PDA

View Full Version : Helin : what Spurs should do when lockout ends

lefty
09-12-2011, 10:56 PM
http://t.co/Qwoj3ml

Dex
09-12-2011, 11:09 PM
The Spurs won championships with defense, consistent but plodding offense, discipline, and rebounding. They have drifted too far towards what I refer to as “Matt Bonner Land.”

Sounds about right to me.

DMC
09-13-2011, 12:42 AM
Sounds like what's been said here about a billions times.

will_spurs
09-13-2011, 04:41 AM
Tell us something we don't know.

Hooks
09-13-2011, 07:33 AM
We need a damn center that can block shots. I'm guessing we may see career high in minutes for bonner this year.

cheguevara
09-13-2011, 08:20 AM
this would have been original 3 years ago

Mel_13
09-13-2011, 08:39 AM
You would think that an article titled "What the Spurs should do when the lockout ends…", would include some ideas about, you know, what the Spurs should do when the lockout ends.

lefty
09-13-2011, 08:45 AM
this would have been original 3 years ago
:lol

lefty
09-13-2011, 08:45 AM
You would think that an article titled "What the Spurs should do when the lockout ends…", would include some ideas about, you know, what the Spurs should do when the lockout ends.
I agree

Instead, it justs describes the issues we have, no solution is offered

Giuseppe
09-13-2011, 10:46 AM
When you got a worry wart like Pop, a shit bag like Duncan, a rapist like Neal, and a manure pile like Manu you're pretty well fucked.

Proxy
09-13-2011, 12:51 PM
When you got a worry wart like Pop, a shit bag like Duncan, a rapist like Neal, and a manure pile like Manu you're pretty well fucked.

you believe in God, moron

Giuseppe
09-13-2011, 01:01 PM
You guys can't cut mustard no more. You can't even lick the jar. You can't go toe-2-toe with anybody so you spend the lion's share of a game trying to fool 'em.

The frost is off the pumpkin.

Bill_Brasky
09-13-2011, 01:11 PM

When you're coming off The Skunker, I'm pretty sure you have literally zero room.

Giuseppe
09-13-2011, 01:18 PM
When you're coming off The Skunker, I'm pretty sure you have literally zero room.

Especially when you followed The Skunker up with 8.

Bill_Brasky
09-13-2011, 01:20 PM
Especially when you followed The Skunker up with 8.

I'm far from talking NBA shit right now. All my focus is on NFL and NCAA shit talking.

Fuck Romo, btw.

Giuseppe
09-13-2011, 01:40 PM
Fuck Romo, btw.

The NFL can't afford to have him continue to fail.

Bill_Brasky
09-13-2011, 01:52 PM

Fuckin' right. The Cowboys should play Romo for 3 quarters then have Kitna or McGee come in and finish up the game. They might not get many TD's, but at least they won't fumble at the 1 yard line when they're about to score the go-ahead TD.

spurs10
09-13-2011, 01:55 PM
You'd think....

Giuseppe
09-13-2011, 02:02 PM
You'd think....

...you can't do anything as long as you're beholden to the old guard of Pop, Manu & Duncan. They're owed. You have to see it to the end. Their end.

ElNono
09-13-2011, 05:11 PM
...you can't do anything as long as you're beholden to the old guard of Pop, Manu & Duncan. They're owed. You have to see it to the end. Their end.

Seppe', remember when the Princess had to nail you to the tree of woe and then kick you down to the cesspool? Careful what you sow.

Dex
09-13-2011, 05:41 PM

Yes, because Dallas has been such a powerhouse over the past decade. :rolleyes Pretty sure the Cowboy's days of being "America's team" are over....and this is coming from a Cowboys fan.

Sean Cagney
09-13-2011, 10:17 PM
Sounds like what's been said here about a billions times.

YEP BUT OUR IDIOT coach still does not get it for some reason :lol:depressed. Some fans do not get it as well, I have seen some idiot Bonner fans in here before trying to tell me he is not the problem or not part of it.

Sean Cagney
09-13-2011, 10:19 PM

LOL this idiot still in here all summer long saying the same dumb shit :lmao:rolleyes

TD 21
09-16-2011, 05:30 PM
We need a damn center that can block shots. I'm guessing we may see career high in minutes for bonner this year.

"We" have one, his name is Tim Duncan and he's one of the best shot blockers in the league.

I'd be surprised if Bonner plays more than the roughly 22 mpg he played last season, but it depends on whether they acquire a starting power forward or not. If they, as I suspect, acquire Amir Johnson, then Bonner will probably play roughly the same amount. If they don't, then I could see Bonner playing a couple more mpg, because of the inability of Splitter and Blair to space the floor.

Dex
09-16-2011, 06:39 PM
"We" have one, his name is Tim Duncan and he's one of the best shot blockers in the league.

I'd be surprised if Bonner plays more than the roughly 22 mpg he played last season, but it depends on whether they acquire a starting power forward or not. If they, as I suspect, acquire Amir Johnson, then Bonner will probably play roughly the same amount. If they don't, then I could see Bonner playing a couple more mpg, because of the inability of Splitter and Blair to space the floor.

If Bonner plays over 20mpg this season, Spurs are fucked. EOS.

Mr. Body
09-18-2011, 03:36 PM
How many years have we been wondering if this was the year Pop was gonna limit Bonner's minutes? The only thing saving us from more Matt fucking Bonner on the court waaaay too much is the goddamn lockout.

Giuseppe
09-18-2011, 06:29 PM
Seppe', remember when the Princess had to nail you to the tree of woe and then kick you down to the cesspool? Careful what you sow.

Yes. I was naked and she was pointing & laughing. It was an exciting time. I'll never forget it.