PDA

View Full Version : I throw this out there as a...

Yonivore
09-14-2011, 11:19 PM
...genuine question.

Maybe I should take a poll.

Meh, I'm too lazy to start another thread...

Who thinks there's a chance Barack Obama won't be the Democrat nominee for President in 2012?

Count me in! I think it's possible the Democrats are, right now, trying to figure out how they oppose him in the primary and still navigate the single most over-used excuse in political history; "You oppose Barack Obama because he's black."

It'll be sweet to be able to accuse Democrats of being racists.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-14-2011, 11:20 PM
change your avatar tbh, you don't have to hope anymore

Yonivore
09-14-2011, 11:28 PM
change your avatar tbh, you don't have to hope anymore
I disagree.

"I hope he fails," has always meant, I hope he fails to implement an agenda many of us believed would lead to where we are.

Unfortunately, he's largely succeeded.

So, I continue to hope...

DMX7
09-14-2011, 11:35 PM
He's a 1990's republican, and he will get the nomination regardless.

Yonivore
09-14-2011, 11:48 PM
He's a 1990's republican, and he will get the nomination regardless.
We can only hope.

ChumpDumper
09-15-2011, 12:01 AM
...genuine question.

Who thinks there's a chance Barack Obama won't be the Democrat nominee for President in 2012?

Count me in! I think it's possible the Democrats are, right now, trying to figure out how they oppose him in the primary and still navigate the single most over-used excuse in political history; "You oppose Barack Obama because he's black."

It'll be sweet to be able to accuse Democrats of being racists.Pretty safe to say you're wrong.

Spurminator
09-15-2011, 12:06 AM
Has anyone ever told you how clever the whole incomplete-sentence-in-subject-line-continued-in-post gimmick is?

Or is that what you're waiting for?

Yonivore
09-15-2011, 12:07 AM
Has anyone ever told you how clever the whole incomplete-sentence-in-subject-line-continued-in-post gimmick is?
Not until now.

Or is that what you're waiting for?
No.

ElNono
09-15-2011, 02:14 AM
Pretty safe to say you're wrong.

^^^ What he said

Wild Cobra
09-15-2011, 02:33 AM
I wonder myself if a democrat would challenge him. I tell you though, if a democrat had the balls to do such a thing and win the nomination, I may vote democrat for president in 2012!

ElNono
09-15-2011, 02:37 AM
I wonder myself if a democrat would challenge him. I tell you though, if a democrat had the balls to do such a thing and win the nomination, I may vote democrat for president in 2012!

No you won't.

Wild Cobra
09-15-2011, 02:58 AM
No you won't.
Believe as you will. It still depends on their politics.

Yonivore
09-15-2011, 07:43 AM
^^^ What he said
Well, first of all, being wrong would require me to have made a definitive statement. I merely suggested it is possible. I'm not sure how one can be wrong about forwarding a possibility in politics; anything can happen.

Secondly, to the extent he remains the Democrat standard bearer, I do believe it will be more because Democrats have painted themselves in a corner by insulating Obama against legitimate criticism through their incessant cries of racism every time he's opposed and less because they think he's the most electable candidate or that he's the candidate that most represents the Democrat party. At this point, he's neither of those things; just ask the Democrats in NY-9 and NV-2.

coyotes_geek
09-15-2011, 07:46 AM
0% chance of someone other than Obama being the democratic candidate.

Yonivore
09-15-2011, 07:57 AM
0% chance of someone other than Obama being the democratic candidate.
And that's a good thing.

Democrats better hope there's more of a chance than that.

RandomGuy
09-15-2011, 08:00 AM
...genuine question.

The chance is about as great as you deciding to stop being a hack.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-15-2011, 08:12 AM
Will any other Democrat challenge him? Are the democrats really content with Obama being their only choice? The dems make fun of the republicans candidates but is settling for Obama any better??

coyotes_geek
09-15-2011, 08:16 AM
Will any other Democrat challenge him?

No.

Are the democrats really content with Obama being their only choice?

No.

The dems make fun of the republicans candidates but is settling for Obama any better??

No.

CosmicCowboy
09-15-2011, 08:39 AM
Hillary would be the only viable contender in the radar now simply because no other democrat is in a position to raise enough cash to challenge Obama. She won't run. BUT...what if BILL did? There nothing to legally prevent that. Wouldn't that be a hoot? He would kick Obama's ass.

George Gervin's Afro
09-15-2011, 08:42 AM
...genuine question.

accuse them whether they are or not.. good job:toast

hater
09-15-2011, 08:47 AM
:lmao obama will sleepwalk through the election vs. a Bachman/Palin/Perry/Frankenstein

why would democrats not want that?

hater
09-15-2011, 08:52 AM
republicans are the ones who should be looking for new candidates. because the current ones are circus freak shows:
Romney = Frankenstein (aka Kerry 2.0)
Perry = Ballad of Ricky Bobby
Palin = Black pole smoker
Bachman = Village Idiot
Paul = Crazy Uncle

maybe they can find the next Reagan? I hear Chuck Norris is a diehard Republican :lol

CosmicCowboy
09-15-2011, 08:59 AM
:lmao obama will sleepwalk through the election vs. a Bachman/Palin/Perry/Frankenstein

http://oneyearbibleimages.com/chickens_hatch.jpg

RandomGuy
09-15-2011, 09:07 AM
http://oneyearbibleimages.com/chickens_hatch.jpg

That is an awfully ironic post from someone who is convinced Obama will lose. :lol

hater
09-15-2011, 09:09 AM
its common sense bro.

42% of the nation are republicans so they vote for the freak
38% democrats vote for obama

that leaves around 20% independents to decite it all. only the ones that really hate Obama would vote for a freak so at worst I'd say 1/4 of those have true hate for Obama at the moment. that makes 47% of the vote republican. They lose even at worst case scenario.

only thing that could turn things around:
- major terrorist attack
- major scandal involving the white house
- getting GOP Chuck Norris in the ballot

CosmicCowboy
09-15-2011, 09:14 AM
its common sense bro.

42% of the nation are republicans so they vote for the freak
38% democrats vote for obama

that leaves around 20% independents to decite it all. only the ones that really hate Obama would vote for a freak so at worst I'd say 1/4 of those have true hate for Obama at the moment. that makes 47% of the vote republican. They lose even at worst case scenario.

only thing that could turn things around:
- major terrorist attack
- major scandal involving the white house
- getting GOP Chuck Norris in the ballot

Well shit. You have it all figured out right down to the decimal point. Why even have an election then?

BTW asshole, I never said Obama couldn't be re-elected.

hater
09-15-2011, 09:15 AM
Well shit. You have it all figured out right down to the decimal point. Why even have an election then?

BTW asshole, I never said Obama couldn't be re-elected.

no need to get emotional. my point is main issue the GOP has is they have freaks for candidates. Had they serious candidates their chances would be way better.

but as of right now, your chances are slim, slim

hater
09-15-2011, 09:21 AM
btw out of all the candidates including Obama I like Romney best. He'd make a great president. But I'm realistic he's gonna have a hard time even winning the GOP nomination. It's the Kerry syndrome.

RandomGuy
09-15-2011, 09:27 AM
? The dems make fun of the republicans candidates but is settling for Obama any better??

Fuck yes.

I will hold my nose and vote for Obama for the 2nd term, because it means keeping tea party anti-science nutballs that much farther away from one of the branches of government.

I would not mind voting for a moderate Republican, but those are in very short supply and their numbers are dwindling daily, being thrown under Sarah Palin's bus by their fellows.

The shift to the right, with the stark raving mad wing of the GOP having staged a coup of that party have made me into a confirmed Democrat.

coyotes_geek
09-15-2011, 09:27 AM
It's what happens with the economy over the next year that's going to decide the election. Things get better, Obama's safe. Things get worse, Obama's out. Status quo probably favors the republican.

George Gervin's Afro
09-15-2011, 09:28 AM
fuck yes.

I will hold my nose and vote for obama for the 2nd term, because it means keeping tea party anti-science nutballs that much farther away from one of the branches of government.

I would not mind voting for a moderate republican, but those are in very short supply and their numbers are dwindling daily, being thrown under sarah palin's bus by their fellows.

The shift to the right, with the stark raving mad wing of the gop having staged a coup of that party have made me into a confirmed democrat.

+1

RandomGuy
09-15-2011, 09:29 AM
no need to get emotional. my point is main issue the GOP has is they have freaks for candidates. Had they serious candidates their chances would be way better.

but as of right now, your chances are slim, slim

btw out of all the candidates including Obama I like Romney best. He'd make a great president. But I'm realistic he's gonna have a hard time even winning the GOP nomination. It's the Kerry syndrome.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts.

As a Democrat though, I am rooting for Perry or Bachmann. Give the tea party what it wants.

George Gervin's Afro
09-15-2011, 09:31 AM

As a Democrat though, I am rooting for Perry or Bachmann. Give the tea party what it wants.

Dmocrats for Perry 2012!

Where do I sign up?

CosmicCowboy
09-15-2011, 09:32 AM
Bachmann is dead, she just doesn't realize it yet.

It's a two horse race with Perry and Romney. With the Boutons style media attack dogs in a frenzy over Perry, that gives Romney a slight edge. Republicans will rally around whoever wins the primary and go to the polls in record numbers.

hater
09-15-2011, 09:32 AM
economy is really not that important in election tbh. I will make a thread explaining this...

Crookshanks
09-15-2011, 09:36 AM
..Poll: Obama disapproval soars to 54 percent in Va
By BOB LEWIS - AP Political Writer | AP – 3 hrs

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — President Barack Obama's disapproval rating has soared to 54 percent in Virginia, a battleground state the Democrat took from the Republicans to win the White House in 2008 and will likely need to carry next year to win re-election, a new poll released Thursday shows.

The Quinnipiac University Poll, based on telephone interviews with 1,368 registered voters from Sept. 7-12, found that only 40 percent approved of the president's performance, down from 48 percent in the same survey in June. Six percent were undecided. The survey's margin of sampling error was plus or minus 2.7 percentage points.

The results mirror other polls that show a continuing slide in the president's popularity in a slow, troubled economy.

In the Virginia survey, a majority — 51 percent — said they did not think Obama deserves to be re-elected, compared to 41 percent who would re-elect him. Eight percent didn't know or wouldn't say.

Most troubling for Obama is his poor performance among independents, many of whom supported him three years ago. Sixty-three percent of unaligned voters disapproved of the way Obama is handling his duties while only 29 percent approved.

Texas Gov. Rick Perry shot to the front of a 10-candidate Republican field among respondents who identified themselves as Republicans or Republican-leaning voters. Twenty-nine percent listed Perry as their top choice, and 19 percent said former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney was their favorite. No other candidate was in double digits.

When the Republicans were asked if their primary came down to a choice between Perry and Romney, 43 percent chose Perry and 36 percent chose Romney.

In hypothetical matchups against Obama put before all of those surveyed, Perry and Romney were in statistical dead heats with the president. In a pairing against Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachman, Obama was favored 48 percent to 37 percent. Against Sarah Palin, who has not declared her candidacy, 50 percent chose Obama to 35 percent for the former Alaska governor and John McCain's 2008 vice presidential running mate.

The poll is released as candidates already begin targeting Virginia voters. Obama kicked off his nationwide tour aimed at pressuring Congress to adopt his jobs bill in Richmond on Friday. Perry delivered speeches Wednesday at a convocation at Liberty University in Lynchburg and a sold-out GOP fundraiser in Richmond.

=================================
You 20 percenters just keep telling yourself Obama is gonna win - I guess that's what makes life living. :lol

George Gervin's Afro
09-15-2011, 09:39 AM
..Poll: Obama disapproval soars to 54 percent in Va
By BOB LEWIS - AP Political Writer | AP – 3 hrs

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — President Barack Obama's disapproval rating has soared to 54 percent in Virginia, a battleground state the Democrat took from the Republicans to win the White House in 2008 and will likely need to carry next year to win re-election, a new poll released Thursday shows.

The Quinnipiac University Poll, based on telephone interviews with 1,368 registered voters from Sept. 7-12, found that only 40 percent approved of the president's performance, down from 48 percent in the same survey in June. Six percent were undecided. The survey's margin of sampling error was plus or minus 2.7 percentage points.

The results mirror other polls that show a continuing slide in the president's popularity in a slow, troubled economy.

In the Virginia survey, a majority — 51 percent — said they did not think Obama deserves to be re-elected, compared to 41 percent who would re-elect him. Eight percent didn't know or wouldn't say.

Most troubling for Obama is his poor performance among independents, many of whom supported him three years ago. Sixty-three percent of unaligned voters disapproved of the way Obama is handling his duties while only 29 percent approved.

Texas Gov. Rick Perry shot to the front of a 10-candidate Republican field among respondents who identified themselves as Republicans or Republican-leaning voters. Twenty-nine percent listed Perry as their top choice, and 19 percent said former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney was their favorite. No other candidate was in double digits.

When the Republicans were asked if their primary came down to a choice between Perry and Romney, 43 percent chose Perry and 36 percent chose Romney.

In hypothetical matchups against Obama put before all of those surveyed, Perry and Romney were in statistical dead heats with the president. In a pairing against Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachman, Obama was favored 48 percent to 37 percent. Against Sarah Palin, who has not declared her candidacy, 50 percent chose Obama to 35 percent for the former Alaska governor and John McCain's 2008 vice presidential running mate.

The poll is released as candidates already begin targeting Virginia voters. Obama kicked off his nationwide tour aimed at pressuring Congress to adopt his jobs bill in Richmond on Friday. Perry delivered speeches Wednesday at a convocation at Liberty University in Lynchburg and a sold-out GOP fundraiser in Richmond.

=================================
You 20 percenters just keep telling yourself Obama is gonna win - I guess that's what makes life living. :lol

memo to skanks... it's September 2011..

sincerely,

reality

coyotes_geek
09-15-2011, 09:42 AM
economy is really not that important in election tbh. I will make a thread explaining this...

I look forward to reading it, because on the surface this sounds like a pretty ridiculous statement.

I certainly grant you that 4/5ths of the country is going to just wave their red and blue pom-poms and vote for whomever has the appropriate letter behind their name, but I'm having a hard time seeing what the middle 20% who will ultimately decide this election could find more important than the economy. There's some pretty high unemployment rates in some pretty key swing states.

ElNono
09-15-2011, 09:50 AM
This might be the 1st time I'll be able to vote, and I still don't know who I would vote for.
It's right vs extreme right. The lack of options is not very appealing, tbh.
I guess I gotta see how much the GOP candidate tilts towards the middle before the election.

It stinks, actually.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-15-2011, 09:59 AM

Pffffffff. Give me a break. Isn't that how Obama got in?? Is the economy better now? I think it's anybody's game. Too bad I don't really care for any of them.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-15-2011, 10:02 AM
Bachmann is dead, she just doesn't realize it yet.

Exactly. I was surprised how she went after Perry about the hpv vaccine, but she screwed herself when she made the claim that the vaccine caused someone's child to have mental retardation the day after. Plus, does she ever really answer any question???

DarkReign
09-15-2011, 10:12 AM
Fuck yes.

I will hold my nose and vote for Obama for the 2nd term, because it means keeping tea party anti-science nutballs that much farther away from one of the branches of government.

I would not mind voting for a moderate Republican, but those are in very short supply and their numbers are dwindling daily, being thrown under Sarah Palin's bus by their fellows.

The shift to the right, with the stark raving mad wing of the GOP having staged a coup of that party have made me into a confirmed Democrat.

Fucking nailed it for me.

Besides the voting for Obama part. I will probably just write a name in.

The GOP wears its proud ignorance and religion on its sleeve. What disgusts me is that this strategy actually plays for a large portion of the population. I honestly thought we as a country would be beyond this sort of shit by now. That we are not is just another indictment on the long list of defunct government structure and media darling candidates with no substance or conviction, shilling the government to the highest bidder for the sole purpose of re-election.

This country's government is an example of exactly how to do democracy completely wrong.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-15-2011, 10:17 AM
This country's government is an example of exactly how to do democracy completely wrong.
Especially in a republic.

Crookshanks
09-15-2011, 10:20 AM
Fucking nailed it for me.

Besides the voting for Obama part. I will probably just write a name in.

The GOP wears its proud ignorance and religion on its sleeve. What disgusts me is that this strategy actually plays for a large portion of the population. I honestly thought we as a country would be beyond this sort of shit by now. That we are not is just another indictment on the long list of defunct government structure and media darling candidates with no substance or conviction, shilling the government to the highest bidder for the sole purpose of re-election.

Yet ours has been around for longer than any other democracy - and up until just recently, we were the lone superpower in the world and the greatest country. An if the USA is so bad, why are millions of people from all over the world still trying to come here?

101A
09-15-2011, 10:24 AM

The tea party had its own debate last weekend. Neither of the candidates you list seemed to be particularly favored by that crowd.

I think you have bought into the media/conventional wisdom representation of what a typical "Tea Party" member is; and THAT appears to be very similar to the old "Moral Majority" stereotype (who had hijacked the Republican party before).

I have some strong tea party leanings (whatever those might be), and I would vote for neither Perry nor Bachmann. I wouldn't even vote form them over Obama as a "lesser of two evils" choice. Perry is Al Gore, when Gore was a politician. Finger in the wind opportunist. Also, is the most obvious and blatant corporatist we could possibly elect. Bachmann simply isn't very intelligent. Obama coupled with a Republican Congress is a better choice, IMO.

Before the last Presidential election I changed my registration from "Republican" to "Independent". When McCain pulled the run to Washington, and vote for TARP B.S. I pulled all support, and my vote, from him. I will probably re-register as a Republican so I can have a say in the Primary - but if the field doesn't change, there is not a single politician in the race right now (who has a chance at the nomination) that I can support.

hater
09-15-2011, 10:27 AM
An if the USA is so bad, why are millions of people from all over the world still trying to come here?

link? from my experience I hear less and less ppl are trying to come here. Except for mexicans but that is because they are having a civil war in their country.

coyotes_geek
09-15-2011, 10:30 AM
I've gone with the self-imposed political exile to Ron Paul's island.

MannyIsGod
09-15-2011, 11:08 AM
Remember when Yoni didn't think Obama would win? How did that one go for you, Yoni?

scott
09-15-2011, 11:19 AM

I'd say this actually doesn't bode well for Republican nominees at this point. For them to not be able to have a lead in these kinds of polls at this stage, with the economy in its current state, should be a little troubling. Very reminiscent of these kinds of polls that were taking in 2005, when Bush had an approval rating in the high 30, low 40 %s.

MannyIsGod
09-15-2011, 11:23 AM
I'd say this actually doesn't bode well for Republican nominees at this point. For them to not be able to have a lead in these kinds of polls at this stage, with the economy in its current state, should be a little troubling. Very reminiscent of these kinds of polls that were taking in 2005, when Bush had an approval rating in the high 30, low 40 %s.

Thats exactly the point I just made in the other thread. I think the election is about as close to a toss up as it ever will be at this point but I don't think Obama really has anymore of an uphill battle than any other candidate. When you consider just how poor the economy has been and all the bad press Obama has recieved (outside of Bin Laden when was the last time you heard a story where Obama was viewed positively?) that it is still a toss up says a lot, IMO.

101A
09-15-2011, 11:27 AM
Thats exactly the point I just made in the other thread. I think the election is about as close to a toss up as it ever will be at this point but I don't think Obama really has anymore of an uphill battle than any other candidate. When you consider just how poor the economy has been and all the bad press Obama has recieved (outside of Bin Laden when was the last time you heard a story where Obama was viewed positively?) that it is still a toss up says a lot, IMO.

I think it speaks to how unpopular the Republicans are, not how popular Obama is. The Republicans are putting up '04 Democrat and '96 level Republican candidates (what is it with incumbent presidential elections?) It appears the party out of party is conceding.

George Gervin's Afro
09-15-2011, 11:28 AM

the proponents of posts that you refer to ain't so bright....

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-15-2011, 11:36 AM

Because Obama's not a Democrat

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-15-2011, 11:40 AM
An if the USA is so bad, why are millions of people from all over the world still trying to come here?
Illegal immigrants are LEAVING this country as we speak. Immigration from other countries is down drastically. America isn't the country people try to live in anymore, if I had to guess I'd say there's more emigration out of America than there is immigration these days.

vy65
09-15-2011, 11:40 AM
Hillary would be the only viable contender in the radar now simply because no other democrat is in a position to raise enough cash to challenge Obama. She won't run. BUT...what if BILL did? There nothing to legally prevent that. Wouldn't that be a hoot? He would kick Obama's ass.

lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-Second_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

JoeChalupa
09-15-2011, 11:43 AM
Only way I see it is if Obama himself decided not to run. If the GOP doesn't win the POTUS then it will be an upset win for Obama. It is the GOP's election to lose.

CosmicCowboy
09-15-2011, 12:38 PM
lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-Second_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

Oops. I remembered it differently, that there was just a two term term limit. I thought they could later run again. Thanks for the clarification.

CosmicCowboy
09-15-2011, 12:38 PM
Only way I see it is if Obama himself decided not to run. If the GOP doesn't win the POTUS then it will be an upset win for Obama. It is the GOP's election to lose.

That freaking narcissist? No way in hell he doesn't run again.

Yonivore
09-16-2011, 08:29 AM
I agree.

Apparently, John Fund sees that as a possibility. Relevant clip begins at about the 3:00-3:15 mark.

dU9Hy6QY1TM

The Hill.com story mentioned by Fund in the clip (possibly before the 3:00 mark, I don't remember)

Dems' fate in NY special sparks '12 fears (http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/181073-dems-peril-in-ny-seat-sparks-fear-for-nov-12)

“If Turner wins on Tuesday, it will be largely due to the incredible unpopularity of Barack Obama dragging his party down in the district,” wrote Tom Jensen of the Democratic-affiliated Public Policy Polling, one of the firms whose poll had Turner in the lead.
A Democratic strategist said Obama has become such a problem for down-ticket Democrats that he was wary of encouraging candidates to run next year. “I’m warning my clients — ‘Don’t run in 2012.’ I don’t want to see good candidates lose by 12 to 15 points because of the president,” said the strategist.

Yonivore
09-16-2011, 08:29 AM
That freaking narcissist? No way in hell he doesn't run again.
We can only hope.

Yonivore
09-16-2011, 09:04 AM
Another brick in the wall?

Hillary Clinton Rise as Most Popular Politician Prompting Buyers’ Remorse (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-09-16/clinton-popularity-prompts-some-remorse-poll.html)

The most popular national political figure in America today is one who was rejected by her own party three years ago: Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

Nearly two-thirds of Americans hold a favorable view of her and one-third are suffering a form of buyer’s remorse, saying the U.S. would be better off now if she had become president in 2008 instead of Barack Obama.

The finding in the latest Bloomberg National Poll shows a higher level of wishful thinking about a Hillary Clinton presidency than when a similar question was asked in July 2010. Then, a quarter of Americans held such a view.

“Looking back, I wonder if she would have been a stronger leader, knowing the games and the politics and all that goes on,” said Susan Dunlop, 50, a homemaker in New Port Richey, Florida. “I don’t think she would have bent as much.”
I wonder which of the Democrats' elder statesmen will draw the short straw and have to approach Barack about possibly not seeking a second term, a la' Lyndon Johnson.

Yonivore
09-19-2011, 05:36 PM
Economic team squabbles, rumors of sexism in the White House, Congressional Black Caucus is torn between their constituents and the President and now, this?

Why Obama should withdraw (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/chi-chapman-obama-reelection,0,622512.column)

That's one of his hometown newspapers.

Democratic consultant James Carville had one word of advice for Obama: "Panic."
By the way, if you haven't heard that interview with James Carville, I highly recommend. It is comedy gold.

Also, if you watched Slick Willy on Meet The Press, Sunday morning, he didn't exactly get around to saying Hillary wouldn't be interested in the nomination.

At the very least, those of you in here who said -- when I started this thread -- there was zero chance Obama wouldn't be the nominee, at least have to entertain the possibility the number is no longer zero.

:corn:

ElNono
09-19-2011, 06:04 PM
Yet ours has been around for longer than any other democracy - and up until just recently, we were the lone superpower in the world and the greatest country. An if the USA is so bad, why are millions of people from all over the world still trying to come here?

But this isn't the same democracy as yesteryear... you know, when parties actually stood for something different between them.

That Congress, the only bipartisan branch of government (claims of activist judges notwithstanding), has a dismal approval rating tells you all you need to know about the current sad state of political affairs.

ChumpDumper
09-19-2011, 06:06 PM
Economic team squabbles, rumors of sexism in the White House, Congressional Black Caucus is torn between their constituents and the President and now, this?

Why Obama should withdraw (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/chi-chapman-obama-reelection,0,622512.column)

By the way, if you haven't heard that interview with James Carville, I highly recommend. It is comedy gold.

Also, if you watched Slick Willy on Meet The Press, Sunday morning, he didn't exactly get around to saying Hillary wouldn't be interested in the nomination.

At the very least, those of you in here who said -- when I started this thread -- there was zero chance Obama wouldn't be the nominee, at least have to entertain the possibility the number is no longer zero.

:corn:Hilary is the only person who could mount any kind of challenge. I don't know why you would think Bill has anything to do with her.

ElNono
09-19-2011, 06:07 PM

And that's a conservative columnist. You know, just in case you had no idea.

George Gervin's Afro
09-19-2011, 06:39 PM

intellectual honesty isn't one of yoni's strengths

ChumpDumper
09-19-2011, 06:40 PM
Yoni linked a column from a Kenyan newspaper?

Nbadan
09-21-2011, 01:09 AM
":lol

Obama is such a lock that Democrats ought to cross party lines in the primary and support Bachman....

Yonivore
09-21-2011, 02:07 AM
I didn't know but, if so, he's a David Brooks type conservative. If you read his articles, he was praising Obama last month on his Libyan victory. Not exactly the Conservative line.

David Brooks, another ostensible "Conservative" columnist that has been blowing Obama cock, for some time now, is equally disillusioned with The One

Obama Rejects Obamaism (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/20/opinion/brooks-obama-rejects-obamaism.html?_r=2&pagewanted=all)

If he's losing moderates (even if you want to call them conservatives), he's toast.

FuzzyLumpkins
09-21-2011, 03:22 AM
God I hate the two party system.

Wild Cobra
09-21-2011, 01:28 PM
God I hate the two party system.
I think we all do, but what can we do in creating a system better?

If we get three parties, the one with the most members will win.

We cannot easily change our constitution.

How can we realistically make things better?