PDA

View Full Version : Perry comes out swinging.

Yonivore
09-21-2011, 11:12 PM
8EL5Atp_vF0

George Gervin's Afro
09-21-2011, 11:17 PM
A perry nomination ensures an obama second term

Yonivore
09-21-2011, 11:18 PM
A perry nomination ensures an obama second term
Nothing ensures an Obama second term.

George Gervin's Afro
09-21-2011, 11:19 PM

perry does

ElNono
09-21-2011, 11:36 PM
In the next debate they should play this video every time he's asked a question and keep his mouth shut.

Q: Are you going to do away with Social Security?

8EL5Atp_vF0

Q: How much federal aid you used to patch up the Texas budget?

8EL5Atp_vF0

Q: Didn't you rent a mansion for $600K when you had a $11B budget shortfall?

8EL5Atp_vF0

Crookshanks
09-21-2011, 11:47 PM

Heck, even Sarah Palin has pulled to within 5 points of Obama. :lol

ElNono
09-22-2011, 12:03 AM
She should run

baseline bum
09-22-2011, 12:09 AM
LOL @ Perry continuing the Washington trend of blowing smoke up voters' asses and telling them the nation's best days aren't long gone.

Vici
09-22-2011, 12:56 AM
LOL man I hope he runs. If he's the guy all Obama has to say is "He wants to get rid of social security". Just repeat that over and over and it's in the bag. Easiest election ever.

boutons_deux
09-22-2011, 07:14 AM
Barry won't win a 2nd term, Jimmy Ricky or Willard will lose their first term.

Nbadan
09-22-2011, 09:32 PM
Oh happy day....Perry is just months away from becoming John Kerry...

More swinging from Perry..

Today Governor Perry called upon the voters of Texas who supported his agenda of less spending and small government to help achieve this goal by voluntarily resigning from public service. "I am calling on voters who put the Republican party in control over the last 10 years to leave their state funded job and transition into the private sector." said Perry at a press conference.

link (http://bayareahouston.blogspot.com/2011/01/texas-gov-ask-republican-voters-to-quit.html)

hitmanyr2k
09-22-2011, 09:46 PM
8EL5Atp_vF0

Tim Pawlenty must have loaned his editor to Perry's camp :lol

YfkNEq1XioE

Looks like a damn trailer for a Michael Bay movie.

LnGrrrR
09-22-2011, 09:47 PM
Today Governor Perry called upon the voters of Texas who supported his agenda of less spending and small government to help achieve this goal by voluntarily resigning from public service. "I am calling on voters who put the Republican party in control over the last 10 years to leave their state funded job and transition into the private sector." said Perry at a press conference.

What? :lol That's retarded.

LnGrrrR
09-22-2011, 09:49 PM

YfkNEq1XioE

Looks like a damn trailer for a Michael Bay movie.

Damn, I'm pumped after watching that. USA! USA! USA!

(lol I started typing halfway through the video, and was typing the above a moment before I actually heard it. Priceless)

LnGrrrR
09-22-2011, 09:50 PM
America is the "last great hope for mankind"?

At least he's modest...

Yonivore
09-22-2011, 09:57 PM
I think I heard yesterday that it is the same guy. Pawlenty threw his support to Romney but, this guy went with Perry.

Yonivore
09-22-2011, 09:57 PM
America is the "last great hope for mankind"?

At least he's modest...
We need a President that believes in American exceptionalism again.

Nbadan
09-22-2011, 10:09 PM
This is the kind of exceptionalism Yoni likes..

Earlier this week, Texas Gov. Rick Perry announced his leadership team for the "Presidency 5" straw poll in Florida, scheduled for October. Although most of the other major candidates have decided to skip the event, Perry is hoping a strong showing there will give him a boost ahead of the state's important early primary. So what's his strategy for voter outreach? It looks a lot like The Response, the prayer and fasting festival he organized in August at a football stadium in Houston.

Take, for instance, his new co-chair: Pam Olsen, founder of the Tallahassee House of Prayer (dubbed the "prayer lady" in her home state for reasons that should be self-evident) and a leading anti-abortion activist in the state. As Right Wing Watch notes, though, Olsen also believes that gay marriage, and its increasing acceptance among American Christians, is causing destructive natural disasters across the country. Here's what she said back in July:

God is shaking. If anybody looks at the news and has just seen what's been happening recently with the floods, the fires, the tornadoes, God is shaking. Yeah I think you have God shaking, sure you have the Enemy shaking, you have both and I don't want to say oh that's the judgment of God or that's the Enemy. But the reality is God is judging us, and I think it's going to get worse.

It's somewhat unclear why Texas, whose governor supports criminalizing gay sex, would be punished with raging wildfires for having too high a tolerance for gay rights. But Olsen's view is wholly consistent with Perry's other allies on the religious right. The Response, you'll recall, featured a number of controversial pastors who believed that, among other things, 9/11 was God's way of punishing America for tolerating homosexuality and the blackbirds that died suddenly in Arkansas last winter were a harbinger of the End Times.

The GOP is the party of nuts....

SnakeBoy
09-22-2011, 10:57 PM
Well Perry didn't do much swinging in tonight's debate. I thought it was his worst performance yet. His attempts at swinging at Romney were pathetic, suprising since Perry has never had a problem being a dick before. And he was unable to defend himself against even the dumb attacks like he's weak on immigration because he doesn't want to spend 10's of billions on an ineffective border fence.

I think Romney will be back to front runner status very soon.

George Gervin's Afro
09-23-2011, 07:56 AM
Well Perry didn't do much swinging in tonight's debate. I thought it was his worst performance yet. His attempts at swinging at Romney were pathetic, suprising since Perry has never had a problem being a dick before. And he was unable to defend himself against even the dumb attacks like he's weak on immigration because he doesn't want to spend 10's of billions on an ineffective border fence.

Perry is the perfect candidate for the mindless one's in Texas.. anyone with an ounce of critical thinking skills can see this dude ain't so bright. his stupid one liners play well to his base in Texas but to everyone else he looks like a dufus..

Viva Las Espuelas
09-23-2011, 08:12 AM
LOL @ Perry continuing the Washington trend of blowing smoke up voters' asses and telling them the nation's best days aren't long gone.

Hmmm. Same could be said about Obama but I don't find it "LOL" worthy.........

Viva Las Espuelas
09-23-2011, 08:14 AM
So are Dems putting all their eggs in one basket with Obama? Seriously? Is anyone gonna challenge him within his party?

George Gervin's Afro
09-23-2011, 08:17 AM

well he was a yell leader so maybe he could get out and do a few cheers for America..

what is your definition of American exceptionalism..anyone?

CosmicCowboy
09-23-2011, 08:29 AM

I agree. Bad showing last night by Perry. His constants attacks and barbs against Romney weren't received well at all and looked petulant and contrived. Romney seemed to be the clear winner last night although all but Bachmann held their own pretty well, even the guy from New Mexico. That line about "My neighbors two dogs have created more shovel ready jobs than Obama" brought the house down. Bachmann just needs to quit. She is toast.

boutons_deux
09-23-2011, 08:30 AM
Jimmy Ricky's TX miracle is a lie (he's a Repug)

The Texas Population Miracle

This, I think, is the best and clearest account of what’s real and what’s not real about the “Texas miracle” of jobs growth. It compares the Texas unemployment rate to the national unemployment rate, and the Texas population growth rate to the national population growth rate

relatively cheap housing. This is to Texas’ credit. National living standards would be higher if the Los Angeles, San Jose, San Francisco, Seattle, and Portland MSAs along with the whole Acela corridor from Boston to Washington would adopt more robust Texas-style policies to increase the housing stock. But this doesn’t relate to the recession, and Perry is weirdly reluctant to tout one of the best aspects of Texas public policy.

http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/fredgraph11.png

And TX mortgage regulations (fncking govt again!) protected TX from the worst of the housing bubble.

boutons_deux
09-23-2011, 08:32 AM
Rick Perry: People Come To Texas For The Health Care

The fact of the matter is, Texas has has 16 Medicaid waivers, on par with other states its size and just last week received a thumbs up from the Obama administration “on a proposed overhaul of the Texas Medicaid program.” If the federal government grants its final approval, it will be Texas’ 17th Medicaid waiver. So the problem Texas faces isn’t one of flexibility — it’s the state’s unwillingness to expand its Medicaid program — despite escalating demand — the proliferation of low-income jobs and a relatively small rate of employer-based health care options — and a fairly high immigrant population. Meanwhile, eligibility rates remain narrow and Perry continues to undercut provider reimbursements, creating mass doctor shortages.

But of course, if Perry believes that the existing Medicaid program is hurting the state, he should be offering alternatives — something he has yet to do as a presidential candidate or governor. The fact of the matter is, for all the GOP’s talk of states as “laboratories of democracy” and innovation,

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2011/09/23/326946/rick-perry-people-come-to-texas-for-the-health-care/

ManuBalboa
09-23-2011, 09:32 AM
Rick Perry blows. He is nothing but empty cliches. lol america

ManuBalboa
09-23-2011, 09:33 AM
well he was a yell leader so maybe he could get out and do a few cheers for America..

what is your definition of American exceptionalism..anyone?

That's all Obama was good at and it has already run its course :/

CubanMustGo
09-23-2011, 09:44 AM
Oh happy day....Perry is just months away from becoming John Kerry...

More swinging from Perry..

link (http://bayareahouston.blogspot.com/2011/01/texas-gov-ask-republican-voters-to-quit.html)

This is tagged as humor and satire, btw.

Nbadan
09-24-2011, 12:24 AM
Rick Perry debate highlights

S_9WxAEGY8c

hitmanyr2k
09-24-2011, 01:05 AM
Rick Perry debate highlights

S_9WxAEGY8c

I can picture Perry's campaign handlers backstage just staring with their mouths open in disbelief that their candidate can flub even the most "GED" parts of a debate.

He should have just stopped at "Was it before he was before?" and gathered his thoughts but he just went downhill from there :lol

LnGrrrR
09-24-2011, 01:20 AM

I believe America is exceptional. But I don't think that we are the "best hope for mankind", because that implies humanity is on the brink or something.

TE
09-24-2011, 01:24 AM
I'm embarrassed to be regarded as a human with a person like Rick Perry.

mingus
09-24-2011, 01:45 AM
I saw Perry failing from a mile away. Can't win only on looks and charisma. There's a reason he never enters these debates.

baseline bum
09-24-2011, 03:48 AM
I saw Perry failing from a mile away. Can't win only on looks and charisma. There's a reason he never enters these debates.

Yeah you can, but Goodhair only has the first half.

Yonivore
09-24-2011, 05:52 AM
Can't win only on looks and charisma.
You can win on even less. Just ask Barack Obama.

ChumpDumper
09-24-2011, 05:55 AM
We need a President that believes in American exceptionalism again.God damn you're stupid.

boutons_deux
09-24-2011, 10:22 AM
American exceptionalism is fundamentally what's wrong with America and therefor what's wrong with the planet. Of course, chauvinst, nativist, racist Yoni is reliably, totally wrong, yet again.

Nbadan
09-25-2011, 12:57 AM
http://0.tqn.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/9/D/4/Perry-No-New-Texans.jpg

Nbadan
09-25-2011, 01:00 AM
http://0.tqn.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/B/E/3/homescholers-for-perry.jpg

mingus
09-25-2011, 01:44 AM
I think Romney picks Cain as VP. If those guys can't shore up unemployment non one can.