DarrinS
09-14-2011, 02:01 PM
This website has much better design: http://www.fightthesmears.com/

But, I do like the sinister minimalist design of http://www.attackwatch.com/

Lol "Report an attack"

http://my.barackobama.com/page/signup/o2012-attackwatch-report-an-attack

Wild Cobra
09-14-2011, 02:03 PM
Another data collection (watchlist) being compiled by the peace loving left (NAZI) pundits...

ElNono
09-14-2011, 02:49 PM
Yeah, asking people to willingly submit reports is very Nazi like. :rolleyes

Yonivore
09-14-2011, 11:11 PM
I registered and asked them to help me respond to the smear that President Obama is so petty and paranoid he's commissioned a website to aggregate schoolyard gossip.

We'll see what they say.

Yonivore
09-15-2011, 12:31 AM
http://twitter.com/#!/AttackWatch/following

If they want to see the criticisms, they should put more conservative blogs on their twitter roll.

Just sayin'.

ChumpDumper
09-15-2011, 03:59 AM
lol criticisms

lol conservative

Viva Las Espuelas
09-15-2011, 10:05 AM
Well, something like this sure helped Woodrow Wilson back in the day. He squashed all opponents of him quite firmly. Go USA!!!

ElNono
09-15-2011, 10:07 AM
Didn't know there was an Internet during Woodrow Wilson's days.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-15-2011, 10:12 AM

Yay for ignorance.

Spurminator
09-15-2011, 10:30 AM
You guys are so whiny and paranoid.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-15-2011, 10:33 AM
You guys are so whiny and paranoid.

Explain

Viva Las Espuelas
09-15-2011, 10:35 AM

something like this

ElNono
09-15-2011, 11:00 AM
Care to enlighten the rest of us what did Woodrow Wilson did that's something like this?

scott
09-15-2011, 11:08 AM
:lol at the fools in this thread who got Trolled. I can only imagine how many on both sides of the democrat/republican food-fight are getting trolled by this as well.

Actually quotes from this video:

"How can you trust magma?!?! It's rock AND its liquid!!!"

"We're actually just like Fight The Smears but with shittier web design. We were like, fuck it, we have money for a domain name! Atttaaaaaaaack Waaaaaatch."

"Obama 2012... because you still hate George Bush, right?"

Viva Las Espuelas
09-15-2011, 12:14 PM
:lol at the fools in this thread who got Trolled. I can only imagine how many on both sides of the democrat/republican food-fight are getting trolled by this as well

Trolled? Fools? Quite honestly, I wouldn't care what side The President is on. I wouldn't be for something like this either way.

"PAID FOR BY OBAMA FOR AMERICA
Copyright © 2011 by Obama for America
Privacy Policy Terms of Service"

This isn't some hack group.

Yonivore
09-15-2011, 12:18 PM
:lol at the fools in this thread who got Trolled. I can only imagine how many on both sides of the democrat/republican food-fight are getting trolled by this as well.

"We're actually just like Fight The Smears but with shittier web design. We were like, fuck it, we have money for a domain name! Atttaaaaaaaack Waaaaaatch."

"Obama 2012... because you still hate George Bush, right?"
The video was mocking the website...which, by the way, deserves to be mocked.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-15-2011, 12:22 PM
Care to enlighten the rest of us what did Woodrow Wilson did that's something like this?

You seem to know everything. Have fun finding it yourself. I can be "cute" too :toast

scott
09-15-2011, 12:22 PM
Trolled? Fools? Quite honestly, I wouldn't care what side The President is on. I wouldn't be for something like this either way.

This isn't some hack group.

Well, if that is the case I guess I got trolled by what looked like a troll job and I admit defeat.

It seems like the webpage is legit, but the video posted in the OP (which I think is hilarious) isn't. If it is... well, then... all I can say is wow.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-15-2011, 12:23 PM

scott
09-15-2011, 12:23 PM
The video was mocking the website...which, by the way, deserves to be mocked.

That's what I figured, and I don't disagree.

FuzzyLumpkins
09-15-2011, 12:25 PM
You seem to know everything. Have fun finding it yourself. I can be "cute" too :toast

So you cannot back up what you claim? How nice. You will fit right in with Darrin. Add in some braindead logical inconsistencies and you too will be one and the same.

Spurminator
09-15-2011, 12:26 PM
The website is a really poorly and parody-worthy execution of a campaign-led "FactCheck" type site. The video was funny.

Those of you who think complaints are being aggregated by the POTUS to be used against the smearers are every bit as stupid as the interns who designed the site. And paranoid. And whiny.

You should just enjoy the silliness of the site instead of competing to look more out of touch by suggesting it's something bigger than it is.

RandomGuy
09-15-2011, 12:26 PM
:lmao

-XYKRokgX00

That was actually funny.

I always thought conservatives were almost universally shitty at humor, but that puts the lie to that.

(by the by: http://biggovernment.com/tag/misfit-politics/ )

Viva Las Espuelas
09-15-2011, 12:30 PM
So you cannot back up what you claim? How nice. You will fit right in with Darrin. Add in some braindead logical inconsistencies and you too will be one and the same.

Oh I can. Just dont want to.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-15-2011, 12:31 PM
That was actually funny.

I always thought conservatives were almost universally shitty at humor, but that puts the lie to that.

(by the by: http://biggovernment.com/tag/misfit-politics/ )

It's amazing what happens when you see/hear things for yourself.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-15-2011, 12:33 PM
The website is a really poorly and parody-worthy execution of a campaign-led "FactCheck" type site. The video was funny.

Those of you who think complaints are being aggregated by the POTUS to be used against the smearers are every bit as stupid as the interns who designed the site. And paranoid. And whiny.

You should just enjoy the silliness of the site instead of competing to look more out of touch by suggesting it's something bigger than it is.

Yonivore
09-15-2011, 12:36 PM

I agree. But what purpose does it serve to solicit information through a website that can more easily be had just by paying attention to the opposing punditry?

Do they think John Doe, in Scranton, is going to input what they consider a smear, unwarranted complaint, or fact-challenged anecdote that can't be heard by listening to Rush Limbaugh or Glenn Beck?

I thought that was why George Soros and John Podesta partnered, through Podesta's Center for American Progress, and set up Media Matters and Think Progress. These guys spend 24/7 flailing at such matters.

So, what do they hope to gain or accomplish with such a website? Why not one that just responds to all the known issues?

RandomGuy
09-15-2011, 12:42 PM

For some reason that reminded me of this:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=219&pictureid=1640

scott
09-15-2011, 12:43 PM
I agree. But what purpose does it serve to solicit information through a website that can more easily be had just by paying attention to the opposing punditry?

Do they think John Doe, in Scranton, is going to input what they consider a smear, unwarranted complaint, or fact-challenged anecdote that can't be heard by listening to Rush Limbaugh or Glenn Beck?

I thought that was why George Soros and John Podesta partnered, through Podesta's Center for American Progress, and set up Media Matters and Think Progress. These guys spend 24/7 flailing at such matters.

So, what do they hope to gain or accomplish with such a website? Why not one that just responds to all the known issues?

Or just watch the Daily Show, really. Let Comedy Central's interns do all the work.

RandomGuy
09-15-2011, 12:43 PM
or, if you prefer:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=219&pictureid=1641

Viva Las Espuelas
09-15-2011, 12:53 PM
Quick. Someone go tattle on CNN.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/09/14/house.solyndra/

Spurminator
09-15-2011, 01:05 PM

Yes. That's the Obama Campaign.

Spurminator
09-15-2011, 01:06 PM

It's an Obama-centric Snopes.com. Why do people usually go to Snopes.com? Why would Obama supporters go to an Obama-centric Snopes?

There's your answer.

ChumpDumper
09-15-2011, 01:06 PM
True, Bush only had a cable news channel and a radio format to fight against his attackers.

DarrinS
09-15-2011, 01:19 PM
It's an Obama-centric Snopes.com.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Spurminator
09-15-2011, 01:21 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Like I said, it's a stupid site. But the intent was to be a fact-checker for Obama supporters looking for help arguing on the Internet.

:lmao at you if you think it was something more sinister.

DarrinS
09-15-2011, 01:24 PM
Like I said, it's a stupid site. But that was the intent.

:lmao at you if you think it was something more sinister.

I don't think it is sinister, just dumb.

I lol'ed because snopes tries to publish the truth, not the truth according to Obama for America.

Yonivore
09-15-2011, 01:25 PM
It's an Obama-centric Snopes.com. Why do people usually go to Snopes.com? Why would Obama supporters go to an Obama-centric Snopes?

There's your answer.
Sounds like a pretty stupid idea when it could have already been populated with all the various administration responses to all known criticisms.

So, unlike Snopes.com, which cannot anticipate the universe of questions (not gossip/smears), I don't see the point of actually collecting information from individuals. Providing a method to query the various areas to which Obama might want to respond, sure. But, again, the chances of some housewife in Illinois providing a significant tip that hasn't already been revealed through other means, seems to make the existence of such a website silly.

That's why it's being mocked, IMO. They could have constructed an FAQ and, instead, constructed a aesthetically questionable website and invited individuals to report what they're hearing (I assume, from other individuals because, who in their right mind is going to think they're reporting a novel incident they heard in the media?).

Spurminator
09-15-2011, 01:25 PM
I don't think it is sinister, just dumb.

I lol'ed because snopes tries to publish the truth, not the truth according to Obama for America.

Hence the qualifier "Obama-centric."

LnGrrrR
09-15-2011, 04:06 PM
wrong thread

Jacob1983
09-16-2011, 02:57 AM
You can hate Republicans all you want but they have a point. The web design on Attack Watch is shitty. What kind of president wants citizens to tell him that people are bashing him? Whatever happened to people being entitled to their opinions? Besides, Obama sucks ass. He has failed miserably as president. He told us back in 2008 that if we voted for grandpa and that horny idiot that we would be getting a 3rd term of Bush. Obama is president and we're in Bush's 3rd term. Talk about being a hypocrite and a liar.

Yonivore
09-16-2011, 07:43 AM
You can hate Republicans all you want but they have a point. The web design on Attack Watch is shitty. What kind of president wants citizens to tell him that people are bashing him? Whatever happened to people being entitled to their opinions? Besides, Obama sucks ass. He has failed miserably as president. He told us back in 2008 that if we voted for grandpa and that horny idiot that we would be getting a 3rd term of Bush. Obama is president and we're in Bush's 3rd term. Talk about being a hypocrite and a liar.
Minor correction; Domestically, we're in Carter's second term.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-16-2011, 09:36 AM
Yet the dems are settling for Obama. Can't really say either side of the political fence is at an advantage at this point.

xrayzebra
09-16-2011, 09:50 AM
I think this website ties in very nicely with what they have in mind in the upcoming
election.

A little food for thought. Do you really, honestly, think they don't know what is being
said out in fly over country? They know exactly what is going on. The party keeps
everyone well informed.

But, now who are their enemies, political and otherwise, that may be a different
matter. Nothing like a little help from the neighborhood gossips who love Obama
to give them their list of names.

How many shills do you reckon they have trolling these forums like this one? No
doubt in my mind they have one on the active ones like Spurstalk. And any others
that are active.

Spurminator
09-16-2011, 11:00 AM
Xray, I've just reported you to AttackWatch.com. Please make sure you are home when the helicopters arrive.

ElNono
09-16-2011, 11:11 AM

I don't know everything, thus the reason I ask. I know good ole Wilson was the president during WW I... don't remember reading anything "cute" tbh, not saying it didn't happen.

ElNono
09-16-2011, 11:13 AM
Xray, I've just reported you to AttackWatch.com. Please make sure you are home when the helicopters arrive.

:rollin

xrayzebra
09-16-2011, 01:22 PM
:rollin

I had already registered and reported myself. And got my invitation to
start reporting on my neighbors, just as soon as I made a donation.

CosmicCowboy
09-16-2011, 01:33 PM
Obama is a doodoo head!
http://www.visualphotos.com/photo/2x4370230/young_boy_glaring_16820279.jpg

I narced on little Johnnie.

ElNono
09-16-2011, 02:12 PM
I had already registered and reported myself. And got my invitation to
start reporting on my neighbors, just as soon as I made a donation.

Any choppers yet?
Waterboarding perhaps?

:lol

Monostradamus
09-16-2011, 04:07 PM

YK4ThkJKqMo