PDA

View Full Version : Pero Antic (Macedonia)

ezau
09-18-2011, 02:26 AM
I just watched the semifinals of Macedonia vs. Spain in this year's Eurobasket and I must admit I'm totally impressed with Macedonia's Pero Antic.

The guy is probably around 6'10-611 and around 250 lbs. while more than holding his own against Ibaka and the Gasol brothers.

What impressed me the most out of this guy is his passing ability, mobility for a guy his size, and shooting range. He also has a very high basketball IQ and I do think that he's capable of playing physical defense in the NBA level.

I checked out his profile and I don't think any NBA team owns his rights right now. I hope there's a way that the Spurs can buy out his contract from his Russian team and I'm pretty sure there's a place for him in the team's rotation.

BTW, could easily be the next big guy after Duncan if he ever wears a Spurs uniform.

ezau
09-18-2011, 04:46 AM
Yeah. I like Splitter as a player, but Antic is waaaay more skilled than him at this point. Do you know how much Olympiacos is offering him? Why hasn't any NBA team noticed this guy before?

Mel_13
09-18-2011, 06:01 AM
Supposedly he is about to sign with Olympiacos.

Releasing PEDrousis and replacing him with Antic would represent an upgrade at the position for Oly.

Why hasn't any NBA team noticed this guy before?

Antic is not in the NBA, and hasn't played in the Euroleague since 2005, for the most obvious of reasons.

Pero
09-18-2011, 09:43 PM
Antic is not in the NBA, and hasn't played in the Euroleague since 2005, for the most obvious of reasons.

Uhm, what are those obvious reasons? :lol

Mel_13
09-18-2011, 10:58 PM
Uhm, what are those obvious reasons? :lol

The exact same reason that hundreds of professional basketball players earn their livings in leagues inferior to the Euroleague and the NBA.

pass1st
09-19-2011, 12:34 AM
It's funny because 25 NBA scouts were at the last few games just to watch Bourousis.

Antic is way better than Splitter. Says it all right there about the most obvious of reasons. A guy that does not even play in Euroleague is much better than the so-called savior of the Spurs.

I don't think NBA scouts work during the lockout

ElNono
09-19-2011, 01:23 AM
It's funny because 25 NBA scouts were at the last few games just to watch Bourousis.

Shouldn't be hard to have him. All NBA teams need to do is pay him.

Considering Macedonia >>>>>> Greece, Antic probably has a better shot, tbh

BG_Spurs_Fan
09-20-2011, 02:11 AM
As it turns out, Antic's minimum asking price is $1.2 million (in NBA terms - gross income and in US dollars). He told reporters in Lithuania that he expects to sign with Olympiacos soon.

So apparently you can cross him off of any list of possible Spurs candidates.

lol I'm sure Pop is devastated :lol

ElNono
09-20-2011, 02:37 AM
He's gonna play for Germany? :lol

BG_Spurs_Fan
09-20-2011, 02:41 AM
No. But he is vastly superior to Splitter.

Maybe at table tennis or something, but surely not at basketball.

BG_Spurs_Fan
09-20-2011, 03:06 AM
Just as the others in this thread said that have seen both play (for example NOT you) he is wayyyyy better than Splitter.

Splitter is a complete joke compared to someone like Antic.

In fact, now that I think about it, Popovich would jizz if he ever saw Antic play. He is Matt Bonner's 3 point shooting, plus defense, plus rebounding, plus low post scoring.

I'm probably the ST poster who has seen him play more than anyone else, apart from Bukefal, so don't act like you know shit. Cheers.

BG_Spurs_Fan
09-20-2011, 05:04 AM
I have never in my life seen Splitter play outside of Spurs games. I have never in my life seen Antic play and I do not even know who he is. I had never even heard of him until I saw this thread.

Cheers.

Fixed it for ya.

Mel_13
09-20-2011, 07:37 AM
Just as the others in this thread said

It's just you and the OP. :rollin

Mel_13
09-20-2011, 07:39 AM
As it turns out, Antic's minimum asking price is $1.2 million (in NBA terms - gross income and in US dollars). He told reporters in Lithuania that he expects to sign with Olympiacos soon.

So apparently you can cross him off of any list of possible Spurs candidates.

Oly with a good move. Releasing PEDrousis and signing Antic represents a significant upgrade.

Darkwaters
09-20-2011, 10:08 AM
Someone needs to calculate how often KBP mentions Splitter. A rough and dirty would be that something like 90% of his posts cite Splitter in some overtly negative way. 1055 and counting.

BG_Spurs_Fan
09-20-2011, 10:12 AM
Someone needs to calculate how often KBP mentions Splitter. A rough and dirty would be that something like 90% of his posts cite Splitter in some overtly negative way. 1055 and counting.

Chances are, pick a random euro big from a random mediocre league and he'll come right away claiming said player is much better than Splitter.

Mel_13
09-20-2011, 10:20 AM
Chances are, pick a random euro big from a random mediocre league and he'll come right away claiming said player is much better than Splitter.

It's just part of his ever-evolving schtick as he desperately seeks attention.

From January, 2009 when many San Antonio fans didn't believe that Splitter would ever leave Europe:

He is not clear best big but one of 3 that are close I think.

Splitter
Bourousis
Pekovic

They are little different each of them. Splitter is more type of player maybe will fit next to Duncan. But Pekovic is far superior in offense and strength and post moves. But Tiago is much better than him in rebounding and defense. Bourousis is definitely all around better player than Splitter but Splitter is more athletic than him.

lefty
09-20-2011, 10:29 AM
Macedonia FTW !!!!!!

:lol Greece

pass1st
09-20-2011, 11:03 AM
Antic is much better than Bourousis

lefty
09-20-2011, 11:15 AM
Antic is much better than Bourousis
Antic is much better than Greece

BG_Spurs_Fan
09-20-2011, 01:14 PM
Antic is much better than Greece

Everyone is better off than Greece, tbh.

Mel_13
09-24-2011, 02:24 PM
Pero Antic officially agreed to terms with Olympiacos on a 2 year $3.8 million contract.

Antic will take his physical Saturday afternoon and if he passes it he will be officially signed.

Excellent move by Oly to upgrade from PEDrousis to Antic.

How long before we get to read stories about how Antic is as Greek as Peja and Rasho?

pass1st
09-24-2011, 03:53 PM
Too bad he isn't younger, had to join some shitty Greek club instead of the NBA