PDA

View Full Version : So, the feminists threw...

Yonivore
09-19-2011, 05:06 PM
...women under the bus for President William Jefferson Clinton.

Now, it appears the Congressional Black Caucus is throwing their constituency under the bus for President Barack Hussein Obama.

Cleaver: If Obama wasn't president, we would be ‘marching on the White House’ (http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/182209-cbc-chairman-if-obama-wasnt-in-office-we-would-be-marching-on-white-house)

"If [former President] Bill Clinton had been in the White House and had failed to address this problem, we probably would be marching on the White House," Cleaver told “The Miami Herald” in comments published Sunday. "There is a less-volatile reaction in the CBC because nobody wants to do anything that would empower the people who hate the president."
Hmmm... We'll ignore the problems this president is causing blacks because, it would tend to validate what our Republican opponents are saying.

Of course, Obama isn't without his women problems either...

No criticism from women's groups (http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0911/No_criticism_from_womens_groups.html)

Where is NOW? Where is the NAACP?

Well, at least Ralph Nader has had enough!

Liberals vow to challenge Obama in Democratic primaries (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/sep/19/liberals-vow-challenge-obama-democratic-primaries/)

DMX7
09-19-2011, 05:09 PM
What's the strategy of the economic terrorits?

ChumpDumper
09-19-2011, 05:11 PM
lol yoni still wants to use Obama's middle name

How'd that work out for you?

Oh, Gee!!
09-20-2011, 12:34 PM
uh oh

George Gervin's Afro
09-20-2011, 01:36 PM
another uselss thread by the political hack of all hacks..

Yonivore
09-20-2011, 09:39 PM
another uselss thread by the political hack of all hacks..
Seriously; are there any useful threads in this forum?

Did we cure cancer in here, or something, and I missed it?

ElNono
09-20-2011, 10:13 PM
Seriously; are there any useful threads in this forum?

Not this one.

Yonivore
09-20-2011, 10:22 PM
Not this one.
Are any?

Ignignokt
09-20-2011, 10:24 PM
I don't think you'll find anyone on this board who gives a shit about egalitarianism. Not all democrats are egalitarians yoni, nor do they have to be.

Crookshanks
09-20-2011, 11:11 PM
Face it Yoni - the Political forum has become quite lame and boring. Very, very few interesting threads in here.

Yonivore
09-20-2011, 11:27 PM
Face it Yoni - the Political forum has become quite lame and boring. Very, very few interesting threads in here.
One can hope, no?

MannyIsGod
09-21-2011, 01:47 AM
Can you explain to me how the feminists threw themselves under the bus?

Yonivore
09-21-2011, 01:59 AM
Can you explain to me how the feminists threw themselves under the bus?
Seems as though his White House isn't as friendly to women as a feminist might believe a Democrat White House would be.

George Gervin's Afro
09-21-2011, 07:54 AM
Seems as though his White House isn't as friendly to women as a feminist might believe a Democrat White House would be.

So what

Yonivore
09-21-2011, 07:56 AM
So what
Where are the outraged feminists?

Just as with Bill Clinton, it appears they're willing to throw women under the bus in the hopes of advancing a political agenda.

MannyIsGod
09-21-2011, 08:04 AM

How so?

MannyIsGod
09-21-2011, 08:06 AM

Just as with Bill Clinton, it appears they're willing to throw women under the bus in the hopes of advancing a political agenda.

You still haven't explained how exactly anyone was thrown under a bus to begin with.

Yonivore
09-21-2011, 08:28 AM
You still haven't explained how exactly anyone was thrown under a bus to begin with.

Persistent Complaints of Sexism in Obama White House (http://news.firedoglake.com/2011/09/20/persistent-complaints-of-sexism-in-obama-white-house/)

"Hostile Workplace" Quote Verified on Tape (http://politicalwire.com/archives/2011/09/20/hostile_workplace_quote_verified_on_tape.html)

One of the most striking quotes in Ron Suskind's Confidence Men comes from former White House communications director Anita Dunn who was quoted as saying that, "this place would be in court for a hostile workplace... Because it actually fit all of the classic legal requirements for a genuinely hostile workplace to women."

Dunn insisted to the Washington Post she was quoted out of context and said that she told the author "point blank" that the White House was not a hostile work environment.

However, Suskind allowed a reporter to review a recorded excerpt of the original interview, which shows Dunn saying the same thing quoted in the book, though she excluded President Obama from the characterization.
links in the article

George Gervin's Afro
09-21-2011, 08:28 AM

So if that is the case, what is the political benefit of alienating the female voting population ? What agenda includes pissing oiff a large portion of your base?

Tell us

Yonivore
09-21-2011, 08:31 AM
So if that is the case, what is the political benefit of alienating the female voting population ? What agenda includes pissing oiff a large portion of your base?

Tell us
Well, if the feminists and NOW can be reliably depended on to throw women under the bus and ignore the sexism; there's not much risk, is there?

Clinton enjoyed the same protection.

What would NOW being doing if this were said about a Republican administration?

George Gervin's Afro
09-21-2011, 08:38 AM
Well, if the feminists and NOW can be reliably depended on to throw women under the bus and ignore the sexism; there's not much risk, is there?

Clinton enjoyed the same protection.

What would NOW being doing if this were said about a Republican administration?

Boy this pretzelized logic you have going on here is hard to follow..:lmao

So now you are saying that NOW is ok with this perceived 'women problem'..so how is Obama throwing women under the bus again?

Yonivore
09-21-2011, 08:59 AM
Boy this pretzelized logic you have going on here is hard to follow..:lmao
I'm sorry you're having trouble following.

So now you are saying that NOW is ok with this perceived 'women problem'..so how is Obama throwing women under the bus again?
Ah, I see the problem. I never said Obama threw them under the bus but, that NOW and the feminist have, just as they did in the Clinton administration, so they don't imperil their liberal agenda.

George Gervin's Afro
09-21-2011, 09:44 AM
I'm sorry you're having trouble following.

Ah, I see the problem. I never said Obama threw them under the bus but, that NOW and the feminist have, just as they did in the Clinton administration, so they don't imperil their liberal agenda.

Of course, Obama isn't without his women problems either...
No criticism from women's groups

Where is NOW? Where is the NAACP?

Well, at least Ralph Nader has had enough!

Liberals vow to challenge Obama in Democratic primaries

I still don't know who has been thrown under the bus.. specifically, who has been thrown under the bus?

MannyIsGod
09-21-2011, 10:10 AM
Persistent Complaints of Sexism in Obama White House (http://news.firedoglake.com/2011/09/20/persistent-complaints-of-sexism-in-obama-white-house/)

"Hostile Workplace" Quote Verified on Tape (http://politicalwire.com/archives/2011/09/20/hostile_workplace_quote_verified_on_tape.html)

links in the article

Um, you said the Clinton White House. Why are you now talking about the Obama White House?

So, the feminists threw...
...women under the bus for President William Jefferson Clinton.

So explain to me how they threw women under the bus for Clinton, please.