PDA

View Full Version : if piston fan interferes with the game...

violentkitten
06-14-2005, 04:19 PM
...tonight which spur should administer the beatdown?

http://spurs.fc2web.com/img/radoslav_nesterovic.jpg

?

Xolotl
06-14-2005, 04:20 PM
I'd rather PJ lay some punks down with his recently aquired Kung Fu skills. So when he head coaches again he can show them what would happen if they try to step up and choke him.

Summers
06-14-2005, 04:24 PM
Actually, a friend of mine and I were just talking about this. Hypothetically, if the crowd gets out of control, what happens? I know the night of the big brawl, there were only a few seconds left in the game, and it was just called as a win for... uh, can't remember, but they were several points ahead, so it wasn't an issue.

What did the league decide about this in the future? I tried looking it up but couldn't find an answer. Is the game forfeited and rescheduled? Seems like if you really wanted to discourage rioting, you'd call it a win for the opposing team. I know that would keep me in my seat.

Anyone know?

Mijo
06-14-2005, 04:27 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/spurs/carlesimo_bwb_205.jpg

Is P.J. Gonna have to choke a bitch?

Solid D
06-14-2005, 04:28 PM

When the lips turn blue, the meltdowns ensue.

constantstate
06-14-2005, 04:28 PM
two words... sean marks. dude would go crazy kiwi style - and/or - make for a funnier highlight reel.

Summers
06-14-2005, 04:29 PM
two words... sean marks. dude would go crazy kiwi style - and/or - make for a funnier highlight reel.

:lol

violentkitten
06-14-2005, 04:31 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/spurs/carlesimo_bwb_205.jpg

Is P.J. Gonna have to choke a bitch?

:spin

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-14-2005, 04:33 PM
Bowen's got the kung fu skills. Wally could tell you if his jaw wasn't wired shut. Of course, Rasho could surprise you and do like Kareem in that Bruce Lee movie...

Xolotl
06-14-2005, 04:37 PM
Bowen's got the kung fu skills. Wally could tell you if his jaw wasn't wired shut. Of course, Rasho could surprise you and do like Kareem in that Bruce Lee movie...

Rasho cannot in any shape or form have kung fu skills. You need agility to have that.....unless you call dropping into fetal position a kung fu skill.

sa_butta
06-14-2005, 04:43 PM
Will the Ninja (Sean Elliott) be in attendance?

Solid D
06-14-2005, 04:45 PM
"All I'm saying is don't wear your best clothes to the game."

bigbendbruisebrother
06-14-2005, 04:46 PM
I nominate TMass.

SWC Bonfire
06-14-2005, 04:47 PM
"All I'm saying is don't wear your best clothes to the game."

:lol

I knew Pop was keeping him around for some reason!

Xolotl
06-14-2005, 04:47 PM
I nominate TMass.

We want the fans to be stopped, not shot :p

samikeyp
06-14-2005, 04:50 PM
It should be a forfeit and the series automatically moved back to SA.

That being said....I really don't think the players would do anything like that again and I really hope the fans woudn't either. It was just a few losers who spoiled it for everyone last time.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-14-2005, 04:51 PM
They might boo the opposing players, God forbid...

Xolotl
06-14-2005, 04:51 PM
Can somebody post a picture of that fat guy getting punked when he bucked up to O'Neal :lol

samikeyp
06-14-2005, 04:52 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

:p

Xolotl

Cmon DLF you had to have been embarrassed for your team as a fan when that fight occurred against Indy

MiNuS
nothing would funnier than seeing the Spurs get in a brawl with the Piston fans!
Ironic shit!

I can see the belt corrolation now.Piston fans have more huevos now than the team on the floor.

spurs_fan_in_exile
Things will stay calm because the Spurs don't have anyone to start shit with the Pistons. If Jax and Tinsley hadn't tried to pick a fight with half the Pistons bench they could have focused on getting Big Ben off the floor before the "Towel Heard 'Round the World" and the whole thing would have ended before some chucklehead could waste $7 of beer and stain the game for years to come.

06-14-2005, 04:54 PM
Cmon DLF you had to have been embarrassed for your team as a fan when that fight occurred against Indy

I was, but I feel for the fans who did nothing but see a 6'9" 250 lb man charge into the stands. Everyone acts like the people in the stands knew everything those of us at home did.

And why would I be embarassed by the Pistons? They did nothing but act as peacemakers once Artest breached the stands...

Xolotl
06-14-2005, 04:56 PM
Oh yeah that was a sad sight but if some 6'9" dude is coming for me I aint too proud to give him a swift kick to the nuts. Show me on Sportscenter wimping out doing that shit, but show me winning too :lol

MiNuS
06-14-2005, 04:57 PM
question is .... was it beer? was it Heineken?

was it Miller or Bud?

what will it be in case someone does have that "itch to toss" and what Spur
would be more likely to be on the receiving end?

questions that may never be answered........

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-14-2005, 04:58 PM
Nazr gets hit by a beer = fucking PR nightmare.

Xolotl
06-14-2005, 04:59 PM
question is .... was it beer? was it Heineken?

was it Miller or Bud?

what will it be in case someone does have that "itch to toss" and what Spur
would be more likely to be on the receiving end?

questions that may never be answered........

I have a feeling that Manu and Bruce are those players that if they're your opponent you hate them, but love them if they're on your team.

sa_butta
06-14-2005, 04:59 PM
Nazr gets hit by a beer = fucking PR nightmare.what ever you do dont let Holt drink it.:lol

nkdlunch
06-14-2005, 05:01 PM
If manu gets hit w/a plastic cup, he should flop to the point of knocking himself unconcious. The Palace will then be closed down for good.

MiNuS
06-14-2005, 05:13 PM
naaaaaaa.....the way things are going right now they would first hug the Spurs before tossing any drinks on them. Right now what's doing the Pistons in is all the LOVE fest that's going on. They can't HATE the Spurs because Pop has Larry melting in his hands.
The Pistons THRIVE on intimidation and knocking other teams around. Ain't going to happen.

Horry For 3!
06-14-2005, 05:49 PM
Pistons fans are the worst in the NBA. There is always something happening involving an Pistons fan. Making a bomb threat, the brawl at the palace and so on. Idiots!

06-14-2005, 05:50 PM
Pistons fans are the worst in the NBA. There is always something happening involving an Pistons fan. Making a bomb threat, the brawl at the palace and so on. Idiots!

Thanks!! We Pistons fans appreciate it. Keep up the good work!

samikeyp
06-14-2005, 05:54 PM

Dude...you can't blame an entire fan base on the actions of a couple of idiots.

Browns_shadow
06-14-2005, 06:03 PM
Things will stay calm because the Spurs don't have anyone to start shit with the Pistons. If Jax and Tinsley hadn't tried to pick a fight with half the Pistons bench they could have focused on getting Big Ben off the floor before the "Towel Heard 'Round the World" and the whole thing would have ended before some chucklehead could waste $7 of beer and stain the game for years to come.
And if Wallace could take a hard foul........if the officials went after Ben instead of Artest, it never escalates,................... you are delusional.
There have been brawls in the Palace for games 1 and 2 without any opposing players present, WTF?

guaransheed
06-14-2005, 06:07 PM
And if Wallace could take a hard foul........if the officials went after Ben instead of Artest, it never escalates,................... you are delusional.
There have been brawls in the Palace for games 1 and 2 without any opposing players present, WTF?
Ok Detroit takes all this heat yet the Miami fans don't hear any of if, why? Because we were playing a maniac?

06-14-2005, 06:08 PM
Ok Detroit takes all this heat yet the Miami fans don't hear any of if, why? Because we were playing a maniac?

What does Miami Fan have to do with this?

guaransheed
06-14-2005, 06:12 PM
What does Miami Fan have to do with this?
Ben Gordon and Andres Nocioni paced the Bulls with 14 points apiece. But Nocioni almost triggered an incident similar to the fiasco between the Indiana Pacers and the Detroit Pistons earlier this season when he applied a hard foul against Wade with 2:52 left in the game.

Nocioni hacked Wade to stop a shot attempt and then followed through by pushing Wade to the floor. He drew a flagrant foul and a technical foul and Bulls coach Scott Skiles sent him into the locker room apparently for his own good.

Some fans threw drinks at Nocioni. Udonis Haslem was ejected from the game for pushing Nocioni into the crowd in retaliation.
http://www.suntimes.com/output/bulls/cst-spt-bull063.html

geerussell
06-14-2005, 06:13 PM
Since the spurs don't have any bi-polar time bombs aspiring to be the next rodman on their roster the chances of such an incident are vanishingly small.

Browns_shadow
06-14-2005, 06:15 PM
Ben Gordon and Andres Nocioni paced the Bulls with 14 points apiece. But Nocioni almost triggered an incident similar to the fiasco between the Indiana Pacers and the Detroit Pistons earlier this season when he applied a hard foul against Wade with 2:52 left in the game.

Nocioni hacked Wade to stop a shot attempt and then followed through by pushing Wade to the floor. He drew a flagrant foul and a technical foul and Bulls coach Scott Skiles sent him into the locker room apparently for his own good.

Some fans threw drinks at Nocioni. Udonis Haslem was ejected from the game for pushing Nocioni into the crowd in retaliation.
http://www.suntimes.com/output/bulls/cst-spt-bull063.html
And what did Wade do? Did he choke Nocioni? or did he take his free throws without losing his shit.

guaransheed
06-14-2005, 06:18 PM
And what did Wade do? Did he choke Nocioni? or did he take his free throws without losing his shit.
What did Haslem do? Did you even read it? :rolleyes

Browns_shadow
06-14-2005, 06:30 PM
What did Haslem do? Did you even read it? :rolleyes
I recall the game, you summarized it well but, I'll admit I don't think it was relevant what the heat enforcer did (shoving Nocioni out of bounds), but I can say what Ben did was. The difference from what I recall is that Nocioni was very contrite about his actions, as opposed to Artest. But it is apples and oranges, the heat crowd did not get involved, and it was the losing team that made the hard foul, not the winning team.

benjirh
06-14-2005, 06:32 PM
Dude...you can't blame an entire fan base on the actions of a couple of idiots.

No, but you can start to penalize the organization. I like the punishment that the soccer team received. They had a huge fine and even lost home games. That is what all sports should do. If fans threw anything or come onto the floor at any time, that team loses home games. I am positive that it will stop. First of all no one wants to be the reason that your team isn't playing there and second that person will get the crap kicked out of them by all the other fans in the arena.

whottt
06-14-2005, 06:45 PM
If you guys start tossing beers, we start tossing quacamole...you don't want any of that.

BBIAB, I got a sudden urge for a 6 pack and some nachos supreme.

Summers
06-14-2005, 06:47 PM
Nazr gets hit by a beer = fucking PR nightmare.

No, shit, man. I have a feeling Nazr has a wicked temper and would go OFF. :lol

Brodels
06-14-2005, 06:56 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_radoslav_nesterovic.jpg

http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/beno_udrih.jpg

Don't fuck with us.