PDA

View Full Version : help please..landlord wants to evict my dog..

medic1
09-26-2011, 07:49 PM
Okay..so I live in a trailer park..no jokes please..lol..we own the trailer and just pay the lot fee..I have a good dog..a lab mix..we have the yard fenced in but being a big dog he has jumped the fence forcing me to go get him in the park several times..he got out today for 10 minutes and found him around the block..park manager called and told wife..that she has gotten complaints about my dog charging at people and we have to get rid of him..he has not bitten anyone but,according to her she has complaints about him..I understand its my responsibility ..but I can't move and I had this dog for two years since he was a baby.he is like my son...most people here have dogs including this manager who has 3 American bull dogs..brief history on her dogs..my wife boxer got our 2 years ago and was killed by her bulldogs ..one of her dogs got out and bit a kid in the park and she is currently being sued..I think she wants to make an example of my dog..do I have any legal grounds...I feel like I Will lose a kid..and I cannot afford to move..please help..I know you guys know it all..I'm in Victoria Texas is it matters..any questions please ask..thanks in advance spurs family

BlackSwordsMan
09-26-2011, 07:52 PM
Put a muzzle on him? Electric fence? Something so that if he jumps out he can't bite anyone? Put him in the trailer when you leave for work? I dunno what anyone can say.

medic1
09-26-2011, 08:03 PM
Ya bro he stays inside all the time except to go pee and poop and that's when he jumps..I started tying him in side fence..I know o can't prevent future episodes..but wat can I do now

medic1
09-26-2011, 09:06 PM
Come on guys help

BlackSwordsMan
09-26-2011, 09:07 PM
Tell him go home and get his fucking shine box

Bender
09-26-2011, 09:12 PM
when you let him in the yard, take him out on a leash and walk around with him. if he won't go poop on a leash, tie him in the yard for a while, he'll go if he has to.

if he's not fixed, get him fixed. fixed dogs don't roam as much.

Dex
09-26-2011, 09:33 PM
I'm no lawyer, so this is basically shooting from the hip, but...

Does your contract/lease agreement specify that the landlord has the right to evict pets at their discretion, or for such an infraction (Dogs get out of the yard all the time, so I don't think anyone would call that a serious infraction). Is there a stipulation that you must obey all requests by the landlord or that you can be evicted yourself? If not, then I doubt they have much legal grounds to stand on, especially if there haven't been any police reports filed or complaints to Animal Control or similar officials.

Lots of people view pets as family members, and no one should be forced to get rid of a family member over such stupid little mistake like that.

Unless your signed a contract that gives them the right to do so, I would tell your landlord to get those complaints in writing and take it up with the proper authorities.

Dex
09-26-2011, 09:36 PM
On a similar (but slightly less dire) note, I'm supposed to re-sign my lease on my apartment soon, and they decided that they are going to start charging us $10 a month for "Pet Rent".

Seriously. My fucking cat has to pay rent now? As if raping my wallet on the pet deposit wasn't enough?

Lazy ass better get a job.

BRHornet45
09-26-2011, 09:37 PM
and sons this is exactly why I will never fool with residential real estate. commercial is the way to go.

lefty
09-26-2011, 09:45 PM
Evict the landlord

BRHornet45
09-26-2011, 09:47 PM
son tell him if he doesn't find some sort of reasonable/fair solution then you're going to f**k him in his mouth.

CubanSucks
09-26-2011, 10:53 PM
did you have him neudered?

thispego
09-27-2011, 08:59 AM
You are one of us. What trailer park you live in? I will take care of it.

DMC
09-27-2011, 10:07 AM
did you have him neudered?
What's neudered?

DMC
09-27-2011, 10:07 AM
You are one of us. What trailer park you live in? I will take care of it.

Thisputo going to go suck your landlord off.

xellos88330
09-27-2011, 10:42 PM
I have a Pitt Bull, and have had complaints about him getting out of the yard. The fucker would even break choke chains. So what I did was went out to a feed store and bought a pulling harness. He hasn't been able to get out of that thing for a couple months now. Aside from that, I keep him indoors for a majority of the time. I only tie him up when I will be out of the house for a while and noone is home to watch him.

TE
09-28-2011, 01:01 AM
I have a German Shepherd living with me and so far none of the apartment people are giving me shit for it.

Heath Ledger
09-28-2011, 04:46 AM
There is only one solution. Kill your landlord.

Wild Cobra
09-28-2011, 05:20 AM
help please..landlord wants to evict my dog..You know, if it was just a change of policy, I would be on your side. However, if you cannot keep an animal under control that makes people in the neighborhood feel threatened, then I agree with the landlord.

Isn't there any respect for other peoples feeling of safety in you?

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-28-2011, 06:37 AM
Yeah for once I actually agree with WC. I fuckin hate it when I'm walking my dog and have to deal with a loose dog because its retarded irresponsible owner is too stupid to keep it from getting loose. You don't deserve to have a dog if you are so stupid that you can't stop it from repeatedly escaping.

Saved By Zero
09-28-2011, 07:54 AM
Have you called this dude?
http://www.starpulseonline.com/images/celebrity/cesar-millan.jpg