PDA

View Full Version : Pharmacist Defends Self, Gets Fired by Walgreens

DMC
09-12-2011, 05:27 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/fired-walgreens-gun-toting-michigan-pharmacist-filled-robbers/story?id=13705438

This is bullshit.

However, he cannot use "I didn't know about the policy" because he said he was in fear of his life. If a policy would have made a difference in his decision, he either doesn't value his life or his life wasn't in danger. It's obvious his life was in danger.

BlackSwordsMan
09-12-2011, 05:30 PM
shoulda got shot and he woulda kept his job

DMC
09-12-2011, 05:31 PM
shoulda got shot and he woulda kept his job

His SO would have collected.

baseline bum
09-12-2011, 05:31 PM
I would fire him too for being such a lousy shot.

DMC
09-12-2011, 05:33 PM
It seems like the airlines used to have a "non-escalation policy" as well. That shit has changed.

CubanSucks
09-12-2011, 05:42 PM
To pharmacist Jeremy Hoven, it was a prescription for trouble. So he filled it with hot lead.

yeah, they just went there. Whoever wrote that deserves to be shot

and no doubt this is ridiculous. I'd love to hear what the fuckers at corporate would suggest he do in that situation.

BlackSwordsMan
09-12-2011, 05:46 PM
Watch the robbers sue the dude for being shot at. Emotional distress.

pawe
09-12-2011, 07:19 PM
We need more people like him. We cant let these assholes just come in and do what they want. These stories will make them think twice about committing crime.

Me, I'll empty my magazine on a bad guy without hesitation and even do an in the open slide-lock reload on the move for his buddy.

DMX7
09-12-2011, 08:35 PM
Of course they were black...

Frenzy
09-12-2011, 10:08 PM
Retail would rather take a loss of a few hundred dollars from criminals then to lose thousands maybe millions on an employee suing for gettinng injured. Employees are never to stop/confront thieves. Leave that to loss prevention. Just sit there and take the gun to your face like a bitch.

jag
09-12-2011, 10:16 PM
Of course they were black...

That's racist

Bender
09-12-2011, 10:20 PM
To pharmacist Jeremy Hoven, it was a prescription for trouble. So he filled it with hot lead.
lol, that's like an advertising blurb on the cover of a paperback western...

They're talking boycott, saying they will take their business to CVS or Wal-Mart."
what's the point, all stores would have the same policy

pawe
09-13-2011, 12:51 PM
Just sit there and take the gun to your face like a bitch.

One slip of the finger from a frantic shaking perp and you're toast.
I'd just hope the bullet would kill the victim instead of leaving him blind or paralyzed from the neck down.

mrsmaalox
09-13-2011, 01:07 PM
I don't see how Walgreens will be able to get away with this one. Sure they have a policy that directs a nonconfrontational method of handling these kinds of situations, but they also don't have a policy "forbidding" their employees from carrying firearms. If Walgreens didn't want to be responsible for whatever happens when an employee chooses to carry a firearm, shouldn't they have a policy forbidding it? Just "discouraging" it leaves it up to the individual employee and in a way implies that Walgreens accepts whatever results from that.