PDA

View Full Version : So what is all this Missoni craze at Target?

JoeChalupa
09-14-2011, 08:03 AM
Saw a report on people going nuts at Target stores and online for this Missoni fashion line. I've never heard of it.
Who up in here already made a purchase?

mrsmaalox
09-14-2011, 09:46 AM
Haven't been to Target in months, but I also saw a report about lines of people waiting for the doors to open and their website crashing from the rush, so I checked out the site this morning.

First thought was "that zig-zag stuff is hideous, good thing some people have more money than brains...." :lol

But then I spotted this:

http://www.bridefinds.com/files/2011/08/Twister-Tote-and-Carry-On-Luggage.jpg

And now I'm thinking "Hmmm, I really could use new luggage...and my birthday is next month..." This may require closer inspection! :spin

cheguevara
09-14-2011, 09:57 AM
stealing designs from the indians

Viva Las Espuelas
09-14-2011, 10:03 AM
Exactly.

Creepn
09-14-2011, 11:43 AM

lol.

ashbeeigh
09-14-2011, 11:56 AM
Missoni is an Italian designer characterized by the zigzag designs..obviously we've all figured that out. All the fashionista girls want some of it. The zigzags are like Louis Vuitton's LV symbol. It identifies that you're rich and snobby. Target does these types of lines all the time. They've had Rodarte, Justin Timberlake's jeans, Temperly London, etc. If you're a guy this probably means nothing. Needless to say it was a big deal. I wanted to see what it's all about but crashing the website is out of hand. I'll run to Target in a few weeks to see if there is any left.

mavs>spurs
09-14-2011, 11:59 AM
fashion line at target? sorry but i don't get my clothes from discount retailers

ashbeeigh
09-14-2011, 12:23 PM
fashion line at target? sorry but i don't get my clothes from discount retailers

what a richer. Geez.

cheguevara
09-14-2011, 12:39 PM
Missoni is an Italian designer characterized by stealing American Indian designs..

FIFY

http://www.maineantiquedigest.com/stories/prci7647.jpg

Destro
09-14-2011, 01:13 PM
Fat girls can get fat girl sized "designer" clothes for cheap...but we all know its not a real Missoni and big girls shouldn't wear those kinds of patterns, not very sliming

vato loco
09-14-2011, 01:26 PM
Haven't been to Target in months, but I also saw a report about lines of people waiting for the doors to open and their website crashing from the rush, so I checked out the site this morning.

First thought was "that zig-zag stuff is hideous, good thing some people have more money than brains...." :lol

But then I spotted this:

http://www.bridefinds.com/files/2011/08/Twister-Tote-and-Carry-On-Luggage.jpg

And now I'm thinking "Hmmm, I really could use new luggage...and my birthday is next month..." This may require closer inspection! :spin

Missoni is an Italian designer characterized by the zigzag designs..obviously we've all figured that out. All the fashionista girls want some of it. The zigzags are like Louis Vuitton's LV symbol. It identifies that you're rich and snobby. Target does these types of lines all the time. They've had Rodarte, Justin Timberlake's jeans, Temperly London, etc. If you're a guy this probably means nothing. Needless to say it was a big deal. I wanted to see what it's all about but crashing the website is out of hand. I'll run to Target in a few weeks to see if there is any left.

this is hilarious and just proves that women were never meant to lead, u girls hear about some dumb fad and like little children flock to see wat it's all about and proceed to join it...start thinking on your own jesus christ, this is y women will never be truly respected and considered men's equal. yall are so weak minded and easily influenced, quite frankly it's pathetic!

ashbeeigh
09-14-2011, 01:49 PM
this is hilarious and just proves that women were never meant to lead, u girls hear about some dumb fad and like little children flock to see wat it's all about and proceed to join it...start thinking on your own jesus christ, this is y women will never be truly respected and considered men's equal. yall are so weak minded and easily influenced, quite frankly it's pathetic!

But y'all will camp out for video games. Is that any different? No.

desflood
09-14-2011, 01:54 PM
Hey, let them troll. Men know they're guilty of following the crowd too. That is, after all, why Jessica Alba was so popular despite being a mediocre 6/10 on her best day.

G.Q.
09-14-2011, 01:54 PM

:tu

JudynTX
09-14-2011, 02:00 PM
Not a fan of that design. Vera Bradley FTW!

vato loco
09-14-2011, 02:06 PM

yes, there's a big difference...those men camping out aren't doing it to join a fad they're doing it bc they're likely huge video game nerds. many of the women joining this craze (like u and mrsmaloox) are doing it simply doing it bc ur weak minded and easily influenced.

Hey, let them troll. Men know they're guilty of following the crowd too. That is, after all, why Jessica Alba was so popular despite being a mediocre 6/10 on her best day.

http://fitnessanddefense.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Jessica-Alba-Lean-Body1.jpg

if you're a guy: ur mad that u have never had a woman as attractive as her
if you're a girl: ur mad that u will never be as attractive as her

either way ur mad, and alba is a 8.5 at WORST

desflood
09-14-2011, 02:13 PM
Yep, that's right - I'm terribly jealous of a solid 6 :lol

You know who I am jealous of? Zoe Saldana. Now that's a beautiful girl. Admittedly, I wouldn't mind looking like her at all.

ashbeeigh
09-14-2011, 02:14 PM
yes, there's a big difference...those men camping out aren't doing it to join a fad they're doing it bc they're likely huge video game nerds. many of the women joining this craze (like u and mrsmaloox) are doing it simply doing it bc ur weak minded and easily influenced.

yeah. That's it. I'm a trend whore. Come on. It's fashion for fashion's sake. I'm a fashion 'nerd' if you will. There were plenty of people that rushed into target because they are fashion nerds as well. Feel free to continue to hate on women though. That's cool. This will be my last comment in comparing women and missoni, though

vato loco
09-14-2011, 02:24 PM

You know who I am jealous of? Zoe Saldana. Now that's a beautiful girl. Admittedly, I wouldn't mind looking like her at all.

so ur atleast a "solid 6"? u wouldn't want to have this smile (http://www.realbollywood.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/jessica-alba-updo.jpg) and this body (http://salopblog.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/08/25/jessica_alba.jpg)?

yeah. That's it. I'm a trend whore. Come on. It's fashion for fashion's sake. I'm a fashion 'nerd' if you will. There were plenty of people that rushed into target because they are fashion nerds as well. Feel free to continue to hate on women though. That's cool. This will be my last comment in comparing women and missoni, though

i apologize if i offended u, i wasn't trying to single u out

i wasn't just calling u a trend whore, i was calling all women trend whores...and i don't hate yall. yall are the most beautiful beings on earth i just think sometimes u women can be alittle pathetic.

desflood
09-14-2011, 02:31 PM
so ur atleast a "solid 6"? u wouldn't want to have this smile (http://www.realbollywood.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/jessica-alba-updo.jpg) and this body (http://salopblog.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/08/25/jessica_alba.jpg)

Before I had kids I was definitely a solid 6 (althought my old man generously rated me a 6.5 once). Now I've gotten lazy and am closer to a 3.5 :lol

Someday I'll get back to 6 again, when the right motivation comes along.

AmericanPsycho
09-14-2011, 02:33 PM
I'd wear missoni if it got me Jessica Alba.

vato loco
09-14-2011, 02:38 PM
Before I had kids I was definitely a solid 6 (althought my old man generously rated me a 6.5 once). Now I've gotten lazy and am closer to a 3.5 :lol

Someday I'll get back to 6 again, when the right motivation comes along.

do u have proof of ur solid 6 days? or are we simply supposed to take ur word for it? i'd more than gladly eat crow if u turned out to be as beautiful as u claim to be

I'd wear missoni if it got me Jessica Alba.

:tu

ploto
09-14-2011, 02:42 PM
Had no idea what this was-- looked online and I don't even like it.

desflood
09-14-2011, 02:46 PM
6 isn't beautiful, it's barely above average. That's kind of my point! The only thing that makes you think she's more attractive than the rest of us (former) 6s is that she's willing to take her clothes off for you and we're not. Some horndog found her hot when she took off her shirt and every other panting indiscriminate teenager followed along.

By the way, go ahead and take my word for it or not, it's up to you. Be aware, though, that only an honest woman would admit to being a 3.5 when it's just as easy to lie and put up a fake pic.

ashbeeigh
09-14-2011, 02:47 PM

I agree about zoe saldana. She is hot. But seriously, the only girl I'm jealous of at the moment is Jessica Caban because she's fucking Bruno Mars at the moment.

http://www.exposay.com/celebrity-photos/jessica-caban-4th-annual-dj-irie-weekend-SMlyYC.jpg

Bill_Brasky
09-14-2011, 02:57 PM
:lol saying Alba is a 6 at best

vato loco
09-14-2011, 03:02 PM
^pretty sure cokehead bruno is in the closet

6 isn't beautiful, it's barely above average. That's kind of my point! The only thing that makes you think she's more attractive than the rest of us (former) 6s is that she's willing to take her clothes off for you and we're not. Some horndog found her hot when she took off her shirt and every other panting indiscriminate teenager followed along.

By the way, go ahead and take my word for it or not, it's up to you. Be aware, though, that only an honest woman would admit to being a 3.5 when it's just as easy to lie and put up a fake pic.

no, there are plenty of women in hollywood that i think are overrated (sarah jessica parker, eva longoria, julia roberts, etc) especially w/o the hollywood make-up...but alba just isn't one of those. her smile and eyes alone do it for me, than u add that petite body and she's easily better than just "slightly above avg" in my opinion. i think you may just dislike her cus i don't think many people would agree wit ur opinion about alba.

also fair enough, u probably were and still are a beautiful woman :toast

mrsmaalox
09-14-2011, 04:04 PM

LOL!! It's pretty funny to read this post and then look at the cholo sig :lol I'm impressed by the strong minds and resistance to joining in fads :tu

bus driver
09-15-2011, 11:54 AM
great more shit to buy for the ladies
this is what i am going to tell them
zhbTLlXra1A

Leetonidas
09-15-2011, 12:11 PM

I'm guessing your husband has a thing for Alba? Because I can guarantee that you are not nor will you ever be in the same hotness tier as her. If she's a 6, you're probably a -45. If you were a 6, then she isn't. Simple. And lol @ some old woman trying to tell dudes who is hot. I'm pretty sure the scores of men who would fuck a jar of peanut butter on youtube to get a chance to have their penor touched by her disagree with you, and really, they are whose opinion counts on women's hotness, not yours. :toast

Not trying to directly insult you but come on, let's be real here. I'm not even a Alba fan but she is definitely very attractive, easily an 8-8.5 at worst. No where close to my favorite babe and I don't really give a shit about her but come on she's hot as shit, who wouldn't want to bust a nut on that face?

ashbeeigh
09-15-2011, 12:45 PM
I'm guessing your husband has a thing for Alba? Because I can guarantee that you are not nor will you ever be in the same hotness tier as her. If she's a 6, you're probably a -45. If you were a 6, then she isn't. Simple. And lol @ some old woman trying to tell dudes who is hot. I'm pretty sure the scores of men who would fuck a jar of peanut butter on youtube to get a chance to have their penor touched by her disagree with you, and really, they are whose opinion counts on women's hotness, not yours. :toast

Not trying to directly insult you but come on, let's be real here. I'm not even a Alba fan but she is definitely very attractive, easily an 8-8.5 at worst. No where close to my favorite babe and I don't really give a shit about her but come on she's hot as shit, who wouldn't want to bust a nut on that face?

You did in your first paragraph.

desflood
09-15-2011, 12:47 PM

Sorry, but as I'm not actually old your insult doesn't mean much :lol And as far as my hubby goes, he agrees with me on Alba - Zooey Deschanel is more his type.

I disagree, though, that your opinion counts more. I think what you mean to say is that the money they will spend to see Alba counts more - which is incorrect. For every one of you 17-year-old youtube peanut-butter fuckers there are five of us "old" broads who have more cash to shell out going to see other actresses with better looks and more talent. Katie Leclerc springs to mind.

Bill_Brasky
09-15-2011, 01:03 PM
Sorry, but as I'm not actually old your insult doesn't mean much :lol And as far as my hubby goes, he agrees with me on Alba - Zooey Deschanel is more his type.

I disagree, though, that your opinion counts more. I think what you mean to say is that the money they will spend to see Alba counts more - which is incorrect. For every one of you 17-year-old youtube peanut-butter fuckers there are five of us "old" broads who have more cash to shell out going to see other actresses with better looks and more talent. Katie Leclerc springs to mind.

Zooey looks OK but she's so fucking annoying in everything she does, I hate her, and have no idea why a man would ever say she's more attractive than Jessica Alba unless he's trying to shut his wife up after she caught him fapping to an Alba picture. I'd still hit though.

As far as Katie, she's nice but horse faced and when I'm dreaming over girls that I wanna fuck that I will never have a shot in shit at meeting, all I care about is looks, so again she loses to JA.

nkdlunch
09-15-2011, 01:03 PM
I thought this was about some freaks doing missionary at Target

bus driver
09-15-2011, 01:08 PM
Zooey looks OK but she's so fucking annoying in everything she does, I hate her, and have no idea why a man would ever say she's more attractive than Jessica Alba unless he's trying to shut his wife up after she caught him fapping to an Alba picture. I'd still hit though.

As far as Katie, she's nice but horse faced and when I'm dreaming over girls that I wanna fuck that I will never have a shot in shit at meeting, all I care about is looks, so again she loses to JA.

+1

these two girls doesnt help the argument

Alba is better than both them put together.

ManuBalboa
09-15-2011, 01:09 PM

lulz

Leetonidas
09-15-2011, 03:12 PM

I'm almost 22. And lol @ you trying to use wasting your money to see shitty movies as an excuse why your opinion counts more. That's the stupidest shit I've ever heard. I really doubt old bitches are going to see movies because the chick in it is hot to them. :lmao

desflood
09-15-2011, 03:45 PM
I'm almost 22. And lol @ you trying to use wasting your money to see shitty movies as an excuse why your opinion counts more. That's the stupidest shit I've ever heard. I really doubt old bitches are going to see movies because the chick in it is hot to them. :lmao
Because at 21 you obviously know SO much about women :lol

Leetonidas
09-16-2011, 12:46 PM
More than some retard trying to claim her opinions on female beauty count more because it will be the difference between seeing a movie with Scarlett or Alba versus some shitty movie like Colombiana because you find Zoe Saladana more attractive. :lmao No one gives a shit what women think, get used to it.

desflood
09-16-2011, 02:29 PM
Once again, you missed the part where opinions don't count - money does.

By the way, who said anything about Scarlett? She's also much more attractive than Jessica Alba and a better actress to boot.

Kori Ellis
09-16-2011, 03:16 PM
:lol @ the Missoni thread turning into a debate whether Jessica Alba is hot or not.

And back to Missoni and people saying that they don't buy clothes at discount stores...

In recent years, a great number of top designers have created lines available in discount stores so that the masses can afford them -- Vera Wang for Kohl's, Jimmy Choo/Versace/Lanvin for H&M, Alexander McQueen/William Rast for Target, Rachel Zoe for QVC, Charlotte Ronson for JC Penney, etc. The diffusion lines help the labels and consumers when the economy is struggling and people aren't shelling out the big bucks for the original lines.

Anyway -- Missoni isn't that good that it should have shut down the Target website, but some of it is cute. I like the home products (towels, etc) more than the clothes.

Bill_Brasky
09-16-2011, 04:22 PM
:lol @ the Missoni thread turning into a debate whether Jessica Alba is hot or not.

And back to Missoni and people saying that they don't buy clothes at discount stores...

In recent years, a great number of top designers have created lines available in discount stores so that the masses can afford them -- Vera Wang for Kohl's, Jimmy Choo/Versace/Lanvin for H&M, Alexander McQueen/William Rast for Target, Rachel Zoe for QVC, Charlotte Ronson for JC Penney, etc. The diffusion lines help the labels and consumers when the economy is struggling and people aren't shelling out the big bucks for the original lines.

Anyway -- Missoni isn't that good that it should have shut down the Target website, but some of it is cute. I like the home products (towels, etc) more than the clothes.

It took the patented ST turn for the worst :lol

ashbeeigh
09-16-2011, 04:55 PM

I agree, 1000 times over. I am not a huge fan of Missoni. I flipped out more a few years back when Rodarte was there. I LOVE those girls. Vera Wang's stuff is so-so and I have a Lauren Conrad from Kohl's shirt on right now. I haven't seen Rachel Zoe's stuff in a while at QVC but the last time I did I was not a fan. All those furs wig me out. And didn't the Kardashians had some stuff sold at QVC a few seasons back. And speaking of them, they now have a line at Sears. Whoopdiedoo.

JoeChalupa
09-16-2011, 05:58 PM
Both women are HOT and I don't consider either one of them a great actress but then I don't really care.

Leetonidas
09-17-2011, 11:27 AM
Once again, you missed the part where opinions don't count - money does.

By the way, who said anything about Scarlett? She's also much more attractive than Jessica Alba and a better actress to boot.

You paying to see their shitty movies because you have "more money" than me, which I doubt and it's probably not "your" money anyway, doesn't change their hotness or offset the number of males going to see them or any other movie. But hey if you really wanna take the retarded stance of "their hotness counts more to me because I can spend more money on their shitty movies :cry " go for it. Really all it proves is that you're an idiot because you base the movies you see on the attractiveness of the female lead. :lmao I think Jessica Alba and Megan Fox are attractive women for example but I'm never going to pay to see their shitty movies and that's not going to impact how many people swoon over them or fap to them on the daily one bit. Get over yourself lady, you have absolutely no say or impact in celebrity status. :lmao :lmao

Nathan Explosion
09-18-2011, 01:13 AM
Alba has never done nude scenes either. Like someone said earlier, on her worst day she's an 8.5.