PDA

View Full Version : Has the Long-Sought Link to Modern Humans Been Found?

phyzik
09-13-2011, 01:41 AM
Will it take even more insurmountable proof to convince the Creationists from taking their fingers out of their ears screaming "LA LA LA, I CANT HEAR YOU, WE WHERE CREATED BY A MAGIC MAN IN THE SKY 6000 YEARS AGO!"

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2011/09/a-pair-of-fossils-from-a-south-african-cave-have-scientists-both-excited-and-puzzled-scientists-say-the-fossils-an-adult.html#more

Scientists say a pair of fossils from a South African cave— an adult female and a juvenile — which display a small brain, but a brain that's beginning to reorganize in some ways that resemble our brain--could be the long-sought transition between ape-like ancestors and the first humans.

It's surmised that Australopithecus sediba still used his hands for climbing in trees, but it was likely also capable of making the precision grips believed necessary to make stone tools, according to Tracy Kivell, paleoanthropologist, with the Max Planck Institute

The "mix-and-match" anatomy, with traits of both primitive and modern animals,make the
South African fossils, dated at 1.9 million years ago is "probably the best candidate ancestor for giving rise to our immediate ancestor."

According tp Berger, just before the earliest humans appeared, Africa was thick with all sorts of ape-but-not-ape creatures. The evolution of big-brained, walking, tool-making primates was like a river splitting into numerous streams.

Berger says his two sediba fossils look like a real transition between Lucy's "people" and something pretty human-like. "It shows a small brain," he says, "but a brain that's beginning to reorganize in some ways that resemble our brain. You have things like a heel bone that's as primitive as a chimpanzee, attached to the ankle bone that's as evolved as ours is."

Sediba's hand is unusually complete and also shows a "mix-and-match" anatomy. "Sediba likely still used his hands for climbing in trees, but it was likely also capable of making the precision grips that we believe are necessary to make stone tools," says Tracy Kivell of the Max Planck Institute in Germany and a member of Berger's team.

Berger assembled a team of experts to examine these fossils and allowed many others to look at them. One reason is that proving you've found the "last ancestor before humans" requires extraordinay evidence.

Because there are fossils with human-like traits that are older than Berger's, doubters say sediba could have been one of many evolutionary experiments at the time, one that may have just died out.

Direct ancestor or not, the weird jumble of primitive and modern traits in sediba could rewrite textbooks. Connected features, like the arm and the hand, are thought to evolve together. But sediba had an ape's arm and a more human-like hand.

__________________________________________________ ________

Before anyone posts, I want to point out that these findings are occuring more and more (at least twice a year now).... each time diminishing the creationists theory.

Proxy
09-13-2011, 01:52 AM
If anyone needed this find to believe we evolved from monkeys is a moron anyways. Every living thing (and when I say 'living' I mean it in it's most technical term) on this damn planet evolved from one common ancestor.

Yeah... that involves trees.

CubanSucks
09-13-2011, 02:01 AM
Will it take even more insurmountable proof to convince the Creationists from taking their fingers out of their ears screaming "LA LA LA, I CANT HEAR YOU, WE WHERE CREATED BY A MAGIC MAN IN THE SKY 6000 YEARS AGO!"

I have posted some fucked up shit in the past that may have been offensive to certain posters on this board.....

I would like it to be known that I have a drinking problem. Some already know this.

I sometimes drink a 12-pack or more a day by myself.

During those periods I have posted replies and topics that the next day I regret... sometimes avoiding certain locations like "The Club" because I have embarrased myself speaking out of tounge.

Ohh, I remember what I post, dont get me wrong... but I think on it the next day and feel really embarassed about it sometimes.

I have this same problem in real life... I speak my mind when I shouldnt be so forth-coming. I piss people off even when I dont intend to. It's in my nature to be fourthcoming.

I wont go into detail but I will admit I have a problem with alchohol, I cant remember the last day I went without a drink, and thats been over 10 years. It scares me, but I am not ready yet to face it.

I plead you to keep in mind this though... I Do NOT smoke cigarettes at work... It makes me sick having a cigarette until after 5pm and without a beer in hand... and as far as any alchohol is concerned, I dont have drinks during lunch unless my boss himself is buying them....

Its hard to explain... I can control myself during the work day, no problems, no cravings at all during the day.. either cigarettes or Beer.... but once work is done, all bets are off.

Im not some plastered fuck that caries a flask to work... I can do without... But I know I also have a problem with it.... The main problem with that is that I dont feel like Im ready to take the addiction on.

Im going to be 31 come March 10th.

I have sky dived, been mountain biking all over Texas and other states, Been Kayaking for the past 2 years on some of the best waters Texas has to offer, raced at Alamo Dragway and the new San Antonio Raceway... But here I am, still shitting my life away on alchohol....

Damn, I really need to take a hold of my life.

vander
09-13-2011, 09:55 AM
lol "evidence"
lol "scientists"

"science" is now pretty much a religion, or a cult, and its almighty god is the government, must please the government so as to receive grants and funding :lol

go forth you ignorant tools and spread the word of your saints and prophets, err, I mean, "scientists" :lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
09-13-2011, 10:13 AM
I'm grateful to the aliens that injected apes with their DNA, giving rise to the human race.

Thanks, alien forefathers!

Vici
09-13-2011, 01:10 PM
even if that is the case, someone or something still created the apes that would evolve into humans!!!

even if there was a big bang, who or what the fuck created it???!?!??!?!

its obvious someone or something created it so shut the fuck up you old drunk moron

So then who created god?

Blake
09-13-2011, 02:29 PM
even if that is the case, someone or something still created the apes that would evolve into humans!!!

even if there was a big bang, who or what the fuck created it???!?!??!?!

its obvious someone or something created it so shut the fuck up you old drunk moron

what's your theory on the creation of the universe?

DMC
09-13-2011, 02:45 PM
This thread needs a "no racist" tag.

4>0rings
09-13-2011, 02:49 PM
I'm grateful to the aliens that injected apes with their DNA, giving rise to the human race.

Thanks, alien forefathers!
Basically, in layman's terms. Now the bible and other religions make sense. :lol

DMC
09-13-2011, 02:51 PM
If anyone needed this find to believe we evolved from monkeys is a moron anyways. Every living thing (and when I say 'living' I mean it in it's most technical term) on this damn planet evolved from one common ancestor.

Yeah... that involves trees.

Infinite regression sounds logical, but it's not proven. We could have evolved in parallel. If life can develop, it can do so twice.