PDA

View Full Version : Who was the better center - Ewing or The Admiral?

LkrFan
09-21-2011, 02:24 AM
Sorry Spur fans, but I got Ewing in this one. More physical, better back to the basket post game, comparable jumper, great shot blocker, great rebounder, and carried his franchise to the Finals as the man. If not for MJ, he'd have at least two rings.

Tuddy
09-21-2011, 02:45 AM
Ewing Sucked. His only post move was the one handed turnaround jumper and he feasted on beating up less physical bigs. Robinson was more athletic, a better passer and better all around defender. Offensively, he would take any Center in the league off the dribble at will.

mavs>spurs
09-21-2011, 02:52 AM
ewing got his chances when MJ was playing baseball but he failed to make chances pay, dream won both years in MJ's absence including one year where he beat ewing head-to-head in the finals. dream was the better C then both imho

joshdaboss
09-21-2011, 04:18 AM
Trolling. Robinson, obviously.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-21-2011, 06:59 AM
Ewing never chased his teammates around with a bible. Obvious answer tbh.

lefty
09-21-2011, 08:20 AM
Sorry Turd, he couldnt take Hakeem off the dribble. I got Ewing over David and Duncan.
Because Ewing could take Hakeem off the dribble? :lmao

Edit: I just got trolled

BG_Spurs_Fan
09-21-2011, 08:40 AM
lol

stretch
09-21-2011, 09:47 AM
ewing

TDMVPDPOY
09-21-2011, 09:58 AM
i think if you switch rodman for mason/oakley...would both teams wouldve advance pass their nemesis in each conference?

baseline bum
09-21-2011, 10:44 AM
Ewing is maybe the most overrated player of alltime. So Robinson shit the bed vs Hakeem with stats of 23.8 ppg, 44.9 % FG, 11.3 REB, 2.2 BLK, but Ewing didn't with 18.9 ppg, 38.7 % FG, 12.4 REB, 4.3 BLK against the version of the Rockets that was a one man team?

SourCandy
09-21-2011, 10:45 AM
david

baseline bum
09-21-2011, 10:50 AM
Even with Robinson playing the last 7 years of his career with a pretty bad back and taking a strong backseat to Duncan offensively in his last 5, he still has better career averages than Ewing across the board.

ambchang
09-21-2011, 11:43 AM
Ewing got top service at the gold club, and we now know Lkrfan, lakaluva, stretch and DoK evaluates men with the same standards.

stretch
09-21-2011, 11:48 AM
Ewing got top service at the gold club, and we now know Lkrfan, lakaluva, stretch and DoK evaluates men with the same standards.

:lmao

this guy

asshurt much?

Prime KG
09-21-2011, 12:18 PM
Somehow I'm sure my services could be of help to Spurs fans here.

bus driver
09-21-2011, 12:31 PM
not even close ewing; he is the best center all time in the nba

Ed Helicopter Jones
09-21-2011, 12:42 PM
Ewing is maybe the most overrated player of alltime. So Robinson shit the bed vs Hakeem with stats of 23.8 ppg, 44.9 % FG, 11.3 REB, 2.2 BLK, but Ewing didn't with 18.9 ppg, 38.7 % FG, 12.4 REB, 4.3 BLK against the version of the Rockets that was a one man team?

Facts are irrelevant whenever a Laker/MavFan troll is trying to pull Spurs fans into an argument.

djohn2oo8
09-21-2011, 12:54 PM
Even with Robinson playing the last 7 years of his career with a pretty bad back and taking a strong backseat to Duncan offensively in his last 5, he still has better career averages than Ewing across the board.

He did, but not completely dominated like David.

Monostradamus
09-21-2011, 01:27 PM
Facts are irrelevant whenever a Laker/MavFan troll is trying to pull Spurs fans into an argument.

:lmao

Mav Fan trolling fails harder than Dirk attacking an exercise bike! :lmao :lmao :lmao

Magua
09-21-2011, 02:29 PM
Patrick Chewing, easily.

ambchang
09-21-2011, 02:31 PM
:depressed I got reversed troll so I will say you are asshurt to hide my own asshurtness.:(:(:(:(:(

Magua
09-21-2011, 02:32 PM
changing quotes is cool and edgy

jacobdrj
09-21-2011, 02:35 PM
I'd take D-Rob, probably... But I think you would have to build the team differently for either player... Neither should be the primary option on offense. I think you are safer using Ewing as the anchor of a defense (help-side), and D-Rob as the man-on defender from the 5 position.

Koolaid_Man
09-21-2011, 02:55 PM
Sorry Spur fans, but I got Ewing in this one. More physical, better back to the basket post game, comparable jumper, great shot blocker, great rebounder, and carried his franchise to the Finals as the man. If not for MJ, he'd have at least two rings.

Since I hate disagreeing with Laker fan. I will agree with you. :lol

Seriously...I hated Ewing with a passion. I mean with a Passion. He was a loser..I mean a Loser...

In view of the foregoing, I might be inclined to take Ewing since I'm not convinced that Robinson will fight back if punched in the face....:lmao

cantthinkofanything
09-21-2011, 02:56 PM
Ewing is maybe the most overrated player of alltime.

But he does help make the case for evolutionists.

http://www.seaworld.org/animal-info/info-books/gorilla/images/pic-gorilla-translated.jpg

http://www.jlcauvin.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/alg_patrick_ewing.jpg

More research needed

http://www.jasonhopescience.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/charles-darwin.jpg

I mean, there's still some more work to be done...

Bill_Brasky
09-21-2011, 03:04 PM

Seriously...I hated Ewing with a passion. I mean with a Passion. He was a loser..I mean a Loser...

In view of the foregoing, I might be inclined to take Ewing since I'm not convinced that Robinson will fight back if punched in the face....:lmao

at 7'1, I doubt anybody that posts here could even reach the dude's face.

stretch
09-21-2011, 03:54 PM
lol ambchang

ambchang
09-21-2011, 04:37 PM
I love to show the world how incredibly butthurt I am over another poster I have never met in my life. I have daddy issues.

LkrFan
09-21-2011, 04:39 PM

Nah bruh, Ewing was a warrior battling the likes of the Bad Boys. The entire EC was was brutal. Yet Ewing still stood tall and was a defensive force on those hard nosed Knicks teams. I'm not gonna hold it against him that he couldn't get past MJ. I'm also giving him a pass against Dream (who also thumped Robinson during Robinson's MVP year).

The Admiral would have wilted back then if he were in the EC. I remember the Mailman delivering a well timed elbow to him and he was out like 3 strikes. It was lights out. He wouldn't have done that to Ewing. ;)

Koolaid_Man
09-21-2011, 04:50 PM
at 7'1, I doubt anybody that posts here could even reach the dude's face.

Speak for your gotdam self. I have 3 levels of cum..1st level of cum shoots within a 2 foot range. That's usually when I'm busting nuts slowly....skinny taller chics that run 12 inches deep and bigger boned chics that can run up to 24 inches deep and 12 inches wide with big ole fat ass pussies if you know what I mean.

2nd level of cum I shoot is for chics that like to trick fuck. Usually within a 5 foot range when I shoot my load across the room and onto their face...down the chin and into the cereal bowel. lol

And finally 3rd level cum where I skeet up to 7 feet right in the face if giants....

z0sa
09-21-2011, 04:53 PM
koolaid fucks giant men.

Koolaid_Man
09-21-2011, 04:54 PM
Nah bruh, Ewing was a warrior battling the likes of the Bad Boys. The entire EC was was brutal. Yet Ewing still stood tall and was a defensive force on those hard nosed Knicks teams. I'm not gonna hold it against him that he couldn't get past MJ. I'm also giving him a pass against Dream (who also thumped Robinson during Robinson's MVP year).

The Admiral would have wilted back then if he were in the EC. I remember the Mailman delivering a well timed elbow to him and he was out like 3 strikes. It was lights out. He wouldn't have done that to Ewing. ;)

I'm not going to argue in favor of a Spur so you win...:lol

Look for my post titled Busting A Few Shots At Luva. It has the vid of Malone knocking David out.

stretch
09-21-2011, 05:00 PM
lol ambchang

midnightpulp
09-21-2011, 05:31 PM
Ewing blows. The Karl Malone of NBA Centers. In his 1994 NBA Finals run, he shot a scintillating 43% from the field and played even worse against the Dream than Robinson. David Robinson is better than Ewing in virtually every facet of the game besides scowling. Furthermore, anyone who watched the NBA back then knows that Ewing was usually considered the 4th best center in the league, behind Dream, Admiral, and Shaq.

I'm no Robinson apologist, even though he is one of my top 5 favorite players of all time, his playoff mishaps are inexcusable, but if there's one marquee big man who can match him in that regard, it's Patrick Ewing.

LkrFan
09-21-2011, 05:49 PM
Ewing blows. The Karl Malone of NBA Centers. In his 1994 NBA Finals run, he shot a scintillating 43% from the field and played even worse against the Dream than Robinson. David Robinson is better than Ewing in virtually every facet of the game besides scowling. Furthermore, anyone who watched the NBA back then knows that Ewing was usually considered the 4th best center in the league, behind Dream, Admiral, and Shaq.
Dream swept Shaq in the Finals. Does Shaq blow too? :lol Dream along with Thorpe is the reason why Ewing shot so poorly. Thorpe was what 6'10? It seems you have a bad memory but I don't. The only facet that Robinson blows Ewing away in is Bronze Medal count. :lol Although primarily a defensive force since his G'town days, he became a very respectable offensive player. I believe the difference between the two in playoff scoring is like 0.8 ppg - big difference there. Rebounding? Forgetaboutit - Ewing hands down. I'll give David the edge in blocking though.

I'm no Robinson apologist, even though he is one of my top 5 favorite players of all time, his playoff mishaps are inexcusable, but if there's one marquee big man who can match him in that regard, it's Patrick Ewing.

Really midnight? :lol

So considering that David needed Duncan to rang, never lead the Spurs to the big dance as the man (despite having HCA in WC a few times), and Ewing never won Bronze, Edge: Ewing.

Matter of fact, there should be a rule that any NBA champion that wins a Bronze medal in the Olympics, one or two** of their NBA titles should be rescinded. So here it is:

Kobe: 5
TD: 2
Robinson: 1
Wade: 0

** Two title deduction for TD for being the FIRST HOFer to lead American Basketball to Bronze. What a sad sad day in America. I need to look that date up so that I can put my U.S. Flag at half-mast in memory of that fateless day. :depressed

LkrFan
09-21-2011, 05:55 PM
I'm not going to argue in favor of a Spur so you win...:lol

Look for my post titled Busting A Few Shots At Luva. It has the vid of Malone knocking David out.

:lol

midnightpulp
09-21-2011, 06:00 PM
Dream swept Shaq in the Finals. Does Shaq blow too? :lol Dream along with Thorpe is the reason why Ewing shot so poorly. Thorpe was what 6'10? It seems you have a bad memory but I don't. The only facet that Robinson blows Ewing away in is Bronze Medal count. :lol Although primarily a defensive force since his G'town days, he became a very respectable offensive player. I believe the difference between the two in playoff scoring is like 0.8 ppg - big difference there. Rebounding? Forgetaboutit - Ewing hands down. I'll give David the edge in blocking though.

Really midnight? :lol

So considering that David needed Duncan to rang, never lead the Spurs to the big dance as the man (despite having HCA in WC a few times), and Ewing never won Bronze, Edge: Ewing.

Matter of fact, there should be a rule that any NBA champion that wins a Bronze medal in the Olympics, one or two** of their NBA titles should be rescinded. So here it is:

Kobe: 5
TD: 2
Robinson: 1
Wade: 0

** Two title deduction for TD for being the FIRST HOFer to lead American Basketball to Bronze. What a sad sad day in America. I need to look that date up so that I can put my U.S. Flag at half-mast in memory of that fateless day. :depressed

Shaq actually had a strong series, whereas Ewing sucked more than Kobe against Angola. And lol at trying to excuse Ewing's shitty performance by invoking Otis Thorpe.

And "rebounding foretaboutit?" Yeah, Ewing was such a far superior rebounder that he averaged a whopping one less rebound over his career and only broke 12rpg once, while David broke the 12 mark four different times.

David Robinson does everything better than Ewing, and there's not a stat or game performance that suggests otherwise.

Ewing blows.

LkrFan
09-21-2011, 06:09 PM
Shaq actually had a strong series, whereas Ewing sucked more than Kobe against Angola. And lol at trying to excuse Ewing's shitty performance by invoking Otis Thorpe.

And "rebounding foretaboutit?" Yeah, Ewing was such a far superior rebounder that he averaged a whopping one less rebound over his career and only broke 12rpg once, while David broke the 12 mark four different times.

David Robinson does everything better than Ewing, and there's not a stat or game performance that suggests otherwise.

Ewing blows.

http://a.espncdn.com/media/oly/2004/0828/photo/oly_mens_hi.jpghttp://www.usabasketball.com/photos/picture_body_1066.jpg

I spy with my little eye 3 Spurs with Bronze medals. :downspin:

midnightpulp
09-21-2011, 06:15 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/media/oly/2004/0828/photo/oly_mens_hi.jpghttp://www.usabasketball.com/photos/picture_body_1066.jpg

I spy with my little eye 3 Spurs with Bronze medals. :downspin:

Ewing blows.

LkrFan
09-21-2011, 06:21 PM
Ewing blows.

First Gold as an amateur in '84:

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0804/nba.patrick.ewing/images/ewing-1984-olympics.jpg

Second Gold as a pro:

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0804/nba.patrick.ewing/images/ewing-1992-dream-team.jpg

Where is Robinson in this pic? Was he not good enough to start over Patrick Ewing? :lol

midnightpulp
09-21-2011, 06:28 PM

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0804/nba.patrick.ewing/images/ewing-1984-olympics.jpg

Second Gold as a pro:

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0804/nba.patrick.ewing/images/ewing-1992-dream-team.jpg

Where is Robinson in this pic? Was he not good enough to start over Patrick Ewing? :lol

Lol Olympics.

Want me to post their Olympic stats so we can compare? Lol at exalting Ewing's '84 Gold when that was the year the Russians boycotted and he was like the 4th best player on the team behind Jordan, Mullin, and, and, wait for it, Steve Alford :lol.

Ewing blows.

LkrFan
09-21-2011, 06:34 PM
Lol Olympics.

Want me to post their Olympic stats so we can compare? Lol at exalting Ewing's '84 Gold when that was the year the Russians boycotted and he was like the 4th best player on the team behind Jordan, Mullin, and, and, wait for it, Steve Alford :lol.

Ewing blows.

Be my guest. While you are looking for stats, try these on for size:

Olympic Gold:

Ewing: 2 for 2
Robinson: 1* for 2

By the way, Steve Alford, is that you? What are you doing these days? :lol

*Did a solid job backing up Ewing. :downspin:

midnightpulp
09-21-2011, 06:41 PM
Be my guest. While you are looking for stats, try these on for size:

Olympic Gold:

Ewing: 2 for 2
Robinson: 1* for 2

By the way, Steve Alford, is that you? What are you doing these days? :lol

*Did a solid job backing up Ewing. :downspin:

If you weren't retarded and knew how to use the Internet, you'd discover they started the same amount of games.

Lol 4th option behind Steve Alford.

And lol at not knowing your basketball history by saying Robinson is 1 for 2.

You're either extremely stupid or you're trolling. But given the fact being a grunt in the Army (or a jarhead in the Corps) was the only valid career option for you, I'm going with the former.

Ewing blows.

Leetonidas
09-21-2011, 06:44 PM
*******!!!! asterisks asterisks asterisks!!!! :downspin::downspin: :lol:lol :downspin: :downspin: :lmao:lmao ****!!!

LkrFan
09-21-2011, 07:05 PM
If you weren't retarded and knew how to use the Internet, you'd discover they started the same amount of games.

Lol 4th option behind Steve Alford.

And lol at not knowing your basketball history by saying Robinson is 1 for 2.

You're either extremely stupid or you're trolling. But given the fact being a grunt in the Army (or a jarhead in the Corps) was the only valid career option for you, I'm going with the former.

Ewing blows.

Grunt in the Army :lol. I wouldn't joint the Army at gun point. :lol

I know that all of the players rotated starting. Don't be a midget (aka idiot). When they played game 1, I'm certain that the starting center was Ewing and not Robinson.

For the mentally challenged, 1 for 2 means, he had two chances to Gold and only came away with 1 gold medal.

Now did Robinson win a bronze medal as an amateur or not? I heard he did. Don't make me go to Google. :downspin:

midnightpulp
09-21-2011, 07:12 PM
Grunt in the Army :lol. I wouldn't joint the Army at gun point. :lol

Did Robinson win a bronze medal as an amateur or not? I heard he did.

Yes. But he also won a gold in '96 as the team's second best player, and that was with Shaq and Dream (who was terrible, like Kobe vs. Angola bad) on the roster.

So he's 2 for 3, and Ewing is 2 for 2*

Ewing blows.

*Russia and many of the Eastern Bloc countries didn't participate in the 1984 Olympics, allowing the United States a much easier path to the gold. Also worth mentioning is the much hyped Georgetown star, Patrick Ewing, was outplayed by Steve Alford.

Koolaid_Man
09-21-2011, 07:19 PM
Yes. But he also won a gold in '96 as the team's second best player, and that was with Shaq and Dream (who was terrible, like Kobe vs. Angola bad) on the roster.

So he's 2 for 3, and Ewing is 2 for 2*

Ewing blows.

*Russia and many of the Eastern Bloc countries didn't participate in the 1984 Olympics, allowing the United States a much easier path to the gold. Also worth mentioning is the much hyped Georgetown star, Patrick Ewing, was outplayed by Steve Alford.

Hey midget...I don't even have to get my hands dirty and you still get owned....:lmao

dbreiden83080
09-21-2011, 07:25 PM
Ewing Sucked. His only post move was the one handed turnaround jumper and he feasted on beating up less physical bigs. Robinson was more athletic, a better passer and better all around defender. Offensively, he would take any Center in the league off the dribble at will.

Ewing Sucked.. His Knicks pushed Jordan's Bulls to 6 and 7 games and easily would have been in the finals 2 or 3 times if not for the bulls in the 90's.. This while playing with the likes of Starks, Oakley and Mason.. Good hard nosed gritty players but hardly stars. Ewing never once played with even a consistant all star and his teams were title contenders for much of the 90's.. Ewing was also a warrior who played through tremendous pain and injuries constantly..

dbreiden83080
09-21-2011, 07:36 PM

Over-rated WTF? He is way under-rated. When do you ever hear his name in the conversation of top players ever? He was one of the best of his era who's legacy people largely associate with choking in the big moment. I live in NY and can tell you no athlete was ever more disrespected or underappreciated more by the fans than Ewing in NY. He was seen as the savior of the Knicks and they all demanded a championship. Ewing and D-Rob is kind of a pick em since Robinson needed Duncan to get those rings. Robinson was more talented but he never got his Spurs close to a title even once. You can favor Robinson slightly and that's fine but it's not by a huge gap.. Robinsons career would be exactly like Ewings if not for Duncan. They would both be franchise players who put up consistant numbers and never won a ring.. And Hakeem shits on both Ewing and Robinson, neither are in his league..

dbreiden83080
09-21-2011, 07:38 PM
Put it this way if you put D-Rob on Ewings teams with Starks, Oakley, Mason and the gang are they beating MJ's bulls and going all the way??

I highly doubt it..

Magua
09-21-2011, 07:51 PM
Put it this way if you put D-Rob on Ewings teams with Starks, Oakley, Mason and the gang are they beating MJ's bulls and going all the way??

I highly doubt it..

lol mmgay

Magua
09-21-2011, 07:53 PM
Patrick Chewing never went holy man on his teammates so that alone gives him the edge

dbreiden83080
09-21-2011, 07:55 PM

Second Gold as a pro:

Ewing playing in NY made him the bigger star..

midnightpulp
09-21-2011, 08:18 PM
:cry the media hates San Antonio :cry :cry :cry

Yeah, the MMA fan's comment is a little off base. Growing up during that time, I have to say David Robinson was the more popular player, despite Ewing playing in a much larger television market. David simply had more charisma than the stoic Ewing. I never remember seeing Ewing in any commercials, while Robinson had the whole "Mr. Robinson's Neighborhood' thing going.

dbreiden83080
09-22-2011, 03:32 PM
Yeah, the MMA fan's comment is a little off base. Growing up during that time, I have to say David Robinson was the more popular player, despite Ewing playing in a much larger television market. David simply had more charisma than the stoic Ewing. I never remember seeing Ewing in any commercials, while Robinson had the whole "Mr. Robinson's Neighborhood' thing going.

Ewing played in NY most of his career and was at the center of massive high profile rivalries on the east coast with the Bulls and Pacers.. You remember when Knicks/Bulls was a Christmas day event on NBC year after year?

cantthinkofanything
09-22-2011, 03:51 PM
oq3nvSyuWEg

dunkman
09-22-2011, 06:24 PM
Robinson was better center than Ewing, it's not really close. But have to say Hakeem was better than both, Robinson and Ewing.

dbreiden83080
09-22-2011, 07:35 PM
Robinson was better center than Ewing, it's not really close. But have to say Hakeem was better than both, Robinson and Ewing.

How was it not close?? I think David was more talented however..

Career Stats are about even, neither won a ring as the man on their team. Ewing faced the vastly superior competition in his career with a decent but unspectacular supporting cast.. Having Prime Jordan in your conference was no fun for anyone but him in the 90's.. Ewing's Knicks were consistant title contenders for much of the 90's. It's definately close..

dunkman
10-01-2011, 08:41 AM
How was it not close?? I think David was more talented however..

Career Stats are about even, neither won a ring as the man on their team. Ewing faced the vastly superior competition in his career with a decent but unspectacular supporting cast.. Having Prime Jordan in your conference was no fun for anyone but him in the 90's.. Ewing's Knicks were consistant title contenders for much of the 90's. It's definately close..

Ewing was never top 3 in MVP balloting. It's a paradox that he Knicks were sometimes better when he wasn't playing. He made the all-NBA first team once and all-defensive three times.

On the other hand, Robinson won the MVP once, was second two times and third another two times. When he injured his back, his role changed to a more defensive one and he was able to contribute in this way to two championships. In addition, Robinson was DPOY and ROY. Robinson made the all-NBA first team five times, the all-defensive team eight times.

Robinson was also NBA best in scoring, rebounding and blocked shots averages at some point. He was also top in total scoring (once), rebounding (twice) and blocks (twice). Ewing never led the NBA in those categories.

The Knicks had 5 time champion, with two completely different teams, head coach during the 90's.

Robinson had Lucas and Hill during mid 90's neither good on defense. Larry Brown made deep playoffs runs, but it too early in Robinson's career. Pop arrived too late, but Robinson won 2 championships. While Duncan was the best Spurs player in both of those teams, in the first run Robinson was very important.

LkrFan
10-01-2011, 04:59 PM
dunkman MVP is a media award. You really using that as your argument? Makes it weaker IMO.

NewcastleKEG
10-01-2011, 05:11 PM
It's not even close

Robinson vs KG is a better discussion

mavs>spurs
10-01-2011, 05:46 PM
Due to ambwang's odd obsession with gorillas I'm shocked that he didn't choose Ewing tbh.

Killakobe81
10-02-2011, 01:01 AM
Ewing Sucked.. His Knicks pushed Jordan's Bulls to 6 and 7 games and easily would have been in the finals 2 or 3 times if not for the bulls in the 90's.. This while playing with the likes of Starks, Oakley and Mason.. Good hard nosed gritty players but hardly stars. Ewing never once played with even a consistant all star and his teams were title contenders for much of the 90's.. Ewing was also a warrior who played through tremendous pain and injuries constantly..

All of this. Ewing was a warrior. But for me, Im just surprised he was never the defensive terror he was a Gtown in the NBA. He got better offensively but David was the better defender. Not that Ewing was not good on d, he was.

Roger Freemason Jr.
10-03-2011, 02:10 AM
:rollin

which asshole said they'd take Ewing over Duncan?

dunkman
10-03-2011, 09:33 AM
dunkman MVP is a media award. You really using that as your argument? Makes it weaker IMO.

Well it's sport media and it's usually right on the spot. The MVP award makes a player first ballot HOF-er.

The problem with Shaq as the Laker, was that he missed games. As a Heat player he wasn't the best player of the team.

Duncan got his minutes managed since some point and the offense become shared with Manu and Parker, so other players become statistically better. He stayed at 2.

Kobe wasn't the best Lakers player early, after that until Gasol arrived the Lakers sucked as team, so he couldn't qualify. And then LeBron became better. So he won it once.

Nash transformed the Suns, I think his MVP's were mostly deserved, considering every assist for 2 or 3 points, and how difficult was to take down that team in the playoffs.

Dirk was deserving too, the year he won it.

Out of recent MVP's, AI was questionable, Duncan got robbed that season.

Leetonidas
10-03-2011, 04:27 PM

Considering the best players of all-time have a/multple MVP award(s), it is important. Looking at the top 10 players of all-time (on most people's lists):

Jordan
Russel
Chamberlain
Kareem
Magic
Bird
Duncan
Olajuwon
Shaq
Kobe

All of these players have won the MVP award and all but 3 of them have won it more than once. So winning an MVP is a big deal.

Giuseppe
10-03-2011, 06:07 PM
winning an MVP is a big deal.

It's a political event.

I wouldn't hit a dog in the ass with it.