2cjv7hEAytU

DeadlyDynasty
09-13-2011, 05:33 PM
HfXwmDGJAB8

YqJAnQTwmJs&ob=av2n

o9Ee4u5uXuw

Cuppycake Gumdrop
09-13-2011, 05:35 PM
Not technically a Pac song, but one of my favorites featuring him.

0XD5n_YWGy4

DeadlyDynasty
09-13-2011, 05:37 PM
anything on All Eyez On Me too...peak (and end) of the Death Row days

JayTheClown
09-13-2011, 06:25 PM
Man I hate he died:depressed. I was a little kid when it happened, but I still remember the day that it did like it was yesterday.

R.I.P Pac

leemajors
09-13-2011, 07:39 PM
kjzhncXDYFE

one of my faves.

Spursfan092120
09-13-2011, 09:27 PM
GOAT

JNcloTmvTeA

love this track
bgGsAICPjac

d-ELnDPmI8w

Spurminator
09-13-2011, 09:38 PM
And it also means he must be due for his 15th posthumous album.

resistanze
09-13-2011, 09:39 PM
15th anniversary of his death.

t1vBpbr2JL4

:cry:cry:cry

Monostradamus
09-13-2011, 09:52 PM
JbpEgQvfw0A

baseline bum
09-13-2011, 09:53 PM
Pac's a great rapper, but he's a bit overrated. For the life of me I can't understand why he's so much more famous than Ice T (GOAT on the west coast), Eazy E, or Ice Cube. Nevertheless, he did have some amazing jams:

u_u9Ttw5w6s <--- best verse of his career

n2_59XpOU7M

LzoF1ZmisTs

tFCfr69rGSg

Giuseppe
09-13-2011, 09:55 PM
A lot of symbolism...trace substance.

Monostradamus
09-13-2011, 09:59 PM
It was never really about his skills as a rapper, it was about his vision, Jekyll & Hyde personality, and incredible charisma.

Monostradamus
09-13-2011, 10:00 PM
A lot of symbolism...trace substance.

like a tired old shit bad like you would ever understand anything about hip hop. If you wanna chime in on a Jefferson Airplane thread, be my guest. But stay the fuck out of this one.

baseline bum
09-13-2011, 10:03 PM
It was never really about his skills as a rapper, it was about his vision, Jekyll & Hyde personality, and incredible charisma.

2Pac was a great storyteller; I'll catch a lot of flak for this, but I think Eminem is the closest we have seen to him since.

On a tangent, here is an interesting piece done by PBS Frontline that discusses the involvement of Death Row and the LAPD in killing Biggie in retribution for 2Pac's murder:

do8eehHLDDM

Giuseppe
09-13-2011, 10:51 PM

He went around acting like an asshole. Ended up dead in the ground because of it.

He was a loser. And he ended up in the loser's circle.

It happens.

Giuseppe
09-13-2011, 10:53 PM
like a tired old shit bad like you would ever understand anything about hip hop. If you wanna chime in on a Jefferson Airplane thread, be my guest. But stay the fuck out of this one.

hip hop, my ass. He was a thug, who propogated murder & mayhem in the streets. Came back to tag & slab him.

Frenzy
09-13-2011, 11:01 PM
Best ft imo

KSHTFiiYLHA

Giuseppe
09-13-2011, 11:19 PM
Cathy Scott, from her book The Killing of Tupac Shakur

The convoy was headed east on Flamingo Road when it stopped for a red light at Koval Lane, a busy intersection only a half mile from the Strip acorss from the Maxim Hotel. One [Death Row] associate pulled up a car-length ahead to the right. Another car stopped directly behind them; in it were rapper Yafeu Fula [also known in the Outlawz as Kadafi, for Libyan leader Moammar Kadafi] and two associates, one a bodyguard and other a rapper [E.D.I.]. Another car was in front of [Knight's] BMW at the stoplight. The sidewalk and street were heavy with pedestrians.

The BMW was boxed in.

Four young black women, sitting at the same intersection in a Chrsyler sedan to the left of the BMW, turned, smiled at Suge and Tupac, and caught their attention.

A moment later, a late-model Cadillac with three to four black men inside pulled up directly to the right of the BMW, and skidded to a stop. A gunman sitting in the back seat on the driver's side stuck a weapon out of the left-rear window of the white Caddy, in full view of [Kinight's] entourage. The gunman tracked Tupack from the back seat.

Suge and Tupac saw the Caddy, but they had no time to react. Suddenly, the sounds of the night were shattered by the pop pop pop of a killer inside the Cadillac emptying a magazine clip from a high-powered semiautomatic handgun. At least 13 rounds were sprayed (that's how many bullet holes and casings investigators counted) into the passenger side of the BMW. Five bullets pierced the passenger door; some shattered the windows.

Startled and panicky, Tupac tried frantically to scramble into the back seat through the well between the fronts eats. But he was seat-belted in. In doing so, he exposed his middle and lower torso to the gunfire and took a round in his right hip. Suge grabbed Tupac, pulled him down, and covered him. He yelled, "Get down!" That's when Suge was hit with a fragment in the back of his neck.

Tupac was plugged with bullets at close range. Three rounds pierced his body. One bullet lodged in his chest, entering under his right arm. Another went through his hip, slicing through his ower abdomen, and ended up floating around in his pelvic area. Yet another bullet his his right hand, shattering the bone of his index finger and knocking off a large chuck of gold from a ring he was wearing on another finger. (Tupac wore three gold-and-diamond rings on his right that night.) The gunfire nailed Tupac to the leather bucket seat. Glass and blood were everywhere.

Giuseppe
09-13-2011, 11:30 PM
Knight panicked. Instead of calling 911 for medical help, he made a U-turn on two flat tires and headed back int he direction of the crowded Strip. Scott quoted Knight saying to Tupac, "You need a hospital, Pac. I'm gonna get you to a hospital right now."

Scott also quoted Tupac saying back to Knight, "I need a hospital? You the one shot int he head. Don't you think you need a hospital?"

Giuseppe
09-13-2011, 11:32 PM
With some in his caravan following closely behind, Knight drove frantically and erratically, bouncing his rented BMW off the Las Vegas Boulevard median in an attempt to reach the hospital. But the traffic was too heavy, and every move Knight made proved wrong. According to Scott's reporting, Knight ran his last red light light at Harmon Avenue, executed another U-turn, and finally came to a stop in the middle of the Strip. In the process, his other two tires, the two remaining good ones, both went flat.

Wild Cobra's Surgeon
09-13-2011, 11:34 PM
He went around acting like an asshole. Ended up dead in the ground because of it.

It happens.

There's a patient of mine I think you'd love to meet.

Giuseppe
09-13-2011, 11:34 PM
Having no idea what had gone on, police arrived with their guns drawn and ordered Knight and others in his caravan to lie down flat on the street on their stomaches. Paramedics were summoned. Knight was bleeding from the head, but it was soon bovious to the authorities that the person needing more immediate medical attention was not Knight but his passenger.

Tupac was reportedly still conscious when he loaded into an aubulance for the short trip over to University Medical Center. According to Scott, witnesses ont he street heard Tupac say, "I'm dyin', man." just before the ambulance sped off.

cantthinkofanything
09-13-2011, 11:38 PM
His most influential work was with Digital Underground.

Giuseppe
09-13-2011, 11:40 PM
Afeni Shakur only wanted to sit with his unconscious son and pray. "Let me tell you what I did," she said. "I sat there and read The Prophet, by Kahilil Gibran. It says, 'Your children are not your children. They are the sons and daughters of life's longing for itself. They come through you but not from you, and though they are with you, yet they belong not to you.'

Grim business.

Giuseppe
09-13-2011, 11:44 PM
By Friday, September 13, any hope that Tupac might regain consciousness had faded. His heart stopped several times that day, and each time doctors worked feverishly to resuscitate him. Afeni finally made the sober decision not to try again. Tupac was pronounced dead at 4:03PM. The cause of death was attributed to respiratory failure and cardiopulmonary arrest.

An autopsy was performed a few hours later, and by 9 PM, Tupac's body was at a local mortuary, where it was promptly cremated. On Saturday, September 14, Tupac's remains were given to his mother.

Giuseppe
09-13-2011, 11:46 PM
I handed typed this from the book "The Last Days of Dead Celebrities"

silverblk mystix
09-13-2011, 11:52 PM
I have a question....

Tupac lived a thug life...and was by all accounts...a criminal...

He also had a lot of things to say and connected with young people and the disenfranchised in a powerful way. Even though some of his writings were scattered and confused...some brilliant things and some not so coherent things...he was still a talented human being.

My question is;

Does his work/music/writings absolve him of being a criminal? Is it ok to be a person who hurts people and victimizes others--if on the other hand you inspire and touch others hearts and minds? (In a positive way)

Giuseppe
09-14-2011, 12:03 AM
Of course not, Silv. What you describe is the American Dream. The new revamped American Dream.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
09-14-2011, 12:13 AM
Is it ok to be a person who hurts people and victimizes others--if on the other hand you inspire and touch others hearts and minds? (In a positive way)

That's an interesting question. It's important to realize that heroes are not infallible, and we all have skeletons in our closet. Take one of my heroes, O.J. Simpson. He brutally murdered 2 people, nearly decapitating his wife in the process...but he also ran for over 2,000 yards in a 14-game season. Game recognize game.

mavs>spurs
09-14-2011, 04:01 AM

It happens.
i ain't a 2pac fan either, most easterners aren't actually but dude was a cool nigga and hence deserved our respect imho. dude was assaulted by a driving-by white cadillac, fatally wounded and later died in hospital, most people believed biggy was behind the murder and he was killed too a couple years later, by some fatantical 2pac supporters most likely.

benefactor
09-14-2011, 05:44 AM
YSu3AiI9m2c

benefactor
09-14-2011, 05:52 AM
There's also a difference between skilled lyricists and rappers with a great voice/delivery. Rappers like Pac and Pimp C fall in the latter. There's only a chosen few who really have both.

stretch
09-14-2011, 11:57 AM
There's also a difference between skilled lyricists and rappers with a great voice/delivery. Rappers like Pac and Pimp C fall in the latter. There's only a chosen few who really have both.

Pimp C had a great delivery. He rode the beat as well as any rapper I've ever heard. The only other rapper I've heard that raps with the beat as entertaining as he did is Ludacris. Unfortunately, neither of them are/were much of lyricists.

baseline bum
09-14-2011, 12:03 PM
i ain't a 2pac fan either, most easterners aren't actually but dude was a cool nigga and hence deserved our respect imho. dude was assaulted by a driving-by white cadillac, fatally wounded and later died in hospital, most people believed biggy was behind the murder and he was killed too a couple years later, by some fatantical 2pac supporters most likely.

Pac was killed by some Crips who worked security for Biggie. Biggie was killed by LAPD Bloods down with Suge.

JoeChalupa
09-14-2011, 04:17 PM
I saw his face on quite a few magazine covers while checking out at HEB.

Spursfan092120
09-14-2011, 05:44 PM
Pac was killed by some Crips who worked security for Biggie. Biggie was killed by LAPD Bloods down with Suge.

tbh I think Suge set up Tupac's murder...saw a long documentary on it. The docs that came out stating it was the Crips were found to be fraudulent a few years ago.

PakiDan
09-14-2011, 05:50 PM
Who is this Tupac fella?

silverblk mystix
09-14-2011, 07:35 PM
Pimp C had a great delivery. He rode the beat as well as any rapper I've ever heard. The only other rapper I've heard that raps with the beat as entertaining as he did is Ludacris. Unfortunately, neither of them are/were much of lyricists.

Disagree....although Tupac was young...he had that influence from his folks who were black panther influenced and it would have been interesting to see what he would have written with some maturity and some life perspective...

Gotta be honest though...I would have overlooked him if not for my son who is a huge fan and instead of dismissing Tupac--because of my son...I checked him out and the cat was pretty heavy..even for a geezer like me..

:toast