PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Sheen Roast

JudynTX
09-20-2011, 07:45 AM
:lmao Did anyone watch Charlie Sheen's Roast last night? The funniest stuff I've heard in a long time. Steve-O wanted to get his nose broken by Mike Tyson. :lol This was attempt #2. lol @ Shatner's response!

eVIlM7Pwabo

JudynTX
09-20-2011, 07:50 AM
MqV6a55tz0Q

Viva Las Espuelas
09-20-2011, 08:01 AM
Yeah. I can't believe he still does that sober. The look on shatner's face was priceless. I dug the 'beetus jokes from Jennifer :D

BlackSwordsMan
09-20-2011, 08:07 AM
Patrice was the shit.

JudynTX
09-20-2011, 08:16 AM
Yeah. I can't believe he still does that sober. The look on shatner's face was priceless. I dug the 'beetus jokes from Jennifer :D

:lol I don't know why I want to call her Jennifer. Who is that skank anyway?

JoeChalupa
09-20-2011, 08:51 AM

:lmao It was a good roast.

tlongII
09-20-2011, 08:52 AM
That show was hilarious. Shatner must not know what Steve-O does for a living. :lol

mrsmaalox
09-20-2011, 08:52 AM
The parts I saw were not very funny. I really can't stand Charlie Sheen or any of his antics, but he was just a bit too calm and reserved (boring), and it made all the others seem to try too hard. I finally just gave up and turned off the tv, but I think I'll look for highlights online, maybe I can catch the funny parts.

InRareForm
09-20-2011, 09:11 AM
Wasn't that funny. Crowd gave a lot of polite laughs.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-20-2011, 09:30 AM
:lol I don't know why I want to call her Jennifer. Who is that skank anyway?

Apparently she was some loser on a season of last comic standing.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-20-2011, 09:31 AM
Steve-O did not care for that Ryan Dunn joke Jennifer did. I wonder what was edited out.

JudynTX
09-20-2011, 09:39 AM
That show was hilarious. Shatner must not know what Steve-O does for a living. :lol

Shatner plugging Priceline at the end of his skit. :lol

It was an odd batch of people they got to roast Charlie.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-20-2011, 09:45 AM
They were a motley crew. I'd have like The Queen of Mean or Whitney Cummings to be there but it was still good. I thought Tyson was sober :lol

JudynTX
09-20-2011, 09:56 AM
Why was Dog the Bounty Hunter there? :lol

tlongII
09-20-2011, 09:56 AM
I thought it was extremely funny. Of course I love tasteless jokes though.

Leetonidas
09-20-2011, 10:19 AM
It was pretty hilarious. Although Jeff Ross was dressed like a retard and Steve-O kinda sucked and got all butthurt about that Ryan Dunn joke. :lol I'm glad that fat bitch Lampanelli wasn't there, I get tired of seeing the same people at every roast. Shatner was great, though. Too bad Greg Giraldo is dead, this would have been a perfect roast for him.

BlackSwordsMan
09-20-2011, 11:49 AM
Steve-O did not care for that Ryan Dunn joke Jennifer did. I wonder what was edited out.

amy schumer

PakiDan
09-20-2011, 12:02 PM
"This is also a going away party for Patrice's foot!" Hahahahahaha!

ace3g
09-20-2011, 12:09 PM
3. Anthony Jeselnik

“Charlie, the only reason you got on TV in the first place is because God hates Michael J. Fox.”

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-20-2011, 12:41 PM
Jeff Ross was by far the best, just like he is with every other comedy central roast

Viva Las Espuelas
09-20-2011, 12:44 PM
"This is also a going away party for Patrice's foot!" Hahahahahaha!

:lol she had some zingers.

Leetonidas
09-20-2011, 12:56 PM
Tyson was funny but I think it was more because of his girlish voice and the fact that he was obviously shitfaced :lmao

JudynTX
09-20-2011, 01:50 PM
3. Anthony Jeselnik

“Charlie, the only reason you got on TV in the first place is because God hates Michael J. Fox.”

:wow :lol:lol I was like "whoa", low blow.

:tu Slash!!!

BTW.....Charlie Sheen is going to get $100 million from the settlement with Warner Brothers.

mingus
09-20-2011, 01:51 PM
Negatives:

i never heard of O'neal before and i guess i found out why. not funny at all. horrible. he needs to get his jokes from Ross.

Shatner wasn't funny either. he just blabbered on and on and on. and he's so overpublicized now that i'm tired of seen him everywhere.

Stevo was horrible and he's not deserving of being up on that stage. they could've had a better celeb to take shots at.

Kate Walsh from Grey's Anatomy was a random choice. and for whatever reason she just "got" to me. something about her personality. she has a bitchy looking face, basically.

Jesinik isn't funny at all. there are way better comedians out there for his slot.

Positives:

Ross and MacFarlane always are funny as they were this time.

Amy Schumer was hilarious. never heard of her before and i hope she comes back for next one.

Mike Tyson is good fodder.

the roast was bad when you compare it to most of the others. Whitney Cummings is funny they should have her up there.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-20-2011, 02:21 PM
"Macfarlane always funny" :lol this was his second one

Either way, I'm glad you tuned in despite so many negatives :toast

Creepn
09-20-2011, 04:38 PM
That Amy chick was brutal. Seth did pretty good. Overall the roast was meh.

CubanSucks
09-20-2011, 04:55 PM
the ONLY times I felt like I was watching a roast was with Amy Schumer and that Anthony guy. If you thought this roast was hilarious then you must have not seen the ones in the past. Everyone was WAY too reserved except for those 2 I said.

Steveo- way too uncomfortable looking

Tyson- even worse than Steveo

Shatner- probably my third favorite as far as jokes go but like someone said way too slow delivering

Kate Walsh- the token bland celebrity like every roast

Lovitz- wtf...

Jeff Ross- still pretty funny but easily the least funny out of all his past roasts

Patrice- ok, he obviously has never seen past roasts cause the first thing he does is bitch about how brutal everyone was. This is a guy who was on Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn with guys like Nick DiPaolo and Jim Norton. I was surprised to see him lose his cool. Never once made a good joke with a punchline.

ALVAREZ6
09-20-2011, 05:08 PM
I thought it was pretty damn unfunny, overall. Of course there has to be a couple good jokes out of the 300. JudynTX, the Steve-O running into Tyson's fist thing was just retarded, as was his entire part.

Axe Murderer
09-20-2011, 05:38 PM
Jeff Ross is still my favorite (close behind is Jeselnik for now) but he always repeats 2-3 jokes from older roasts

The "Look at all these losers, this isn't a roast it's a _______" joke has been used a million times by him

also he always uses the "Fill in last name of the roastee here's relative wanted to be here but he/she had family obligations" everytime the person is going through family problems.

other than those two he was hilarious as always

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-20-2011, 05:44 PM
Tbh his "this isn't a roast it's a barbeque" thing in your sig was pretty fuckin funny tho :lol

Axe Murderer
09-20-2011, 05:49 PM
Jerry Jones wanted to be here but he had ANYTHING better to do

timtonymanu
09-20-2011, 07:25 PM
The roast was mediocre. It just wasn't the same without Lisa and Whitney there.

Sucks Giraldo is dead. I loved the 1-2-3 punch from him, Ross, and Lisa.

CubanSucks
09-21-2011, 01:11 AM
I can't believe people think Jeff Ross was good in this one. He's probably my favorite roaster after Nick DiPaolo but this time he was just too PG-13. Honestly, I don't think they've had a great roast since Larry the Cable Guy.

Best roast I still think goes to Jeff Foxworthy. Nick DiPaolo, Lisa Lampanelli, Greg Giraldo, Colin Quinn, Denis Leary, Jay Mohr. That's one hell of a lineup. If only Jeff Ross and Jim Norton were there it would've been absolutely perfect

CubanSucks
09-21-2011, 01:27 AM
:lmao just looking up old roast vids with my favorite roasters and came across this. Look who it is sitting behind Simmons when it's just a shot of him..wtf?

a40C194p4iQ

btw, this is the kinda shit I expect in a roast. BRUTALITY GIVEN TO EVERYONE ON THE STAGE!

Monostradamus
09-21-2011, 01:33 AM
Roasts are just about the lowest form of comedy there is, beyond poop and fart jokes. Find an easy target (Sheen, Pam Anderson, Hasselhoff, etc) and vomit out the most obvious jokes possible. Jeff Ross is the only one of those guys I even moderately respect.

Monostradamus
09-21-2011, 01:38 AM
what's sad is that the best insult comic out there is a guy with his hand up a rubber dog puppet's ass.

mavsfan1000
09-21-2011, 05:59 AM
Amy Schumer was fucking hilarious.

CubanSucks
09-21-2011, 02:34 PM
Roasts are just about the lowest form of comedy there is, beyond poop and fart jokes. Find an easy target (Sheen, Pam Anderson, Hasselhoff, etc) and vomit out the most obvious jokes possible. Jeff Ross is the only one of those guys I even moderately respect.

so roasts are pretty much the "lowest form of comedy" yet the only one you respect of the people that participate is a guy who practically ONLY does roasts and is best known for it?

makes sense

Spam
09-21-2011, 02:37 PM
6.5 million watched? Dean Martin knew how to throw a roast.

Monostradamus
09-21-2011, 03:48 PM
so roasts are pretty much the "lowest form of comedy" yet the only one you respect of the people that participate is a guy who practically ONLY does roasts and is best known for it?

makes sense

he's the only one who ever makes those things even remotely entertaining. if he can get me to even crack a smile watching a roast then he's accomplished something.