PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Tangerine Dream Albums

mavsfan1000
09-25-2011, 01:03 AM
I thought this band deserved its own thread. They are like the Pink Floyd of Ambient music. Which are your favorite album or albums of Tangerine Dream? For me, it is really close. I really like Tangram, Hyperborea, and Stratosfear. Their earlier stuff like Zeit is more eerie sounding and not as enjoyable to listen to imo though it deserves respect for what they did at that time. Phaedra was their biggest hit. Also what other bands/albums you recommend that have a big influence with their music?

Stringer_Bell
09-26-2011, 12:28 AM
I like the whole Legend soundtrack, not sure if that counts cuz I haven't listened to much else from them.

Isitjustme?
09-26-2011, 01:23 AM
tbh my Dad used to always listen to this and I found out later from my Mom that he was apparently high whenever it was on :lol

I'm surprised their youtube views are so low, not that it matters but I went looking for this song he always used to play on there and those guys were way less popular than I thought.

mfkF0_ZQoRg

mavsfan1000
09-26-2011, 01:36 AM
tbh my Dad used to always listen to this and I found out later from my Mom that he was apparently high whenever it was on :lol

I'm surprised their youtube views are so low, not that it matters but I went looking for this song he always used to play on there and those guys were way less popular than I thought.

mfkF0_ZQoRg
Yeah I would assume they would be amazing to listen to when high. I get high just by listening to them. That song is off of the album Stratosfear. Ambient music or ambient/rock fusion genre isn't that big in general. Kind of underground but I find really enjoyable for relaxation. The ricochet track on youtube got over a million views. Not too bad.

Giuseppe
09-26-2011, 04:36 AM
They did the music for the motion picture "Thief" and it was excellent.

Oh, Gee!!
09-26-2011, 01:27 PM
Risky Business soundtrack