PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Solved!

cantthinkofanything
09-19-2011, 02:00 PM
For the longest time, I've thought that some cheese smells like vomit. Or vice versa. After pondering on this some more, I decided to search for an answer and find out what the fuck.

The culprit is Butyric acid.
Butyric acid is found in butter, parmesan cheese, and vomit.

Yum!

Agloco
09-19-2011, 02:43 PM
For the longest time, I've thought that some cheese smells like vomit. Or vice versa. After pondering on this some more, I decided to search for an answer and find out what the fuck.

The culprit is Butyric acid.
Butyric acid is found in butter, parmesan cheese, and vomit.

Yum!

You should do a scientific study on that. Correlate the amount of butyric acid in any sample with the degree of wretching in selected volunteers. You're sure to get hundreds of thousands in federal funding if you do.

boutons_deux
09-19-2011, 02:48 PM
you can obtain pure butyric acid. It's smells horrible, and tastes worse.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butyric_acid

Dex
09-19-2011, 02:51 PM
3, 2, 1...classroooooooom contact!

cantthinkofanything
09-19-2011, 02:52 PM
You should do a scientific study on that. Correlate the amount of butyric acid in any sample with the degree of wretching in selected volunteers. You're sure to get hundreds of thousands in federal funding if you do.

I don't know about all that. I was just going to spread a light coating of vomit on a pizza and see if anyone would eat it. And then film their reaction when I tell them there was vomit on it.

My other experiment would involve taking a delicious pizzza and putting parmesan chese on it and putting it in a blender. Then pour it on the floor and wait for someone to walk by. Then I get on my hands and knees and start licking it up. And filming their reaction to that.

Thinking out loud, maybe that's a gameshow in waiting. It's called "Eat This or That". The contestant would choose between eating what looked like a pizza OR eating what looked like vomit off the floor. But each show, we'd switch it around so sometimes there was real vomit on the floor and sometimes the pizza was normal. And sometimes both choices were vomit.