PDA

View Full Version : Maybe he'll listen to...

Yonivore
09-27-2011, 08:17 AM
...one of his supporters.

Class Warfare - Yuck! (http://www.tedstake.com/2011/09/25/class-warfare-yuck/)

I voted for our President. I have maxed out on personal donations to his re-election campaign. I forgot his campaign wants to raise $1 billion. THAT is a lot of money–money–money–money! Money still talks. It blows my mind when I am asked for money as a donation at the same time I am getting blasted as being a bad guy!

Someone needs to talk our President down off of this rhetoric about good vs. evil; about two classes and math.

Our country was founded on the premise of “life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness”. Is anyone happy right now with all of this?

Hit a reset button ASAP.

Rethink how to talk to businesses and sell business leaders on your plan to make America great!

Many of us want to be a part of the solution. We aren’t the problem.

ElNono
09-27-2011, 11:51 AM
I pay taxes. I am willing to pay even more taxes but I would want accountability that the money was being spent wisely on infrastructure investments; education and retraining; and anything that makes us more competitive and gets people working again. That seems fair doesn’t it?

ChumpDumper
09-27-2011, 12:15 PM
Who is Ted Stake?

Yonivore
09-27-2011, 12:23 PM
I pay taxes. I am willing to pay even more taxes but I would want accountability that the money was being spent wisely on infrastructure investments; education and retraining; and anything that makes us more competitive and gets people working again. That seems fair doesn’t it?
Well, he is still a Democrat. But, I'll say the same thing I've said about Buffet and anyone else begging to be taxed more.

Send your checks to:

Gifts to the United States (http://www.fms.treas.gov/faq/moretopics_gifts.html)
U.S. Department of the Treasury
Credit Accounting Branch
3700 East-West Highway, Room 622D
Hyattsville, MD 20782

ElNono
09-27-2011, 12:24 PM
Well, he is still a Democrat. But, I'll say the same thing I've said about Buffet and anyone else begging to be taxed more.

Maybe he will. It's his money after all.

The point is, there's people out there willing to chip in some more, provided there's certain guarantees.

ElNono
09-27-2011, 12:24 PM
Who is Ted Stake?

Owner of Washington Wizards and a few other franchises.

Yonivore
09-27-2011, 12:25 PM

The point is, there's people out there willing to chip in some more.
And, I would support that decision.

ElNono
09-27-2011, 12:27 PM

You wouldn't, because he specifically said "in taxes", not "in gifts".

Since taxes are bracketed, that implies an increase in his tax bracket. I suspect you don't support that.

ChumpDumper
09-27-2011, 12:29 PM
Yoni will protect Ted Stake's money to his death.

Yonivore
09-27-2011, 12:35 PM
You wouldn't, because he specifically said "in taxes", not "in gifts".

Since taxes are bracketed, that implies an increase in his tax bracket. I suspect you don't support that.
I would call it self-taxation. The money goes for the same purposes...government spending.

ElNono
09-27-2011, 12:49 PM
I would call it self-taxation. The money goes for the same purposes...government spending.

There's no such thing as self-taxation. Not paying taxes is punishable by law. If you don't pay your self-tax, you can't take yourself to jail.

So, yeah, you don't agree.

Yonivore
09-27-2011, 12:54 PM
There's no such thing as self-taxation. Not paying taxes is punishable by law. If you don't pay your self-tax, you can't take yourself to jail.

So, yeah, you don't agree.
You're right, I don't agree with raising taxes in response to his invitation to raise his own.

I do agree that he is free to pay more to the federal government, if he wants, and they conveniently provide a mechanism for doing so.

ElNono
09-27-2011, 01:06 PM
You're right, I don't agree with raising taxes in response to his invitation to raise his own.

Didn't think you did. I actually think what he said makes sense, and he's a multi-millionaire, so the whole "class warfare" need not apply on this particular case and context.

MannyIsGod
09-27-2011, 01:08 PM

Is it so hard to merely state this instead of trying to play word games? Yoni, you're usually the dimmer bulb in two way conversations around here so I'm not sure why you try to get by with bullshit that would require the other person be dumber than you.

boutons_deux
09-27-2011, 01:12 PM
Ted sounds like a some kid in early grade school who still believes America is, or was, about Mom, apple pie, and the American flag, American World Champion Number One Exceptionalism. God Loves America more than any other country.

Yonivore
09-27-2011, 01:46 PM
Is it so hard to merely state this instead of trying to play word games? Yoni, you're usually the dimmer bulb in two way conversations around here so I'm not sure why you try to get by with bullshit that would require the other person be dumber than you.
Because, I never said I agreed with his "self-taxation" plan.

What I said was...

...in response to ElNono's post...

The point is, there's people out there willing to chip in some more.
...in response to my suggestion...

But, I'll say the same thing I've said about Buffet and anyone else begging to be taxed more.

Send your checks to:

Gifts to the United States
U.S. Department of the Treasury
Credit Accounting Branch
3700 East-West Highway, Room 622D
Hyattsville, MD 20782
I'm not the one being dense.

ElNono
09-27-2011, 02:46 PM
Because, I never said I agreed with his "self-taxation" plan.

You're dense because there's no such thing as self-taxation, and you know it.

When somebody says they would we willing to pay more in taxes, sending in gifts to the US Treasure isn't the same. It's implicit they mean paying for a tax increase, at the very least, in their bracket.

Yonivore
09-27-2011, 03:01 PM
You're dense because there's no such thing as self-taxation, and you know it.

When somebody says they would we willing to pay more in taxes, sending in gifts to the US Treasure isn't the same. It's implicit they mean paying for a tax increase, at the very least, in their bracket.
My point was, if he wants the government to have more of his money, there's nothing stopping him. There's a mechanism.

If he want's the government to tax him more, I suggest he lobby for a Ted Stake tax bracket.

I used the term "self-taxation" euphemistically, idiot.

ElNono
09-27-2011, 03:04 PM
My point was

You never had a point, idiot.

He doesn't advocate for more taxes, he merely said he would be okay with paying if his taxes go up a bit, with certain conditions.

If you want to be treated like a 6 year old, I'll be happy to oblige.

Yonivore
09-27-2011, 03:10 PM
You never had a point, idiot.
Sure I had a point, you just refuse to acknowledge it.

ElNono
09-27-2011, 03:15 PM
Sure I had a point, you just refuse to acknowledge it.

Taxation is not a gift. You never had a point. Cry me a river.

Yonivore
09-27-2011, 03:22 PM
Taxation is not a gift. You never had a point. Cry me a river.
To where does the gift go?

ElNono
09-27-2011, 03:43 PM
To where does the gift go?

If you don't send the gift, what happens?

Let's go through this like a 6 year old would.

Borat Sagyidev
09-27-2011, 04:42 PM

Yoni is no where near the logic and integrity of a 6 year old. I've shot at Jihadists in Afghanistan with more integrity.

Yonivore
09-27-2011, 04:48 PM

You've obviously gone off on a tangent.

Let's walk back through this for ElNono, since he does not have the ability to follow a thread.

I posted a blog by an Obama supporter that is fed up with Obama's class warfare rhetoric.

As is typical, someone (maybe you) got off topic and pointed out this Democrat would be willing to pay more taxes, himself, if -- and this is an important qualifier, since the point was raise -- there was accountability for how the money is spent. To me, that implies -- actually, it explicitly says, this Democrat would be willing to have his taxes raised if the money were spent right.

Some might argue that if the government spent money appropriately and were held accountable for fraud, waste, and corruption ::cough:: Solyndra ::cough::, there would be no need for higher taxes, at all. But, again, this is all beside the point of the original point of the thread which was to demonstrate it's not just non-Democrats asserting Obama is engaging in class warfare.

Regrettably, I took the bait, instead of staying on topic, and allowed that if this guy wanted to give more money to the Government, there was nothing stopping him; I even posted the address to which one could send gifts to the government.

Somebody said (maybe it was you) gifts aren't a tax.

I said, the taxes and gifts are spent the same and, by virtue of my earlier post (where I said he could send money in if he didn't feel he was taxed enough), suggested he could "self-tax."

Well, that didn't help matters because we got way off the topic and started some asinine exchange over taxes and gifts.

You insult, I call you an idiot and here we are.

Now, back to the original topic of the thread; This is a prominent Obama supporter that says he's engaging in class warfare and that it's not productive.

ElNono
09-27-2011, 04:59 PM
You've obviously gone off on a tangent.

No, I didn't. You wanna play 6 year old stupid, let's play:

ElNono
09-27-2011, 05:07 PM
I don't disagree that he's not happy with some of Barry's takes.

I merely wanted to point out something you left out in your "editorial" of his article, which is that he's not against a raise in taxes provided there's some conditions pegged to that when it comes to accountability.

All you needed to say was "I don't' agree with that", if you didn't agree with that.

Instead, you took the 6 year old route, and started babbling about gifts.
Gifts are not taxes, you already agreed with that. The article writer didn't suggest sending a gift, but specifically talked about taxes.

You don't agree with his take on tax hikes? That's fine. The whole 6 year old runaround is retarded.

Yonivore
09-27-2011, 05:36 PM
I don't disagree that he's not happy with some of Barry's takes.

I merely wanted to point out something you left out in your "editorial" of his article, which is that he's not against a raise in taxes provided there's some conditions pegged to that when it comes to accountability.
The point wasn't germane to the thread about a prominent Democrat being upset with Obama's class warfare rhetoric.

All you needed to say was "I don't' agree with that", if you didn't agree with that.
There's no way to agree or disagree with his statement without knowing how he defines government accountability. Again, I would suggest if this government was accountable with respect to how it spends our tax dollars, we wouldn't need a tax increase but, instead, could probably see more cuts.

And, even a six year-old can see he was making the same argument other idiots have been making and, it's basically this; I am willing to send more of my money to the government so, everyone else should be too. At least he qualified it with his statement about accountability...which is more than Warren Buffet and company have done.

Instead, you took the 6 year old route, and started babbling about gifts.
You're a fucking ankle-biter that follows me around the forum challenging everything I post. You deserve to be treated like a child.

Gifts are not taxes, you already agreed with that. The article writer didn't suggest sending a gift, but specifically talked about taxes.

You don't agree with his take on tax hikes? That's fine. The whole 6 year old runaround is retarded.
Money sent to the government is all spent the same way. Gift, taxes, fines, fee, you name it, they spend it if you'll send it to them. I merely suggested if he didn't think he was being taxed enough there's a mechanism to allow him to increase that amount.

ElNono
09-27-2011, 06:06 PM
The point wasn't germane to the thread about a prominent Democrat being upset with Obama's class warfare rhetoric.

That's not the only thing he said. I was pointing that out. You got all butthurt over the fact that he doesn't find raising taxes on his bracket being "Class Warfare". Did you actually read the article you posted?

He simply does not like the demonization rhetoric of all millionaires. I actually agree with that.

There's no way to agree or disagree with his statement without knowing how he defines government accountability.

Sure there's a way, because he defined what kind of accountability he wants. Go read the article you linked again.

And, even a six year-old can see he was making the same argument other idiots have been making and, it's basically this

Not that argument at all. He simply said he would have no problem paying more if his taxes would go up more. That's not the argument you're making.

:cry :cry :cry :cry You're a fucking ankle-biter that follows me around the forum challenging everything I post. You deserve to be treated like a child. :madrun :madrun :madrun

It's not me playing the 6 year old kid. That would be you.
And before talking about ankle-biting, you should look in the mirror.

And lol @ thinking somebody is following you around. You're not that important. I'll post here as I post on any thread. Deal with it.

Money sent to the government is all spent the same way.

Except he wasn't advocating sending more money to the government. So this point has nothing to do with what he said.

Yonivore
09-27-2011, 06:13 PM
I would be willing to wager there are more threads, in this forum -- significantly more thread -- where my first post is followed by a post from you about my post than there are threads where your first post is followed by a post from me about your post.

Well, to be fair, you compete with two or three others in here so, it may not be significantly more because RandomGuy, ChumpDumper, Boutonsdeux, and a couple of others beat you to the draw.

You're a Yoni troll. The first step in recovery is admitting it.

ElNono
09-27-2011, 06:14 PM
I would be willing to wager there are more threads, in this forum -- significantly more thread -- where my first post is followed by a post from you about my post than there are threads where your first post is followed by a post from me about your post.

So? I post everywhere. I would be willing to bet I posted in more threads not started by you than thread started by you.

:lmao yoni thinks he's important

ElNono
09-27-2011, 06:15 PM
What's next yoni? Sharia Law is out to get you?

Yonivore
09-27-2011, 06:19 PM
You got all butthurt over the fact that he doesn't find raising taxes on his bracket being "Class Warfare".
That's a straw man. He never conflated the raising of taxes with class warfare. He spoke specifically about the rhetoric he considered to be the President's instigation of class warfare.

He mocked the President's opulent life while he harangues about theirs.

Hell, he even mocked Michelle's jewelry.

Yes, I read the blog entry. Did you?

I can't help if he's still a stupid Democrat that wouldn't mind being taxed more.

ElNono
09-27-2011, 06:21 PM
That's a straw man. He never conflated the raising of taxes with class warfare.

He specifically pointed out what he doesn't like about the rhetoric, and specifically pointed out he wouldn't have a problem paying a little more in taxes, should he be taxed more (given certain conditions).

Looks pretty clear cut to me. At this point you need to argue with the guy, not me.

Yonivore
09-27-2011, 06:22 PM
What's next yoni? Sharia Law is out to get you?
Ankle biter.

ElNono
09-27-2011, 06:22 PM
Obviously I read the blog entry, otherwise I wouldn't have pointed those things out. Should be pretty obvious by now.

ElNono
09-27-2011, 06:23 PM
:cry :cry :cry Ankle biter :cry :cry :cry

Whatever, yoni. Booo!!! Now go running scared like a 6 year old. :lmao

ElNono
09-27-2011, 06:29 PM
"I pay taxes. I am willing to pay even more taxes but I would want accountability that the money was being spent wisely on infrastructure investments; education and retraining; and anything that makes us more competitive and gets people working again. That seems fair doesn’t it?"

He hates Obama! Don't tell me what he said! Stop following me! :cry :cry :cry

Yonivore
09-27-2011, 06:39 PM
Whatever, yoni. Booo!!! Now go running scared like a 6 year old. :lmao
I'm not going anywhere but, you do use emoticons like my six year-old daughter.

Yonivore
09-27-2011, 06:40 PM
"I pay taxes. I am willing to pay even more taxes but I would want accountability that the money was being spent wisely on infrastructure investments; education and retraining; and anything that makes us more competitive and gets people working again. That seems fair doesn’t it?"
Never said he hated Obama. In fact, he seems to want to continue voting for him if some sense can be talked into the President.

Nice hyperbole, kiddo.

ElNono
09-27-2011, 06:50 PM
I'm not going anywhere but, you do use emoticons like my six year-old daughter.

Are you going to bitch about emoticons now? :lol

I'm not going anywhere either, BTW.

Never said he hated Obama.

You know what I meant, specifically this:

I posted a blog by an Obama supporter that is fed up with Obama's class warfare rhetoric.

I guess now is where you go back to being a 6 year old and start arguing semantics.