PDA

View Full Version : NFL Forum Fandhood Audit

jag
09-12-2011, 05:04 PM
Alright, niggas...

In an attempt to separate real fans from the majority of Lakers/Yankees/Cowboys fans, I will be auditing the fanhood of the posters within this forum.

It's going to get ugly this season and if I'm going to get doodied on, I'd like to know that I'm at least being doodied on by a legitimate fan.

It's a very simple process. I'd like to see:

1) The NFL team(s)* you root for
2) The reasons you root for said team(s)

*There are some instances, such as being molested as a child, that would make it perfectly acceptable to be a die-hard fan of two teams.

It can be difficult to draw a defining line when determining legitimate fanhood vs. illegitimate fanhood, so I will use my Solomon like judgment to make fair assessments.

There are times when someone grows up so far from an NFL market, they just have to pick a team. Fair enough. I will take that into account. There are times when someone grows up in an NFL market and roots for a team across the country. I'd like to know the reasons for your fanhood. I'm interested to find out how someone who has lived in Texas their entire life (JT) became such a die-hard Colts fan. There are many acceptable explanations. Having a dad who rooted for that team can sometimes be acceptable, but other times it just means your old man was a pussy bandwagoneer just like you.

So... let's talk about it guys

:corn:

Lincoln
09-12-2011, 05:17 PM
Tbh my dad was a redskins fan cause he was from DC so growing up in Dallas it was hard to be a Cowboys fan when your father hated them. I'm a cowboys fan only cause I grew up in this area and get to see more of their games than anyone else's. It sucks though and I've been thinking about just being a Texans fan because as it is right now, Im loosely considered a cowboy fan. I just don't wanna be a bandwagoning fuck stick

Axe Murderer
09-12-2011, 05:23 PM
^City of Dallas won't miss you

pawe
09-12-2011, 05:24 PM
Obviously the Arizona Cardinals.
I root for them so I can help my fellow Arizonans keep their jobs because I watch every home game in the stadium and buy food and drinks and gear there.
*11-5 this season TBH

Lincoln
09-12-2011, 05:32 PM
^City of Dallas won't miss you

:lol I'm kidding tbh about the texans part

Axe Murderer
09-12-2011, 05:35 PM
:lol i was talking about the facebook thing

jag
09-12-2011, 05:41 PM
Real Fans so far:

That NIGGA Lincoln
Lincoln's dad
Pawe
And I already know Bump is one of the Jerry Gang through-n-through

Lincoln
09-12-2011, 05:49 PM
:lol i was talking about the facebook thing

:lmao

He types like koriwhat :lol

DPG21920
09-12-2011, 05:53 PM
I'm not really a fan of any team. I grew up in dat realist place only known as da sa town so I have no team. In dat city you pick a team young and stick wit it. My oldest bro has dem Broncos, my others have the Seahawks & Chargers respectively. Pops is a Fins fan. I'm undecided.

Spursfan092120
09-12-2011, 05:55 PM
I'm a Cowboys fan. Been one since the day I was born. First t-shirt I ever got came from my grandfather and it had the star on it. I was raised watching games, and still watch them every week to this day. My grandfather, who passed away last year was the biggest Cowboys fan I've ever met, and he had me going the same way. I cheered them through 1-15, and through 3 Super Bowls, and I'll cheer them till the day I die. I have other teams I like...but the only team I cheer for is the Cowboys, and anybody playing the Eagles, Giants, or Redskins. True Blue.

Lincoln
09-12-2011, 05:57 PM
I'm a Cowboys fan. Been one since the day I was born. First t-shirt I ever got came from my grandfather and it had the star on it. I was raised watching games, and still watch them every week to this day. My grandfather, who passed away last year was the biggest Cowboys fan I've ever met, and he had me going the same way. I cheered them through 1-15, and through 3 Super Bowls, and I'll cheer them till the day I die. I have other teams I like...but the only team I cheer for is the Cowboys, and anybody playing the Eagles, Giants, or Redskins. True Blue.

This is gnsf esque

Spursfan092120
09-12-2011, 05:58 PM

This is gnsf esque

It is what it is..real talk. Like I've said before, I don't care what people say about me. He asked about why we're fans..I gave it..

Lincoln
09-12-2011, 06:02 PM
Tbh not trolling but how did you know you were a cowboys fan on day one? I didn't even understand football completely till I was 8 tbh

Spursfan092120
09-12-2011, 06:07 PM
Tbh not trolling but how did you know you were a cowboys fan on day one? I didn't even understand football completely till I was 8 tbh

I don't consider that trolling. I guess I didn't truly KNOW I was a fan. I was raised watching them, and everyone in my family was huge Cowboys fans...it just came with the territory, and I wasn't a non-conformist or anything. Plus, it was really cool to watch a team go from 1-15 to a dominating performance in the SuperBowl a few years later. I was heartbroken in '89...really made '93 a more memorable season for me. The Cowboys were my first team I really cheered for. Spurs were the second, the year David Robinson started.

lefty
09-12-2011, 06:12 PM

:lol

Axe Murderer
09-12-2011, 06:43 PM
Well, I guess i'll cooperate with the OP. My fanhood is pretty complicated so try and follow along.

I root for all Dallas teams because I'm from the area. I root for Texas Tech because i go there

Hope you guys got all that

4>0rings
09-12-2011, 06:46 PM
I'm not really a fan of any team. I grew up in dat realist place only known as da sa town so I have no team. In dat city you pick a team young and stick wit it. My oldest bro has dem Broncos, my others have the Seahawks & Chargers respectively. Pops is a Fins fan. I'm undecided.
This is how it's done in a city where you don't have a damn team. My brother is a Texan/Oiler fan, other brother is Dolphins fan, and I was a Bronco fan during Elway era but moved to being a Cowboys fan, I had to keep it regional playa. Though I became a Cowboys fan AFTER their super bowl wins, no front running here.

Spurminator
09-12-2011, 06:59 PM
I root for the Cowboys to win because when they lose, Dallas sports radio the following day becomes unbearable.

JoeTait75
09-12-2011, 07:11 PM
1) The NFL team(s)* you root for
2) The reasons you root for said team(s)

1.) Cleveland Browns

2.)

a.) I grew up in the Cleveland area.

b.) My parents and grandparents on both sides are/were Browns fans.

c.) My older brother made me. When I was a little kid I wanted to be an L.A. Raiders fan because they had guys like Marcus Allen and Howie Long and the Browns sucked. My older brother put an end to that in a hurry.

When I found myself getting pissed over Browns losses (including a last-second loss to the Raiders in '85) I knew I was hooked.

jag
09-12-2011, 07:15 PM
Tbh, I respect the hell out of fans that root for shit ass teams. I genuinely respect Texans fans. They picked a team and stuck with it. So what if that mickey mouse organization will never win shit, it's the journey that counts.

For what it's worth, I think 90210 is so emotional he'll always root for the cowboys even if they never win anything again. I think his emotional instability would lead to problems IRL, but he'd keep rooting anyway.

Also, it bothers me that DPG isn't a cowboys fan. He'd be a good addition to a fanbase inundated with fair-weather fans who just happen to also "love" the lakers and Yankees.

jag
09-12-2011, 07:16 PM
1.) Cleveland Browns

2.)

a.) I grew up in the Cleveland area.

b.) My parents and grandparents on both sides are/were Browns fans.

c.) My older brother made me. When I was a little kid I wanted to be an L.A. Raiders fan because they had guys like Marcus Allen and Howie Long and the Browns sucked. My older brother put an end to that in a hurry.

When I found myself getting pissed over Browns losses (including a last-second loss to the Raiders in '85) I knew I was hooked.

Your brother is an honorable man. He taught you well. As a Browns fan, you take your lickings like a man.

Ditty
09-12-2011, 07:34 PM
Im a redskins fan from San Antonio, everyone in my family is a redskin fan because there high school logo was the redskin logo(harlandale), but none of them probably know one player that plays on the team lol, my dad is a cowboys fan though, but oddly San Antonio has huge Redskin, and Bears, and of course Steelers fan bases. I was a huge Darrel Green fan growing up his speed was something of amaze, which influenced me to play cornerback in high school, and I always liked the redskins logo, and colors also caught my eye growing up. I have family ties in Maryland also.

Lincoln
09-12-2011, 07:36 PM
bump do u graduate this yr?

i may transfer next yr imo

rememba det one time where i was almost your understudy at texas tech? :cry great fuckin dream that didnt pan out :cry

dirk4mvp
09-12-2011, 07:58 PM
In the process of looking for a new team

LnGrrrR
09-12-2011, 08:16 PM
Born in Boston, grew up in Lynn, so... pretty obvious.

IronMexican
09-12-2011, 08:24 PM
Raider fan

My family were Raider fans before the came and left LA.

DeadlyDynasty
09-12-2011, 08:29 PM
Half my family is from Niagara Falls, the other half MD...I was raised as both a Bills and Redskins fan, but chose the Bills.

Poor choice.

Spursfan092120
09-12-2011, 08:34 PM
Half my family is from Niagara Falls, the other half MD...I was raised as both a Bills and Redskins fan, but chose the Bills.

Poor choice.

I wouldn't say so...yeah, you lost 4 SB's, but you've been to 4..more than most can say. One of the best QBs (Jim Kelly), and you have a good looking future right now. I'd be proud if I was a Bills fan.

DeadlyDynasty
09-12-2011, 08:37 PM
I wouldn't say so...yeah, you lost 4 SB's, but you've been to 4..more than most can say. One of the best QBs (Jim Kelly), and you have a good looking future right now. I'd be proud if I was a Bills fan.

4 SB losses, Music City Forward Pass, 12-year playoff drought, and our best player ever is a double-murderer. Yeah, I'm just oozing with pride.

Pelicans78
09-12-2011, 09:00 PM
Saints fan. Grew up on the Mississippi gulf coast.

HarlemHeat37
09-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Broncos..they were the default team on NFL Quarterback '98(against Green Bay), which was how I got into the NFL, tbh, so I've been a die-hard ever since(my brother took the Packers)..

Spursfan092120
09-12-2011, 09:07 PM
4 SB losses, Music City Forward Pass, 12-year playoff drought, and our best player ever is a double-murderer. Yeah, I'm just oozing with pride.

lol..well since you put it that way...just trying to make you feel better about the situation.

IronMexican
09-12-2011, 09:08 PM
You're also a Packers fan. We remember your knob slobbing last post-season.

Calling Williams underrated when he was already rated properly, etc...

Isitjustme?
09-12-2011, 10:05 PM
I'm a Cowboys fan. Been one since the day my parents performed that emergency c-section on my mother just so they could outfit me in a stretchable Cowboys jersey. After they sewed her back up I wore that until my mother came to term and I was born in it. First pacifier I ever got came from my grandfather and it was a figure of Tom Landry with a nipple like thing protruding from his zipper. I was raised watching games, and still watch them every week to this day. By that I mean even in the offseason on Sundays I watch tapes of old games I already know the result of. My grandfather, who passed away last year was the biggest Cowboys fan I've ever met, and he had me going the same way. I cheered them through 1-15, and through 3 Super Bowls, and I'll cheer them till the day I die. Then I'll come back as a ghost and cheer them some more and haunt the houses of Dallas Redskin fans. I have other teams I like...but the only team I cheer for is the Cowboys, and anybody playing the Eagles, Giants, or Redskins. True Blue.

Monostradamus
09-12-2011, 10:08 PM
I didn't start rooting for the Patriots until they drafted Bledsoe. I liked the highlights I saw of him and decided to root for him in the NFL. Plus I lived in Fort Devens for a couple years when my dad was still in the Army.

LnGrrrR
09-12-2011, 10:08 PM
Saints fan. Grew up on the Mississippi gulf coast.

Whereat? Biloxi? Bay of St Louis?

jag
09-12-2011, 10:09 PM
In the process of looking for a new team

You're what's wrong with America

Monostradamus
09-12-2011, 10:10 PM
Music City Forward Pass

lol we all have our ridiculous homer takes. Mine is "By the letter of the law it was a tuck".

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-12-2011, 10:11 PM
I'm a Cowboys fan. Been one since the day my parents performed that emergency c-section on my mother just so they could outfit me in a stretchable Cowboys jersey. After they sewed her back up I wore that until my mother came to term and I was born in it. First pacifier I ever got came from my grandfather and it was a figure of Tom Landry with a nipple like thing protruding from his zipper. I was raised watching games, and still watch them every week to this day. By that I mean even in the offseason on Sundays I watch tapes of old games I already know the result of. My grandfather, who passed away last year was the biggest Cowboys fan I've ever met, and he had me going the same way. I cheered them through 1-15, and through 3 Super Bowls, and I'll cheer them till the day I die. Then I'll come back as a ghost and cheer them some more and haunt the houses of Dallas Redskin fans. I have other teams I like...but the only team I cheer for is the Cowboys, and anybody playing the Eagles, Giants, or Redskins. True Blue.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-12-2011, 10:11 PM
lol we all have our ridiculous homer takes. Mine is "By the letter of the law it was a tuck".
Mine is "there was a holding penalty the refs ignored on Tyree's catch"

Monostradamus
09-12-2011, 10:14 PM
Mine is "there was a holding penalty the refs ignored on Tyree's catch"

:lol

Actually I have two, because by the letter of the law it really was a tuck, so that's not much of a homer take. My other homer take is "Bailey's fumble should have been a touchback. Combine that with 3-4 other bullshit PI calls and the Patriots beat Denver, then kick Pitt's ass, then kick Seattle's ass in the SB"

Monostradamus
09-12-2011, 10:16 PM
seriously look it up tho. The Broncos scored 21 points in that playoff game driving the ball a total of like 30 yards, all because of bullshit pass interference calls, and the Bailey fumble that should have been a touchback.

jag
09-12-2011, 10:18 PM

Your fanhood is under review

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-12-2011, 10:19 PM
Tbh I can't remember a playoff game other than that one New England lost while massively outplaying the other team like that but getting killed with penalties and turnovers.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-12-2011, 10:20 PM
Your fanhood is under review
Have you contacted a big 4 auditing firm to handle these reviews? I just got off the phone with Ernst & Young and their fanhood audit prices are pretty steep.

Monostradamus
09-12-2011, 10:20 PM
n74qajrx4b4

Watson regulating like a Boss ######. And that was absolutely a fucking touchback.

Kirk Nowitzki
09-12-2011, 10:22 PM
Yeah, good job showing up in this forum after there's a well established little clique of people who have been bitching at each other about the NFL for *YEARS* and trying to throw your weight around with this, "I'm going to judge you on your fanhood" bullshit. Obviously, you're a shitstain of a fan if you just started caring about football enough in 2011 to feel the need to come all the way down here to "the fallout shelter" and tell us you're going to judge us from your high horse.

For the record I'm not going to tell you shit about what team I root for. If you care enough look it up your futher mocking self.

Monostradamus
09-12-2011, 10:23 PM
Yeah, good job showing up in this forum after there's a well established little clique of people who have been bitching at each other about the NFL for *YEARS* and trying to throw your weight around with this, "I'm going to judge you on your fanhood" bullshit. Obviously, you're a shitstain of a fan if you just started caring about football enough in 2011 to feel the need to come all the way down here to "the fallout shelter" and tell us you're going to judge us from your high horse.

For the record I'm not going to tell you shit about what team I root for. If you care enough look it up your futher mocking self.

sup JT

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-12-2011, 10:23 PM
I'm pretty sure Watson put in more effort on that play than every other play combined during his New England career.

The Franchise
09-12-2011, 10:27 PM
Broncos fan since 83. Brother was a bandwagon Raiders fan and I had just started following football so he made my choice easy. Fuck the Raiders.

Kirk Nowitzki
09-12-2011, 10:35 PM
sup JT

You were the chosen one. It was said you would destroy the TLC, not join them. You were supposed to bring balance to the RK, not leave it in darkness. Hold my dick, picklebreath.

dirk4mvp
09-12-2011, 10:36 PM
You're what's wrong with America

fuck you guy

I've rooted for the Ole Piss Rebears for all my sports watching days. I think I can stick with a team that's seen some hard times.

lol tennessee

Dr. Gonzo
09-12-2011, 11:32 PM
Spurs were the second, the year David Robinson started.

Fucking bandwagoner.

I'm a Texans fan. I was an Oilers fan from the day my father skeeted me out into my mom's vagina hole. I grew up in the Corpus area so I watched all the Oilers game. I never watched the Cowboys because the games were later in the afternoon and my attention span had dwindled by 3pm and I couldn't sit through another game. I had to run around outside, throw rocks at trees and dig holes to pee in. When that piece of shit Bud Adams took the Oilers to brain dead hillbilly country I was teamless until the Texans arrived. They have been bending my over and shoving a broomstick in my asshole just like the Oilers did. I'm nice and numb back in the bunghole area.

Lincoln
09-12-2011, 11:37 PM
Fucking bandwagoner.

I'm a Texans fan. I was an Oilers fan from the day my father skeeted me out into my mom's vagina hole. I grew up in the Corpus area so I watched all the Oilers game. I never watched the Cowboys because the games were later in the afternoon and my attention span had dwindled by 3pm and I couldn't sit through another game. I had to run around outside, throw rocks at trees and dig holes to pee in. When that piece of shit Bud Adams took the Oilers to brain dead hillbilly country I was teamless until the Texans arrived. They have been bending my over and shoving a broomstick in my asshole just like the Oilers did. I'm nice and numb back in the bunghole area.
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Spursfan092120
09-12-2011, 11:42 PM
Fucking bandwagoner.

lol..bandwagoner? Because I didn't watch the Spurs till D Rob? I was fucking 9..lol..I didn't even watch basketball much before then...definitely didn't have a team. I watched football long before I started watching basketball. I was a Jordan fan, but as far as teams go, the Spurs were the first team I cheered for, because they were local, and that's my main reason for starting. But the players and the history are the reason I kept cheering.

4>0rings
09-12-2011, 11:48 PM
lol..bandwagoner? Because I didn't watch the Spurs till D Rob? I was fucking 9..lol..I didn't even watch basketball much before then...definitely didn't have a team. I watched football long before I started watching basketball. I was a Jordan fan, but as far as teams go, the Spurs were the first team I cheered for, because they were local, and that's my main reason for starting. But the players and the history are the reason I kept cheering.
This fucker got his name shaded and I'm chopped liver? God al' mighty

DAF86
09-12-2011, 11:49 PM
Tbh, I respect the hell out of fans that root for shit ass teams. I genuinely respect Texans fans. They picked a team and stuck with it. So what if that mickey mouse organization will never win shit, it's the journey that counts.

For what it's worth, I think 90210 is so emotional he'll always root for the cowboys even if they never win anything again. I think his emotional instability would lead to problems IRL, but he'd keep rooting anyway.

Also, it bothers me that DPG isn't a cowboys fan. He'd be a good addition to a fanbase inundated with fair-weather fans who just happen to also "love" the lakers and Yankees.

I'm a fan of black QBs, that's kinda like rooting for shit ass teams, imho.

LnGrrrR
09-13-2011, 01:00 AM
n74qajrx4b4

Watson regulating like a Boss ######. And that was absolutely a fucking touchback.

That one play made me a fan of Watson until he left. And that was a damn touchback. That game pissed me off so much. I acted like such a whiny bitch after we lost that I thought my gf at the time (wife now) was going to leave me. :lol

Veterinarian.
09-13-2011, 01:18 AM

Just to let the whole forum know, this is really JT and he is a Colts fan.

I hope he didn't mind me saying that

Blake
09-13-2011, 08:58 AM
Like 90210, I was given a tshirt by my daddeh when I was a young lad that said Dallas Cowboys on it. I figured that made me a Cowboys fan by default.

Sure, there were plenty of kids in class that made fun of me being a Cowboy fan. I would hear Raider kids mock me saying 'lol Danny White', but I stuck with the Boys.

Then JJ came along. My daddeh told me he killed Tom Landry.

I believed him.

Still do.

I follow the Cowboys, but I hope that Satan has a giant Redskin cock waiting for JJ when he shows up. I also can't wait to get to Heaven to ask Coach Landry why he never let Danny White run a fake punt and throw it on 4th down.

True story

jag
09-13-2011, 09:08 AM
Have you contacted a big 4 auditing firm to handle these reviews? I just got off the phone with Ernst & Young and their fanhood audit prices are pretty steep.

I'm in talks with Deloitte right now. Many of their firms are busy with college football fanhood audits, but I think they can work me in.

:lmao look at this guy. I don't even know what team you root for, but you're incredibly defensive about your fanhood.

fuck you guy

I've rooted for the Ole Piss Rebears for all my sports watching days. I think I can stick with a team that's seen some hard times.

lol tennessee

Memphis is in a tough geographical area. The Titans might as well be in another state and I have never considered them big in West TN.

I always thought you were a Colts fan. You should show some character and ride this nightmare out with Kerry Collins.

JoeTait75
09-13-2011, 09:12 AM

When you play the Browns in the playoffs and the Browns are the team that gets the breaks, you know your karma sucks.

#RonnieHarmon

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-13-2011, 09:14 AM
I'm in talks with Deloitte right now. Many of their firms are busy with college football fanhood audits, but I think they can work me in.
I'm gonna have the people from Arthur Anderson who audited Enron handle my Patriots/Cardinals fanhood tbh.

jag
09-13-2011, 09:27 AM
I'm gonna have the people from Arthur Anderson who audited Enron handle my Patriots/Cardinals fanhood tbh.

You're going to need some shady people to handle that audit.

I don't care how experienced you are, that's going to be a difficult audit. For some reason I think you being Jewish will factor into the final decision. Make sure to submit all ticket stubs, player jerseys, game worn sweat bands and wall posters. Pictures of a FatHead on your wall will go a long way... and remember, the older the picture the better. Don't forget to study up on (at the very least) the last 20 years of team history. It's not uncommon to receive a comprehensive 12 min, 50 question quiz on franchise history.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-13-2011, 09:35 AM
You're going to need some shady people to handle that audit.
:lol that's why I said Arthur Anderson was handling it

lefty
09-13-2011, 09:43 AM
I'm a Pats/Giants/Niners fan

Trill Clinton
09-13-2011, 10:13 AM
Dallas Cowboys.

Reason: I was born this way.

jag
09-13-2011, 11:19 AM
I'm a Pats/Giants/Niners fan

Is there not a football league in Algeria? The football that requires pads..

stretch
09-13-2011, 11:47 AM
Loved Bo Jackson on Tecmo Bowl, thus morphing me into a full-time Raider fan

lefty
09-13-2011, 12:30 PM
Is there not a football league in Algeria? The football that requires pads..

No

jag
09-13-2011, 12:33 PM

There are no perks involved with being a Raider fan.

Your fanhood has been certified. I'm sorry for your misfortune.

JMarkJohns
09-13-2011, 12:45 PM
Growing up in Yuma, we got a guaranteed two games a week. Whatever the Cardinals game was, and whatever the Chargers game was. Family and state allegiance for the Cardinals. I must have gone to three dozen games or so when they played at POS Sun Devil Stadium - ya know, back when teams like the Bears/Cowboys/Broncos had home games on the road thanks to shitty fan support for the Cards. I think I've only gone to one since their move. Wouldn't say I've ever been a huge fan of the Chargers, but I've followed them a bit more than other teams. Loved watching Tomlinson every Sunday.

pawe
09-13-2011, 01:09 PM
I must have gone to three dozen games or so when they played at POS Sun Devil Stadium - ya know, back when teams like the Bears/Cowboys/Broncos had home games on the road thanks to shitty fan support for the Cards.

You forgot Vikings and Packers fan invasion too.

When you dont get a home game til the 3rd week of the season, fans lose interest...oh and also, no one wants to watch a game in the still 100 degrees heat of Oct in AZ.

JoeTait75
09-13-2011, 01:33 PM
There are no perks involved with being a Raider fan.

They have their own NFL Films theme. That's kind of cool.

Trainwreck2100
09-13-2011, 03:28 PM
Growing up in Yuma, we got a guaranteed two games a week. Whatever the Cardinals game was, and whatever the Chargers game was. Family and state allegiance for the Cardinals. I must have gone to three dozen games or so when they played at POS Sun Devil Stadium - ya know, back when teams like the Bears/Cowboys/Broncos had home games on the road thanks to shitty fan support for the Cards. I think I've only gone to one since their move. Wouldn't say I've ever been a huge fan of the Chargers, but I've followed them a bit more than other teams. Loved watching Tomlinson every Sunday.

Lol pinto language arizona cowboys fans.

DeadlyDynasty
09-13-2011, 04:21 PM
When you play the Browns in the playoffs and the Browns are the team that gets the breaks, you know your karma sucks.

#RonnieHarmon

1989:depressed

Another footnote in Buffalo Bills lore is that their best win ever (The Comeback) came against a team that no longer exists...

crofl...I could never beat Washington in that game:bang

They have their own NFL Films theme. That's kind of cool.

(In John Facenda voice) "The autumn wind is a Raid-uh"

midnightpulp
09-13-2011, 04:59 PM
Raider fan. Born and raised in Southern California, and during my formative years, the Raiders played in L.A.

midnightpulp
09-13-2011, 05:00 PM

Willie Gault was the shit in that game as well.

stretch
09-13-2011, 05:14 PM
Willie Gault was the shit in that game as well.

yeah him and fernandez were a good duo. I would always put sam graddy as returners because of his speed.

Cuppycake Gumdrop
09-13-2011, 05:31 PM
crofl...I could never beat Washington in that game:bang

haha Washington was my favorite TSB team. Shotgun to Rypien, run backwards about 20 yards, then bomb it 90 yards to Monk in the end zone. Touchdown every time.

MannyIsGod
09-13-2011, 07:11 PM
TBH when I first started playing tackle football with no pads and not getting injured everyday like a total pussy (Sup Blake?), my best friends were Redskins fans (a few were from DC) so I got hooked on them. When Mark Rypien (LOL), Art Monk and Darrell Green dominated on the way to the rings it was sealed and I was a Redskins fan for life. I wavered a few years ago because it was getting miserable but the truth is I don't think I could change even if I really wanted to. It sucked as a kid after that first SB because it was also the last I've seen them win and I had to deal with my family all being Cowboys fans through the entire Aikman/Irvin/Smith era. That was brutal.

benefactor
09-13-2011, 07:52 PM
Oilers/Texans...it's a long story. The short version...Tyler is little Dallas. Dallas fans here are douches. Half my family is from Houston. I chose the Oilers when I was old enough to understand I didn't want to be a douche. Pain ensued. Buffalo Bills. Old Joe Montana. Kevin Gilbride. Bud Adams. Goodbye. Hello. More pain. Yet more pain. Comfortably numb.

LnGrrrR
09-13-2011, 07:52 PM

Good call.

DeadlyDynasty
09-13-2011, 08:08 PM
haha Washington was my favorite TSB team. Shotgun to Rypien, run backwards about 20 yards, then bomb it 90 yards to Monk in the end zone. Touchdown every time.

That combo was pretty beast in that game and in real life. Joe Gibbs is a genius for winning 3 superbowls with 3 different average-to-below average QBs...especially in an era with some nasty NFC teams (Bears, Giants, 49ers). Rypien was by and large nothing special, but for those who remember him he was one of the best deep-ball throwers I've ever seen. Having Gary Clark and Art Monk will definitely help that, though.

Oilers/Texans...it's a long story. The short version...Tyler is little Dallas. Dallas fans here are douches. Half my family is from Houston. I chose the Oilers when I was old enough to understand I didn't want to be a douche. Pain ensued. Buffalo Bills. Old Joe Montana. Kevin Gilbride. Bud Adams. Goodbye. Hello. More pain. Yet more pain. Comfortably numb.

Good ol' Kevin Killdrive...He single-handedly cost the Bills 5 games in 2003.

benefactor
09-13-2011, 08:28 PM
Gilbride giveth...Gilbride taketh away.

JoeTait75
09-13-2011, 09:36 PM
That combo was pretty beast in that game and in real life. Joe Gibbs is a genius for winning 3 superbowls with 3 different average-to-below average QBs...especially in an era with some nasty NFC teams (Bears, Giants, 49ers).

Winning Super Bowls with three different starting quarterbacks, period, is impressive. I'm pretty sure Gibbs is the only one to ever do that. (Although I do think you're underrating Joe Theismann a little bit.)

I think it also says something about Gibbs, his preparation and leadership that the Redskins won the Super Bowl in both strike-shortened seasons (1982 and 1987.)

Strange thing about Gibbs was that his best Redskins team, the 1983 team, was completely dominated by the L.A. Raiders in a Super Bowl they were favored to win.

dirk4mvp
09-13-2011, 10:55 PM
Memphis is in a tough geographical area. The Titans might as well be in another state and I have never considered them big in West TN.

They are. There's the group of fuckstick Saints fans in the midsouth, but most are Titans fans. The Titans games are broadcasted all the way down in here in Oxford and probably even further down.

JMarkJohns
09-13-2011, 11:11 PM
You forgot Vikings and Packers fan invasion too.

When you dont get a home game til the 3rd week of the season, fans lose interest...oh and also, no one wants to watch a game in the still 100 degrees heat of Oct in AZ.

Probably. I mentioned those three because I attended several games vs. them and it seemed 2/3 to 3/4 their fans.

I do get what you're saying, though. Fans are far less interested in seeing a 0-2 team than 0-0, and, yes, the heat factors in, although I'd seen several games at Sun Devil Stadium for the Devils in the same heat that had the support (lots of heat exhaustion, too).

Dex
09-14-2011, 12:03 AM
Although I was born and raised in San Antonio, my dad was born in Dallas and has always been a Cowboys fan, so I guess you could say it runs in the family. Some of my best memories with my Pops were sitting together and watching the 'Boys make their Superbowl runs. I've been a Cowboys faithful ever since....even though it hasn't been easy over the last decade or so.

Kirk Nowitzki
09-14-2011, 01:34 AM
:lmao look at this guy. I don't even know what team you root for, but you're incredibly defensive about your fanhood.

Your Jedi mind tricks won't work on me, Slim. It's real simple. You sign up for this site in 2007. This forum has been getting more and more popular each season so I can definitely understand why you want to be here now. It's just ironic as fuck that the guy who waited four years to decide the NFL board was worth posting on thinks he gets to judge everyone else.

Whatever shitstain team you root for should be ashamed to have you.

mojorizen7
09-14-2011, 03:27 AM
Rams. L.A./St Louis

I first began following the Rams in 1979...yeah, the year they lost to the mighty Steelers in SB 14.
Growing up in AZ in the 70's into the early 80's there was no team here, so it was easy to adopt a team. I only wish that somehow we would've gotten the Rams to PHX in 1988...rather than the shit Cardinals.

Franchise>geography for me.
Rams forever.

I root for the Baltimore Ravens in the AFC. I like the way they play football.
As far as a current non-Rams player that i love to watch....Aaron Rodgers.
----------------
I hate the 49ers(long-time rival)
I despise the Patriots(2001 Homeland Security Bowl champions)
I dont like the Cowboys(America's team and all that bullshit...)

Blake
09-14-2011, 09:54 AM
TBH when I first started playing tackle football with no pads and not getting injured everyday like a total pussy (Sup Blake)

never did hear how it went for you playing Pop Warner football with no pads.

still :lmao that you think soccer in America would ever pass up baseball in popularity

jag
09-14-2011, 03:09 PM
Your Jedi mind tricks won't work on me, Slim. It's real simple. You sign up for this site in 2007. This forum has been getting more and more popular each season so I can definitely understand why you want to be here now. It's just ironic as fuck that the guy who waited four years to decide the NFL board was worth posting on thinks he gets to judge everyone else.

Whatever shitstain team you root for should be ashamed to have you.

:lol I didn't think this really bothered you. I post in here sporadically during the NFL season. I wasn't aware you wanted to see more of me.

Are you upset because I used you as an example in my original post? I only see one angry person in this thread, and it just so happens to be the same person who has a meltdown once every month or so. In all honesty, I thought you had either quit posting or killed yourself. I only considered the last part to be a possibility because I was under the impression you're legitimately suicidal.

Whatever shitstain team I root for, I actually have a reason to root for. Let's talk about you...

lefty
09-14-2011, 03:20 PM
I despise the Patriots(2001 Homeland Security Bowl champions)

Patriots sounds too pro-america to you?

Axe Murderer
09-14-2011, 03:30 PM
kinda off topic but how come every hot girl that follows baseball is a Red Sox fan? atleast that's how it is in Texas

MannyIsGod
09-14-2011, 04:11 PM
never did hear how it went for you playing Pop Warner football with no pads.

still :lmao that you think soccer in America would ever pass up baseball in popularity

I hope my post didn't hit you too hard, TBH. Would hate to bruise that vagina.

Blake
09-14-2011, 04:36 PM
I hope my post didn't hit you too hard, TBH. Would hate to bruise that vagina.

you haven't played organized football without using pads.

you're extremely ignorant, tbh.

mojorizen7
09-14-2011, 05:04 PM
Patriots sounds too pro-america to you?
America got what they wanted/needed in that super bowl.

I'm sure Bernie Kukar can fill you in on the details of how that farce of a super bowl actually occurred. :wakeup

The tuck rule earlier in the playoffs was only the beginning...

MannyIsGod
09-14-2011, 06:44 PM
you haven't played organized football without using pads.

you're extremely ignorant, tbh.

:depressed:depressed:depressed:depressed:depressed :depressed:depressed:depressed:depressed:depressed :depressed:depressed:depressed:depressed

Blake's got an ouchie.

stretch
09-14-2011, 07:41 PM

really, the best team in the game is the eagles, because of one guy... Randall Cunningham. everyone talks so much about how good Bo was, but Cunningham was 100000x harder to stop.

Blake
09-14-2011, 08:40 PM
:depressed:depressed:depressed:depressed:depressed :depressed:depressed:depressed:depressed:depressed :depressed:depressed:depressed:depressed

Blake's got an ouchie.

Your comedy routine has an ouchie

Monostradamus
09-14-2011, 08:51 PM
really, the best team in the game is the eagles, because of one guy... Randall Cunningham. everyone talks so much about how good Bo was, but Cunningham was 100000x harder to stop.

:tu QB Eagles was pretty damn impressive. That default direct snap run play for him was unstoppable.

Monostradamus
09-14-2011, 08:53 PM
America got what they wanted/needed in that super bowl.

I'm sure Bernie Kukar can fill you in on the details of how that farce of a super bowl actually occurred. :wakeup

The tuck rule earlier in the playoffs was only the beginning...

:lmao Yeah because the best thing for millions of New Yorkers still in mourning was to have to endure douchey Boston fans celebrating a championship.

Blake
09-14-2011, 08:54 PM

I seem to recall Reggie White kicking ass on that Eagles team too.

Blake
09-14-2011, 08:56 PM
:tu QB Eagles was pretty damn impressive.

lol that's right

player's association rules or something along those lines

JoeTait75
09-14-2011, 09:13 PM
I seem to recall Reggie White kicking ass on that Eagles team too.

Actually, Fred Barnett and Calvin Williams were pretty good too. Keith Jackson was a beast. Philly was my squad in Tecmo II.

Kirk Nowitzki
09-15-2011, 02:45 PM
:lol I didn't think this really bothered you. I post in here sporadically during the NFL season. I wasn't aware you wanted to see more of me.

Are you upset because I used you as an example in my original post? I only see one angry person in this thread, and it just so happens to be the same person who has a meltdown once every month or so. In all honesty, I thought you had either quit posting or killed yourself. I only considered the last part to be a possibility because I was under the impression you're legitimately suicidal.

Whatever shitstain team I root for, I actually have a reason to root for. Let's talk about you...

To be honest scro I kind of skimmed the first post in this thread as you're really not that important and you were straight forward with what this thread is about. I do think it's a cute gesture that you went out of your way to say you made this thread because you wonder why people like me root for the Colts. Real flattering. If you truly care to know, you're capable of looking it up yourself. If you don't want to do that, it doesn't matter because you're already very obviously a piece a shit.

symple19
09-16-2011, 12:06 PM
Niners

I've explained it enough that I won't do it again here

jag
09-16-2011, 12:51 PM
To be honest scro I kind of skimmed the first post in this thread as you're really not that important and you were straight forward with what this thread is about. I do think it's a cute gesture that you went out of your way to say you made this thread because you wonder why people like me root for the Colts. Real flattering. If you truly care to know, you're capable of looking it up yourself. If you don't want to do that, it doesn't matter because you're already very obviously a piece a shit.

I'm surprised you're so bothered by this thread, considering it was made by someone who you claim to be "really not that important".

I'm not sure why you think I'm a piece of shit, friend. Was it the suicide thing? Look, I’m not the guy trying to tell you not to off yourself. But I’m most certainly not the guy telling you that you actually have a purpose in this world.

That being said, this thread was really just a means for people to talk about why they’re fans of their particular team(s)*. The claim of a fanhood audit was really just in jest. You may not know this, but I haven’t actually been in contact with accounting firms while looking for a suitor to conduct a comprehensive fanhood audit of this forum. I hardly expected soft-ass bandwagon fans to stroll in here to tell me they’ve only been following their team because they won the Super Bowl last year or the year before.

*There are some instances, such as being molested as a child, that would make it perfectly acceptable to be a die-hard fan of two teams.

dirk4mvp
09-16-2011, 01:53 PM
Let's stop this or I'll send a PM to the moderator of the NFL forum.