PDA

View Full Version : Bologna interested in Ginobili

TMTTRIO
09-13-2011, 04:37 PM
http://projectspurs.com/2011-articles/september/bologna-owner-confirms-interest-in-ginobili.html

I don't know if Manu would go unless this lockout last until Christmas or longer. I could see Manu playing though for them being the competitive guy that he is if the lockout last a while.

jimo2305
09-14-2011, 05:51 PM
oh that's just some bologna!

chasky
09-14-2011, 10:47 PM
Manu confirmed in a radio interview in Bahia Blanca, that if the lockout continues until october, he is going to play for the Virtus Bologna.

Dex
09-14-2011, 10:55 PM
Who the hell decided how to spell bologna, anyways?

ALVAREZ6
09-14-2011, 11:24 PM
Who the hell decided how to spell bologna, anyways?

A better question is which American decided to pronounce bologna, buh-loh-nee. The Italians definitely don't pronounce their city that way.

hater
09-15-2011, 09:25 AM
yup not looking good for NBA. most chances are they will not play 1 season.

Manu in Italy soon.

lefty
09-15-2011, 09:26 AM
hoping for a lockout

lockout = more NBA hardwood classic games on NBA TV

You know, when the NBA was great

hater
09-15-2011, 09:27 AM
hoping for a lockout

yeah but nothings beats watching Lebron choke in the finals. Or the lakers get raped :depressed

lefty
09-15-2011, 09:29 AM
yeah but nothings beats watching Lebron choke in the finals. Or the lakers get raped :depressed
Good times :hat

ElNono
09-15-2011, 09:59 AM
Manu just heading to Europe to rape vspan and the weak greeks, no surprises there.

spurs4real
09-15-2011, 10:20 AM
Nbatv sucks! If I wasn't an NBA fan I would think there are only 3 teams Lakers, Celtics and Bulls. that's all they play, so at least for me we need an NBA season cause this just blows

lefty
09-15-2011, 10:21 AM
Nbatv sucks! If I wasn't an NBA fan I would think there are only 3 teams Lakers, Celtics and Bulls. that's all they play, so at least for me we need an NBA season cause this just blows
You mean the teams featured in NBA Hardwood?

spurs4real
09-15-2011, 10:46 AM
Well yeah to be more specific

lefty
09-15-2011, 10:53 AM
Well yeah to be more specific
Well, a lot of games played in the Boston Garden recently :lol

Lakers @ Celts
Rockets @Celts
Sixers @ Celts
Bucks @ Celts
Pistons @ Celts

Proxy
09-15-2011, 12:30 PM
hoping for a lockout

Get with the times old man

will_spurs
09-15-2011, 12:40 PM
I could see Manu playing though for them being the competitive guy that he is if the lockout last a while.

Manu is definitely one of the most competitive players ever, and I'm sure he will give his all if he plays for Virtus, but I'm not sure they want him back so much for his play than for the great memories they have of him playing there 10 years ago (they won Euroleague, Italian Championship and Italian Cup in 2001 when Manu was there, he got the Euroleague MVP). Obviously Manu kept a strong fanbase there... it's a 100% positive move for Bologna if it happens.

lefty
09-15-2011, 01:17 PM
Get with the times old man
:lol

Seriously though

THose mid 80's to eraly 90's teams would wipe the floor with today's teams

ALVAREZ6
09-15-2011, 03:29 PM
Manu is definitely one of the most competitive players ever, and I'm sure he will give his all if he plays for Virtus, but I'm not sure they want him back so much for his play than for the great memories they have of him playing there 10 years ago (they won Euroleague, Italian Championship and Italian Cup in 2001 when Manu was there, he got the Euroleague MVP). Obviously Manu kept a strong fanbase there... it's a 100% positive move for Bologna if it happens.

I'm pretty damn sure his play is at least as big of a factor and once in a lifetime chance for European clubs to be signing players like Ginobili. If this happens, he immediately becomes their best player.

Proxy
09-15-2011, 09:40 PM

Seriously though

It would be interesting to see tbh. I wouldn't assume they would wipe the floor.... depends which set of rules we're playing with too. I'd like to see the championship teams of the 03/05 spurs, 04/05 pistons, and kobe/shaq 3-peat lakers go against those teams... the old teams you're referring definitely have a toughness advantage... Lebron and Dirk would be mismatches for any of those teams outside of Pippen perhaps. A prime Kemp with Seattle would be interesting to see... and the Bad Boy Pistons vs the Wallace Pistons would be tight. MJ's Bulls against the Spurs with the Twin Towers and Bruce... MJ and Pippen vs Shaq and Kobe.

ducks
09-15-2011, 11:28 PM
manu needs to rest up he is old

will_spurs
09-16-2011, 02:27 AM
and once in a lifetime chance for European clubs to be signing players like Ginobili.

Once in a lifetime? He already played for them :lol

If this happens, he immediately becomes their best player.

He's certainly going to contribute, but no team right now can expect him to log heavy minutes. He'll be a difference maker for sure, but I have no idea how much money he'd be asking for this. They will recoup part of whatever they give him in jersey sales and so on, because he's so popular there, that was my main point. It would make sense for Bologna even if Manu couldn't walk.

Ghjkll
09-16-2011, 12:25 PM
Manu might be a little old right now, but last season he was an all-star and 3rd NBA team member. He is still a great player, and he relies in his 3pt shot more than ever right now, so he is not playing the risky style of the past. Sure he will be less efficient (as weīve seen last season, and even so, his TS and Efg are above league average at his position), but that allowed him to play a career high amount of games in the RS. We all agree that he canīt play 35 minutes every night, but iīm sure he could still play 27, 28 minutes if he is not throwing his body around. Thatīs enough to be the first option and best player of Virtus Bologna. And he is a fan favorite there, which means thatīs a good choice from an economic perspective.

ALVAREZ6
09-17-2011, 06:31 PM
Once in a lifetime? He already played for them :lol

He's certainly going to contribute, but no team right now can expect him to log heavy minutes. He'll be a difference maker for sure, but I have no idea how much money he'd be asking for this. They will recoup part of whatever they give him in jersey sales and so on, because he's so popular there, that was my main point. It would make sense for Bologna even if Manu couldn't walk.

He didn't play for them when his market value was this high. He wasn't exactly the star he developed into during that time...under normal conditions when the NBA is still operating, no players near Manu's level play outside the NBA. Of course it makes a ton of sense from a marketing perspective, but he also can help the team out a lot. Of course there's no knowing how long the lockout lasts, but it'd still be nice for any team to have him for half a year from their perspective.

dbestpro
09-18-2011, 11:18 AM

Seriously though

This is the main reason in a strange way I do nor mind a lockout for the season. Maybe a little humility from the players will help provide a better brand of basketball. The NBA has turned into the Harlem Globetrotters without the made baskets and without the jokes.

DMC
09-18-2011, 12:03 PM
This is the main reason in a strange way I do nor mind a lockout for the season. Maybe a little humility from the players will help provide a better brand of basketball. The NBA has turned into the Harlem Globetrotters without the made baskets and without the jokes.
Talk about something that's outlived it's usefulness, the HGT are like Tom Jones.