PDA

View Full Version : Sons It Appears Captain Pau is on his way to Gold

LkrFan
09-18-2011, 12:07 AM
I don't see a Tony Parker lead team stopping him - just like in 2008 vs Spurs in the playoffs. It doesn't matter if he is playing by NBA or FIBA rules - he is bringing it unlike another HOF PF in 2004. Should be a good game for Captain Pau.

Gold Medal Count:

Pau: 1
TD and TP: 0

Neal with it sons! :downspin:

skut_farkus
09-18-2011, 12:16 AM
lol at pau needing navarro to get him to the final game

pass1st
09-18-2011, 12:18 AM
Spain's game to lose with the Gasol brothers shitting on countries like Greece

PGDynasty24
09-18-2011, 06:21 AM
I have been studying abroad here in Spain and got chance to watch all the Spain games. Pau looks like the Pau of old, making quick and agressive moves. I like what I am seeing

LkrFan
09-18-2011, 07:19 AM
I have been studying abroad here in Spain and got chance to watch all the Spain games. Pau looks like the Pau of old, making quick and agressive moves. I like what I am seeing

Good stuff man. Pau will get every opportunity to do damage under coach Brown. Here is an excerpt from the OC Register:

For all who’ve wondered if Brown catered too much to LeBron James in Cleveland, some within the Lakers’ organization wondered if Shaw would’ve catered too much to Bryant here in a system Bryant actually understood even better than Shaw did.
And whether you want to read a lot or a little into it, note this: When talking about the contrasting offensive styles Brown will show from Cleveland to here, the new Lakers’ coach summarized the coming Lakers offense as feeding Gasol and Bynum inside, not being the Kobe show.
“This team is completely different from what I had in Cleveland,” Brown said. “In Cleveland, I had a guy who liked to come off the top of the floor, liked to play in space and play pick-and-roll and make plays for others. Here, I’ve got two guys similar to what we had in San Antonio; you’re able to throw them the ball on the block.”

LINK (http://www.ocregister.com/sports/brown-317428-lakers-coach.html)

The Lakers' strength is their size and versatility and Brown knows it. Kobe is still Kobe but we aren't winning jack with Kobe ball. That's no knock on Kobe because even at his most dominant self (when he averaged 35.4ppg) the Lakers didn't go that far without a potent inside game. Brown will have a fine line to tote between feeding the bigs and allowing Kobe to get his. Let's face it, his post game is just as good (in some ways its better) as Bynum and Gasol's. For Brown, that's a nice problem to have. A problem he didn't have in Cleveland despite back to back 60+ win seasons.

I've only seen highlights of Pau and haven't really critically judged his game but from what I am reading he is getting back to his old self which is refreshing to see as a Laker fan. I'm expecting a big season from Pau this year based on his history as a Laker. In 2008 he was punked by the likes of PJ Brown, KG, and Perkins. The next year he outplayed D12 in the Finals and exacted his revenge against them same Celtics (Sheed replaced PJ but still) the following year. This year he was punked by Dirk. So we know what is happening next year. :lobt2:

:toast

MR.SILVER&BLack
09-18-2011, 10:12 AM
Good stuff man. Pau will get every opportunity to do damage under coach Brown. Here is an excerpt from the OC Register:

The Lakers' strength is their size and versatility and Brown knows it. Kobe is still Kobe but we aren't winning jack with Kobe ball. That's no knock on Kobe because even at his most dominant self (when he averaged 35.4ppg) the Lakers didn't go that far without a potent inside game. Brown will have a fine line to tote between feeding the bigs and allowing Kobe to get his. Let's face it, his post game is just as good (in some ways its better) as Bynum and Gasol's. For Brown, that's a nice problem to have. A problem he didn't have in Cleveland despite back to back 60+ win seasons.

I've only seen highlights of Pau and haven't really critically judged his game but from what I am reading he is getting back to his old self which is refreshing to see as a Laker fan. I'm expecting a big season from Pau this year based on his history as a Laker. In 2008 he was punked by the likes of PJ Brown, KG, and Perkins. The next year he outplayed D12 in the Finals and exacted his revenge against them same Celtics (Sheed replaced PJ but still) the following year. This year he was punked by Dirk. So we know what is happening next year. :lobt2:

just shows the only way for LA to be as dominate as the early 2000's is for kobe to play pippen.

Venti Quattro
09-18-2011, 11:33 AM
Now if he only can do it in the NBA Playoffs...

LkrFan
09-18-2011, 03:02 PM
just shows the only way for LA to be as dominate as the early 2000's is for kobe to play pippen.

:lol @you trying to :downspin: shit. This is a Captain Pau thread. GTFO with this Kobe bashing BS. :nope

Stalin
09-18-2011, 03:44 PM
even lakerfan know, kobe gotta coatail bigmen to get himself some rings

endrity
09-18-2011, 03:49 PM
'La Bomba' carried him in the final two games.

Koolaid_Man
09-18-2011, 03:50 PM

this all sounds fine and dandy but until Gasol learns to get and maintain his position in the post without trying to post up at the top of the key and then being pushed further from the basket by guys that are 6'8...and until Bynum can play above the rim without having to set his feet for a chippy basket...and until Bynum and Gasol can learn to play together this team is only going as far as Kobe will take them...Bynum and Gasol are not the answers...if they were they would have stepped up this year when Kobe was feeding them relentlessly inside...they choked...both of them did...If Bynum and Pau are both Lazy on defense just flat out lazy...

Once we get Dwight in here to play alongside Pau then order will be restored in LALA land. :lol

LkrFan
09-18-2011, 04:18 PM
this all sounds fine and dandy but until Gasol learns to get and maintain his position in the post without trying to post up at the top of the key and then being pushed further from the basket by guys that are 6'8...and until Bynum can play above the rim without having to set his feet for a chippy basket...and until Bynum and Gasol can learn to play together this team is only going as far as Kobe will take them...Bynum and Gasol are not the answers...if they were they would have stepped up this year when Kobe was feeding them relentlessly inside...they choked...both of them did...If Bynum and Pau are both Lazy on defense just flat out lazy...

Once we get Dwight in here to play alongside Pau then order will be restored in LALA land. :lol
They all failed last year. All of them. I'm not holding my breath for D12. We got it done w/Pau & Big Drew before and we'll do it again.

Koolaid_Man
09-18-2011, 04:44 PM
They all failed last year. All of them. I'm not holding my breath for D12. We got it done w/Pau & Big Drew before and we'll do it again.

actually our inside was the cause of the mayhem...no boxing out, no rebounding, weak rotations...for perspective:

I'll look it up later but in the 2nd round Kobe averaged more than Lebron, Wade, and Nowitski during this years finals....

He wasn't Kobe of old but he certainly did his part...