PDA

View Full Version : Terra Nova

Huey Freeman
09-23-2011, 07:37 PM
Anyone looking forward to the debut. Looks like a "Land of the Lost" remake to me.

Discuss

Trainwreck2100
09-23-2011, 07:39 PM
i think its a stupid premise. If the dinos get fucked up by a big ass meteor, and they go to a time with said dinos how do they plan on extending the survival of the human race when they will get killed by a huge ass meteor anyway

Huey Freeman
09-23-2011, 07:47 PM
i think its a stupid premise. If the dinos get fucked up by a big ass meteor, and they go to a time with said dinos how do they plan on extending the survival of the human race when they will get killed by a huge ass meteor anyway

Very good point
When the show first started advertising I thought they were being transported to another planet or something. Like Star-gate or something. When I found out they were encountering dinosaurs my whole mood changed.

ChuckD
09-23-2011, 08:00 PM
Doesn't matter. It could kill, but if it doesn't find it's audience in like 9-10 shows, Fox will cancel it. See: Serenity. I try to not watch anything that isn't a sport or animated on Fox.

Trainwreck2100
09-23-2011, 08:25 PM
not just firefly, but there are plenty of shows that Fox gives the boot even though they are good. The latest was the good guys.

DMC
09-23-2011, 08:58 PM
I hate dino movies.

AussieFanKurt
09-25-2011, 06:05 AM
Looks fucking lame.

TDMVPDPOY
09-25-2011, 08:06 AM
if it was like jurassic park when civilization had to be move to the island in costa rico where the diinosaur breeding was...then it makes sense...but going to another planet etc? mankind will never learn from their mistakes and continue to do what they did best, use up the earths resources

ChuckD
09-25-2011, 08:37 AM

They are going 85M years back, 20M years before the Chicxulub meteor fucks things up for everyone. Considering all flavors and varieties of humans have lived and died in like the last 2M years, and our entire technical and industrial base was invented in the last 200, 20M years will be plenty of time to invent the meteor deflection ray, or whatever. We're probably closer to the next big impact than that right now.

rr2418
09-25-2011, 10:06 AM
They are going 85M years back, 20M years before the Chicxulub meteor fucks things up for everyone. Considering all flavors and varieties of humans have lived and died in like the last 2M years, and our entire technical and industrial base was invented in the last 200, 20M years will be plenty of time to invent the meteor deflection ray, or whatever. We're probably closer to the next big impact than that right now.

ChuckD makes a good point and besides people......IT'S JUST A TV SHOW, SO ENJOY IT!!! :D

Trainwreck2100
09-25-2011, 11:39 AM

if they invent a nuclear deflection ray dinos don't die and humanity can't rise be the dominant species

benefactor
09-25-2011, 11:53 AM
Looks fucking lame.

Drachen
09-25-2011, 11:56 AM
if they invent a nuclear deflection ray dinos don't die and humanity can't rise be the dominant species

Ok then, smart guy, they will invent PERSONAL meteor effects deflection rays.

ChuckD
09-25-2011, 12:30 PM

Except they've already changed the time line just by being there. Besides, humanity has shown a sharp proclivity for eliminating other species in our everyday existence. I'm sure if the meteor is deflected, we'll find a way to double tap the dinos anyway. It's not that hard to make an ecosystem collapse. Kind of like playing Jenga. You just keep removing pieces.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-25-2011, 02:10 PM
i doubt it goes to 4 episodes

4>0rings
10-18-2011, 03:07 PM
i doubt it goes to 4 episodes
Wrong and bump

Veterinarian.
10-18-2011, 03:14 PM
As long as bigs don't play a big role then it's aight in my book. Rarely can spooks act.

tlongII
10-18-2011, 04:12 PM
I like it. I've always been a sucker for any show with dinosaurs though.

tlongII
10-18-2011, 04:12 PM
Well....except for Barney.

JoeChalupa
10-18-2011, 04:49 PM
I tried watching the premier yesterday on demand but I fell asleep.

ChuckD
10-19-2011, 07:24 AM
Finally, a plot element develops. The Sixers are The Sixers for a reason: their families are held back in 2146 so that they double tap the Big Boss or they never see them again.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-19-2011, 09:54 AM
I liked the season with Sam Neill as the lead.

Agloco
10-21-2011, 12:13 AM
Except they've already changed the time line just by being there. Besides, humanity has shown a sharp proclivity for eliminating other species in our everyday existence. I'm sure if the meteor is deflected, we'll find a way to double tap the dinos anyway. It's not that hard to make an ecosystem collapse. Kind of like playing Jenga. You just keep removing pieces.

Per Wiki:

At Hope Plaza, a massive ring shaped structure in Chicago, scientists discover a rift in space-time that allows people to travel 85 million years back in time to the late Cretaceous period of a prehistoric Earth, but in an alternative timeline (thus avoiding paradoxes caused by reverse-flow time travel), offering a chance to save humanity.

lefty
10-21-2011, 12:19 AM
Vinny Terranova

Boss