PDA

View Full Version : The Gay Scarlet Letter

Nbadan
06-14-2005, 11:40 AM
The leader of a conservative Christian lobby group says that gays should be required to wear warning labels.

"We put warning labels on cigarette packs because we know that smoking takes one to two years off the average life span, yet we 'celebrate' a lifestyle that we know spreads every kind of sexually transmitted disease and takes at least 20 years off the average life span according to the 2005 issue of the revered scientific journal Psychological Reports," said Rev. Bill Banuchi, executive director of the New York Christian Coalition.

The journal regularly publishes articles described by many mainstream psychologists as misleading and faulty. The homosexuality morbidity study was conducted by the conservative anti-gay Family Research Institute.

more: 365gay.com (http://www.365gay.com/newscon05/06/061305pride.htm)

Didn't Hitler force gays to wear Pink Triangles?

http://cghs.dade.k12.fl.us/holocaust/pink_triangle.jpg

There we go!

mookie2001
06-14-2005, 11:43 AM
New York Christian Coalition

id break them off

FromWayDowntown
06-14-2005, 01:41 PM
What's next for these guys?

Newspeak?

SWC Bonfire
06-14-2005, 02:08 PM
What is NBADan doing at 365gay.com?

Dre_7
06-14-2005, 03:06 PM
I am a very devout Christian. I just wanna let you know, there are alot of us that actually follow the teachings of Jesus, and love ALL people. Please dont think we are all hateful people. There are a lot of Christians that are loving of all people. The motto of our church is: "Come as you are."

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

"'Love your neighbor as yourself."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets."

-Jesus Christ

Word

FromWayDowntown
06-14-2005, 04:21 PM
I'm a Christian, too. But I was raised to believe that I have no basis to sit in judgment as to my fellow man -- that's God's job, not mine. My job is to share God's love and to love and respect those who walk this Earth with me, regardless of who they are or what they believe. If I can help someone to see God's love for the first time through my words or acts, I'm helping; but I have neither the authority nor the ability to sit in judgment.

Apparently, that view isn't widely held among the conservative Christians who would prefer to see our government become some sort of judeo-christian theocracy.

Bandit2981
06-14-2005, 04:25 PM
I believe in the seperation of church and hate

violentkitten
06-14-2005, 04:26 PM
i believe in the use of cute catch phrases

Bandit2981
06-14-2005, 04:30 PM
me too

E20
06-14-2005, 06:12 PM
I have to read The Scarlet Letter as a summer HW assignment for English next year damn mother fuckers AND write 2 different essays on them.

As long as gays don't personally rub up on me I have no prob with them.

Dre_7
06-14-2005, 11:51 PM
I'm a Christian, too. But I was raised to believe that I have no basis to sit in judgment as to my fellow man -- that's God's job, not mine. My job is to share God's love and to love and respect those who walk this Earth with me, regardless of who they are or what they believe.

Bingo!!!!

Experiment2100
06-15-2005, 12:42 AM
Really though, can't you just tell, I mean come on isn't that why God gave us a gaydar.

Nbadan
06-15-2005, 01:42 AM
I am a very devout Christian. I just wanna let you know, there are alot of us that actually follow the teachings of Jesus, and love ALL people. Please dont think we are all hateful people. There are a lot of Christians that are loving of all people. The motto of our church is: "Come as you are."

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

"'Love your neighbor as yourself."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets."

-Jesus Christ

Word

This wasn't meant to be a bash on Christians thread, just these CC mothers..

but as long as we are were we are, maybe It's time for more Christians to honestly answer to themselves which political party most likely advocates positions that Jesus Christ would advocate if he were here on earth today...

SWC Bonfire
06-15-2005, 09:35 AM
but as long as we are were we are, maybe It's time for more Christians to honestly answer to themselves which political party most likely advocates positions that Jesus Christ would advocate if he were here on earth today...

He'd be an independent voter. :lol

ADDENDUM: Political parties are the invention of man, not of God. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot. Anyone who thinks all Republicans are Bible thumpers are idiots, as well.

Dre_7
06-15-2005, 09:38 AM

Honestly, from what I know about the life and teaching of Christ, I personally doint think he would advocate ANY political party. They all have MAJOR flaws.

desflood
06-15-2005, 09:47 AM
This wasn't meant to be a bash on Christians thread, just these CC mothers..

He would say, "Don't bother Me with politics. There are important things to worry about."

SouthernFried
06-15-2005, 10:21 AM
I dunno...mebbe the gay community should get behind this.

No more "Man, what a nice butt...I wonder if he's like me." They'd have a sign.

Consider it a public service.

Nbadan
06-15-2005, 02:15 PM
He would say, "Don't bother Me with politics. There are important things to worry about."

Republican politics today is pretty much equal to the High Church which Jesus thought had become too self-serving and corrupt in his day. You don't think Jesus would have argued against that today?

SWC Bonfire
06-15-2005, 02:18 PM
Republican politics today is pretty much equal to the High Church which Jesus thought had become too self-serving and corrupt in his day. You don't think Jesus would have argued against that today?

You can probably see pretty far from that high horse you're riding on, right?

Dre_7
06-15-2005, 03:45 PM

Wow, I know you dont like republicans, but to try and use Jesus to argue your point is just plain stupid. Again, I dont think he would support any political party. There are problems w/ republicans, and there are problems with democrates!!!! Sorry Nbadan, niether side is right.

Spurminator
06-15-2005, 05:13 PM
Jesus Christ would stand before all of Congress without regard to political parties.

There would be no campaigning on behalf of a Presidential Candidate.

He would not go on a concert tour in support of a political party.

He would not rock a "Vote or Die" T-Shirt.

And just for kicks, he'd probably go ahead and heal Terri Schiavo just to shut everybody up. Maybe he'd heal Michael Jackson too. Who knows?

Nbadan
06-15-2005, 11:53 PM
Wow, I know you dont like republicans, but to try and use Jesus to argue your point is just plain stupid. Again, I dont think he would support any political party. There are problems w/ republicans, and there are problems with democrates!!!! Sorry Nbadan, niether side is right.

So you’re saying Jesus Christ would support torture, indefinite confinement, military tribunals without representation, sleep deprivation, psychological and physical abuse? I’m not trying to say Democrats are perfect, but common, would Jesus approve of Guantanamo Bay, Diego Garza, and other secret Abu Gharibs in Iraq we have yet to learn about?

I think its a very legitimate question.

Dre_7
06-16-2005, 04:38 AM
So you’re saying Jesus Christ would support torture, indefinite confinement, military tribunals without representation, sleep deprivation, psychological and physical abuse? I’m not trying to say Democrats are perfect, but common, would Jesus approve of Guantanamo Bay, Diego Garza, and other secret Abu Gharibs in Iraq we have yet to learn about?

I think its a very legitimate question.

And He would approve of abortion?

Nbadan
06-16-2005, 01:53 PM
And He would approve of abortion?

If many moderate Republicans didn't support a woman's right to choice, that right would have been taken away by now with the Republicans controlling both the Executive and Legislative branches of government, but it ain't happening.

Sec24Row7
06-16-2005, 02:39 PM
Nice flounder there Dan... answer the question.

As for all those things allegedly being done to Muslims...

I mean... Christianity says they are going to hell anyway, all they are going through now is training camp as far as jesus would be concerened.