

The draft picks acquired are San Antonio’s 2006 conditional first-round selection and Phoenix’s conditional 2005 first-round selection originally acquired by the Spurs on Jun. 26, 2003 (in exchange for the draft rights to Leandro Barbosa).

Mohammed, 6-10, 250-pounds, averaged 10.9 points and 8.1 rebounds in 54 starts for the Knicks this season and recorded 16 point-rebound double-doubles. The six-year NBA veteran held career averages of 6.7 points and 5.3 rebounds entering the 2004-05 season.

Brewer, 6-4, 195-pounds, averaged 1.7 points and 1.2 rebounds in 13 bench appearances for the Knicks this season.

you too can use the internets (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=malik+rose+mohammed+trade)

SWC Bonfire
06-14-2005, 10:06 AM
http://www.nbadraft.net/index.asp

Antoine Wright going #7? That's pretty optimistic, isn't it? Are they drafting for need? Not that familiar w/ Toronto.

I guess Canada is the NBA equivalent of College Station. :lol

spur219
06-14-2005, 11:13 AM
Toronto's scouting and drafting is really not all that good. Although Chris Bosh was a good pickup. But Toronto might be drafting for need. But they need everything except a PF.

spvrs
06-14-2005, 11:31 AM
nbadraft is pretty good. There is no way we are taking a PF though...

I like this guy also:
http://probasketball.about.com/od/nbadraft/l/bl_mockdraft_a.htm

Guru of Nothing
06-14-2005, 11:38 AM
Draft Daily (http://www.draftdaily.com)

spvrs
06-14-2005, 11:45 AM
GoN, thanks... I used to like draftcity.com but they cleared their draft sheet

SWC Bonfire
06-14-2005, 11:46 AM
I like this guy also:
http://probasketball.about.com/od/nbadraft/l/bl_mockdraft_a.htm

Do you think that they are projecting the Spurs to take an international player just because they have in the past?

Antoine Wright - Clippers

NOOOOOO!!!!!!! :depressed :cry

Marcus Bryant
06-14-2005, 11:48 AM
I could see the Spurs trading the pick just like I can see them keeping it. Last year the general feel was that they would trade out of the 1st round yet they had a couple of guys they wanted. With Parker's extension kicking in next season I could see them somewhat averse to taking on another guaranteed contract, but you never know.

spvrs
06-14-2005, 11:49 AM
I think that's part of the reason, I know we've scouted that pick. I doubt there is any inside info, just knowing we need a SF, like going international and that we've scouted him probably accounts for it.

If that guy stays in he'll probably go higher though

Marcus Bryant
06-14-2005, 11:51 AM
The Spurs always scout and work out the talent available in a draft. That alone doesn't really provide a clue about whether they will keep the pick.

spvrs
06-14-2005, 11:52 AM
I agree. I'd say it's better than 50% chance we trade it.

Marcus Bryant
06-14-2005, 11:55 AM
They could surprise a lot of people and trade up in the draft...

ShoogarBear
06-14-2005, 11:59 AM
What do they have to trade to trade up? Rasho? I can't see anyone trading down for him.

whottt
We sure could...We got good tradeable players and developing international prospects...

I am still hoping they pick Migduelynas Katelynas or whatever the heck is name...the SF that is supposed to be like AK 47, with a better offensive game and work ethic.

SWC Bonfire
They could surprise a lot of people and trade up in the draft...

Who would be worthy of trading up for, and who would be the bait?

whottt
06-14-2005, 12:00 PM
What do they have to trade to trade up? Rasho? I can't see anyone trading down for him.

Scola, Barry, Beno, Rasho, Nazr, Javtokas...

I know everyone will be outraged by the mention of Nazr...but if the Spurs don't think they can sign him it's best to move him..

Edit: because I have a feeling you can get a lot for him. The Knicks got 2 #1 picks for him...and his stock has gone up.

Marcus Bryant
06-14-2005, 12:01 PM
It depends, the Spurs could perhaps move up 5 to 10 spots by packaging their pick and a future first rounder. Also, they could move their pick and a Rasho (or Barry) for another team's pick and a contract or two...

spvrs
06-14-2005, 12:01 PM
we won't trade players for a pick IMO.

Rasho is the only one that we would and who would take him for a pick?

Marcus Bryant
06-14-2005, 12:02 PM
Yes, Nazr's contract status will impact future decisions in re Rasho.

SWC Bonfire
If you've spent your last few years in New York, I would imagine you'd settle for a little less to play alongside TD, Manu & TP.

Marcus Bryant
we won't trade players for a pick IMO.

Rasho is the only one that we would and who would take him for a pick?

If the other potential trading party doesn't have the cap room then the Spurs would have to take salary back.

Marcus Bryant
06-14-2005, 12:03 PM
If you've spent your last few years in New York, I would imagine you'd settle for a little less to play alongside TD, Manu & TP.

Sure, but you don't move Nesterovic if you don't have Mohammed locked up.

Solid D
06-14-2005, 12:07 PM

I see this as very possible. Golden St. with 2 picks at 40 and 42?

Erazem Lorbek could play one more year (his last contract year) if the Spurs could score a decent 2nd round slot via trade.

If the Spurs end up keeping their 1st round pick (I think less than 50% chance), they need a SF...plain and simple.

whottt
06-14-2005, 12:07 PM
You could also use one of our prospects to help move a contract the Spurs don't want...like Rasho etc...I am not saying they don't want Rasho..but if they wanted to move him they have some plums to throw into the deal...to a team that's under the cap and get a pick back.

I think the Spurs wanted their pick this year for a reason though...they must see someone they like.

spvrs
06-14-2005, 12:09 PM
so did we ever get the listed pick from ESPN insider??

TMSKILZ
06-14-2005, 12:09 PM
They have H.Warrick dropping down to the Kings, if that's the case the SPURS MUST trade up if he drops to the 20's & pick him up!!!!! He'd be a perfect fit for us @ SF!

F.Garcia would be a nice pick up too!

ShoogarBear
06-14-2005, 12:16 PM
Scola, Barry, Beno, Rasho, Nazr, Javtokas...
Can't imagine why a young rebuilding team would take Barry.

Hadn't thought about Beno, or Scola or Javtokas. Good point.

spvrs
06-14-2005, 12:19 PM
Five new faces in round 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Chad Ford
ESPN Insider

Now that the Chicago predraft camp is over, it's time for our second mock draft of 2005.

The camp and team workouts have begun to weed out many of the young American and international underclassmen, and more space has been opened in the first round.

Based on what we're hearing from agents and team officials, we expect several first-round prospects, including Martynas Andriuskevicius, Nemanja Aleksandrov, Tiago Splitter, Marko Tomas and Rudy Fernandez will withdraw from the draft.

Therefore, we've taken them out of this mock draft, opening up five extra spots. If they get a promise between now and the June 21 deadline for underclassmen to withdraw, we'll add them back in when we run our next mock draft on June 22.

1. MILWAUKEE BUCKS
Marvin Williams
NORTH CAROLINA | FRESHMAN | SMALL FORWARD
HEIGHT: 6-8 | WEIGHT: 230 | AGE: 18
The Bucks appear to be leaning toward taking Andrew Bogut in the draft, but we're sticking firm to the belief that Williams is the best prospect on the board. Bucks general manager Larry Harris has said he will draft on talent, not position, and we think once Williams rolls into town for a workout on June 19, he'll change his mind.

Scouting report on Marvin Williams

2. ATLANTA HAWKS
Andrew Bogut
UTAH | SOPHOMORE | CENTER
HEIGHT: 7-0 | WEIGHT: 250 | AGE: 20
Bogut told Insider Friday the Hawks told him they'd take him with the No. 2 pick if he was still on the board. The team is desperate for a center, so it makes sense. If Bogut ends up going No. 1, they've told Williams they'll take him No. 2.

Scouting report on Andrew Bogut

3. PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS
Gerald Green
GULF SHORES ACADEMY | H.S. | SHOOTING GUARD
HEIGHT: 6-7 | WEIGHT: 192 | AGE: 19
This is a tough pick to project because the Blazers are shopping it hard. Most of the teams trying to get up to this spot are after Chris Paul. The Blazers are looking at Paul, too, but given their commitment to Sebastian Telfair in the lottery last year, look for them to fill another need and grab Green, a player many feel has the upside of Tracy McGrady.

Scouting report on Gerald Green

4. NEW ORLEANS HORNETS
Chris Paul
WAKE FOREST | SOPHOMORE | POINT GUARD
HEIGHT: 6-1 | WEIGHT: 178 | AGE: 20
The Hornets' biggest need isn't at the point, but Paul is a big upgrade over Speedy Claxton and Dan Dickau. Suddenly the loss of Baron Davis doesn't sting as much. In fact, Paul's a better prospect than Baron was.

Scouting report on Chris Paul

5. CHARLOTTE BOBCATS
Deron Williams
ILLINOIS | JUNIOR | POINT GUARD
HEIGHT: 6-3 | WEIGHT: 210 | AGE: 20
The Bobcats are still trying to figure out a way to grab Paul or Marvin Williams. They'd trade No. 5 and No. 13 to get up to the second spot, but aren't willing to do it just to get to No. 3. If it doesn't work, they'll decide between Deron Williams, Raymond Felton and Danny Granger at this position.

Scouting report on Deron Williams

6. UTAH JAZZ
Fran Vazquez
SPAIN | POWER FORWARD
HEIGHT: 6-11 | WEIGHT: 230 | AGE: 22
The Jazz desperately need a point guard. But they also need more size and athleticism up front. The Jazz could move up a spot or two in the draft to grab Paul or Deron Williams, but they aren't high enough on Felton to pick him here. Vazquez is a safe pick who can step in and give them more depth in the paint.

Scouting report on Fran Vazquez

7. TORONTO RAPTORS
Danny Granger
NEW MEXICO | SENIOR | SMALL FORWARD
HEIGHT: 6-8 | WEIGHT: 225 | AGE: 22
Granger's stock just keeps climbing. He's one of the most complete players in the draft and should have the Shawn Marion-type ability to play like a four while playing the three. He has a good handle, a dramatically improved 3-point shot and he's unselfish. He also has a great body and big-time athleticism. He's already an upgrade from Jalen Rose at small forward. While the Raptors have greater needs at center and point guard, they'll settle this year for the best prospect on the board.

Scouting report on Danny Granger

8. NEW YORK KNICKS
Channing Frye
ARIZONA | SENIOR | CENTER
HEIGHT: 6-11 | WEIGHT: 245 | AGE: 22
The Knicks secretly worked out Frye on the West Coast about a week ago and walked away pretty convinced he was their guy at No. 8. Frye is a skilled, athletic big man who has improved his body and his athleticism the last few months. He'd be the second-tallest player on the Knicks' roster next season.

Scouting report on Channing Frye

9. GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
Ike Diogu
ARIZONA STATE | JUNIOR | POWER FORWARD
HEIGHT: 6-8 | WEIGHT: 255 | AGE: 21
The Warriors wanted Frye or Granger, but if they're off the board, they'll look for the next-best power forward. Sean May, Hakim Warrick and Chris Taft will all get looks here as well. Diogu gets the nod because of his length (he has the reach of a 7-footer, a la Elton Brand) and shot-blocking ability.

Scouting report on Ike Diogu

10. LOS ANGELES LAKERS
Raymond Felton
NORTH CAROLINA | JUNIOR | POINT GUARD
HEIGHT: 6-0 | WEIGHT: 200 | AGE: 20
This is a real steal for the Lakers if they can land Felton here. He has the potential to go as high as No. 5 and the Raptors will give him a strong look at No. 7. He's the fastest point guard in the draft baseline to baseline, has improved his outside shooting and is an excellent floor leader. A major upgrade over Chucky Atkins.

Scouting report on Raymond Felton

11. ORLANDO MAGIC
Martell Webster
SEATTLE PREP | H.S. | SHOOTING GUARD
HEIGHT: 6-7 | WEIGHT: 235 | AGE: 18
The Magic could go several ways here, but after shipping their best shooter off to Sacramento for Doug Christie, they would find Webster has a skill they really could use. He's the best pure shooter in high school and one of the four or five best in the draft. He has great size for his position, is mature beyond his years and already has an NBA body. As far as high school guys go, he's the most ready to contribute right now.

Scouting report on Martell Webster

12. LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS
Antoine Wright
TEXAS A&M | JUNIOR | SHOOTING GUARD
HEIGHT: 6-7 | WEIGHT: 210 | AGE: 21
There's talk that the Clippers are the team that promised Russian forward Yaroslav Korolev they'd pick him. However, it will be tough for the Clips to pass on Wright's versatility, perimeter shooting and athleticism. The Clippers have depth just about everywhere, but Wright will provide insurance should Donald Sterling decide not to pony up for free agents Bobby Simmons and Marko Jaric.

Scouting report on Antoine Wright

13. CHARLOTTE BOBCATS
Joey Graham
OKLAHOMA STATE | SENIOR | SMALL FORWARD
HEIGHT: 6-7 | WEIGHT: 216 | AGE: 22
The Bobcats could go in a lot of different directions here. They would like to get tougher and more athletic, and Graham would be a great choice. He's a hard worker who can play both the three and the four. Reminds some of a bigger Corey Maggette.

Scouting report on Joey Graham

14. MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES
Charlie Villanueva
CONNECTICUT | SOPHOMORE | POWER FORWARD
HEIGHT: 6-10 | WEIGHT: 240 | AGE: 20
Villanueva has the skills of a lottery pick but proved to be a bit lazy and unreliable at UConn. Still, after so many years without a lottery pick, the Wolves have to swing for the seats. If Villanueva will work hard and focus (Kevin Garnett will demand it), he'll be a nice addition to the Wolves' front line. Korolev is also rumored to be a real possibility here.

Scouting report on Charlie Villanueva

15. NEW JERSEY NETS
Hakim Warrick
SYRACUSE | SENIOR | POWER FORWARD
HEIGHT: 6-8 | WEIGHT: 218 | AGE: 22
He's not Kenyon Martin, but he's long, athletic, runs the floor, and has the experience to contribute immediately. With Jason Kidd running the show, he should get a lot of dunks.

Scouting report on Hakim Warrick

16. TORONTO RAPTORS
Sean May
NORTH CAROLINA | JUNIOR | POWER FORWARD
HEIGHT: 6-9 | WEIGHT: 260 | AGE: 21
The Raptors need a tough scorer and rebounder in the paint and May should be a perfect fit. Though he's a little undersized to play his natural position (center) in the pros, he should be fine paired next to Chris Bosh. Bosh's ability to dominate in the high post along with May's ability to finish around the rim should give the Raptors an effective high-low punch in the paint. Jarrett Jack will also get a long look here by the Raptors.

Scouting report on Sean May

17. INDIANA PACERS
Rashad McCants
NORTH CAROLINA | JUNIOR | SHOOTING GUARD
HEIGHT: 6-4 | WEIGHT: 200 | AGE: 20
McCants may be the toughest guy in the draft to project. On talent, he's easily a top-10 pick, maybe top-five. But just about every team in the league has uncovered a number of red flags on the background check. He's going to have to prove to teams that whatever problems he had at North Carolina are behind him. If he does, he'll go higher. If he doesn't, he'll slip down to a team like Indiana, which is willing to take the risk on such a talent.

Scouting report on Rashad McCants

18. BOSTON CELTICS
Yaroslav Korolev
RUSSIA | SMALL FORWARD
HEIGHT: 6-9 | WEIGHT: 215 | AGE: 17
Danny Ainge swears the Celtics aren't the ones who promised Korolev they'd draft him, and I believe him. However, I think the Celtics would seriously consider him if he were on the board. Korolev dramatically raised his stock in the junior tournament at the Final Four in Europe. He reminds me a little of a young Toni Kukoc. Turkish forward Ersan Ilyasova is another possibility here. The Celtics could use a long, lanky, skilled small forward, and both players fit the bill.

Scouting report on Yaroslav Korolev

19. MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES
Julius Hodge
NORTH CAROLINA ST | SENIOR | SHOOTING GUARD
HEIGHT: 6-7 | WEIGHT: 205 | AGE: 21
Hodge may not be the greatest shooter in the draft, but he has all the intangibles Jerry West loves in his players. He's tough, versatile and he seems to want it more than most guys on the floor. The Grizzlies believe he'll be a point guard, at least part-time, in the pros. It looks like they'll lose Earl Watson to free agency and wouldn't mind losing Jason Williams in a trade, so the position is a need. He's earned good reviews in every workout and seems to have moved himself up with every one. West has a history of ignoring convention, which explains why a player like Hodge would go this high.

Scouting report on Julius Hodge

20. DENVER NUGGETS
Ersan Ilyasova
TURKEY | SMALL FORWARD
HEIGHT: 6-9 | WEIGHT: 220 | AGE: 18
With multiple picks, the Nuggets' plan is to leave at least one guy in Europe for a few years. Many believe that Ilyasova was the best young prospect in Europe before a severe ankle injury kept him out most of the year. His workouts went well enough in Chicago to secure his place in the mid-first round.

Scouting report on Ersan Ilyasova

21. PHOENIX SUNS
Johan Petro
FRANCE | CENTER
HEIGHT: 7-1 | WEIGHT: 250 | AGE: 19
Petro has the size and talent of a lottery pick, but he's been very slow to develop it, which has caused some NBA teams to worry. Petro is probably another year or two away from helping a team, even if he does develop. However, if he ever gets it, he could be the perfect center in the Suns' system down the road.

Scouting report on Johan Petro

22. DENVER NUGGETS
Francisco Garcia
LOUISVILLE | JUNIOR | SHOOTING GUARD
HEIGHT: 6-7 | WEIGHT: 190 | AGE: 23
The Nuggets opt for upside with their first pick and go with need for their second. The team needs perimeter shooting badly and Garcia can deliver. He's not the greatest athlete in the world, but he can stroke it and plays with the passion that George Karl likes in his players. High school guard Monta Ellis is also a possibility here. The Nuggets love him, but would Karl ever play him?

Scouting report on Francisco Garcia

23. SACRAMENTO KINGS
Chris Taft
PITTSBURGH | SOPHOMORE | POWER FORWARD
HEIGHT: 6-10 | WEIGHT: 250 | AGE: 20
Taft has the size and strength of a lottery pick and the heart of an NBDL player. He has the physical tools to replace Chris Webber on the Kings' front line. But will Rick Adelman, or whoever is coaching the Kings, ever be able to motivate him?

Scouting report on Chris Taft

24. HOUSTON ROCKETS
Wayne Simien
KANSAS | SENIOR | POWER FORWARD
HEIGHT: 6-9 | WEIGHT: 255 | AGE: 22
The Rockets could use a tough rebounder with experience and Simien fits the bill. Concerns about injuries and size are the only things keeping him out of the lottery. He's one of the few guys who isn't afraid to go inside and bang, but also has a nice perimeter game. He's worked out really well just about everywhere.

Scouting report on Wayne Simien

25. SEATTLE SUPERSONICS
Jarrett Jack
GEORGIA TECH | JUNIOR | POINT GUARD
HEIGHT: 6-3 | WEIGHT: 200 | AGE: 21
Jack could be off the board in the mid-first round, but it's conceivable that he slips all the way to here. He's a very good point guard prospect who just needs to cut down on his turnovers. With Antonio Daniels set to bolt in free agency, the Sonics will have a strong need for a backup point guard with size and toughness.

Scouting report on Jarrett Jack

26. DETROIT PISTONS
Ryan Gomes
PROVIDENCE | SENIOR | SMALL FORWARD
HEIGHT: 6-8 | WEIGHT: 250 | AGE: 22
Gomes is a skilled forward, an inside-outside scoring threat that reminds some scouts of Corliss Williamson. He started his career at the four, but played really well at the three this year. He's a good offensive rebounder, has extended his range to the NBA 3-point line and is a good passer. He also has a 7-foot-2 wingspan.

Scouting report on Ryan Gomes

27. UTAH JAZZ
Roko Ukic
CROATIA | POINT GUARD
HEIGHT: 6-6 | WEIGHT: 218 | AGE: 21
He's had a great year in Croatia. A little wild for Jerry Sloan's taste, but he's long, plays defense and is very tough and experienced. If he could shoot, he'd be a much higher pick. Look for the Jazz to leave him overseas for another season or two.

Scouting report on Roko Ukic

28. SAN ANTONIO SPURS
David Lee
FLORIDA | SENIOR | POWER FORWARD
HEIGHT: 6-9 | WEIGHT: 230 | AGE: 22
The Spurs have a history of going international and will also look at France's Mickael Gelebale here, but Lee fits the profile. He's tough, plays defense, runs the floor well and does all the little things Gregg Popovich appreciates.

Scouting report on David Lee

29. MIAMI HEAT
Randolph Morris
KENTUCKY | FRESHMAN | CENTER
HEIGHT: 6-11 | WEIGHT: 250 | AGE: 19
The big kid from Kentucky should probably head back to school. One good year at Kentucky and he's in the lottery. However, he's too big to slip all the way out of the first round if he decides to stay.

Scouting report on Randolph Morris

30. NEW YORK KNICKS
Andrew Bynum
ST. JOSEPH (N.J.) | H.S. | POWER FORWARD
HEIGHT: 7-0 | WEIGHT: 300 | AGE: 17
Bynum has the size to rise much higher in the draft if he works out well. Right now, the general consensus is that he's too big a project to take much higher than this. Still, the Knicks aren't likely to pass. They need size and upside and Bynum has both. If he played two years at UConn, he'd likely be a lottery pick.

Scouting report on Andrew Bynum

Other first-round possibilities: Andray Blatche, PF, HS Senior; Monta Ellis, G, HS senior; Luther Head, G, Illinois; Kennedy Winston, G/F, Alabama; Nate Robinson, G, Washington; Ronny Turiaf, PF, Gonzaga; Matt Walsh, G/F, Florida; Linas Kleiza, F, Missouri; Mickael Gelebale, F, France; Jason Maxiell, PF, Cincinnati; Mile Ilic, C, Serbia; Peja Samardziski, C, Serbia

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-14-2005, 12:58 PM
Antoine Wright going #7? That's pretty optimistic, isn't it? Are they drafting for need? Not that familiar w/ Toronto.

I know Antoine, he's had some great private workouts for teams, and #7 is not a big reach right now (though personally I don't want him stuck up in Toronto, that would suck for him).

Worst case is he falls to the Clips at 12, who think they will lose Bobby Simmons this summer, and ADub slides in at the SF spot behind Maggette next year.

TMSKILZ
06-14-2005, 01:44 PM
David Lee? Is Ford on crack? We have scola coming in so we're not going PF route.

We need a SF/SG. I also say we bring in Javtokas, even if he rides the bench, would provide more than what TMass has.

JUUOT
06-16-2005, 02:50 PM
i talked about gelablele earlier the french swingman is bowen copy with more muscles but the sam devotion to defense and team. do not take a lot of shots and great passer to go with the defense. if more prospect quit he would come nicely in late firts round to SPURS

in terms of immediate contribution. he is like beno last summer

Guru of Nothing
06-16-2005, 03:05 PM
If Atlanta ends up with Marvin Williams, that might make Boris Diaw easily available. Besides, the Spurs have two Slovenians and they might very possibly have two Argentinian's together soon. Why not pair up the French too.

spvrs
06-16-2005, 03:37 PM
I doubt Boris Diaw will be available for what we offer. I read Seattle was willing to give up last years project Robert Swift for him.. Anyway Boris looks like he has the temperament of Rasho which ain't good.

spvrs
06-16-2005, 03:39 PM
A couple more pages to peruse
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7966511/
http://www.draftexpress.com/mock.php?y=2005

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
06-16-2005, 05:00 PM
It'd be nice if we could trade rasho and Beno and our first round pick for Speedy and a 2nd round pick

ducks
06-16-2005, 05:11 PM
Why Would We Want Speedy Over Beno?

whottt
06-16-2005, 05:17 PM
Can't imagine why a young rebuilding team would take Barry.

He's a complete offensive guard that can play 3 positions and has a lot of experience...he also knows how to run a transition offense...and his contract is relatively cheap for his skill set.

Most young rebuilding teams still want to sell tickets, and playing an uptempo style of ball lead by a former dunk champion who just won a ring :smokin, is a good way to do it...it beats a bunch of no names.

His D won't be a big deal because A.He's not that bad on D and B.No team in the NBA cares as much about D as the Spurs do. He's a tradeable commodity.

I am still on the bubble as to if the Spurs want to trade him or not...

I am pretty sure they do...but at the same time Pop has started to show a lot of trust in him.

On the one hand he isn't exactly what the Spurs want him to be...

OTOH he's held up to pressure and harshness of that role better than a lot of guys did. It is the most pressure filled job on this team. And it's destroyed more than one guy that tried to do it. And his versatility has come in handy for the Spurs many times this season...it just wasn't appreciated because he doesn't score 15 a game off the bench.

Like I say..I think the Lakers would be interested in him...they were the last time Phil was there..

Maybe they'll trade Chucky for him, and Spursfans can get the shot chucking guard that wants to take more shots than the stars, that they wanted Barry to be.

ducks
06-16-2005, 05:20 PM
8. NEW YORK KNICKS
Channing Frye
ROSE WILL BE TRADED AGAIN IF THAT IS THE CASE

pjjrfan
06-16-2005, 05:27 PM
Francisco Garcia played great in the NCAA tournament, and the kid has size, range and quickness.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
06-16-2005, 05:29 PM
Why Would We Want Speedy Over Beno?

because he's better

T Park
06-16-2005, 05:41 PM
trade rasho and Beno and our first round pick for Speedy and a 2nd round pick

If Nazr could be signed to an extension, I would do that trade so fast you'r head would spin.

ducks
06-16-2005, 05:49 PM
speedy better then beno?
maybe but how much? beno get more games under his belt he might be better then speedy
speedy has played more and gets paid alot more to

speedy is way overrated here
speedy is quick but not a good shooter
beno is a much better shooter
the backup point guard is not the weakest spot on the roster so it does not need a uupgrade tell the weakest spot gets updated

speedy is fast but if he was all that why did gs trade him ?

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
06-16-2005, 05:54 PM
If Nazr could be signed to an extension, I would do that trade so fast you'r head would spin.

Yea, Spurs really do not need a 1st round pick this year, they have somehow find money to extend nazr, sign scola, and re-sign Devin.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
06-16-2005, 05:56 PM
speedy better then beno?
maybe but how much? beno get more games under his belt he might be better then speedy
speedy has played more and gets paid alot more to

speedy is way overrated here
speedy is quick but not a good shooter
beno is a much better shooter
the backup point guard is not the weakest spot on the roster so it does not need a uupgrade tell the weakest spot gets updated

speedy is fast but if he was all that why did gs trade him ?

They traded speedy because they were getting Baron Davis, Beno is decent, but he's TERRIBLE at handling pressure, we need a quick point guard who has no trouble breaking the press. The only problem I have with speedy is he is injury prone.

ducks
06-16-2005, 06:06 PM
beno is a rookie
barry did a bad job last game also

pistons also have one of the best d's in the nba

speedy is better then beno but beno does belong on the same court as speedy

Kori Ellis
06-16-2005, 06:12 PM
trade rasho and Beno and our first round pick for Speedy and a 2nd round pick

The salaries are not even close.

Speedy makes 3.6M, Rasho makes 6.7M.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
06-16-2005, 06:14 PM
beno is a rookie
barry did a bad job last game also

pistons also have one of the best d's in the nba

speedy is better then beno but beno does belong on the same court as speedy

Beno is a rookie, and he might turn out to be really good, but right now he is really inconsistent, I just think the spurs are suited better for a backup point that is ready to contribute now.

T Park
06-16-2005, 06:17 PM
The salaries are not even close.

Speedy makes 3.6M, Rasho makes 6.7M

Fuckin Rasho.

Beno's salary thrown in doesn't help?

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
06-16-2005, 06:20 PM
I thought speedy got a bigger contract then that, either way, it'd be nice to pickup speedy somehow, or even Dickau would be a nice pickup.

Kori Ellis
06-16-2005, 06:21 PM
Beno's salary thrown in doesn't help?

It makes it worse. You'd have to get more back from N.O., not give them more.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-16-2005, 06:45 PM
:lol We need to pitch in and send Tpark a Salary Cap for Dummies book.

T Park
06-16-2005, 06:49 PM
my bad got the salaries mixed up.

No one I know of on the team makes 3 million, that is worth trading...

whottt
06-16-2005, 06:55 PM
Damn TPark...you've spent the better part of 2 years going after anyone that said an unkind word about Rasho and now you are saying fuck him right along with the rest of them.

Does the mean you were an ahole for defending Rasho the past 2 years?

I personally don't like seeing players that took paycuts to be a Spur get trashed...

T Park
06-16-2005, 07:08 PM
Damn TPark...you've spent the better part of 2 years going after anyone that said an unkind word about Rasho and now you are saying fuck him right along with the rest of them.

I personally don't like seeing players that took paycuts to be a Spur get trashed...

If you get Scola under contract, sign Nazr to an extension??

Ship out Rasho.

T Park
06-16-2005, 07:09 PM

I dont follow how that makes me an "ahole"

whottt
06-16-2005, 07:22 PM
Because you ripped everyone else who said fuck Rasho for the last 2 years and now you are saying something similar.

whottt
06-16-2005, 07:24 PM
And I just don't get the feeling that Scola is going to come over here and win the MVP as a rookie...like everyone else seems to think.

whottt
06-16-2005, 07:32 PM
That's all true...but Nazr could turn into a major ahole during contract negotiations. He may not want to stay in SA.

You don't trade Rasho until you know what Nazris going to do(and have him locked up longterm) because starting quality C's are hard to find and Rasho is a starting quality C.

And Rasho wants to be here...we don't know what Nazr wants. Not until Nazr is signed...at a good price.